What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (26 Viewers)

CYDY running again this morning. Up about 4% so far this morning.

Leronlimab Under Evaluation for Potential Treatment of Coronavirus

VANCOUVER, Washington, Jan. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. ( CYDY “CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, today announced that it is exploring leronlimab as a potential treatment for patients infected with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), a rapidly spreading virus and potential worldwide emergency.

“Leronlimab has both the potential to enhance the cellular immune response by suppressing Treg cells that, in turn, inhibit the anti-viral T-cell responses and the potential to repolarize macrophage activity,” said Bruce Patterson, M.D., chief executive officer and founder of IncellDx, a diagnostic partner and an advisor to CytoDyn ( CYDY ). “Lung (alveolar) macrophages in coronavirus infections have been implicated as a contributing factor to significant morbidity and mortality of the infectious disease. Leronlimab could potentially synergize with other retroviral therapies that currently being used for the potential treatment of 2019-nCoV.”
What will this drug cure next?  

CYDY running again this morning. Up about 4% so far this morning.

Leronlimab Under Evaluation for Potential Treatment of Coronavirus

VANCOUVER, Washington, Jan. 28, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. ( CYDY “CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, today announced that it is exploring leronlimab as a potential treatment for patients infected with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), a rapidly spreading virus and potential worldwide emergency.

“Leronlimab has both the potential to enhance the cellular immune response by suppressing Treg cells that, in turn, inhibit the anti-viral T-cell responses and the potential to repolarize macrophage activity,” said Bruce Patterson, M.D., chief executive officer and founder of IncellDx, a diagnostic partner and an advisor to CytoDyn ( CYDY ). “Lung (alveolar) macrophages in coronavirus infections have been implicated as a contributing factor to significant morbidity and mortality of the infectious disease. Leronlimab could potentially synergize with other retroviral therapies that currently being used for the potential treatment of 2019-nCoV.”
I am very good friends with Chet.  His account is presently suspended but he tells me that this is a very good opportunity for CYDY.

My CYDY trade on Vanguard I thought was going to go through (maybe since over $1 now?) then when I submitted it kicked back and said I had to call for safety reasons.......did I miss the party or still time to get in?

When looking at the historical charts I was surprised how long it's been around and besides the spike to a few dollars for awhile it's mostly hovered in the dollar or a little less range. 

My CYDY trade on Vanguard I thought was going to go through (maybe since over $1 now?) then when I submitted it kicked back and said I had to call for safety reasons.......did I miss the party or still time to get in?

When looking at the historical charts I was surprised how long it's been around and besides the spike to a few dollars for awhile it's mostly hovered in the dollar or a little less range. 
I can still buy shares, I use Fidelity. 

I tried to add to my position of CYDY (held in a Roth account with TD) by buying more on Vanguard last week. Also told to call to effect the sale which I know triggers a big commission fee. I was only going to add 1000 shares so I let it drop. I may add more in the Roth on a dip but it’s been pretty parabolic. 

anyone buying virus vaccine stocks?

Sold a bunch of NVAX Feb $7 puts .... ... but this one is all over the place. One would think these would expire but it's touch and go here.

....and March $5 puts ... which seems like more free money to me. We'll see.

Agree...

Just looked this morning, 1.30, wow!
CYDY has more than quadrupled in six weeks. I'm thinking about selling 1000 shares to lock in profits, especially near the $1.50 mark. This thing cannot keep going parabolic, can it? I figure that if I am mulling over selling some of my position, others must be, too, so there could be some downward pressure, maybe if it gets near a key mark, like $2 per share?

CYDY has more than quadrupled in six weeks. I'm thinking about selling 1000 shares to lock in profits, especially near the $1.50 mark. This thing cannot keep going parabolic, can it? I figure that if I am mulling over selling some of my position, others must be, too, so there could be some downward pressure, maybe if it gets near a key mark, like $2 per share?
1.52 right now.  Crazy.  How high can it go?

Saw an article that one of the drugs is being considered as treatment for the coronavirus.  

1.52 right now.  Crazy.  How high can it go?

Saw an article that one of the drugs is being considered as treatment for the coronavirus.  
Having all these thoughts too.  What I know about stock (pharma stocks at that) I’ve literally learned here so it’s obviously not much.  But considering what’s happening with the company, the stock right now and the potential of the drug why can’t this stock go to where say it’s main competitor in the market (IMMU $18 range) is?  Really asking the question here as I don’t know.  I guess it’s the game, to time the sell right, but I really don’t want to sell a chuck of my position ( even at 3x profits) yet look back and realize that was the bad decision I made in all of this.....

Having all these thoughts too.  What I know about stock (pharma stocks at that) I’ve literally learned here so it’s obviously not much.  But considering what’s happening with the company, the stock right now and the potential of the drug why can’t this stock go to where say it’s main competitor in the market (IMMU $18 range) is?  Really asking the question here as I don’t know.  I guess it’s the game, to time the sell right, but I really don’t want to sell a chuck of my position ( even at 3x profits) yet look back and realize that was the bad decision I made in all of this.....
Hey, I watched Amarin when it was in the $3 range for a long time, even sold some puts (that never hit, unfortunately, so I never owned any shares) and it went to $20 almost overnight on positive news. That would be like CYDY going from 30 cents to about $2.10 (a seven-fold pop) so it's getting within shouting distance of that.

I already sold half so it's all profit for me right now (up $7500, thanks to chet!) but I have very little FOMO, personally. Selling 1000 shares and banking two grand in profit feels pretty good, so I'll hold hoping it approaches $2. I've seen enough biotech's lose half their value or more overnight so a little bit of caution is warranted, I think.

Hey, I watched Amarin when it was in the $3 range for a long time, even sold some puts (that never hit, unfortunately, so I never owned any shares) and it went to $20 almost overnight on positive news. That would be like CYDY going from 30 cents to about $2.10 (a seven-fold pop) so it's getting within shouting distance of that.

I already sold half so it's all profit for me right now (up $7500, thanks to chet!) but I have very little FOMO, personally. Selling 1000 shares and banking two grand in profit feels pretty good, so I'll hold hoping it approaches $2. I've seen enough biotech's lose half their value or more overnight so a little bit of caution is warranted, I think.
I sold 2k shares, sitting on 3k shares with a cost basis of basically zero. I'll ride this until Chet gives us the sell signal. If he tells us he is buying more, I'll buy more... Hopefully before he does and moves the price.

Good advice, thanks.  

As of this moment my FOMO is stronger then my desire to sell some.  The money I have tied up in it doesn’t move the needle either way for me (I started investing only with money I was prepared to lose) right now.  The pull to sell off some will only get stronger if it continues upward and I will likely succumb at some point but for now I think I’m staying pot committed.   

I’ve got 5000 shares across two accounts and I’m just letting it ride. I should have got in earlier, but I’m up 40% or so right now and it’s more of a moonshot stock for me. If it hits say $5+ then it pays for something nice.

I'm waiting for Chet, or a friend of Chet to weigh in.  From what I'm seeing, I'm holding until this hits $20/share.   

CFO had an estimate of $10 iirc, but I believe that assumed they get their approvals, everything proceeds as anticipated, and they hit the volume distribution they forecast.

But I believe that was also based JUST on the HIV use case. If they get approval for other uses, that obviously opens more upside. This is all happening with basically no revenue stream to this point. Just speculation. So there are obviously downsides as well.

Also still OTC. Assuming they list at some point, that also becomes potential catalyst.  A lot less room to drop than to rise, so I won't be selling anything for a while. But that's obviously a personal comfort/risk tolerance decision. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm waiting for Chet, or a friend of Chet to weigh in.  From what I'm seeing, I'm holding until this hits $20/share.   $2,000/share
FYP

CFO had an estimate of $10 iirc, but I believe that assumed they get their approvals, everything proceeds as anticipated, and they hit the volume distribution they forecast.

But I believe that was also based JUST on the HIV use case. If they get approval for other uses, that obviously opens more upside. This is all happening with basically no revenue stream to this point. Just speculation. So there are obviously downsides as well.

Also still OTC. Assuming they list at some point, that also becomes potential catalyst.  A lot less room to drop than to rise, so I won't be selling anything for a while. But that's obviously a personal comfort/risk tolerance decision. 
Wait, are you saying a penny stock with no revenue presents risk? 

@chet I checked the short interest on CYDY and note that it spiked from 118,706 shares short on Dec. 13, 2019 to 2.7 Million shares short on Dec. 31 and now to 3.6MM as of Jan 15.  Is this just opportunistic short selling or is the a good short case to be made on this one?

@chet I checked the short interest on CYDY and note that it spiked from 118,706 shares short on Dec. 13, 2019 to 2.7 Million shares short on Dec. 31 and now to 3.6MM as of Jan 15.  Is this just opportunistic short selling or is the a good short case to be made on this one?
I am a friend of Chet's.  He will be back next week but he thinks the shorts will get murdered on this one.  HTH

I am a friend of Chet's.  He will be back next week but he thinks the shorts will get murdered on this one.  HTH
What does a friend of Chet's optimistic view look like for Cytodyn? Producing drugs, acquired, etc.?

ETA: I own almost $5k of this stuff and just had to Google the name of the company :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread