What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

T gave up Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB;Henne, Chad JAC QB, 1.07, and 1.09 gave up Shorts, Cecil JAC WR;Thompson, Taylor TEN TE
So what we have here is Cecil Shorts (with Tebow) for 1.07 & 1.09 plus some garbage exchanged also. Give me the 2 picks all day.
I'll take the guy that has proven the ability to play in the league over two mid-late wildcards. If Tebow stinks up the joint, then he won't be starting and you still have a very young WR.Also, keep in mind that Tebow could be better than Gabbert and Henne (and presumably would be if he wins the job).

Team E getsLocker, Britt, Torrey Smith, 2013 1.07Team F getsFitzpatrick, Ben Tate, Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts
I like the Team F side.
By a significant margin
I like it too (don't like Britt, Locker or Smith) but did you guys take into account the destruciton that Tebow will cause in Jax? Shorts is highly likely to see a huge drop in production and Fitzpatrick is on his way out the door.
Maybe Fitzpatrick will be throwing to Shorts after Tebow's last chance is exhausted. Nothing against Tebow personally, but he isn't fit to be a QB in the NFL and I don't know why teams continue to bring him in. I guess the reason in Jax will be to fill seats, because people still love him in Florida and I guess that is understandable, however blind they may be.

See post #14 for why I could afford to do that trade. I hope to send some of those 2013 1st rd picks for 2014 1st rd picks, which I'm much higher on at the top of the draft. However, I do like the middle of the 1st rd of this draft and I have 4 1st rd picks right in the middle to late middle of the 1st round.
I see that and know you have a plan and a contingency and would take the same course as you. After seeing your ranking thread, I have an idea of who you like and I,too, think that a couple/few of those guys have a chance to be better than Wright if the situation is good. If not, we all know that current picks can generally be flipped for future picks as the draft rolls around.
I would love it if I could fall into Lee and Watkins in 2014. It's no secret who the top 2 picks will be.

Team E getsLocker, Britt, Torrey Smith, 2013 1.07Team F getsFitzpatrick, Ben Tate, Jordy Nelson, Cecil Shorts
I like the Team F side.
By a significant margin
I like it too (don't like Britt, Locker or Smith) but did you guys take into account the destruciton that Tebow will cause in Jax? Shorts is highly likely to see a huge drop in production and Fitzpatrick is on his way out the door.
Maybe Fitzpatrick will be throwing to Shorts after Tebow's last chance is exhausted. Nothing against Tebow personally, but he isn't fit to be a QB in the NFL and I don't know why teams continue to bring him in. I guess the reason in Jax will be to fill seats, because people still love him in Florida and I guess that is understandable, however blind they may be.
It's Tebow's last stop before the NFL tells him to just go away and yes, they are doing it to fill the seats. They are going to win enough games to keep him around also, thus crushing the value of Shorts, Blackmon, etc for a year or 2 minimum. The team stinks, but Tebow's game is made to beat horrid teams like KC or OAK, (who they may play next year) TEN twice, they will get ARI next year also I beleive. The team will win more than 2 games and the tebow will QB in 2014.I say he sticks longer than you think.Fitz could go to Ari. to make the Fitz/Fitz connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Team F side.
By a significant margin
It's Tebow's last stop before the NFL tells him to just go away and yes, they are doing it to fill the seats. They are going to win enough games to keep him around also, thus crushing the value of Shorts, Blackmon, etc for a year or 2 minimum. The team stinks, but Tebow's game is made to beat horrid teams like KC or OAK, (who they may play next year) TEN twice, they will get ARI next year also I beleive. The team will win more than 2 games and the tebow will QB in 2014.I say he sticks longer than you think.Fitz could go to Ari. to make the Fitz/Fitz connection.
With that easy of a schedule they are missing a golden opportunity to do a lot better than they will do with Tebow. Maybe they should go after Vick instead of Tebow.

12 team 24 roster 1/2 point PPR.

Team A gives: Kendall Wright

Team B gives: 2013 1.08
Seems like a great deal for Team B.
See post #1164 in this thread - http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=628197&st=1150&gopid=15162090entry15162090
Another side of the coin is that Kendall Wright is averaging 10 PPR points this season. Of all the rookie WRs to have 10+ PPG since 2001, 18-of-31 (58%) have increased their per game production in Y2. More specifically, 9-of-15 rookie WRs that averaged 10-11 PPG saw an increase in Y2. The biggest fallers in Y2 were Dez Briscoe (PPG inflated with low games played as a rookie), and Keary Colbert from 10 PPG to 4 PPG. I like the odds of holding Kendall Wright into Y2 as the Titans situation basically crumbled around him in 2012 and think that 2013 will likely be better for that as well. There are holes in this argument, but the probability is on this side IMO.

See post #1164 in this thread - http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=628197&st=1150&gopid=15162090entry15162090
Another side of the coin is that Kendall Wright is averaging 10 PPR points this season. Of all the rookie WRs to have 10+ PPG since 2001, 18-of-31 (58%) have increased their per game production in Y2. More specifically, 9-of-15 rookie WRs that averaged 10-11 PPG saw an increase in Y2. The biggest fallers in Y2 were Dez Briscoe (PPG inflated with low games played as a rookie), and Keary Colbert from 10 PPG to 4 PPG. I like the odds of holding Kendall Wright into Y2 as the Titans situation basically crumbled around him in 2012 and think that 2013 will likely be better for that as well. There are holes in this argument, but the probability is on this side IMO.
Can't say much for WRs you mentioned as being part of any comparison that puts a WR in a good light.

Two more trades (in addition to the ones mentioned yesterday) ***Disclaimer - these are long standing "friends" leagues with medium level buy ins and we have seen our share of really nice/fair trades and some head scratchers over the year. Not looking for any "team A is an idiot" "team B by far",etc - just throwing them out there for now.12 team/30 players (no kickers) start 1/2/3/1 - superflex - QB = 1/20, 4/TD, 1 INT, staggered PPR (.5/1/1.5) - 1/10 yardage. Draft is rounds 1&2 upon completion of NFL draft and rounds 3-5 in August (round 3 holds as much/more value than round 2 to a point)Team A gets K. MorenoTeam B gets A. Bradshaw/Juron Criner12 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; QB = 1/25, 4 TD, 2 INT, bonus for 100/100/300Team A gets C ShortsTeam B gets Andre Roberts/2014 1st (team B has 4 2014 1sts now)

Can't say much for WRs you mentioned as being part of any comparison that puts a WR in a good light.
How about Maclin and Greg Jennings - also comparable prospects and 1st year performances....

12 team PPR (30 man rosters, non-IDP)

M gave up LaFell, Brandon CAR WR; 1.11

R gave up Austin, Miles DAL WR; 3.05

2.03, 2.05, 2.06, 2.07, 3.01, 3.02, 3.11, 3.12, 4.01, 4.02, 4.09, 5.02, 5.03, 5.04, 5.05, 5.12

for

(left with 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05, and 5.01 with little room on roster)

V gave up Smith, Torrey BAL WR

M gave up Shorts, Cecil JAC WR; 2.01; 4.01; 5.01

12 team PPR (30 man rosters, non-IDP)M gave up LaFell, Brandon CAR WR; 1.11R gave up Austin, Miles DAL WR; 3.05
Loving Austin for only 1.11. Perhaps Dez's emergence makes him a good offseason target.
2.03, 2.05, 2.06, 2.07, 3.01, 3.02, 3.11, 3.12, 4.01, 4.02, 4.09, 5.02, 5.03, 5.04, 5.05, 5.12for 1.05 (left with 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05, and 5.01 with little room on roster)
1.05, quality over quantity.
V gave up Smith, Torrey BAL WRM gave up Shorts, Cecil JAC WR; 2.01; 4.01; 5.01
I'd rather have Smith, but I could see others preferring Shorts.

If the team trading the 1.5 is a pretty weak team with the actual roster space to stash all 16 of those picks, that's a great haul for the 1.5 in a class that is the opposite of top-heavy. There's going to be lots of value in the early 2nd round, plus the fact that with SIXTEEN darts to throw, the odds of finding a better player or three than the likely over-hyped player taken at 1.5 is pretty high.

I understand not having the roster space for all 20 of those draft picks, but I think you could have done a better job with them than moving them ALL in one deal for a mid-1st.

Do you ever see Wright as much more than a WR #4 fantasy WR with Locker throwing to him and on that team? I think sometimes we automatically think a guy's talent will translate to fantasy production. I used to think that way until I saw what happened to Larry Fitzgerald. Even in dynasty leagues we have to take situation into account. The theory talent over situation doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. I'm not even convinced his talent will ever be WR #1 on a team and his upsided could be limited.

Edited for poor spelling.
Everyone who wants to talk up the importance of situation always goes to Larry Fitzgerald. Before that, the go-to was Lee Evans. Jonathan and DeAngelo will get brought up a lot, too. On the other hand, you've got Calvin Johnson (anyone remember the Dan Orlovsky eraerror?), Randall Cobb (buried as the 4th receiver on the depth chart with no clear path to playing time), Percy Harvin (Christian Ponder), Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker (Tim Tebow), Jamaal Charles (2-13 team whose coach has admitted to literally forgetting that calling plays for Charles was an option), Andrew Luck (2-14 Colts), Robert Griffin (Washington Redskins, no first rounders for years), Aaron Rodgers (stuck behind a HoFer for years), Philip Rivers (stuck behind Brees), Colin Kaepernick (Alex Smith), Ben Roethlisberger (run-first offense), maybe Brandon Marshall (bad passing team with no other WRs), Michael Turner (Tomlinson), Larry Johnson (Holmes)... Lots of examples to the contrary.Not that Kendall Wright is someone I'd really want to go to the mattresses over in the talent vs. situation argument. I liked Wright coming in, even thought he was the second best WR in the class, but he's no Randall Cobb. I think the 1.08 is a fair enough price for him. There'll almost certainly be a WR available there who is a comparable talent (looking like lots of second round type guys this year), and possibly a better situation, to boot.

If the team trading the 1.5 is a pretty weak team with the actual roster space to stash all 16 of those picks, that's a great haul for the 1.5 in a class that is the opposite of top-heavy. There's going to be lots of value in the early 2nd round, plus the fact that with SIXTEEN darts to throw, the odds of finding a better player or three than the likely over-hyped player taken at 1.5 is pretty high.

I understand not having the roster space for all 20 of those draft picks, but I think you could have done a better job with them than moving them ALL in one deal for a mid-1st.
I traded for 1.05 and my roster is filled with guys like Jon Baldwin, Rueben Randle, Alshon Jeffery, Stephen Hill, Broyles, and many more. Only so many wildcards a 30 man roster can hold. I need some guys who will make an impact so I'm looking for that premium situation and also hoping that after the combine and pro-days along with situations then a top tier will emerge. I know in December last year Doug Martin was all over the charts and now he is a top 5 back http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=580252&view=findpost&p=13898094

12 team/30 players (no kickers) start 1/2/3/1 - superflex - QB = 1/20, 4/TD, 1 INT, staggered PPR (.5/1/1.5) - 1/10 yardage.

Team A receives H. Nicks/Ryan Fitzpatrick

Team B receives A. Dalton/ S. Hill/ M. Sanu/1.7 in 2013

12 team/25 players - PPR, start 2 QB, all TD = 6 pts

Team A receives Brady, Ridley, Michael Floyd, Maclin

Team B receives Flacco, Ryan Matthews, Blackmon

12 team .5 pt ppr

Give up Ballard to get Mendy?

Both are my 4th best RB at best. Take the chance on mendy or stick with ballard?

12 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; bonus for 100/100/300

Team A receives G. Jennings/Daryl Richardson

Team B receives Josh Gordon/K. Hunter/J. Boykin/2015 2nd

12 team .5 pt pprGive up Ballard to get Mendy?Both are my 4th best RB at best. Take the chance on mendy or stick with ballard?
With all due respect, this thread is for completed trades. You may want to head to AC forum. Ive used it plenty, just answer some responses and leave a link for yours as people will help you

12 team .5 pt pprGive up Ballard to get Mendy?Both are my 4th best RB at best. Take the chance on mendy or stick with ballard?
With all due respect, this thread is for completed trades. You may want to head to AC forum. Ive used it plenty, just answer some responses and leave a link for yours as people will help you
Sorry, new to the forums :/ Well i completed the trade... what do ya think?

12 team PPR league. Start 1/2/3/1

Team A gave: Forte/Antonio Brown

Team B gave: Alfred Morris/2014 1st

Team B is a Bears homer and has no startable WR under 30 except Fitzgerald. Team A has lots of WR depth. He gets to pair Martin with Morris now.

12 team PPR league. Start 1/2/3/1Team A gave: Forte/Antonio BrownTeam B gave: Alfred Morris/2014 1stTeam B is a Bears homer and has no startable WR under 30 except Fitzgerald. Team A has lots of WR depth. He gets to pair Martin with Morris now.
I'd like that trade for team B even if he wasn't getting a 2014 first.

12 team PPR league. Start 1/2/3/1Team A gave: Forte/Antonio BrownTeam B gave: Alfred Morris/2014 1stTeam B is a Bears homer and has no startable WR under 30 except Fitzgerald. Team A has lots of WR depth. He gets to pair Martin with Morris now.
Assume you meant Team A since he got the 1st along with Morris.

Assume you meant Team A since he got the 1st along with Morris.
Yup, sorry, was expecting got/got format.

Two trades same league, same owner getting both backs already had Trich/Ridley. WRs left are Cruz/Jordy/Stevie & Djax

Trade 1

Team A got:

McFadden

Housler

Team B got:

Hernandez

Wells

Trade 2

Team A got:

Lynch

Turbin

Team B got:

Crabtree

Hilton

Two trades same league, same owner getting both backs already had Trich/Ridley. WRs left are Cruz/Jordy/Stevie & Djax

Trade 1

Team A got:

McFadden

Housler

Team B got:

Hernandez

Wells
Hernandez and McFadden are pretty similar value, and I like Wells chances of being a top 25 RB a lot more than Housler being a top-8 TE.
Trade 2

Team A got:

Lynch

Turbin

Team B got:

Crabtree

Hilton
Pretty good/even trade here in my eyes.

16 Team IDP PPR Dynasty League(PFF IDP scoring system)

Team A Receives:

Dwayne Bowe

Team B Receives:

Toby Gerhart

Brandon Browner

Team A got a heck of a deal.

12 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; QB = 4 pt/TD, 1/25; bonus for 100/100/300 - 2 more trades

Team A receives Desean Jacskon

Team B receives 1.12

Team C receives Rivers/Green-Ellis/2013 4th/2014 2nd

Team D receives Ponder/Jon Stewart

12 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; QB = 4 pt/TD, 1/25; bonus for 100/100/300 - 2 more tradesTeam A receives Desean JacskonTeam B receives 1.12Team C receives Rivers/Green-Ellis/2013 4th/2014 2ndTeam D receives Ponder/Jon Stewart
I would take Djax personally in the first deal, and Stewart in the 2nd deal as he is talented and should get a shot to be the man next year.

I unloaded Fitz for Roddy. I was just done with the uncertainty - I could turn out really regretting it but Roddy is a win now, and not a bad consolation prize if I lost.

12 team/25 players start 1/2/3/1 - regular flex - PPR; QB = 4 pt/TD, 1/25; bonus for 100/100/300 - 2 more tradesTeam A receives Desean JacskonTeam B receives 1.12Team C receives Rivers/Green-Ellis/2013 4th/2014 2ndTeam D receives Ponder/Jon Stewart
I would take Djax personally in the first deal, and Stewart in the 2nd deal as he is talented and should get a shot to be the man next year.
I wasn't involved in either and I agree with your opinions but I try my best not to "rate" trades since so many things can happen. I just list them so others can see what players are being moved (even if the value is disputed).

Zealots league.

At QB, I had Newton, Foles, Luck, Big Ben, Cousins and Russell Wilson.

I traded Big Ben for a 2014 1st round rookie pick.

This year, the other party finished 10th in the league, so I'm hopeful the 2014 pick will be top 5, at worst. Also, he doesn't have his 2013 1st round rookie pick.

12 team PPR

A gets: Gordon

B gets: 1.09/Rod Streater/2014 2nd

A gets: RG3/E Sanders

B gets: Torrey/Maclin/Locker

High Tops & Crew Cuts gave up

Johnson, Stevie BUF WR;

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from High Tops & Crew Cuts

Springfield Atoms gave up

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Springfield Atoms

High tops is one of the better teams in the league. Springfield is one of the weaker teams

High Tops & Crew Cuts gave up Johnson, Stevie BUF WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from High Tops & Crew CutsSpringfield Atoms gave up Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Springfield AtomsHigh tops is one of the better teams in the league. Springfield is one of the weaker teams
Yuck!!!! Springfield got a STEAL IMO.... Fitzgerald is DONE!!!! There will be a new QB there!

High Tops & Crew Cuts gave up Johnson, Stevie BUF WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from High Tops & Crew CutsSpringfield Atoms gave up Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Springfield AtomsHigh tops is one of the better teams in the league. Springfield is one of the weaker teams
Yuck!!!! Springfield got a STEAL IMO.... Fitzgerald is DONE!!!! There will be a new QB there!
Not if that Springfield 2014 pick becomes Marquis Lee or Sammy Watkins ;) Will Seastrunk be available in the 2014 draft? He's a reshirt Soph this year I believe. I wouldn't have made that trade unless I thought his pick had a good chance to be top 3. Now in this league we do have a lottery, but the worst team can do no worse than #3 and the next worst team can do no worse than #4 pick in the draft and his team is pretty bad IMO. What you see from Stevie Johnson is about as good as he can be. He's not someone that will get you 100 yds and a td consistently each week. He's a good bye week starter for my team at best. Sometimes you have to give a little in order to have a chance at a big take in the future in dynasty leagues.

14 team ppr dynasty with developmental college players:

Gave: QB Cam Newton

Got: 1.05, 1.08 dev picks (all college players eligible)

Not a great bounty for Cam, but I already have Luck and QB trade value doesn't match RB or WR in this league because almost everyone has a serviceable starter.

Not if that Springfield 2014 pick becomes Marquis Lee or Sammy Watkins ;) Will Seastrunk be available in the 2014 draft? He's a reshirt Soph this year I believe. I wouldn't have made that trade unless I thought his pick had a good chance to be top 3. Now in this league we do have a lottery, but the worst team can do no worse than #3 and the next worst team can do no worse than #4 pick in the draft and his team is pretty bad IMO. What you see from Stevie Johnson is about as good as he can be. He's not someone that will get you 100 yds and a td consistently each week. He's a good bye week starter for my team at best. Sometimes you have to give a little in order to have a chance at a big take in the future in dynasty leagues.
In a PPR league Stevie consistently gets alot of receptions 75-80 the last 3 seasons with over a 1000yds each of those years and 7+ tds. All of that done with a crappy QB in Fitz.. Give him a good qb and his numbers can only go up. All that aside, i love dynasty and will take proven players over rookies any day of the week. Rookie drafts are all Boom/bust. I think anyone that has been in dynasty for multiple years will agree more rookies turn out to be turds from those drafts than turn out to be super stars.

In a PPR league Stevie consistently gets alot of receptions 75-80 the last 3 seasons with over a 1000yds each of those years and 7+ tds. All of that done with a crappy QB in Fitz.. Give him a good qb and his numbers can only go up. All that aside, i love dynasty and will take proven players over rookies any day of the week. Rookie drafts are all Boom/bust. I think anyone that has been in dynasty for multiple years will agree more rookies turn out to be turds from those drafts than turn out to be super stars.
I also have been playing dynasty for years and know that those who depend on veterans and ignore rookie drafts usually end up dropping out of the league when their team is old and they have nothing to fill the cubbard with. They also wait until they know a player is good before trying to obtain them, thus they fail to do so, or it cost too much. You cannot win in the same dynasty league consistently and ignore the draft. You won't find too many good dynasty owners that wouldn't give up Stevie Johnson and a late first round pick for a top 3 pick in the 2014 draft.

I agree with you that sometimes you need to gamble in dynasty leagues. Disagree that we've seen Stevie Johnson's ceiling though. What we've seen is his ceiling with Fitzgerald at QB. We'll see what they do at QB and for a HC. Stevie could easily get better or worse depending upon what happens at both of those spots. I think Crabtree is a great comparison to this situation. After two years with Singletary and Alex Smith, it seemed like he was destined for mediocrity at best. Then Harbaugh walks in the door, and he becomes a viable WR3. Add in Kaepernick, and suddenly he's a lot better. Stevie has been much better than Crabtree was before, but I'm just trying to point out how much the surrounding HC and QB can have an impact on a WR. We'll see where that takes Stevie.

I also have been playing dynasty for years and know that those who depend on veterans and ignore rookie drafts usually end up dropping out of the league when their team is old and they have nothing to fill the cubbard with. They also wait until they know a player is good before trying to obtain them, thus they fail to do so, or it cost too much. You cannot win in the same dynasty league consistently and ignore the draft. You won't find too many good dynasty owners that wouldn't give up Stevie Johnson and a late first round pick for a top 3 pick in the 2014 draft.
Dont get me wrong i 1000% agree with you that you have to get younger! and adapt or your team gets old and you fail... but Stevie johnsons ceiling hasnt been reach and i wouldnt go back on him for a "potential" top 3 pick. You dont know that the pick will be top 3 and you dont know that the player you get there will be worth anything. Example is ingram... hands down number one when he came out and is he worth that now... his stock is rising but it isnt what it was pre draft. You cant give up proven players for potential in my eyes. Not proven players like stevie who is still fairly young. if you were giving up an older proven guy here id fully support the trade.

Stevie gets a million targets though. Way more than he deserves. He finished 9th in targets and 18th in receiving yards, which is a pretty big gap.

Users who are viewing this thread