Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

@arrow1 Didn't want to keep putting non-CYDY stuff in that thread, but yes the stock I was referring to is DPHC. Here's an opinion piece that sums up the situation with them pretty well. I'm debating getting rid of the last bits I have of CYDY, RLFTF, RVVTF and just moving it into this. Wish I had done it sooner but oh well. 

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 7:51 AM, Buckna said:

BLMN rocket ship?!? :popcorn:

Faded yesterday but still closed up. Flirting with 17 again today, maybe todays finally the day it can close above it.

7 minutes ago, Polish Hammer said:

@arrow1 Didn't want to keep putting non-CYDY stuff in that thread, but yes the stock I was referring to is DPHC. Here's an opinion piece that sums up the situation with them pretty well. I'm debating getting rid of the last bits I have of CYDY, RLFTF, RVVTF and just moving it into this. Wish I had done it sooner but oh well. 

I really miss-judged DPHC and got out a little too soon last week.  Waiting on a pullback to jump back in.  

Missed my opportunity at opening this this morning.

Edited by beef
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Polish Hammer said:

I should have followed you on this. Watched it too long. At least IPOB seems to have found someone (Opendoor - real estate) so that popped a bit today and FMCI has done well.

56 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Looks like EVSI became BEEM  @General Malaise what's up with this?

What's going on with EVSI today? up 20% at this point.

Edited by Steeler

4 minutes ago, Steeler said:

That's pretty standard.  It's been bouncing around the last several weeks on no news.  Not sure why the name change.

2 hours ago, CR69 said:

Bought some more RDS/A and BP in the wife's IRA yesterday. Still a great dividend and I like that they're focusing on renewable energy. They've got a ton of money to invest and oil profits can hold them over until the future arrives. 

Also bought some SNE and ESPO this morning. 

I’m a RDS-B guy. Did research back in the day to determine that B is better than A, but I forget the rationale. Do you have a compelling reason to favor A?

7 minutes ago, Steeler said:

LOL, this is like the split announcements. It's literally a ticker change and a 20% pop. This about as non-fundamental as you can get. At least a split typically means you have doing well and the stock is already up a ton so it's likely to continue. This is a renaming of your company and stock ticker. That's it. I wouldn't be buying it now, this seems like an artificial pop that will soon dissipate. If you were thinking about selling, now would be a good time.

• Like 1

@BassNBrew Not sure about you, but I must have signed up for 10 IPOs this and next week. One thing I don't like about the way Fidelity did it is that even though you put in your interest, you have to confirm it once they price it. I remember for XPEV that i did that the night before. i almost was worried that i did it too late and got screwed. I guess I get it so that you see the final price, but if it's in the range you already showed interest, would be nice to auto-confirm. I'm not watching that page and I don't recall getting an alert.

Also, make sure you ignore the secondary offerings. I don't know why you'd ever bother with that. They set the price based on the end of the day stock price the day before. You can just buy that stock. There's no discount or anything special. Maybe back when trading wasn't commission free, but kind of dumb now.

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Does anyone want to talk boring stocks.  @Todem maybe?

They have $18B in intangible assets? Goodwill, presumably? What did they overpay for?

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

@BassNBrew Not sure about you, but I must have signed up for 10 IPOs this and next week. One thing I don't like about the way Fidelity did it is that even though you put in your interest, you have to confirm it once they price it. I remember for XPEV that i did that the night before. i almost was worried that i did it too late and got screwed. I guess I get it so that you see the final price, but if it's in the range you already showed interest, would be nice to auto-confirm. I'm not watching that page and I don't recall getting an alert.

Also, make sure you ignore the secondary offerings. I don't know why you'd ever bother with that. They set the price based on the end of the day stock price the day before. You can just buy that stock. There's no discount or anything special. Maybe back when trading wasn't commission free, but kind of dumb now.

I mis-read the fine print.  I don't have the required $500,000 to participate in the IPO's.  I am eligible for the secondary offerings, but like you say, what's the point.

No Googling. Name that stock.

P/E (TTM): 1,092.76

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

P/E (TTM): 1,092.76

Gotta be Tesla.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

P/ECS (TTM): 1,092.76

fixed

1 hour ago, pecorino said:

I’m a RDS-B guy. Did research back in the day to determine that B is better than A, but I forget the rationale. Do you have a compelling reason to favor A?

Well I thought I knew but I was wrong. A gets priority in bankruptcy, no voting rights but has a tax on the dividend for foreigners. I assumed since it was in a Roth that didn’t apply but it looks like I’m wrong? B is cheaper so I should swap those, right?

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Gotta be Tesla.

Too easy. Pretty sure we talked about the 1000 P/E ratio when it was at $500. It’s ridiculous for a company that’s been public for almost a decade and had 4 straight profitable quarters, i.e. not just crazy numbers because no real profit yet.

• Thanks 1

Berkshire getting in on SNOW now too?   "Only" 250M bet for them though.

Am I nuts for thinking this may hit $200/sh the first week after the retail cult checks in?

Edited by beef

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

I mis-read the fine print.  I don't have the required $500,000 to participate in the IPO's.  I am eligible for the secondary offerings, but like you say, what's the point.

Ah, yeah, I’m good on that and not in a monumental way. We’ll see what pittance I get. If I don’t get anything off this shotgun spray then I will be calling the wealth manager who pinged me and tell him I’ll sit down with him when he gets me in on a cherry IPO.

2 minutes ago, beef said:

Am I nuts for thinking this may hit $200/sh the first week after the retail cult checks in?

Wouldn’t shock me at all. I just want to be part of the party. I asked for 100 shares in two accounts. Almost thinking I might want to up that to see if that might help as if they’d give our 50% allocation. You can only do it in round lots of 100.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Ah, yeah, I’m good on that and not in a monumental way. We’ll see what pittance I get. If I don’t get anything off this shotgun spray then I will be calling the wealth manager who pinged me and tell him I’ll sit down with him when he gets me in on a cherry IPO.

Wealth manager with Fidelity or someone else?

6 minutes ago, beef said:

That would be like a 50B-60B market cap I think.

Picked up some wbt today.  They make commercial kitchen appliances.  I think the industry is going to bounce back and it's still trading at half the price it was at the beginning of the year.  Hoping to get a pop from investor meetings the next two days.  

GRBK I mentioned a week or so ago has been on 🔥 up 20% since I got in

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil

14 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Wealth manager with Fidelity or someone else?

Fidelity, assume local guy who got my name and contacted me.

3 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Thanks to whomever recommend OESX. up 58% since I got in

That was me and glad it's working out for you. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Wouldn’t shock me at all. I just want to be part of the party. I asked for 100 shares in two accounts. Almost thinking I might want to up that to see if that might help as if they’d give our 50% allocation. You can only do it in round lots of 100.

I told wifey it would be $150 on Wednesday. Just a guess. She owns BRK so that’s fine. I’m not buying on that kind of pop, though. 

36 minutes ago, CR69 said:

Well I thought I knew but I was wrong. A gets priority in bankruptcy, no voting rights but has a tax on the dividend for foreigners. I assumed since it was in a Roth that didn’t apply but it looks like I’m wrong? B is cheaper so I should swap those, right?

I don’t know anything more than you. I don’t care about voting and not worrying about bankruptcy, so I’ll take the tax dodge, myself. 

Thank you to y'all for suggesting ARKK. Some solid gains the past two days. 💰

28 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

Still with me gb? 

Yup...although I found it elsewhere.  Nice pop today.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, beef said:

Cramer floated that number this morning. :oldunsure:

• Like 1

Tesla and Apple Split Their Stocks. Now NextEra Energy Is Too.

https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/nextera-energy-stock-split-51600183333?mod=newsviewer_click_realtime

After Apple and Tesla announced stock splits—and subsequently saw their shares soar—observers said it was only a matter of time until others followed suit. Well, at least one other is following suit.

After yesterday’s close, NextEra Energy (ticker: NEE), a utility company, announced a four-for-one split, and also increased its guidance. “Each shareholder of record on Oct. 19, 2020, will receive three additional shares of common stock for each then-held share, to be distributed on Oct. 26, 2020,” the company said in a statement. “Trading will begin on a stock split-adjusted basis on Oct. 27, 2020.”

The stock was up 4.3% at $294.02 Tuesday. The S&P 500 was up 0.7%, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%.

NextEra Energy now expects to earn between $9.60 and $10.15 in 2021, an increase of 20 cents over previous guidance. It also said it expects to grow by 6% to 8% in 2022 and 2023. NextEra credited “ongoing strength of the renewables development environment and the continued execution across all of its businesses” for the more optimistic outlook.

The guidance is great, but it’s the stock split that caught our attention. Apple (APPL) gained 34% from July 30, when it announced the split, through Aug. 31, when the split occurred. Tesla (TSLA) gained 81% from Aug. 11, when it announced its split, through Aug. 31, when it happened.

“Splits are just optics, but they can add to speculative frenzies,” Wolfe Research strategist Chris Senyek wrote in a Sept. 14 report. “Given the huge run-ups by Apple and Tesla following their recent split announcements, we expect many other companies with high share prices to follow suit—if the current bubble continues to build.”

Senyek, however, notes that companies that split their stocks underperform the median company in their industry after splitting their shares by an average of 2.2 percentage points over the 12 months following the split. Companies with high share prices—over $100—perform worse than stocks with lower prices, she adds.

That makes sense. If a stock runs up because of something that does nothing to change its fundamentals, it should give those gains back after the split. That’s what has happened with Apple and Tesla.

Might it happen to NextEra too?

39 minutes ago, pecorino said:

I don’t know anything more than you. I don’t care about voting and not worrying about bankruptcy, so I’ll take the tax dodge, myself. 

Yeah I misread that before so I appreciate you bringing it up!

23 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Cramer floated that number this morning. :oldunsure:

I upped my request to 400 shares in both accounts. It would eat up most of my cash but I can deal with that for 15 days or less and I just can’t do an IPO for something like 6 months. It would be worth it. I just know that I won’t get jack ####, but I figured maybe they’d say hey let’s give this schlub 25% of what he asked.

• Like 2

what companies or EFTS do you guys invest in? 

Edited by wazoo11

C time.  Down 5% today.  Approaching 50% of the 52 wk high.

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

C time.  Down 5% today.  Approaching 50% of the 52 wk high.

There are rumblings of cutting the dividend.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, beef said:

Might have got that mixed up.  Berkshire at 750M.  Salesforce is at 250M.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I upped my request to 400 shares in both accounts. It would eat up most of my cash but I can deal with that for 15 days or less and I just can’t do an IPO for something like 6 months. It would be worth it. I just know that I won’t get jack ####, but I figured maybe they’d say hey let’s give this schlub 25% of what he asked.

schlub?  you're an important piece to the innerwebs fbg stock thread.  did you tell them that?!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

So, basically an IPO is so rich investors have first crack at cheap stocks so they can get richer, while poor folk such as myself never get that opportunity?

This game cheats.

6 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

So, basically an IPO is so rich investors have first crack at cheap stocks so they can get richer, while poor folk such as myself never get that opportunity?

This game cheats.

It doesn't cheat, it just has rules stacked against you.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

56 minutes ago, wazoo11 said:

what companies or EFTS do you guys invest in? 

All of them. 

9 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:
17 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

This game cheats.

It doesn't cheat, it just has rules stacked against you.  

The house always gets theirs.

• Laughing 1

Brokers make money off their customers. They make more money off their customers who have more money. They reward those people when they can because they want to keep making money.

• Like 2

Dipped a toe into IPOS.

46 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

This game cheats.

Super rich.

<- This guy is just doing good, not rich. I’m just eligible so I can dream about how much I’d make and then watch the really rich guys make some money.

I won’t touch SNOW unless I get shares. It’s going to open at about a 100 price to sales ration. Probably a $50B market cap on a company that will probably have $500M in sales this year.

For the upcoming SNOW IPO, am I am able to pre-order anything for Wedneday morning? Do I have to wait for the market to open before putting in any orders?