What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

fantasycurse42 said:
It's good advice, and it is something I've tried to adhere to more and more as I've grown as a professional. On a message board, whatever, I'll let it fly, in a conference room, I'll take a deep breath and hold it in. You should think about my advice as well.
Here’s the thing about the FFA, it’s not a message board. The other forums here are but the FFA is a community where people send rare bourbons, send money in times of need, and are shoulders to cry on when needed. I appreciate everyone in here’s advice and I’m only reporting those that actively support Liverpool :rant:  

That thread was started 14 years ago. I have no point other than our days are whipping past us at a blinding speed as we rapidly approach our ultimate demise, which likely consists of nothingness other than a decomposing carcass for worms to feed on.

I added to $HUBS today.

Tesla, which will trade on Nasdaq under the symbol "TSLA," priced its shares late Monday at $17 each, above the target range of $14 to $16. That allowed Tesla to raise more than $226 million in the IPO.

That thread was started 14 years ago. I have no point other than our days are whipping past us at a blinding speed as we rapidly approach our ultimate demise, which likely consists of nothingness other than a decomposing carcass for worms to feed on.

I added to $HUBS today.
I’ve got 50 shares of HUBS. I had watched it before the drop and they had great reports so I grabbed it at $142 on 3/9. I think it went to $110 a week later but has been on a roll since. I’ll probably be holding for a while.

I’ve got 50 shares of HUBS. I had watched it before the drop and they had great reports so I grabbed it at $142 on 3/9. I think it went to $110 a week later but has been on a roll since. I’ll probably be holding for a while.
They have their crap together. I’m in for the long haul.

Thanks for the reminder. I wish I had the $$$ 10 years ago. I’d be retired and rich. Tesla and Netflix and Amazon, etc. would have been right in my wheelhouse. Damn kids and wife!

They have their crap together. I’m in for the long haul.
Yep and they were one of the purchases where I almost bought more. I made a couple buys on 2/27 and a few more on 3/9 and a few more on 3/16, some just additional shares of the stuff that dropped even more. I think HUBS was above $200 and had a great report but stocks were already dropping so I knew they’d have a great buy point.

Break this one down for me, would you? Unfamiliar.
Solid enterprise software company. Have still been able to grow revenue these two CV quarters. I’m obviously in at a cheaper price but if you are looking a few years out, it should be a solid, better than the market, return.

Thanks for the reminder. I wish I had the $$$ 10 years ago. I’d be retired and rich. Tesla and Netflix and Amazon, etc. would have been right in my wheelhouse. Damn kids and wife!
Exactly.  I remember Facebook ipo.  at least half the board thought it was a bust.

Now We need to find the next ones...

No thanks. Reminds me of Uber. Not the business, but a valuation to start so high that it doesn’t have the runway to fly. It might come out at $30B, about the same as Marriott and more than Hilton.
I believe their last raise was at $30b but I'm seeing mixed reports of the IPO filing being at either $18b or $26b.

Either way it will probably be pumped way up by the time we retail folks can get our hands on it.

ETA: Uber IPO was at $82 billion wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks. Reminds me of Uber. Not the business, but a valuation to start so high that it doesn’t have the runway to fly. It might come out at $30B, about the same as Marriott and more than Hilton.
Pre-Covid I was all over this, especially with their Experiences product which is genius. Obviously hesitant now but I’m not writing them off.

I may get in just for the potential cult following.  Some of the younger guys in my office will only stay at them.  I don't get it.  Work will pay for a Hilton, Marriott, any nice major chain, and these dudes pick the Airbnb.
Yep, morons don’t realize the value of hoarding points and benefiting from upgraded tiers. 

Honestly, I haven’t been tracking them through covid. I just assumed they’d suffer with reduced travel. If they found a way to thrive I’m all ears.
Yeah vacation rentals were shut down for about a month right when everything started but now they are booming like never before.  We have been trying to buy vacation homes in Southern Utah and East Tennessee and prices on the homes are insane and inventory is tiny as no one is selling right now because everyone is booked solid for the foreseeable future.  We talked to property managers and they all said the same thing, that June/July were their two best months ever and it wasn't even close.

I believe their last raise was at $30b but I'm seeing mixed reports of the IPO filing being at either $18b or $26b.

Either way it will probably be pumped way up by the time we retail folks can get our hands on it.

ETA: Uber IPO was at $82 billion wow.
Yeah, based on the fact that things are "improving" now, I'm betting it'll be back closer to $30B and as you said if it opens higher than it's priced, retail investors never actually see the IPO price. I have enough money at Fidelity that I just signed up for IPO alerts. No idea if I will find anything out and if it will actually be pre-IPO allocations.

Uber was ridiculous. The IPO price pretty much took out the chance of making money, maybe ever, on the stock.

Yeah, based on the fact that things are "improving" now, I'm betting it'll be back closer to $30B and as you said if it opens higher than it's priced, retail investors never actually see the IPO price. I have enough money at Fidelity that I just signed up for IPO alerts. No idea if I will find anything out and if it will actually be pre-IPO allocations.

Uber was ridiculous. The IPO price pretty much took out the chance of making money, maybe ever, on the stock.
Huh I didn't even know they had that.  I just signed up as well.  I'm expecting little more than a pop-up message when the IPO is tradeable on the platform (after it's already been run-up) though.

Huh I didn't even know they had that.  I just signed up as well.  I'm expecting little more than a pop-up message when the IPO is tradeable on the platform (after it's already been run-up) though.
What do I need to know?

First, you'll need to meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements for participating in an IPO:

36+ trades/year, 
:lmao:

Yeah vacation rentals were shut down for about a month right when everything started but now they are booming like never before.  We have been trying to buy vacation homes in Southern Utah and East Tennessee and prices on the homes are insane and inventory is tiny as no one is selling right now because everyone is booked solid for the foreseeable future.  We talked to property managers and they all said the same thing, that June/July were their two best months ever and it wasn't even close.
If you want to cut to the chase and save time, just buy some Paragon and repeatedly hit yourself with a hammer.

It's not really surprising. It's a lot better to stay in a decent house by a lake or mountain or beach with your own family or close friends than hit hotels and need to eat at restaurants. Many will still eat out anyway, but the house provides options. It's the only way we vacation. COVID just adds another reason. Although we've never used Airbnb. (We've used VRBO a lot and rental companies at the beach)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kymera Pharmaceuticals (KYMR) IPO priced at $20 this morning, above the expected $16-$18 offer price.  Biotech IPOs have been pretty good lately.

- looks at the pre market, in red. Thinks "yeah, that makes sense, hope it doesn't sink badly but a little pullback is to be expected"

- looks a little later, almost all green 🤷‍♂️

- looks at the pre market, in red. Thinks "yeah, that makes sense, hope it doesn't sink badly but a little pullback is to be expected"

- looks a little later, almost all green 🤷‍♂️
Looks red to me now. Was all green after the open.

I still think it’s so interesting how much the word split has impacted Tesla and Apple. I legitimately wonder if the new people truly get what it means because this is legit crazy.

FB, AMZN and MSFT also had huge quarters but are up 12%, 8% and 7% since July 30th. Apple is up 25% since the same time announcing a split and Tesla was actually down after earnings and after split announcement days later is up 50%. Again, I truly wonder if all the new investors due to CV, stimulus and no other gambling outlet don’t know that a split is an accounting thing.

RKT up 8% today, took my 25% profit in 10 days and closed that position.

Starting to dribble off my LVGO.  Up over 6% today and 25% in about a week.

Adding FLGT back on the 5% drop.

Nibbling at the bottom on OKE.

Looks red to me now. Was all green after the open.

I still think it’s so interesting how much the word split has impacted Tesla and Apple. I legitimately wonder if the new people truly get what it means because this is legit crazy.

FB, AMZN and MSFT also had huge quarters but are up 12%, 8% and 7% since July 30th. Apple is up 25% since the same time announcing a split and Tesla was actually down after earnings and after split announcement days later is up 50%. Again, I truly wonder if all the new investors due to CV, stimulus and no other gambling outlet don’t know that a split is an accounting thing.
Absolute madness.  Plenty of stocks to own to avoid this.  If I had Tesla right now, I would be banking all my profits.

Absolute madness.  Plenty of stocks to own to avoid this.  If I had Tesla right now, I would be banking all my profits.
I cut down to half my previous holdings. So basically took the original money off the table and kept the gains rolling.

I cut down to half my previous holdings. So basically took the original money off the table and kept the gains rolling.
Good strategy. I love Amazon and it’s growing way more than expected. It’s almost a defensive stock for me like having an index fund with potentially higher ceiling. I don’t feel that way about Tesla. I think they could go up but their price action has kind of taken out a lot of the potential growth. That’s not bad if you take some gains, but I’d be really worried about a sharp pull back. If there isn’t then I think the stock will not gain as much but if there’s a tech dip, it could drop way more than other big guys.

I was green about half a percent, the. It went red close to a percent. Now I’m up almost a percent. The volatility in a little over an hour of trading is a day traders dream. It really is chaotic. I really want an end to my short term plays and put myself on coast for a bit. This is hard to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread