What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

With more states shutting down schools for the year, I'd expect fear to grow a bit. 

Sure enough, markets are sliding just a little so far, might just be people taking gains from the last 3 days.

We hit resistance on the downward channel. 

ACB is going big. I dont have the balls to buy more. 

My brother is big on something called CODI. Pays a dividend and he says it's free money when it gets down to this level but it's a longterm hold he said.

I'll have to look into these as I have a little more cash to throw in the ring. 

What's ACB a penny stock?
ACB is one of the big Canadian cannabis companies.  I made some decent money on this and CGC when they were OTC.  I've been watching it too but just can't get myself to play it again.  Feel sort of burnt out from pot stocks.   

We hit resistance on the downward channel. 

ACB is going big. I dont have the balls to buy more. 

My brother is big on something called CODI. Pays a dividend and he says it's free money when it gets down to this level but it's a longterm hold he said.
Can you give a quick summation on ACB?  I see it's down massively from it's 1 year high and was on a downward trend even before the corona hysteria.  This company checks a few boxes for me - intrigued to jump in.

Can you give a quick summation on ACB?  I see it's down massively from it's 1 year high and was on a downward trend even before the corona hysteria.  This company checks a few boxes for me - intrigued to jump in.
Risky as it loses $. It's a lotto ticket but I noticed it has a ton of outstanding shares after I took a flyer on it at like 2. I would think it survives. Don't have much else. Someone was shorting it big months ago.

The float on that stock is 1.15 BILLION shares....unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna buy MGM again but not just yet. 

Anyone considering Crowd Strike (CRWD) if it gets back down below 40 or Slack Technologies, Inc. (WORK) under 20? Both went up big on the recent runup.

I'm also watching Square (SQ) and ROKU.

AMZN is not going to make you big money over the next few weeks, possibly months. For them it's business as usual. To me, that would be dead money right now.
I hear ya. I'm looking at long holds. Like keep for 20 year cash out retirement type holds. I think AMZN would hold value like almost all stocks right now. Just think there is very little risk 20 years from now with AMZN at this price. 

Wooderson said:
I hear ya. I'm looking at long holds. Like keep for 20 year cash out retirement type holds. I think AMZN would hold value like almost all stocks right now. Just think there is very little risk 20 years from now with AMZN at this price
It would seem that way. Same with MSFT. Their cloud business is going to expand. I'm planning on moving all our servers to their Azure cloud computing service and let them take care of it for me.

lod001 said:

Anyone considering Crowd Strike (CRWD) if it gets back down below 40 or Slack Technologies, Inc. (WORK) under 20? Both went up big on the recent runup.

What entry price are you looking for for MGM?

And would ROKU be a short or long term play?

lod001 said:

I would on both of the former. I wish I pushed my last cash all in on Wednesday/Monday. Been watching those 2 and ROKU. I purchased ROKU around 90 and again low 60s. I unfortunately made a few purchases a little before the bottom mainly on a 3-5 year timeframe, but at least got some more purchases in last week to make the final results better. If I can get the rest of my cash in at Wednesday/Monday levels then I’ll be happy to sit back for a few years.

-OZ- said:
With more states shutting down schools for the year, I'd expect fear to grow a bit. 

Sure enough, markets are sliding just a little so far, might just be people taking gains from the last 3 days.
Hedge funds put on a ton of shorts yesterday. Again this is a big game going on within a bear market. Hedge funds and day traders and massive wealthy traders prey on fear and volatility. This is very typical market moves in a bear market/oncoming recession. I expect more blood shed next week and a re-test as I have been saying. We will go all in at that time with the little bit of cash we have left. Go long......and prosper. This is temporary. 

lod001 said:
The big question: Is this a Dead Cat Bounce and is it over with?
Short term.....most likely. I think a trading range is now forming for the next few months until we start getting back to some normality and we start the climb out of the oncoming recession we are going to be in. I do not think it will as apocalyptic as others want to make it. 12-18 months from now.....we will be basking in a new Bull market. 

lod001 said:
AMZN is not going to make you big money over the next few weeks, possibly months. For them it's business as usual. To me, that would be dead money right now.
It is good to have some stability in your portfolio to mitigate volatility and AMZN has proven to be one of those rocks in this unique recession we are entering. Business as usual? I will overweight that stock. In fact is was always an overweight.....but adding more on dips.....prudent for the long term. The company is a juggernaut. 

On the BRZU - I've been watching this stock for about six months. The normal trading channel has been between 20 and 40. Under 2 bucks just seems way way way too low. I believe it is way oversold. If I had gonads the size of Manhattan, I would put $200,000 into it and hold for 10 dollars and then retire for ever. But my testicular fortitude is just not that strong. I'm going to try to jump in and out of this thing on bad days where there is overselling and over panic and try to build wealth that way in small chunks. I'm up 5% so far - just 5 more to go. Fingers crossed....

Wooderson said:
I hear ya. I'm looking at long holds. Like keep for 20 year cash out retirement type holds. I think AMZN would hold value like almost all stocks right now. Just think there is very little risk 20 years from now with AMZN at this price. 
AMZN got whacked but it ran back up. At this point they’re only down 10% from the high so they’ve weathered the downturn we’ll. They aren’t ZM or TDOC jumping higher because Amazon is so much larger even though you know they are actually seeing revenue jumps due to stay at home.

Long term, I think they are a great hold but don’t expect much movement up or down during this pandemic. You are looking long term and that’s not a bad thing. I have a lot of Amazon, including some yet to vest. 

On the BRZU - I've been watching this stock for about six months. The normal trading channel has been between 20 and 40. Under 2 bucks just seems way way way too low. I believe it is way oversold. If I had gonads the size of Manhattan, I would put $200,000 into it and hold for 10 dollars and then retire for ever. But my testicular fortitude is just not that strong. I'm going to try to jump in and out of this thing on bad days where there is overselling and over panic and try to build wealth that way in small chunks. I'm up 5% so far - just 5 more to go. Fingers crossed....
Isn't CV just coming into season in Brazil? Its this low and not even infected yet? I'm intrigued, but will wait and see. How much of that fund is oil based? 

Market weirdly stable. Hardly any movement after hours, then down about 4% befoe open and staying there the first hour with little fluctuation.

I see a large selloff toward close, heading into the weekend.

But the bailout not yet passed and could provide an intraday bump when it does, but I think its already baked in current prices and won't sustain.

AMZN would still be a value buy for long term hold. Just like a lot of stocks right now. I'm looking long term and think I should add AMZN at a time like this. 

I don't do much individual stock trades anymore. As years ago I figured it's better to just max out my retirement every year and let that do the work for me. I have re thought that now and have decided to pick out a handful of blue chip stocks throw money at them when the opportunity arises in the next 20 years. This is one of those times. 

I feel the novice trader thinks they can beet the market, time the market, outsmart the market.  That's just not true IMO get in early and stay in long. "giggty" 

AMZN would still be a value buy for long term hold. Just like a lot of stocks right now. I'm looking long term and think I should add AMZN at a time like this. 

I don't do much individual stock trades anymore. As years ago I figured it's better to just max out my retirement every year and let that do the work for me. I have re thought that now and have decided to pick out a handful of blue chip stocks throw money at them when the opportunity arises in the next 20 years. This is one of those times. 

I feel the novice trader thinks they can beet the market, time the market, outsmart the market.  That's just not true IMO get in early and stay in long. "giggty" 
I think most any stock you buy right now is less stable than AMZN is my point. That's why there is no real discount. 

The key for me right is picking stocks with a good discount and future growth and stability assured. Those are pretty rare. I think there will be more to choose from in the next couple weeks at lower prices,

What entry price are you looking for for MGM?

And would ROKU be a short or long term play?
Really not sure on MGM. MGM is a buy right now but I am gonna watch the market today. Fridays have been crazy.

ROKU is probably long term.

Helen Meisler - NAZ volume yesterday was lightest since march 5th.

Mancini - Bears stepped in overnight in $SPX from the sell-zone I posted for ~100 points so far but very long day ahead & the past 4 Friday's all had extremely dramatic moves into the close. 2490 in #ES_F is key today (rising 1hr TL from last Friday).Bears need below to see more downside. i think we probably have another leg up here 2670ish

RevShark - This just a very large countertrend bounce. Look for a sizable pullback and then some very choppy and sloppy action.

That’s the way it should be. The nerve of them to skate around us taxes and then ask for a bailout. Beyond belief. 
yeah i didn't quite understand the thinking behind that one. its kind of like when youre a kid in school with a pack of gum, all the kids come running up for a piece and then the one or two kids you cant stand ask 🤔

Any thoughts on Halliburton at its current price?
My dad wants to buy that. He's 94 now and he's 'gambling'. His own words. Said it like he was Frank Costanza. Had to have my brother go over there and monitor his trades.

Man, that has taken a beatdown. adding to watch list cause it is down HUGE.

Users who are viewing this thread