What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

Sick sick catch and the way he was able to keep control of it even with the defender hitting the ball as he went to the ground. Amazing.

I'm sending him a fruit basket this morning. Was down by 29 going into the night, he gets me 30.3. Thank you Jimmy!

A 2nd half season Russell Wilson surge with graham as the focal point could spell championships fornus graham owners.  He's got the potential to dominate like this every week.  

A 2nd half season Russell Wilson surge with graham as the focal point could spell championships fornus graham owners.  He's got the potential to dominate like this every week.  
Belicheck unfortunately will probably take him away this week. Go back and look at his game vs NE when he had Drew Brees. 2013. 6 targets, zero catches. Starting with ZERO confidence as Belicheck goes after best player on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone worried about Graham this Sunday vs. Philly D who is very tough on opposing TEs?  Granted, they haven't played any TEs of Graham's caliber, but they're the #2 def vs the TE according to Yahoo.  They have talented safeties.  

I also have CJ fiedorowitz who is playing OAK - decent match up.  Dare I bench Graham??   It's not like Graham has been automatic every week either.  He's had a bunch of down weeks.  

Anyone worried about Graham this Sunday vs. Philly D who is very tough on opposing TEs?  Granted, they haven't played any TEs of Graham's caliber, but they're the #2 def vs the TE according to Yahoo.  They have talented safeties.  

I also have CJ fiedorowitz who is playing OAK - decent match up.  Dare I bench Graham??   It's not like Graham has been automatic every week either.  He's had a bunch of down weeks.  
In my dynasty league, I own Fiedorowicz and owned Graham from pre-season of 2010 (his rookie year) until 6 days ago (could not refuse a good offer after his monster game 2 weeks ago).  I would easily start a healthy Jimmy over C.J. every week regardless of match-up.  IMO, match-up rankings are much more helpful for every other position than they are for TEs.  While every team does use their QBs, RBs & WRs slightly differently, TE usage can be vastly different across the league.  This can skew the TE match-up rankings relative to the match-up rankings of the other positions.

I have been very pleased with CJ's current production, but he is still one of 3 TEs used by Houston in their passing game...alongside a strong WR corps... even if Oz is damaging that corps right now.  Graham, on the other hand, is perhaps Wilson's primary target...and if he is not (like last week) he is still much more likely to be a huge difference maker any given week.  

Now, CJ may out produce Jimmy this week, but the odds are strongly in Jimmy's favor imo.  Plus, Jimmy has a chance to be a player that carries your team to victory, while CJ is probably best looked at as a player that won't hurt you significantly and might help a little.

You are right that Graham has not been automatic, but in my mind, its about the odds and the level of the potential payoff.

Good luck.

Very inconsistent. I know the Seahawks as a team crapped the bed, but Graham has a bunch of duds this year, mixed with a bunch of TOP 5 TE games.  The Rams now on short rest, fired up with a new coach.  Whose using him Week 15?  The Rams cover the TE's well.

Very inconsistent. I know the Seahawks as a team crapped the bed, but Graham has a bunch of duds this year, mixed with a bunch of TOP 5 TE games.  The Rams now on short rest, fired up with a new coach.  Whose using him Week 15?  The Rams cover the TE's well.
When you see how gawd awful Wilson's attempt was to him when he was WIDE open for a 60 yard TD, you can understand why he is hit or miss.

I am, I have no alternative in Dynasty because Hooper is not ready for primetime. Expecting another dud.

I unfortunate no other choice but to start him.  Starting him with extremely low confidence.  

My other options would be clay or Gresham off the WW.  Regardless of matchup I feel that graham has the same chance of scoring as either of them with higher upside for a huge game.  

Here's hoping!

He looked way too big last year. 280 is way too heavy for a guy like him. No one can be explosive at 6-6, 280.

Three weeks ago I offered my 2018 dynasty first rounder for Graham and was ignored. Since then, I've lost David Johnson to injury.

Winning?

The entire offense is out of sync RT now.  Seems like they start off slow and disjointed like this every year and then heat up. Heres hoping.  

Users who are viewing this thread