What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (25 Viewers)

I heard rumors ByteDance TikTok parent company could.  That could be pretty big when/if it happens.
Jennifer Hansler @jmhansler

@SecPompeo says the US is "certainly looking at" banning Chinese social media apps, including TikTok. "I don’t want to get out in front of the President, but it’s something we’re looking at,” he says

10:05 PM · Jul 6, 2020

https://twitter.com/jmhansler/status/1280337007248629760?s=20

That would certainly put a damper on the IPO.  :mellow:

Here is a nice summary from Yahoo message board of Dr Been's interview of Nader:

I. CEO said that 3 papers are being printed about anecdotal (pre-trial)
(A) Dr. Harish Seethamraju - 11 patients
( Dr. Otto Yang - 29 patients
(C) Dr. Nicholas Agresti - 4 patients (agresti)

II. Shorting (Andrew Left, Citron)
- FINRA/SEC probably will be looking into it
- 51 million shares trading

III. Story of how it got started at COVID
- CYDY heard that CCR-5 was related to COVID, so asked for Phase II from FDA. But FDA said no because no data from lab or animals on COVID.
- But then Dr. Seethamraju applied

IV. Un-blinding
- 86 patients in mild/moderate June 17 - patient enrolled. July 1 done (14 days).
- Cannot unblind immediately. Need every hospital to sign that their data is correct, etc.
- We will have results in July, don't know how quickly. Hesitant to say projection

V. Uplisting
NASDAQ
- have price to qualify
- have potential to raise money for NASDAQ
- does not want to raise money and dilute
- double digits is not enough
- every banker told me i'm stupid
- We're going to uplist on NASDAQ but try to avoid raising money
- Should have something to talk about within a few weeks

VI. Mike Mulholland up his sleeve
- shortcut to uplisting (of allowing to join NASDAQ without funding requirement)
- waiting to hear back if they will allow

VII. Talking with Big Pharma
- Every license/buyout discussion requires CDA (confidentiality agreement)
- We have been talking to Big Pharma & Big Media
- Will hear when results come out
- Will be multiple opportunities

VIII. Trials
- Capacity: 1.2 million vials this year and 10 million vials next year
- But if we have what we think we have, and we get approval, we'll have all the help we need from the government and other funding situations that are not dilutive.

VIII. Foreign Countries
- Our CRO (?) Amorex is very efficient
- United Kingdom: Took a while for them to get clearance, but trial should start soon.
- Mexico: we are very responsive--took 2 weeks for country to get memorandum of understanding. CYDY got back to them within a couple of days
- Brazil: also starting at some point soon, but they are dragging a bit.

IX. Q. Why is it taking so long for Leronlimab to get traction (vs. Remdesevir)
- Only Dr. Seethamraju requested it for EIND.
- Also, CCR-5 is a relatively new focus of study
- Initially, FDA didn't think it was promising
- But Gilead and Remdesevir were known, so FDA supported and got 50 sites up and running
- But as time passed, FDA came on board.

X. India and Pakistan?
- They have not reached out.
- CYDY doesn't reach out to countries but our hands are full; but we are very responsive to requests.
- So countries need to have their own health departments contact CYDY (here's my email)
- Interviewer offers to connect CYDY with these countries

XI. Pricing
- We will match/beat Remdesevir
- There are wealthy people who want to fund production for other countries, and we are happy to work with them and make a bit less in other countries.

XII. Contra-indications
- Have found zero drug-drug interactions
- Dr. Paul Madden (inventor) --> couldn't even kill a rat with it if we tried.
- Helps tremendously with MS (?)
- Animal studies with NASH have been amazing

XIII. Approval?
- How possible/likely is approval straight after Phase II?
- The issue is if there is "unmet medical need" can get quicker approval.
- Don't know what FDA will say..

XIV. Uninsured patients?
- Can they get the drug?
- presumably hospitals will give it out,

XV. Other uses of Leronlimab
- Dr. Lalezari (senior) has been at Einstein for 60 years
* wants to do trial immediately at Montefiore for Alzheimers
- NASH trial -- get started
- GBHT (?) - going on
- Cancer -- 23 difference cancers
- MS --> told Amorex to go forward
- HIV ongoing
- 10 trials this year (4 already in process, 6 more to go)

XVI. Dr. Patterson's Research
- The data from those labs belongs to Cydy
- But we like to let the doctors publish on their own ( Seethamraju, Yang, Agresti)
- Patterson has been great
- We've been getting leaders in each field
- Q: Patterson's paper? A: Labwork from IncellDX (?) re: CD-10, CD-12 (?)

XVII. Severe/Critical Trial Update
- Sitting at 127 patients, so no interim on 51 patients
- Being careful not to make any mistakes
- Hope to have data of CD-10 and CD-12 at same time

XVIII. Breast Cancer patients?
- 13 patients have (tumor?) at 0
- basket trial (?)

VI. Mike Mulholland up his sleeve

- shortcut to uplisting (of allowing to join NASDAQ without funding requirement)
- waiting to hear back if they will allow

I can't help but wonder if they couldn't find some co. on their deathbed and do something similar enough to the reverse merger DKNG pulled off.

Antivirals, Rather Than Vaccines, Hold Greater Promise For The Management Of SARS-CoV-2 Infection

Leronlimab is generating much interest and excitement and is currently under review in the US for HIV infections. This monoclonal antibody and CCR5 antagonist inhibits coronavirus entry into healthy T cells, protecting the cells from infection, thereby limiting viral propagation, and reducing viral load. According to the Biologics License Application Acknowledgment Letter that CytoDyn (OTCQB:CYDY) received from the FDA, a PDUFA date may be announced on July 10.
CCR5 antagonist... title of sex tape.

I did and I've been selling today banking some profits.  Thanks.  You are very good at this stuff.  Time for you to throw out some more recommendations.
One day too early. It's at 86 in pre-market, up another 10%+. They announced that they upped their guidance for Q2 by 15-20% and that's in a quarter where we will see some awful results except for a few companies who benefited. This one's a very long term hold for me and I regret not buying more and not buying back in March in the 20s. Just glad I finally bit the bullet at 60.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/livongo-announces-preliminary-second-quarter-110010683.html

Last edited by a moderator:
NKLA and NKLAW taking some beatings.  First round of warrants being converted and dumped?  Tomorrow is 30 days from my first group of warrants I bought.  Anyone successfully convert theirs?  Probably should have just dumped them all when it was close to $35/sh.

Haha true. Can't believe Tesla is still running up. Love the news coming out of CYDY in that post above too. #notsellinguntiltripledigits
The CYDY "news" makes me nervous. I just want it to get listed and continue on its merry way up up up.

No kidding. No more bear raid crap. At this point I own too much and would love to get to a conclusion or get by the current guessing game. It’s been a big winner but by far my most risky position. 
Oh hell yes, I agree. I have never ever put so much money into one stock. I don't want any rumors other than listing and trial results. That is it.

Haha true. Can't believe Tesla is still running up. Love the news coming out of CYDY in that post above too. #notsellinguntiltripledigits
TSLA looks like a penny stock pump and dump. Up 50% in a week? On air? Oh wait, JMP, not JPM, upgraded them. I'm just a bit bitter that I had to liquidate my holdings but man, that is a scary stock to buy right now. 

TSLA looks like a penny stock pump and dump. Up 50% in a week? On air? Oh wait, JMP, not JPM, upgraded them. I'm just a bit bitter that I had to liquidate my holdings but man, that is a scary stock to buy right now. 
Maybe wheat pennies. 

I'm trimming back today, just a couple percent of my Roth IRA. 

Besides being in some index funds of mine, I've never owned a share.  Another stock I just don't get or understand.  Hype???  It's priced like I should have 3 in my driveway and I honestly don't know where or how far I'd have to drive to even find a dealer.  

And just like that Tesla up another 4%.  It's going to be ugly for a bunch of people when that bubble bursts.

NKLA and NKLAW taking some beatings.  First round of warrants being converted and dumped?  Tomorrow is 30 days from my first group of warrants I bought.  Anyone successfully convert theirs?  Probably should have just dumped them all when it was close to $35/sh.
I got out at ~35.... Freebagel I think is still in with you. 

The articles predicting this made too much sense.  Warrants and insider shares coming free at the same time = bloodbath.

Though Amazon changed how we shop and consume products.  Tesla's just a car with some fancy gadgets.
I understand the bull case. And I bought owned it on that. The issue is that AMZN didn't really take off until it was already taking over the world. I was invested in it as a vertically integrated company in the sense of, they sell you solar, the batteries and charging system for your home. Then they sell you the car.  Synergies for batteries/solar in terms of home usage. Then obviously the holy grail is automated cars. 

But when the founder is saying the stock is overvalued. The stock price may allow it to fund itself to be competitive. Otherwise, it'd lose a race to a better funded company. But that means more equity raises. 

I'm still a ways away from wanting to even dabble in options, but do you guys have some preferred videos or training material for folks just trying to wrap their arms around how options work?  I can google, and I've read some material and watched some videos already, but if there's some really good material out there folks have experience with i'd appreciate a reference.

Though Amazon changed how we shop and consume products.  Tesla's just a car with some fancy gadgets.
I agree with you. I don’t see Tesla as a true game changer who won’t have a lot of competition. I absolutely should have bought in March when I pondered buying some in the 300s. SMH, I made some good buys but there were some screaming values that I didn’t buy because of the deeper drop worry.

Tesla is 1/6th of Amazon’s market cap but 1/11-12th of their revenue and without highly profitable areas like AWS and advertising and streaming. Toyota’s P/S is 0.75 and Tesla’s is over 10. You have to bet that they will turn into the top battery maker or solar or self driving leader to fill in the market cap they have. They may but I personally won’t be buying at these prices as I think it’s got a ton of froth in it now. your upside is way more limited now. 

I'm still a ways away from wanting to even dabble in options, but do you guys have some preferred videos or training material for folks just trying to wrap their arms around how options work?  I can google, and I've read some material and watched some videos already, but if there's some really good material out there folks have experience with i'd appreciate a reference.
I don't know if I have anything in particular but I think the important question is why you want to trade options? What you hope to accomplish and what strategies you want to use? 

NASDAQ is slightly green, but almost everything is red. 

And just like that Tesla up another 4%.  It's going to be ugly for a bunch of people when that bubble bursts.
Slightly red now (of course, now is the M1 trading window)

We'll see. 

I see it as a technology company.
Yep. 

Amazon was "just a bookstore" at first.  Netflix was just a mail order Blockbuster.

Tesla might not approach Amazon's impact, but it's not just another nice car.

I don't know if I have anything in particular but I think the important question is why you want to trade options? What you hope to accomplish and what strategies you want to use? 
Don't even know I want to trade options.  I want to understand them.  From the little I understand they can accompany a normal investment plan and can help limit some downside to bigger investments by giving you an option if the prices fall in a short period of time after you make a big investment.  Really just want to understand how they work, why folks use them, what the different types are, so that I can get a better feel for what's going on in the market.

I'm not sure if it makes sense, but if I have tens of thousands I'm looking to put into a long position on an index fund, I'm curious whether considering an option to cover myself in case the market turns down in a period of a year would make sense.  I don't know enough now to understand where to find what that would cost, or how to evaluate the cost, but the concept intrigues me.  The risk of immediate swings in stock prices (generally for the worse) causes me to not invest in things at times, and if there was a way I could invest long while at the same time insuring against the risk of a major drop, that would interest me.

Edit: Just to be more clear, my goal in using options would be to insure investments against major swings downward in the short term and if there was such a swing, allow me to either sell or buy at a price that's favorable to me.

https://youtu.be/uQLMSU2NNlk

The rest of their videos are pretty good as well. 

Yea this sucks.  I was so close to hitting the button at $35.

The warrants/PIPE shares haven't even been unlocked yet.  It was supposed to be yesterday but the SEC still hasn't gotten off their ### and approved the S-1 to unlock them.  This huge selloff is still fear of that selloff.  Investor sentiment seems to have really done a 180 on the company now too.  I am considering getting out here but man, sucks.

NASDAQ is slightly green, but almost everything is red. 

Slightly red now (of course, now is the M1 trading window)

We'll see. 

Yep. 

Amazon was "just a bookstore" at first. Tesla might not approach Amazon's impact, but it's not just another nice car.
While I agree, I do think the stock has gotten way ahead of itself. Amazon was still around TSLA’s market cap just 4 years ago when they were already way more than a bookstore and AWS was established and growing like a weed. They were making in roads in streaming and making money from advertising.

Not saying Tesla can’t evolve but at this market cap, Amazon already had way more than where they started and Tesla hasn’t yet shown those other arms aside from making cars. Solar didn’t take off at all and self-driving isn’t quite there and they’ve got a lot of competition.

I just think they are overvalued right now due to the huge run up in tech stocks and they’ve run up way more than most. Even Amazon is frothy, but their revenue in Q1 improves and was way better than expected and Tesla’s went down sequentially by 20% due to CV.

While I agree, I do think the stock has gotten way ahead of itself. Amazon was still around TSLA’s market cap just 4 years ago when they were already way more than a bookstore and AWS was established and growing like a weed. They were making in roads in streaming and making money from advertising.

Not saying Tesla can’t evolve but at this market cap, Amazon already had way more than where they started and Tesla hasn’t yet shown those other arms aside from making cars. Solar didn’t take off at all and self-driving isn’t quite there and they’ve got a lot of competition.

I just think they are overvalued right now due to the huge run up in tech stocks and they’ve run up way more than most. Even Amazon is frothy, but their revenue in Q1 improves and was way better than expected and Tesla’s went down sequentially by 20% due to CV.
Well said bugs. 

I've been hearing that for so long and while I agree, it's hard to fight the meme stocks. 
I think Tesla is a good long term investment.  Our society is going electric and they are the clear cut leader in it.  But it seems unlikely that their stock price doesn't drop back down in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread