What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Julian Edelman going forward (4 Viewers)

Julian Edelman (chest) is slated for more tests Monday.

Edelman's chest X-rays came back negative, though he could require an MRI to determine whether he suffered cartilage damage to his injured ribs. Should Edelman miss time, undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers would handle slot duties—he lined up inside on 86.2 percent of his snaps against the Jets—with Josh Gordon and Phillip Dorsett continuing to work outside.

SOURCE: Michael Giardi on Twitter

Sep 23, 2019, 10:33 AM ET

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that Julian Edelman (chest) will be good and isn't dealing with a major injury.

Specifically, the source stated, "He'll be good." Rapoport added that the injury isn't major and noted that Edelman hasn't been ruled out this week. The news has been consistently positive around the injury, as his chest x-rays came back negative. It seems unlikely Edelman misses an extended period of time, but he should probably still be considered questionable for the Patriots' Week 4 matchup against the Bills.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Sep 23, 2019, 2:49 PM ET

Julian Edelman (chest) is practicing Wednesday.

By all accounts, Edelman's chest injury isn't serious, and this confirms it. Edelman is now on track to play against the Bills this week barring a setback. He should be fired up as a lock-and-load WR2 with the best individual matchup for that game.

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter

Sep 25, 2019, 1:08 PM ET

Julian Edelman (chest) is questionable for the Patriots' Week 4 matchup against the Bills.

Jakobi Meyers will take Edelman's place in the slot if he's ultimately unable to suit up. NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports Edelman isn't a lock to suit up Sunday, but he's trending in the right direction. This is looking like a true game-time decision. The entire Patriots passing game has a tough matchup against a Bills defense that has allowed a league-low 185 passing yards per game dating back to Week 1 of last season.

SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter.

Sep 27, 2019, 4:13 PM ET

Julian Edelman (chest) is expected to play in the Patriots' Week 4 matchup against the Bills.

Edelman is traveling with the Patriots, and NFL Network's Michael Giardi reports the "expectation" is Edelman plays. His matchup in the slot is easier than it is against the Bills' outside corners, but the Bills have allowed a league-low 185 passing yards since Week 1 of 2018. Edelman will be a volume-based WR2 if he goes through tomorrow's warm-ups with ease.

SOURCE: Michael Giardi on Twitter

Sep 28, 2019, 2:14 PM ET

Any Pat's homers with insight?  Heard he may be on a snap count.  Trying to decide between Edelman and McLaurin.

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Julian Edelman (questionable, chest) will play Week 4 against the Bills but his snaps will "hinge on how he feels."

Edelman was always expected to play, though the thinking was that New England could limit his exposure coming off a chest injury that knocked him out of Week 3. Rapsheet confirms that's very much the case, noting the slot staple may not see his "full allotment" in Buffalo. A reduced role for Edelman would free up targets for Josh Gordon, Phillip Dorsett and James White, among others. Undrafted rookie Jakobi Meyers, who spelled Edelman in the slot after he went down in Week 3, could also be in for more work.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 29, 2019, 8:07 AM ET

Well boys, what are we doing here?

Leaning towards sitting.
Starting him in one league, but I do't really have any other decent options. (Unicorn, James Washington) Benched him in one league for Beasley, which may seem odd, but here's my reasoning. The game they both play in will be somewhere between a close game and a blow out in favor of NE. Anywhere in that range I see the Bills looking to complete a lot of passes, especially of the short variety. On the other side, if the game starts to get out of hand in favor of NE, I could see Edelman's targets dropping very significantly. They could go run heavy, or they could give Edelman some rest. Basically, I think Beasley will be involved in all 4 quarters, with likely some garbage time points, whereas Edelman could be shut down after 2-3.5 quarters.   

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Julian Edelman (questionable, chest) will play Week 5 against the Redskins.

Edelman has had his practice reps rationed while working through a chest injury, though his availability for Sunday's game in D.C. was never in much doubt. Even at less than 100 percent, Edelman should have his way against a Redskins team that ranks near the bottom of the league in most defensive categories. Vegas has the Pats as 16.5-point road favorites.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 6, 2019, 9:56 AM ET

Julian Edelman (chest) is questionable for Week 6 against the Giants.

Edelman's been listed as questionable the past two weeks and tallied 12/140/1 on 16 targets. He'll play and remain a strong WR2 at home against a Giants secondary that's permitted the second-most fantasy points per game to opposing wideouts. Josh Gordon (knee) is also notably questionable for Thursday night.

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter

Oct 9, 2019, 3:42 PM ET

Julian Edelman caught 9-of-15 targets for 113 yards in the Patriots' Week 6 win over the Giants.

With the Patriots' passing attack just not clicking, Edelman essentially had to take over in the second half. He did just that as he posted new season highs in catches and yards. Edelman was the intended target on Tom Brady's awful first half interception. The duo seemed to have a miscommunication. Edelman could have had a score but was woefully under-thrown by Brady near the goal line. Coming off back-to-back 8/110 lines, Edelman could head into Week 7's road trip to face the Jets with Josh Gordon (knee) sidelined.

Last edited by a moderator:
TDs will come but getting 15 targets a game is nice right now. He's a PPR machine.
Glad I overpaid pair of 2s for him in league where I needed to bridge Tyreek injury. He's been model consistency at WR2, even in .5ppr. He'll probably be WR15ish after this week. Only wild card is what happens in December when I assume Harry will be worked into offense. Thought that'll impact Gordon more, which isn't saying much with his limited role.

Glad I overpaid pair of 2s for him in league where I needed to bridge Tyreek injury. He's been model consistency at WR2, even in .5ppr. He'll probably be WR15ish after this week. Only wild card is what happens in December when I assume Harry will be worked into offense. Thought that'll impact Gordon more, which isn't saying much with his limited role.
Not sure Harry will play a big role given TB's lack of interest in working with newbie WR's.

Not sure Harry will play a big role given TB's lack of interest in working with newbie WR's.
It's not newbs, it's newbs who don't know what they are doing. He had no issue with AB. Not so much Ocho Cinco. And Malcolm Mitchell is a recent example of a young WR who instantly earned trust. That said, I'm not expecting much from Harry, but it's a potential wild card.

It's not newbs, it's newbs who don't know what they are doing. He had no issue with AB. Not so much Ocho Cinco. And Malcolm Mitchell is a recent example of a young WR who instantly earned trust. That said, I'm not expecting much from Harry, but it's a potential wild card.
I meant newbie as in rookies. Mitchell had 32-401-4 in his one year with the team. He did well in the SB that year when they pretty much were all hands on deck and forced to throw the ball 62 times. IIRC, Mitchell only had two regular season games with more than 50 receiving yards. His first 8 games he only compiled 7-95-0. Not sure that equates to Mitchell earning instant trust with Brady or if Mitchell was or was not productive. IMO, at best that made Mitchell a role player that year that had more on his plate at the end of the year.

I meant newbie as in rookies. Mitchell had 32-401-4 in his one year with the team. He did well in the SB that year when they pretty much were all hands on deck and forced to throw the ball 62 times. IIRC, Mitchell only had two regular season games with more than 50 receiving yards. His first 8 games he only compiled 7-95-0. Not sure that equates to Mitchell earning instant trust with Brady or if Mitchell was or was not productive. IMO, at best that made Mitchell a role player that year that had more on his plate at the end of the year.
Wow ok. Guess that SB really clouded my perception of the regular season. Thought he was like an 800 yard guy.

Julian Edelman caught 7-of-12 targets for 47 yards in the Patriots' Week 7 win over the Jets.

Edelman led the team in targets but rarely saw anything more than a few yards past the line of scrimmage. On one of his downfield looks, Edelman whopped the defender but dropped a perfect throw from Tom Brady. He also committed a penalty that negated a James White rushing score. Edelman will be a borderline WR1/2 next week at home against the Browns.

Oct 21, 2019, 11:52 PM ET

I watched Edelman closely as I needed him in two close matchups.   Believe it or not he was double covered a lot.  Being a slot receiver that really surprised me.

Maybe he's not valued too highly in dynasty PPR now?

Last night, I got an offer for my Edelman, D. Henry, Ebron & M. Evans for his M. Andrews, Tate, Gurley & Thielen
He's going to be 34 next season and has taken a beating over the years. Do you typically see a lot of dynasty interest in guys that age?

As an FYI, Edelman over his last 16 games (regular and post season) has produced 105-1308-6 with 96 rushing yards.

hispeedthinmint said:
Maybe he's not valued too highly in dynasty PPR now?

Last night, I got an offer for my Edelman, D. Henry, Ebron & M. Evans for his M. Andrews, Tate, Gurley & Thielen
He should (EDIT: Should Not) be valued that highly in dynasty. Only a very small pool of owners that'll have interest in him at all.

My PPR Thoughts: 

Thielen > Evans   (I've never been anywhere close as high on Evans's fantasy stock as the community. I thought Godwin was their best overall receiver 2 years ago when Desean was there. Nothing Godwin's done since then has changed that. You'll find more fantasy consistency with him IMO. I'd take Thielen fairly easily but realize many will value Evans a lot higher.

Henry > Gurley (Some may see this as a wash. I don't think Gurley will be much more than a 2 down guy next year and already less explosive than Henry. I don't think Rams can get out from that contract w/o large cap hit til 2021. There's far too much difference in the explosiveness Darrel Henderson provides than 2019 Gurley to think Gurley will hog touches even to the extent he has this year. Gurley's an asset whose age you ignore (still only 25). He looks 25 going on 30 and is going to be used as such IMO. I own Gurley in every single redraft. The explosiveness is gone. If you watch to see the Gurley of old, go watch Chubb.

Andrews >>> Ebron    (Andrews is a Top 5 dynasty TE asset. Ebron IMO is a guy you can find on the wire at TE every week)

Tate <> Edelman (Edelman now. Tate later. Shepard's concussion issues bumps Golden up higher than I would have had him coming into season)

Julian Edelman (chest, shoulder) remained limited at Thursday's practice.

Edelman rarely gets in full practices anymore, though he's yet to miss a game in 2019. That should remain the case Sunday night in Baltimore. A PPR cheat code, only Michael Thomas (39) and DeAndre Hopkins (36) have caught more balls than Edelman (32) the past four weeks.

SOURCE: Doug Kyed on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 4:29 PM ET

Julian Edelman caught 10-of-11 targets for 89 yards in Week 9 against the Ravens.

It was a rough night for Edelman, who had a fumble that was returned for a touchdown. He was targeted 11 times, but turned it into a bunch of scoreless yards. It’s the first time Edelman finished with double-digit catches this season, though he was mostly held in check by Marlon Humphrey. Edelman will take a 63/663/4 line into the Patriots’ 10 bye.

Nov 3, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

anyone in postion to make an all in dyno playoff run and needs better wr prodution should look to aquire jullian.

projected top10 wr, great schedule, plenty of targets, team is rolling.

he should be affordable because he is about to retire, but at what price?

might they rest him thou, hmm.

anyone in postion to make a dyno playoff run and needs better wr prodution should look to aquire jullian.

projected top10 wr, great schedule, plenty of targets, team is rolling.

he should be affordable because he is about to retire.

might they rest him thou, hmm.
Rolling, didnt  they just lose?

Users who are viewing this thread