4 hours ago, beef said:

FU DPHC.  I'd rather get a Hummer EV anyway.  😢

Diamond Peak should rename to Poop Peak

just hoping for 1 decent day to get out

2 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Pouring one out for anyone holding BVXV today :shock:

Holy #### 

5 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

DPHC changes tickers on Monday.  Seems like lately SPACs have been fading pretty hard after the ticker change (HYLN, VLDR, TTCF).  Maybe people were selling in anticipation of that.

It might be. I think many of these had popped already so probably also timing. As soon as the market stuttered these are probably the first stocks where people take profits. TTCF I can’t sell because the gain would whack me tax wise and I like the company/products. DPHC I’m down a little, but willing to hold. IPOB has been hit a bit as well although some is due to ZG and RDFN getting 15-20% haircuts as well.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It might be. I think many of these had popped already so probably also timing. As soon as the market stuttered these are probably the first stocks where people take profits. TTCF I can’t sell because the gain would whack me tax wise and I like the company/products. DPHC I’m down a little, but willing to hold. IPOB has been hit a bit as well although some is due to ZG and RDFN getting 15-20% haircuts as well.

Im down 25% on DPHC.  lets hope for whatever reason the name change gives it a boost

1 minute ago, KGB said:

Im down 25% on DPHC.  lets hope for whatever reason the name change gives it a boost

I’m down around 10% because I bought in the 18s last time it dropped. Not sure I want to invest anymore.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I’m down around 10% because I bought in the 18s last time it dropped. Not sure I want to invest anymore.

DPHC  I dont feel good averaging down either

18 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Started a position in $IPHI. 5g play, picks and shovels. Not expecting any major pops soon, just want to add on pullbacks over the next 6 months or so.

FWIW, MF just sent a video to members this morning suggesting this stock as a way to get people to sign up for one of their products.:oldunsure:

On 10/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, CGRdrJoe said:

Hgen opening down this morning

HGEN update. 

Of 8 analysts covering the September investor call, 4 have issued price targets of $25, 25, 27, and 31. Frustrating that the stock price hasn’t responded.

Their p3 trial enrollment is not yet complete, which is disappointing. The NIH sponsored big effect trial has begun which adds Lenzilumab to Remdesivir to evaluate added benefit. This should fill quickly.

I’m happy to wait on HGEN a couple of months for trial results, all treatments are seeing delays and disappointments. Covid really becomes a spring board for other indications.

My OWS project is preparing millions of doses at unprecedented speed for 1Q2021, and supply of drug is expected to be constrained for most of 2021. Unfortunately patients are going to be plentiful.

• Thanks 1

Glad I couldn't figure out my after hours trades while at work a couple days ago.  Rather than buy LLNW at like 5.10 I waited and bought at 4.25.  I know nothing of this company, just tailing some here.  I know the risks 🤑

I will be happy to average down once or twice along the way.  Not a huge investment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, McBokonon said:

FWIW, MF just sent a video to members this morning suggesting this stock as a way to get people to sign up for one of their products.:oldunsure:

What means this and what video? I didn’t get anything with IPHI although I had purchased it already from their recommendation. I only have 30 shares, but definitely want to get more before their earnings call later this week. I hope this doesn’t mean I should have added yesterday.

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

What means this and what video? I didn’t get anything with IPHI although I had purchased it already from their recommendation. I only have 30 shares, but definitely want to get more before their earnings call later this week. I hope this doesn’t mean I should have added yesterday.

The email was from Eric Bleeker and the video he linked to was by Jason Moser. They want you to buy their 5g super cycle thing. They made a point of saying IPHI wasn't recommended by any MF service yet, though. Where did you see it? I've been looking for 5G plays for a few weeks and whittled it down to a few and IPHI was the first I picked - just thought it was funny they sent an email on it the very next day.

Edited by McBokonon

17 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

The email was from Eric Bleeker and the video he linked to was by Jason Moser. They want you to buy their 5g super cycle thing. They made a point of saying IPHI wasn't recommended by any MF service yet, though. Where did you see it? I've been looking for 5G plays for a few weeks and whittled it down to a few and IPHI was the first I picked - just thought it was funny they sent an email on it the very next day.

Yeah, I got this email. I also watched some video on Tuesday where they were pimping their 5G service and did the bold with $VIAV.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Lol. That’s one of the services I got because I needed some more picks as I was too heavy in cash back in June. Unfortunately, I stuck with the 5G pure plays versus the picks that were more like what I already have and had heard about before. Some of the picks were Apple and Square which back in early June were at great prices. I’m up 20% on the picks I bought since June so it’s worked well and returned way more than it cost. Could have been a home run if I bought more of the non-pure plays. I’ve mentioned it before but March/early April were obviously the best times to buy but early June was a fantastic time as well. IPHI was a stock they added at the end of August.

Edited by stbugs
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Yeah, I got this email. I also watched some video on Tuesday where they were pimping their 5G service and did the bold with $VIAV.

Saw that too. I have VIAV on my watchlist but I'm nowhere close to understanding it enough yet. 

4 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Saw that too. I have VIAV on my watchlist but I'm nowhere close to understanding it enough yet. 

I own a little of that as well. After selling FSLY and ZM, want to start spreading some of that around, including some more IPHI, VIAV and maybe some others.

21 hours ago, stbugs said:

Lol. That’s one of the services I got because I needed some more picks as I was too heavy in cash back in June. Unfortunately, I stuck with the 5G pure plays versus the picks that were more like what I already have and had heard about before. Some of the picks were Apple and Square which back in early June were at great prices. I’m up 20% on the picks I bought since June so it’s worked well and returned way more than it cost. Could have been a home run if I bought more of the non-pure plays. I’ve mentioned it before but March/early April were obviously the best times to buy but early June was a fantastic time as well. IPHI was a stock they added at the end of August.

Interesting, I certainly agree that Apple is going to start a lot more 5G adoption/buildout with their new phones.

Even their "special prices" of 1500 feel pretty crazy for picks.

26 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Interesting, I certainly agree that Apple is going to start a lot more 5G adoption/buildout with their new phones.

Even their "special prices" of 1500 feel pretty crazy for picks.

Yeah, I’m not going to say I don’t think I could find them elsewhere but my wife and I work so I don’t have time to scour. Also, they’ve been amazing for me so far. I’ve bought a few services and profited 10-100x+ what I’ve paid. I mean, I wish I had gone with them earlier. I’d be retired already.

I've shifted about $200K to be my "active" portfolio. Most picks going to be boom/bust and the likelyhood is high it blows up in my face. Will be documenting here for those who want to follow along. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

I've shifted about $200K to be my "active" portfolio. Most picks going to be boom/bust and the likelyhood is high it blows up in my face. Will be documenting here for those who want to follow along. 

That is a lot of stocks I haven't heard of

6 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

I get biotechs being part of this but tankers, nat gas, and copper? No tech?

Tankers should be announcing dividends soon. That could take them in a decent little ride if they offer big ones again. Anyone know what to expect on that front? 

7 hours ago, eaganwildcats said:

Post them here too :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

It's his money, but it's definitely not a list that I'd be comfortable with at all.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Well, the "rest" of my portfolio is in a Total Index fund which is heavily weighted toward "tech" if you consider AMZN, AAPL, etc. "tech". So I've got that going for me, which is nice. 

Also: stonks go up, I get it. But when looking at something like $NCNO (I work in the space so its the one I maybe kind of understand) they are trading at something like 35 times revenue while continuing to lose money. The chances they can continue to grow into that valuation seems...low? I am sure there are examples of better 'value' but it just feels extended. And look, a correction will probably never come because so much of everything is just driven by passive fund flows and that's fine because I own that upside in VTI. However, when I look at trying to pick individual stocks even those bearish on tankers see a double in the next 3-4 years - will Amazon be at 6K by then? Maybe, but kinda doubt it. And with something like tankers there is theoretical downside protection because they could just.....sell the ships and are currently trading at like .3-.5 NAV. Trade certainly wasn't the home run I was hoping for right off the jump, but I have hope if I just hold on it will pay off. 

Nat Gas is probably a bad idea, but I don't think Copper is. If one believes in the movement toward green energy copper is going to play a huge role. Whether the random stock I picked will end up panning out - also not sure - but it's a double so far so that's good. 

Anyways, it's certainly true this is all probably going to blow up, but no risk no reward :). I'm relatively young so worst case probably I have to work another year or two. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

Gonna be ugly today

Got some cash sitting. A bunch of earnings coming this week. Planning to nibble and then if earnings aren’t good enough, plenty of beats not moving up, buy more cheaper. If they are good enough then it sort of validates a long term buy.

Just now, stbugs said:

Got some cash sitting. A bunch of earnings coming this week. Planning to nibble and then if earnings aren’t good enough, plenty of beats not moving up, buy more cheaper. If they are good enough then it sort of validates a long term buy.

Pretty much the same. 25% cash. Probably will sit tight today unless amazon tests 3000

RevShark usually recommends OTC stocks but they put out OPK as their stock of the week, which is on NASDAQ. Could buy in premarket and see if you get a spike during regular trading. Total gamble.

• Like 1

A little late to the party, but finally picked up some $BEEM to add to my various renewal dabbles. May start looking more into the lithium/battery space next.

42 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Pretty much the same. 25% cash. Probably will sit tight today unless amazon tests 3000

Welp, all of the things I was looking at are now up. Not a bad thing but I’m up almost a half percent.

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Welp, all of the things I was looking at are now up. Not a bad thing but I’m up almost a half percent.

I added some dht. Nnox is down 5%. Added a few more shares 

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

I have bad news for you. 

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I added some dht. Nnox is down 5%. Added a few more shares 

AMZN doesn’t seem to be headed to 3000. Got 200 NNOX, plenty so that’s just sitting waiting for the approval/demo at the conference. Still in the green. Getting a little bored with the SPACs. So many just sitting around.

1 minute ago, Capella said:

I have bad news for you. 

It’s pushing 25% of my portfolio so I’ll suffer 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, stbugs said:

AMZN doesn’t seem to be headed to 3000. Got 200 NNOX, plenty so that’s just sitting waiting for the approval/demo at the conference. Still in the green. Getting a little bored with the SPACs. So many just sitting around.

Looks like we should be exiting the spacs the after they announce 

4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Looks like we should be exiting the spacs the after they announce 

The only one I truly made a mistake on was FMCI/TTCF. I bought it in the taxable account. Never again. I would have sold even though I believe it will be solid. Mid 20s was the goal but the tax whack would have impacted more than just the one sale so have to keep it. Once it’s past a year I’ll evaluate.

I will say that I still plan to keep some like IPOB, but only if I like the company’s 5 year future. The rest, I agree that a good enough pop means time to go. The funny thing is that the real good pops are the ones you think you might want to keep.

10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

It’s pushing 25% of my portfolio so I’ll suffer 

About 30% of mine with no plans to sell, yet!

RLFTF is up 7% due to being selected to be a part of Operation Warp Speed.  Since the news came from a hard-to-find paper, the stock price could keep rising as more find out.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3665228 (it says August 4th at the top, but another part is from October 25th)

Based on these findings, aviptadil has been selected for inclusion in Operation Warp Speed, administered by the US
Department of Health and Human Services. COVID-19 therapeutics will remain a top priority, no matter how
promising the efforts at vaccine development become. Unlike expensive-to-produce monoclonal antibodies and
difficult-to-scale convalescent plasma, VIP can ultimately be produced at a cost of pennies per dose, if moved from
chemical peptide synthesis to yeast fermentation, as is done for insulin. As such, it may represent a critical
therapeutic for COVID-19 and possibly other viral infections for both the developed and the developing world.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The only one I truly made a mistake on was FMCI/TTCF. I bought it in the taxable account. Never again. I would have sold even though I believe it will be solid. Mid 20s was the goal but the tax whack would have impacted more than just the one sale so have to keep it. Once it’s past a year I’ll evaluate.

I will say that I still plan to keep some like IPOB, but only if I like the company’s 5 year future. The rest, I agree that a good enough pop means time to go. The funny thing is that the real good pops are the ones you think you might want to keep.

As long as you buy near NAV, you will still come out well in the long run. Hard to get excited about TTCF for me.

The only SPAC I bought a month ago that has done much of anything is LOAK, which was post announcement.

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

RevShark usually recommends OTC stocks but they put out OPK as their stock of the week, which is on NASDAQ. Could buy in premarket and see if you get a spike during regular trading. Total gamble.

Sold near the open for 4.5% gain, not bad. Don’t wanna hold this thing, though. 

7 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

As long as you buy near NAV, you will still come out well in the long run. Hard to get excited about TTCF for me.

The only SPAC I bought a month ago that has done much of anything is LOAK, which was post announcement.

I’m still well up on TTCF but I just bought it in the wrong account. I was up almost 100% at one point.

5 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Sold near the open for 4.5% gain, not bad. Don’t wanna hold this thing, though. 

I think I’m good with the risky stuff I have already. Looking to add some more newer stocks I’ve got a little invested in and want more. I’m barely down so actually a good day compared to the market, but some of those stocks have turned red so might jump in this afternoon if it continues to drop a bit.

19 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

RLFTF is up 7% due to being selected to be a part of Operation Warp Speed.  Since the news came from a hard-to-find paper, the stock price could keep rising as more find out.

Can’t believe it’s only up 5%

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Capella said:

Can’t believe it’s only up 5%

Hopefully, this news gets covered by a big news outlet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Hopefully, this news gets covered by a big news outlet.

No kidding. This drug has had some excellent results and now this, and barely moves a drip. 

There is now controversy whether RLF-100 has been accepted to Operation Warp Speed.  Some are claiming the pdf has been updated to say "Corona Virus Tech Watch Program" instead of Operation Warp Speed.  No bueno.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

No kidding. This drug has had some excellent results and now this, and barely moves a drip. 

What are the excellent results? CYDY had some excellent EIND/anecdotal results and even the NEWS stuff in MM was pretty solid. If it’s not a phase 3 type of result, then it’s not really much anymore.

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Don't think I'm buying anything until post-election. Might sell a bunch of non-core stuff. There's .1%  chance Trump concedes if he loses, and the market's not going to like that.

Edited by Sideshow Bob
if. IF. Not being political here. Just a realist.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Don't think I'm buying anything until post-election. Might sell a bunch of non-core stuff. There's .1%  chance Trump concedes if he loses, and the market's not going to like that.

Haven’t dipped my toe in yet. The earnings so far have been solid but clearly the market ran up so they aren’t being met with pops. That said some of my interests aren’t the giants so a really good earnings could miss a big pop. I think I’ll just add a little depending on TWLO and others tonight and tomorrow.