What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

So if he plays Sunday are you still starting him?  If you could play ebron or Doyle would you play them over him?  Man what a ####ty way to start the season

So if he plays Sunday are you still starting him?  If you could play ebron or Doyle would you play them over him?  Man what a ####ty way to start the season
if my fantasy teams had 3 balls maybe (why is tes.ticles a censored word on here?). but as it metaphorically stands, they have 2. and both have been metaphorically kicked by starting Graham 2 weeks in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Pete Carroll said Jimmy Graham (questionable, ankle) "should be fine" for Sunday's game against the Titans.

Graham was held out early this week to rest ankle and knee issues. He returned to practice Friday, putting him on track to be active. Graham still can't be completly trusted with the Seahawks on a late game. Playing injured and a non-factor the first two weeks, Graham is a high-risk TE1.

Source: Liz Mathews on Twitter 

Sep 22 - 5:14 PM

Same here in one. Engram in another.

I had high hopes for him this yr damn
I have Waldmans voice on the Audible from about six weeks ago haunting me  'word that I've heard is that Jimmy Graham could get NO levels of usage with the Seahawks this year' 

This could still turn out relatively good as the season progress I guess. 

Engram is on my wire, who would people go with Watson or Engram ? 

I have Waldmans voice on the Audible from about six weeks ago haunting me  'word that I've heard is that Jimmy Graham could get NO levels of usage with the Seahawks this year' 

Coin flip imo

Sitting for Watson this week.  I just don't trust his number of targets combined with the health concerns.

New Orleans levels?

or 'No levels' ?

:unsure:

The only argument I really see for it getting better is "it has to get better", which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Jayon Brown and Kevin Byard cover the TE in TEN. They're very athletic first and second year players. They don't shut anyone down with their inexperience, but they're all over them and it seems pretty difficult to expect a lot of success against them. Maybe for one of the few TEs that catch dink n dunk passes. I could imagine them giving up a lot of 4-5 yard routes. All in all though, they're smothering and have a bright future in the league. JRob did well with those two

Feel bad for Graham who is one of the better talents at the position. But injuries and usage have hampered him since coming to SEA. I'm not sure why he couldn't be as successful in SEA outside system - outside of Baldwin not a lot of receiving options, and their run game has been sound enough over the years to open up under and seam routes.

he was nigh unstoppable in NO - maybe it just takes that kind of team - all offense, no defense, always in catch-up - to make him successful.

Feel bad for Graham who is one of the better talents at the position. But injuries and usage have hampered him since coming to SEA. I'm not sure why he couldn't be as successful in SEA outside system - outside of Baldwin not a lot of receiving options, and their run game has been sound enough over the years to open up under and seam routes.

he was nigh unstoppable in NO - maybe it just takes that kind of team - all offense, no defense, always in catch-up - to make him successful.
No.  He's misused.  The oline doesn't help him.  But he needs to get out of dodge

Sitting for Fleener, who doesn't have a good match up. I've no faith... but I'm holding and hoping. 
Was just getting ready to say the same thing;  sitting him for Fleener in a league. I gotta see Graham have at least one good game before I voluntarily put him back in my lineup.  Not that I love starting Fleener, that's just how little faith I have in Graham right now. 

Three weeks of decent production and a TD this week in the "old style".  He's been in my lineups recently.
25 targets, 17 catches, 170 yards, 1 TD in 3 games. That prorates to a 90/900/5 season... if the Hawks can do anything more with their OL and running game, there should be more opportunities for TDs. Carroll said in his monday presser that they want to throw that fade/jump ball to Graham more often.

Jimmy Graham nabbed three-of-six targets for 51 yards and a touchdown Sunday in the Seahawks’ Week 7 win over the Giants.

He salvaged the week for fantasy owners by beating Eli Apple for a two-yard touchdown late in the fourth quarter, but Sunday was otherwise a day of missed opportunities for Graham. He dropped a touchdown pass on fourth-and-goal early in the second quarter and later let another ball slip through his fingers on a play where he had nothing but green grass in front of him. It’s been a disappointing year relative to expectations for Graham, though he has scored a touchdown in two straight games after going his first four weeks without one. He’ll be a TE1 against the Texans in Week 8.

:dynastyfingerscrossed:

Jimmy is a FA after this season and will hopefully leave the team that has never utilized him to his potential....

.... while the Saints are projected to be $35M under the cap next year and, other than M. Thomas, have two sub-6'-WR's as their major receivers.

:dynastyfingerscrossed:

Anyone shopping Graham? What are you getting for him?

I tried to a TE starved team in a package deal with Hilton for DeAndre Hopkins. No bite, but that was before Hilton laid another egg this week. Might try Diggs and Graham for Hopkins.... 

Just want to rid myself of this guy

Anyone shopping Graham? What are you getting for him?

I tried to a TE starved team in a package deal with Hilton for DeAndre Hopkins. No bite, but that was before Hilton laid another egg this week. Might try Diggs and Graham for Hopkins.... 

Just want to rid myself of this guy
At least he's actually involved in the offense now.  The first month was like he wasn't even out there.  Unless you get something you really need I would hold.  He's better than most tes

He would have had a bigger day, dropped a TD and another wide open pass from what I saw.

I have Graham and Henry in a short bench and shopping either.  I think Week 9 is when the teams with bye's will start making offers.

According to Fantasy Labs (never heard of them), Graham is not on final injury report. To play Thursday

Anyone benching??? Not sure how serious his injury is. Held out Monday and Tuesday practices, but probably because of the short week I imagine. 

I'm likely starting... can't afford a healthy bench right now with other byes. 

I'll be starting as well...and fully expect to get 1-4 pts in the first half, ##### up a storm, then have Jimmy redeem himself in the 4th qtr.  That has been the story ALL YEAR with this guy.  I'll take it, but just for once I would love a nice first half.  

According to Fantasy Labs (never heard of them), Graham is not on final injury report. To play Thursday

Anyone benching??? Not sure how serious his injury is. Held out Monday and Tuesday practices, but probably because of the short week I imagine. 

I'm likely starting... can't afford a healthy bench right now with other byes. 
starting him. my only other option is Gerald Everett

Users who are viewing this thread