Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

3 minutes ago, Polish Hammer said:

According to my friend that turned me on to this, this growth is institutional groups catching on to what DPHC is doing, and trying to get in early. You'll notice the volume on this has been spiking lately. This certainly isn't without risk, but he believes it should hit $30-40 easily (compared to some other EV group that has announced their plan but still pre-merger). He also thinks if everything falls into place correctly (market as a whole stays fine, merger completes, and Lordstown gets the contract for USPS EV) it could go to $100.

Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense.  Haven't been tracking their institutional holding %, but do see it above 60% now.   I sold off some today at $18 and missed this run up to almost $19 now.  So hard not to take these profits it's been kicking out now a couple of times this month.  Will look to buy back on any drops if that happens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beef said:

Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense.  Haven't been tracking their institutional holding %, but do see it above 60% now.   I sold off some today at $18 and missed this run up to almost $19 now.  So hard not to take these profits it's been kicking out now a couple of times this month.  Will look to buy back on any drops if that happens. 

I wish I had sold off my CYDY earlier so I would have had more to put into this. Love the science behind CYDY but this just seems more "real." 

• Like 1

So I’m sitting on an $.80 9/18 Walmart call that as of this post is at $3.40. 

How high will this TikTok news pump this up?  This is literally my first big hit and I’m freaking the #### out. 

• Like 2

Profit from RLFTF has been almost equally divided among DPHC, DHT, ARKK, and ARKQ.

• Like 2

#### that was quick, DPHC under 18.  

2 minutes ago, beef said:

#### that was quick, DPHC under 18.  

:doh:

28 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

VIX up 5% on a day where SPY is up 0.5%.

Watched UVXY go under $19 yesterday, and thought it was time. But I'm always early, so I promised myself I would circle back on Friday. Looks like I missed.

Popped a little into FLDM. They got a EUA for a saliva COVID test and went up a lot yesterday and then back way down today with the ABT announcement. But I think there should be room for multiple test producers. 

Thanks to many in this thread for this past 6-7 months.  Been a lot of ups and downs, but mostly up.

we had discussed a few months back after bounce back into S&P 3K what stocks were good for a trade and what ones would make good long term holds.  I think it was @siffoin that said $BA was a pass but $MGM was going to go places in time.  Well here we are a few months later and $MGM, after a run up into the $20’s caught a big investment from a billionaire and is now trading $23-$24.  Seems for sure in time this will be back trading with a 3 handle.  Great pick here by the thread

I was a big time doubter In TSLA a few months ago.  Too soon I figured.  Obviously it’s run so far over the last 6 months it’s hard to jump in with two feet.  That being said I watched this last week and ended up buying in.  

cliff notes: very reasonable path to a $750B Valuation in the next two years with Ample room for upside.  A Semi reasonable case can be made for it to be the largest market cap company in the world in time.

https://youtu.be/Z6sVutg9Z3g

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

XPEV open

As expected, I got squadoosh. Funny thing is that when I looked at research on the IPO, it was all pretty negative. I was just assuming there’d be a nice pop for at least 15 days. That said, EVs are like Biotechs now, everyone’s a winner and it’s definitely going to shake out a bit. Still can’t believe Tesla, so overvalued and it won’t slow down. 

35 minutes ago, The Ref said:

I was a big time doubter In TSLA a few months ago.  Too soon I figured.  Obviously it’s run so far over the last 6 months it’s hard to jump in with two feet.  That being said I watched this last week and ended up buying in.  

cliff notes: very reasonable path to a $750B Valuation in the next two years with Ample room for upside.  A Semi reasonable case can be made for it to be the largest market cap company in the world in time.

https://youtu.be/Z6sVutg9Z3g

Man, was going to watch and then realized how long it is. I will try to watch at some point but definitely have no desire to invest right now. If I was smart I would have bought when I thought about it in March or when I was buying stuff at the start of June. March was a great time but even we’ll after the V, end of May/early June was a good point as well.

Can I talk about how dumb I am here?  I am a novice and just kind of dabbled in the market with a few thousand dollars earlier in the year. 

Bought Amazon at $1700ish. Sold it at $2400 when Bezos said they were investing all this money into safety at the warehouses. Ugh. 

Two days before the apple stock split is announced I said I was going to buy some because everyone was going to need an ipad for school this year. Never got around to it.  Dumb. 

NRGU time again.

Also considering WTI.  Any hurricane concerns?

Sold off half my SYF for a 10% in a month with most of the rest on a 1% trail stop loss.

Also further liquidating DFS

I tried to trade ABT today.  Even with recent news that should make it volatile that thing is just a snoozer.  At least it didn't distract me too much to dump 80% of my TSLA position right before it sold off.  Reloaded about half of that back in on the dip for $120/share less.

Only unfortunate thing is I was very very close to clicking the button on buying 5 OTM puts on TSLA that I would have been 10 baggers if I'd nutted up and done it.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

NRGU time again.

I bought more today to average down.  Not in an uncomfortable position yet, but getting closer to the max I like to play with on leveraged ETFs.  

Edited by beef

40 minutes ago, beef said:

I bought more today to average down.  Not in an uncomfortable position yet, but getting closer to the max I like to play with on leveraged ETFs.  

Just sold those shares.  Only a 3% gain, but it was less than one hour.

Why are bonds down last week or so. My Vangaurd bond funds are losing .10-.15% per day and EDV is taking a beating. Someone who understands macroeconomics better than me, please explain. Thanks in advance. 

6 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

Why are bonds down last week or so. My Vangaurd bond funds are losing .10-.15% per day and EDV is taking a beating. Someone who understands macroeconomics better than me, please explain. Thanks in advance. 

It's Stonks Go Up. Not Bonds Go Up. 

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

changing inflation expectations

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Anyone else take a beating today?

Yep. Another Turdday.

Hopefully tomorrow isn't CryDay.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

👉This Guy

I think I’m literally at where I was COB Tuesday. It’s like yesterday’s great day just went away. 

Edited by stbugs

On 8/20/2020 at 12:26 PM, Nugget said:

My play acct is now NRGU/SOXL/TMF

This got slaughtered today (down 4.41%).   It is purely SOXL and TMF as of today, and DCA'd TMF around 39.50 today.  

1 hour ago, NajehHejan said:

EDV- Think it is just that treasury yields are increasing as the fed is changing its stance on inflation. I am looking at this as a buying opportunity. I bought more TMF today. 

4 hours ago, BigJohn said:

So I’m sitting on an $.80 9/18 Walmart call that as of this post is at $3.40. 

How high will this TikTok news pump this up?  This is literally my first big hit and I’m freaking the #### out. 

More than one call? Sell some and let the rest ride. One call? Do you feel lucky?

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Would have been worse without MSFT, ABT, and LVGO. Down day but not too bad.

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

:hey:

1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

Yep. Another Turdday.

Hopefully tomorrow isn't CryDay.

Can't spell CryDay with out CyDy

Just sayin

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

I think I won the day as biggest loser.  -1.5%

That's not "play" accounts, that's you're working an extra 6 months after today accounts. 

9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I think I won the day as biggest loser.  -1.5%

That's not "play" accounts, that's you're working an extra 6 months after today accounts. 

Nah -2.3%. Sweet sweet tankers and ####

Posted (edited)

This is kind of interesting

3 BPs partnering for a trial targeting CCR5 (and CCR2)

https://www.takeda.com/newsroom/newsreleases/2020/members-of-the-covid-rd-alliance-and-quantum-leap-healthcare-collaborative-enroll-first-patients-in-i-spy-covid-trial/

Seems like there is something to what Leronlimab is doing.  When will it get some traction?  At least printed in a respected journal, please

Edit: wrong thread, still interesting

Edited by Dwayne Hoover

So I know there has been back in forth in the past on here on whether brokers are worth it or not.  I personally use a broker for money I have earmarked for retirement.  Not my 401k, I have that too and have picked mutual funds there, but other money that I tell my wife once I give it to this guy its gone til I retire.  I think he has killed it this year, but when I read this thread it seems like everyone is killing it.  So question for those who want to share:

How much is your 401k up ytd:

how much is your retirement money (not including 401k up):

how much is your play account up:

Im at

401k: 3.07% net

brokerage: 32.83% net

play: n/a just started it a month ago

4 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

End of the day I broke even. Can’t complain 

On 8/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, McBokonon said:

Now what is probably my most boring core holding is popping like it’s Sea Limited after hours:

A 15-minute Covid test from Abbott Laboratories that will be priced at just $5 has been granted emergency authorization for use in the U.S., a breakthrough that could ease the bottleneck that has crimped much of the nation’s testing capacity.

Went up to $115 before the AH session ended (after closing at $103 during the day.)

That seems a bit overdone but I don’t know how much it costs to make them.

Got in this AM.  Thanks.  Surprised not more love for this.  Great covid play

12 minutes ago, KGB said:

Got in this AM.  Thanks.  Surprised not more love for this.  Great covid play

Hope it works out for you! Like I said I thought the pop was surprising but people seemed really excited about it. Whatever happens it’s a good long term hold.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ditka...mike ditka said:

So I know there has been back in forth in the past on here on whether brokers are worth it or not.  I personally use a broker for money I have earmarked for retirement.  Not my 401k, I have that too and have picked mutual funds there, but other money that I tell my wife once I give it to this guy its gone til I retire.  I think he has killed it this year, but when I read this thread it seems like everyone is killing it.  So question for those who want to share:

How much is your 401k up ytd:

how much is your retirement money (not including 401k up):

Im at

401k: 3.07% net

brokerage: 32.83% net

play: n/a just started it a month ago

It's all one in the same for me.

48.04% thanks to this thread and taking things into my own hands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ditka...mike ditka said:

I have so many accounts (not entirely my fault, but not an optimal strategy) but this got me curious.  All of my accounts are self-directed.

Roth IRA -3.2% (knew this one would be down , and am happy with this result -  holdings in NLCH and MMM not helping the cause)

IRA +6.36% (about 60% are index funds)

Brokerage acct +24.26% (happy with this tbh honestly)

I also have a 401K acct which is up 3.2% this year which offsets my Roth losses I guess.

All things considered, I'm happy with the account performances, but moreso that I've been disciplined to stay the course, buy when things were bad and not go crazy selling off positions.  My 1 year performances are actually quite better, with my brokerage acct over 40% and IRA just shy of 18%.  Years ahead of retirement schedule and if things don't go to crazy I'm out of the grind about 3 years before what I thought in my wildest dreams. Of course, now we're heading to the mother of all corrections :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guru_007 said:

I have so many accounts (not entirely my fault, but not an optimal strategy) but this got me curious.  All of my accounts are self-directed.

Roth IRA -3.2% (knew this one would be down , and am happy with this result -  holdings in NLCH and MMM not helping the cause)

IRA +6.36% (about 60% are index funds)

Brokerage acct +24.26% (happy with this tbh honestly)

I also have a 401K acct which is up 3.2% this year which offsets my Roth losses I guess.

All things considered, I'm happy with the account performances, but moreso that I've been disciplined to stay the course, buy when things were bad and not go crazy selling off positions.  My 1 year performances are actually quite better, with my brokerage acct over 40% and IRA just shy of 18%.  Years ahead of retirement schedule and if things don't go to crazy I'm out of the grind about 3 years before what I thought in my wildest dreams. Of course, now we're heading to the mother of all corrections :)

Corrections only benefit you.  Since I'm not withdrawing for a while I'd be fine with a 95% drop.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

It's all one in the same for me.

48.04% thanks to this thread and taking things into my own hands.

I'm at 66% for the year for all my non-401ks (80%+ of my accounts). A lot of good gains, but Amazon definitely drove a lot of the gains as our top holding since it's up 84% YTD.

401ks up 8% YTD, which is pretty solid, but luckily they are much smaller than my main accounts.

Edited by stbugs
  • Like 2

Just now, stbugs said:

I'm at 66% for the year for all my non-401ks (80%+ of my accounts). A lot of good gains, but Amazon definitely drove a lot of the gains as our top holding since it's up 84% YTD.

401ks only up 8% YTD, but luckily they are much smaller than my main accounts.

Congrats.  That's a life changer.

All I have is 401K accounts.  Might need to consider something else but then I would have to hold stocks.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stbugs said:

401ks up 8% YTD, which is pretty solid, but luckily they are much smaller than my main accounts.

Do you have lousy choices in the 401k or make more conservative selections?  I always thought maxing the 401k and ira out was the way to go for tax benefits.  Unless you have a really bad 401k plan without many options.

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Corrections only benefit you.  Since I'm not withdrawing for a while I'd be fine with a 95% drop.

If the market dropped 95%, assuming a 10% annual return every year thereafter, it would take 32 years to get back to your original position.

Edited by Tool