Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, rascal said:

I'm debating pulling my 401(k) into safer investments as another correction seems likely from what I've read.

I'm starting to take some profits and stash cash. Outside of my 401k that is in index funds, my individual stock money is 95% invested now, much of it in CYDY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chet said:

That's the whole point--there was no borrow for the vast majority.  Illegal and stock manipulation IMO.

So it seems like the pump to $10 was on the backs of shorts building position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Random said:

 +17% is calm :oldunsure:

Well, if you put it like that... 😆

I meant the development after the initial push. Comparably low volatility since then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see the "todem list" of long holds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on the phone with IB right now. With Chet at equilibrium, I'm looking to add.

It's a little scary, within 12 months I think I'm going to get a good buying opp in Brooklyn Heights for like a nice 2br condo and my family is going to be headquartered in West Palm in another house. Going to put myself at 7500 today and leave room on a fall for 2500 more. I will need capital, so I can't have more than 10k shares facing a risk of $0.

They need the uplisting now to avoid yesterday's shenanigans!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was 6.6 when I got on the phone with them. Let's see how much these ########s cost me. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't tell who's shticking here and who's not at this point.  What the hell, I'll let it ride, it's all house money at this point anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Otis said:

I can't tell who's shticking here and who's not at this point.  What the hell, I'll let it ride, it's all house money at this point anyway.

Have you read the last 10-15 pages? This has been addressed. You are good to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Otis said:

No - these have been out for the last 23 hours.  
 

Citron releases a hit article on CYDY and lawyers want to sue CYDY management on the Backs of it?  
 

It’s a smear campaign becuase they know it will get listed in the stock news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

So it seems like the pump to $10 was on the backs of shorts building position?

I have no issue with shorts that obey the rules and tell the truth.  Pump implies illegal behavior presumably through spreading misinformation--I see no evidence of that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, rascal said:

I'd like to see the "todem list" of long holds.

This is ripped from one of Todem’s updates:
 

The last true dip we had was back on the 11th-14th of May and was the last time I deployed cash into stocks. I bought a lot of great companies that day mid morning before the rally started that we are in right now.

We bought:

BA

DFS

DE

JPM

EXC

PPL

WRE

XOM

KO

T

VZ

TAP

PG

Edited by The Tahitian Facemask
FYI...from late May update.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Otis said:

I can't tell who's shticking here and who's not at this point.  What the hell, I'll let it ride, it's all house money at this point anyway.

I have 5400 shares too, I think you said you had 5. We're in like 10th place, come climb the leaderboard a little, pick up another 2500 with me. It's like $17k, let's go!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, rascal said:

I'd like to see the "todem list" of long holds.

Quote

For everyone. This is my master buy list for next week and no surprises here except a few I have not listed yet. I wanted to research them a lot harder.

AMZN

AAPL

GOOGL

NFLX

FB

INTC

HD

CSCO

EXC

LMT

MSFT

PFE

PG

TGT

CAT

PM

MCD

YUM

DOW

BRK'B

DEO

GIS

JPM

PFE

UTX

EMR

VZ

T

GCV

PEO

ADX

Here are some high fliers we will take positions in:

NXPI

CYBR

Here is the stressed travel, leisure and gambling casino/paramutual stocks we are going in on:

GLPI - Already have a 50% position going all in next Re-Test 

WYNN

DAL

CCL

CHDN

FUN

Don't remember the date of this post.  Possibly Mid-April, that is when I saved this in Excel.  

Edited by beef
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rascal said:

I'm debating pulling my 401(k) into safer investments as another correction seems likely from what I've read.

In general I don’t believe in market timing but am willing to trust my gut on a small portion of our assets. Every study I’ve ever read shows that trying to time the market doesn’t work consistently. Timing both the sale and purchase is extremely tough to do and missing just one or two days can completely wipe out your profits. I have considered it though lol. Instead, I just reallocated to be heavier on the S&P which is very heavy on tech stocks which fared better than most through all of this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interactive Brokers customer service is a ####### disgrace. Imagine it was a situation with an error and you had to get out of something ASAP. I'm on hold for 34 ####### minutes already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Otis said:

That’s par for the course. Stock ambulance chasers come around anytime they see fraud. Never saw one actually come of anything. 
 

We should call them and tell them we want to sue Sykes. Turn it back on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

It was 6.6 when I got on the phone with them. Let's see how much these ########s cost me. 

You got till 12:30 before volatility

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

SE has bounced back strong since last week.  Wish I'd grabbed more last week when it was down.

Someone mentioned being hesitant to buy as they read on Seeking Alpha that the books might be cooked. I'm wondering if there was any real proof, or if it was just an assumption, because of where they're headquartered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Otis said:

Dude, aren’t you a lawyer? Those guys are ambulance chasers that post this on every stock that drops. Every one. Remember when ZM got hit with security issues when it was at 150 and dropped to 120ish? Same thing happened there and it’s at 250 now.

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chet said:

That's the whole point--there was no borrow for the vast majority.  Illegal and stock manipulation IMO.

Right, so how did they pull it off?  The brokerage houses that permitted this can get in trouble.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Someone mentioned being hesitant to buy as they read on Seeking Alpha that the books might be cooked. I'm wondering if there was any real proof, or if it was just an assumption, because of where they're headquartered. 

That’s the main thing that’s held me back. Too much risk imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CR69 said:

In general I don’t believe in market timing but am willing to trust my gut on a small portion of our assets. Every study I’ve ever read shows that trying to time the market doesn’t work consistently. Timing both the sale and purchase is extremely tough to do and missing just one or two days can completely wipe out your profits. I have considered it though lol. Instead, I just reallocated to be heavier on the S&P which is very heavy on tech stocks which fared better than most through all of this. 

I believe every time i've tried to time the market, I've been wrong.  Easily 0/5, and I'm usually a fast learner.  For years I sat on my poor experience of not trying to time the market because I suck at it, and yet I tried again.  And failed.

Each time I fail, I miss out on a significant gain as you not only have to time the sale, but you have to time the buyback.

At this point, I've learned my lesson.  I'll buy the dips on stocks I care about, but not try to time it otherwise as I'm a buy and hold guy, not much of a day trader at all.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm on the phone with IB right now. With Chet at equilibrium, I'm looking to add.

It's a little scary, within 12 months I think I'm going to get a good buying opp in Brooklyn Heights for like a nice 2br condo and my family is going to be headquartered in West Palm in another house. Going to put myself at 7500 today and leave room on a fall for 2500 more. I will need capital, so I can't have more than 10k shares facing a risk of $0.

They need the uplisting now to avoid yesterday's shenanigans!

So much for buying at $3-$4, eh? I bought back in today to have my original position back. It's been a wild ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

So much for buying at $3-$4, eh? I bought back in today to have my original position back. It's been a wild ride.

Leaving myself room for a selloff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Right, so how did they pull it off?  The brokerage houses that permitted this can get in trouble.  

Don't know other than I highly doubt the SEC will look into the manipulation of an OTC stock.  They've got much bigger fish to fry. I believe yesterday's action by the shorts was highly organized and unbelievably effective.  Scary for longs and all the more reason to uplist to a real exchange ASAP.  

I have no proof but I think it's possible that the OTC exchange knows exactly what's going on with the shorts and simply turns a blind eye.  They do provide significant volume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

Bought some more ahead of this. What could go wrong. 

I was in the group who got all my stops triggered yesterday. Was in since December. Swore I was done with it and enjoyed my own little "Boiler Room" episode.

...Bought back in this morning :lol:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, chet said:

Don't know other than I highly doubt the SEC will look into the manipulation of an OTC stock.  They've got much bigger fish to fry. I believe yesterday's action by the shorts was highly organized and unbelievably effective.  Scary for longs and all the more reason to uplist to a real exchange ASAP.  

I have no proof but I think it's possible that the OTC exchange knows exactly what's going on with the shorts and simply turns a blind eye.  They do provide significant volume.

Well we know Andrew Left made some money, that's guaranteed. His article was timed for it. Knowing his work, it was pretty sloppy, so I believe :tinfoilhat:he was basically paid by someone to post that. Following the trail of money leads to the scumbag... 

 

Edited by fantasycurse42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People starting to front run the “sell the news” event - even if the sell the news event is just a reassurance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta be honest, though;

my gut says this was a quick hit and run, they killed it, and made a lot of money. They know data is coming soon, and the risk far outweighs the reward, I suspect they could be gone. Although, they shattered confidence in their plundering, ####### scumbags.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The General said:

I was in the group who got all my stops triggered yesterday. Was in since December. Swore I was done with it and enjoyed my own little "Boiler Room" episode.

...Bought back in this morning :lol:

Same. I was in and out on the way up so my cost basis on these shares after wash are now at essentially the ATH. Good times. 
 

Let’s just hope it’s released promptly. It does just say after 9:30AM PT. Not at 9:30AM PT. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How awsome would it be if they lead at 12:30 est with a presser that said “the results are in and they look gosh darn fantastic”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I have 5400 shares too, I think you said you had 5. We're in like 10th place, come climb the leaderboard a little, pick up another 2500 with me. It's like $17k, let's go!

 

I had 20k at one point.  :hot:

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Gotta be honest, though;

my gut says this was a quick hit and run, they killed it, and made a lot of money. They know data is coming soon, and the risk far outweighs the reward, I suspect they could be gone. Although, they shattered confidence in their plundering, ####### scumbags.

The shattered confidence may have been a favor though.  Sometimes the elation of the gains, and the feeling that it can't go down, is a huge risk.  If the drug is solid, the earnings will come, but perhaps some of the air let out of the balloon is a good thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

So is TVIX going to be delisted?  If it did what would happen to sharss if you own them?

Yes going to be de-listed.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe shares go to 0 if you have any on the de-listing.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Someone mentioned being hesitant to buy as they read on Seeking Alpha that the books might be cooked. I'm wondering if there was any real proof, or if it was just an assumption, because of where they're headquartered. 

Sea Limited: Skeletons in the closet

It's behind a paywall so I couldn't read it, but enough to get me to dump SE and chase CYDY gains instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When are we getting the mild/moderate data? That's what we really need. That's basically the entire population, we need that data. 

Test positive for Covid, 2 week regimen of Leronlimab.

Edited by fantasycurse42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Yes going to be de-listed.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe shares go to 0 if you have any on the de-listing.

Soooooo, who keeps everyone's money then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twiddles thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Charlie Harper said:

Sea Limited: Skeletons in the closet

It's behind a paywall so I couldn't read it, but enough to get me to dump SE and chase CYDY gains instead.

Guess I need to use today's 8% growth to liquidate my SE position.  14% up overall since purchase.  Makes up for my AXP debacle.

Edited by rascal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the link above the one to his comments today?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, adonis said:

I believe every time i've tried to time the market, I've been wrong.  Easily 0/5, and I'm usually a fast learner.  For years I sat on my poor experience of not trying to time the market because I suck at it, and yet I tried again.  And failed.

Each time I fail, I miss out on a significant gain as you not only have to time the sale, but you have to time the buyback.

At this point, I've learned my lesson.  I'll buy the dips on stocks I care about, but not try to time it otherwise as I'm a buy and hold guy, not much of a day trader at all.

This guy gets it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Same. I was in and out on the way up so my cost basis on these shares after wash are now at essentially the ATH. Good times. 
 

Let’s just hope it’s released promptly. It does just say after 9:30AM PT. Not at 9:30AM PT. 

I just felt naked without them. Back in at a much smaller stake now so way less skin in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.