What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

DHT in the low $4.90s.  Just added another nice stash but keeping ammo to load up lower.  P/E now at 3.09.   :lol:    Yearly dividend $1.92.  They can cut this in half and it's still a table pounding buy.
I don't disagree that it's probably a buy here, but I wouldn't go by dividend yield. To get to $1.92 relies on rates that we are not presently seeing. 

Says the guy sitting on a $10K capital loss in tankers wondering what to do. smh

These tech sell-offs usually last a couple days. Good time to be 20-25% cash (basically my baseline until we figure out COVID)
I’m at 33% in my taxable thanks to selling ZM, thankfully on Monday. I’m about 15% in my non-taxable, including SPACs without merger. I’ve got a few short term stocks and a couple IPOs I’d dump if I saw something better.

I need to review the stocks I only bought partials to see what I should add. Don’t have time today but damn if I shouldn’t have bought PINS last week when it went into the 43s. 

I don't disagree that it's probably a buy here, but I wouldn't go by dividend yield. To get to $1.92 relies on rates that we are not presently seeing. 

Says the guy sitting on a $10K capital loss in tankers wondering what to do. smh
I read the other day that oil inventories are increasing, is that going to lead to higher tanker prices?

Tattered Chef...ouch.  
No real news or anything. I think anything that’s been up solid over the past few months is ripe for profit taking. I’ve been guilty of it too. Sold most of my FSLY and ZM and damn glad I did. ZM down almost 10% and FSLY down 40% since I sold.

A few others I thought about trimming but they aren’t down quite that much and I’ve built up some cash.

Due to tax implications and not wanted to go over thresholds, not selling TTCF until next year anyway. It’ll be back up in the mid to high 20s next year. Might be bumpy the rest of the year.

Dumped my google and some others today and loaded up on NTDOY.  The last few holiday seasons the charts begin to go up about now.  Whenever the big boys drop a new console, they never have enough and Nintendo shatters records off of their years old systems.  

Dumped my google and some others today and loaded up on NTDOY.  The last few holiday seasons the charts begin to go up about now.  Whenever the big boys drop a new console, they never have enough and Nintendo shatters records off of their years old systems.  
Best of luck.  I'm seeing a consistent pattern of a dump EOY and a rise at the first of the year.

I read the other day that oil inventories are increasing, is that going to lead to higher tanker prices?
Ehh, the problem at present is that we are still working off the excess inventory from earlier this year (which is what led to such staggering rates in the first place). Really need demand to come back and to see some scrapping occur. 

At this point I'm trying to figure out similar names I can roll into for awhile to at least get the tax loss benefits. Probably wait until after earnings.

Ehh, the problem at present is that we are still working off the excess inventory from earlier this year (which is what led to such staggering rates in the first place). Really need demand to come back and to see some scrapping occur. 

At this point I'm trying to figure out similar names I can roll into for awhile to at least get the tax loss benefits. Probably wait until after earnings.
Just sell them the day prior to the dividend (the run up will be more than the dividend) and buy the same ones back on day 31.

I have reason to believe the Sony PS launch may not go as smoothly as hoped. 

Grabbed a couple NOV 20 Puts @ $75 strike on Tuesday. They popped 40% yesterday so I couldn't resist cashing in. 

That said I am going to follow and jump back in if the price gets back down. 
Would jibe well with this, I would think.

Geez...I got crushed today....tattered chef, amazonk. teledump, fastloss, dying eagle, social hedonism, dumpload, tank, losscaidia, opissies, draftkraps, lossongo, exoff, ohnoke, Nowes, nopaya just to name a few.
Lol. I got whacked too but you can’t always have good days. I could only imagine how bad I would have taken it had I not sold most of my ZM and FSLY already. FSLY took a dump earlier this year going from 100 to 70 before going back above 130. I will say that the current dump for FSLY was due to fundamentals which may stick more but for the rest it’s profit taking and it happens. The run up from June through October was big and had a lot of dips.

I mean, TSM beat estimates as much as TSLA did and isn’t up 400% this year and it went down. TSLA jumped nicely AHs. Who knows what drives the day to day.

• Limelight Networks (NASDAQ:LLNW) is expected to report quarterly earnings at $0.02 per share on revenue of $58.94 million.

They report after the bell today.  Something get leaked saying they missed?  Opened at 6.22, now under 6.

• Limelight Networks (NASDAQ:LLNW) is expected to report quarterly earnings at $0.02 per share on revenue of $58.94 million.

They report after the bell today.  Something get leaked saying they missed?  Opened at 6.22, now under 6.
I don’t think so, been a not so good few days for tech stuff but they’ve held up. Maybe a pre earnings worry?

beef said:
HGEN getting short squeezed.  Or have their trial just died...
Not sure, they got an overweight rating of $25 from Cantor Fitzgerald and now a red day. Almost back to my entry point, I guess I should have sold at 15.50 :kicksrock:

CGRdrJoe said:
I should have invested in Vaseline, would have made this morning a bit more comfortable :sadbanana:
Load up if you can find it.  The NRGU pumps have quit.  I've been screaming at XOM to turn those machines back on.  beef needs lube!!!

Overall, getting whacked again. Amazon having a rough few days hasn’t helped at all. Oh well, feels like it’s been a monthly thing. There’s been a 5-10% drop every month since May/June in the tech arena. This one started right around the FSLY news. We’ll see where the slide ends. 

As for NWBO, I think this is just profit taking from the double up this week. The 10 day volume went from 3m to 13m in that time. No bad news anywhere that I can find.

This will all hinge on the TLD which will be out 11/20 at the latest. Possibly earlier, but from what I have read they want it all to lead up to a PR release at the SNO conference that is 11/18 - 11/22.

The sentiment on the hard to read message boards is to expect a lot of volatility as day traders go to work until that time.

I'm holding, but have traded 1000 shares here and there to now play with house money.

Load up if you can find it.  The NRGU pumps have quit.  I've been screaming at XOM to turn those machines back on.  beef needs lube!!!
I think there’s a lot of that going on. If you had something doing well there’s been a lot of profit taking. Heck, I’ve been in on that so I can’t chose anyone for doing it.

As for NWBO, I think this is just profit taking from the double up this week. The 10 day volume went from 3m to 13m in that time. No bad news anywhere that I can find.

This will all hinge on the TLD which will be out 11/20 at the latest. Possibly earlier, but from what I have read they want it all to lead up to a PR release at the SNO conference that is 11/18 - 11/22.

The sentiment on the hard to read message boards is to expect a lot of volatility as day traders go to work until that time.

I'm holding, but have traded 1000 shares here and there to now play with house money.
I’m still way up on all these IPO/SPAC/Biotech risky stocks that I’ll just hold to see. Don’t feel the need to add and lower my cost. That said, I do need to get better at taking a 15-20% gain and be happy with not worrying about some huge jump in stocks I’m not tied to. Also, gotta be smarter on buying that stuff only in my IRA. Might have bailed on TTCF in the mid 20s if it wasn’t a big tax hit.

Overall, getting whacked again. Amazon having a rough few days hasn’t helped at all. Oh well, feels like it’s been a monthly thing. There’s been a 5-10% drop every month since May/June in the tech arena. This one started right around the FSLY news. We’ll see where the slide ends. 
These last few weeks are the worst my portfolio has performed relative to the market in a long, long time.  Been beating the market pretty handily the entire year but have taken some big whacks the last week or two.  I was surprised when I looked at SPY and QQQ that they're only off a little from where they were a week or two.

AMZN, DKNG, Spacs, and online car buying (CVNA, VRM, RMBL) hitting my portfolio the hardest.  Oh and of course the stock that shall not be named.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to figure out when to get into DKNG...
I like it long term so I would say any time.  But it's been a pretty steady grind down lately so it may get cheaper.  If it continues to bounce today that might signal a nice reversal, turning a prior resistance into current support around 40.40s.  It had 3 straight days where the wicks held that exact spot right before its breakout last time, and today's wick so far is dead on that exact spot.

Discovery blowing the roof off.  Wish I'd held more than one share.  They are crushing JPM.
Fidelity analyst score - Very Bearish....and Very Wrong

Just dumped that last share as I don't see it dropping to a range I feel comfortable again.  I really don't see what's changed to increase the price by 30% in the last month or two while the banks languish.

Out of bitcoin.  It hit the 25% target.  Thanks to the guy who suggested that.  ETHE on the other hand...

Also selling off my INN for a 13% gain in a week.  Will look to by again in the low 5s.

Just said goodbye to yesterday's NRGU purchases for a 10%+ gain.  mShould have doubled down this morning for a one day 20% gain.

Users who are viewing this thread