What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Continuous Rays thread: fun season (2 Viewers)

So I decided to head to the Trop for my first game of the season today.

That was a bad idea.

Premier, on 04 Apr 2013 - 15:03, said:

Grahamburn, on 04 Apr 2013 - 14:01, said:Same owner who complains about attendance and says he'll increase payroll when revenue increases? I'll believe it when I see it.
Did you miss the Longoria extension.
Sure, they extended him, but he most certainly took the "hometown discount," and it's the second time in his career he's done that to stay a Ray. Longoria is a $15M+ per year player on the open market, and if he ever hit the open market he'd probably get more than that.

"The significance of this is not lost on anybody," Rays executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said. "We're extending that commitment now."His new deal calls for a $5,000,180 signing bonus -- the $180 is for good luck. Of the signing bonus, $1,000,180 is new money payable Dec. 15 and the rest is a pair of $2 million payments on Feb. 15 and June 14. His 2013 salary is reduced from $6 million to $2 million.Longoria's salaries remain $7.5 million for 2014, $11 million for 2015 and $12.1 million for 2016. The new deal adds salaries of $13 million for 2017, $13.5 million for 2018, $14.5 million for 2019, $15 million for 2020, $18.5 million for 2021 and $19.5 million for 2022.Tampa Bay holds a $13 million option for 2023 with a $5 million buyout, and escalators could raise the option price to $18 million.
Longoria's comments:

"We kind of tried to find a middle ground to where we would able to do some things to be able to afford some players to put ourselves in a position to win every year," Longoria said. "And I told them from the beginning that I didn't want to be the one sucking up all the payroll so we can't afford anybody else."
I don't get the impression David Price is going to sign this type of deal. Longo's contract is "team friendly" in every sense of the term. If Price doesn't sign this type of deal he'll go somewhere he can get $25M per, which he'll certainly get, and the Rays will get prospects for him.I also think Evan's most recent comments in the media regarding B.J. Upton and James Shields are somewhat in reference to his willingness to sign this type of contract when those players weren't, because they were from the "old regime."

1 run in the past 17 innings.

If only we had one of the best hitting prospects in the game sitting at AAA.

@DurhamBulls: Brandon Guyer's line from the 1st inning alone: 2-for-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. That's a great week for some guys.

:hot:

@DurhamBulls: Brandon Guyer's line from the 1st inning alone: 2-for-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. That's a great week for some guys. :hot:
Gwinnett starter Daniel Rodriguez gave up 9 ER in 1/3 IP. :bag:
Ugly. Guyer is no superstar in the making but he's hit at Durham and HAS to be better than Fuld and Duncan. You can't be holding back his arb clock. I don't get why he doesn't get a shot.

@DurhamBulls: Brandon Guyer's line from the 1st inning alone: 2-for-2, 2 HR, 5 RBI. That's a great week for some guys. :hot:
Ugly.Guyer is no superstar in the making but he's hit at Durham and HAS to be better than Fuld and Duncan. You can't be holding back his arb clock. I don't get why he doesn't get a shot.
He's easily better than either of those two. It's puzzling. Ask Collette.

Longoria,

Thanks for being healthy, but can you get a homer or an extra base hit? Thanks again, and please stay healthy.

Ugly.Guyer is no superstar in the making but he's hit at Durham and HAS to be better than Fuld and Duncan. You can't be holding back his arb clock. I don't get why he doesn't get a shot.
He's easily better than either of those two. It's puzzling. Ask Collette.
I have. He doesn't know either.

Just saw highlights of the end of today's game. Runner on 3rd, one out. Why don't you walk the bases loaded in the 10th and give yourself an op for the force at home, or even turning two?

I thought Madden was smart.

Hoping they get no-hit today.
It would be embarrassing and all, but Buchholz is no joke. Farrell has straightened him right out. He's no longer having a sandwich and a cup of coffee in between every pitch. Get the sign... fire the ball. It seems to have made all the difference.

Hoping they get no-hit today.
It would be embarrassing and all, but Buchholz is no joke. Farrell has straightened him right out. He's no longer having a sandwich and a cup of coffee in between every pitch. Get the sign... fire the ball. It seems to have made all the difference.
Doesn't embarrass me. They need offense and need to wake up to it. They keep playing for 3 years down the road while Sam Fuld takes at-bats away from their third best hitter who happens to be at Durham.

It's hard to believe that with all this SP depth, Fausto Roberto Hernandez Carmona is getting starts.

Maybe they're just punting this year? Some of these roster decisions are just baffling.

Lobaton with another 1st pitch strike and then chases one upstairs leaving Joyce stranded. These guys allergic to RISP or something?

How on god's green earth does Maddon not bring Rodney into a tie game? Your 9th and 10th inning consists of Jamey Wright handing the ball to Brandon Gomes. :lmao:

2-7 road trip. It's early, but they're not a good team.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sobsey: #rays hak-ju lee leaves game with what appears to be severe left-knee injury. Collision w/ sliding runner at 2B trying to turn double play.

What a season so far. Guy was hitting .450 :sadbanana:

Last edited by a moderator:
@TBTimesRays2: Bad news for #Rays SS prospect Hak-Ju Lee, who tore ligaments in left knee in today's game in Triple-A. Return this season unlikely

Well crap.

Users who are viewing this thread