What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Johnny Football (1 Viewer)

wikkidpissah

Footballguy
first time i seen him - dont watch college ball - this kid aint a qb, he's the first football point guard. most fun i've had watchin NCAA activity in a long time.

first time i seen him - dont watch college ball - this kid aint a qb, he's the first football point guard. most fun i've had watchin NCAA activity in a long time.
Agreed I don't understand how people that like football miss any of this guys games. Best football player I've seen in a while. So fast,quick and has great vision of the field (throwing and running). I hope he has a long career in the NFL.

Agreed I don't understand how people that like football miss any of this guys games. Best football player I've seen in a while. So fast,quick and has great vision of the field (throwing and running). I hope he has a long career in the NFL.
He has zero chance of being relevant in the nfl. Best case he will be a Danny woodhead type player

Last edited by a moderator:
Ward might well have if they had today's spreads & multiples then - he was a wonderful football player - but i've never seen a qb who runs like a kick returner but still can toss it.

He has zero chance of being relevant in the nfl. Best case he will be a Danny woodhead type player
I agree with the bolded but hey, that's great as far as I'm concerned. That means he'll be there all 4 years.

How about we watch him play a couple more seasons before making blanket judgments.

I agree with the bolded but hey, that's great as far as I'm concerned. That means he'll be there all 4 years.
He will only play one more season. He's eligible to enter the draft after next year. He's already being mocked as the num 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft. I understand that's too far away to say but it's just giving you an idea of what other people are thinking. Comparing the guy they named the game after to Danny woodhead is a joke. Russell Wilson is no where close to 6'0 and he's having success in the NFL.. I think he will struggle in the NFL but saying he's a Danny Woodhead is ridiculous.

He will only play one more season. He's eligible to enter the draft after next year. He's already being mocked as the num 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft. I understand that's too far away to say but it's just giving you an idea of what other people are thinking. Comparing the guy they named the game after to Danny woodhead is a joke. Russell Wilson is no where close to 6'0 and he's having success in the NFL.. I think he will struggle in the NFL but saying he's a Danny Woodhead is ridiculous.
I respectfully disagree - 1) that running around that he does doesn't work in the NFL 2) his arm strength is lacking. NFL scouts like that less than 3) if the guy is six feet, it's just barely. Draft projection is as much (if not more) about measurables as it is about production.

I respectfully disagree - 1) that running around that he does doesn't work in the NFL 2) his arm strength is lacking. NFL scouts like that less than 3) if the guy is six feet, it's just barely. Draft projection is as much (if not more) about measurables as it is about production.
You make very valid points. But he should be a MuCH better quarterback (strength, intelligence, etc ) in two years. Right now he looks like the 15 year old in the under 12 league. There is time to improve.

honestly, the only guy i can compare him to in my lifetime is Vick. Both were incredibly influential in their freshman year. Will be interesting to follow him and see how the SEC plays him in year 2.

Very fun to watch

Wonder where Jadeveon Clowney goes then :lmao:

You have to be kidding. He will get killed in the nfl if he tries to run, his noodle arm is no where close to he guys in the nfl and he is not as smart as russel wilson. The league has changed significantly since doug flootie played. He is a fun college player to watch. There is no way he goes anywhere near number 1. I would be surprised if he was picked the first day.

You make very valid points. But he should be a MuCH better quarterback (strength, intelligence, etc ) in two years. Right now he looks like the 15 year old in the under 12 league. There is time to improve.
Yea I think every player gets better the more years they play. I'm just saying this kid is going to be projected the num 1 overall pick in 2014 unless he has a horrible year or gets injured. The thing that no one has really talked about is his accuracy and in my opinion he is pretty accurate and crazy accurate on the move. I know there's a lot of hype around this kid and yea his O line is great. The system he plays in is qb friendly. I just think its stupid to say he will not have success at the next level. Only time will tell I hope we get 15 more years of Johnny football.

No one is seriously thinking he is the first pick of 2014. That's just lazy.
Never said he would just seen a Mock draft. Yes I understand its a mock but its just giving you guys an idea that scouts and draft analysts are projecting him in the top 5. If he has another year close to this one why wouldn't he go number one overall? Yes he's short but he's not a midget like Flutie. His arm isn't Aaron Rodgers or Brady strong but he doesn't have a noodle arm. He is plenty accurate. Throws a nice deep ball as we saw a couple times tonight. He's a huge playmaker. He's able to step up in the pocket and make throws. It's just like when Cam came out a lot of people questioned his abilities after just one year but when there is a playmaker at the QB position projected to go that high in the draft i don't think you have much of a choice but to select him 1 overall. He could change the face of your franchise overnight just like Cam and RG3. RG3 is only 6'2 so your so that 2 inches is going to stop a franchise from taking a shot on a similar QB that's just lazy.

so that 2 inches is going to stop a franchise from taking a shot on a similar QB that's just lazy.
But it does. Lazy or not, no 6 foot or under QB will go in the top 5 picks. Not gonna happen.
He's actually listed at 6'1. Whenever he decides to come out he will be the number one overall pick. You would be way to stupid to pass on a star QB like this. Wether or not he pans out is another story. I just can't see an owner or GM passing up on such a big name with so much star potential with the ability to change your franchise overnight. I know Clowney is a freak and others may deserve the number 1 overall pick. Just remember no player will have an impact like the QB in the NFL that's why QBs are drafted number one overall usually. There is still a year or 2 before he declares and anything can happen between now and then. Maybe you guys are right we will see.

so that 2 inches is going to stop a franchise from taking a shot on a similar QB that's just lazy.
But it does. Lazy or not, no 6 foot or under QB will go in the top 5 picks. Not gonna happen.
He's actually listed at 6'1. Whenever he decides to come out he will be the number one overall pick. You would be way to stupid to pass on a star QB like this. Wether or not he pans out is another story. I just can't see an owner or GM passing up on such a big name with so much star potential with the ability to change your franchise overnight. I know Clowney is a freak and others may deserve the number 1 overall pick. Just remember no player will have an impact like the QB in the NFL that's why QBs are drafted number one overall usually. There is still a year or 2 before he declares and anything can happen between now and then. Maybe you guys are right we will see.
Its not debatable right now... Heisman or not.. Clowney would go #1 over Manziel 32/32 it wont change next year unless a significant injury happens to clowney.

They were saying that he's 6'1", wears a size 15 shoe and has gigantic hands. He does look small out there. Listening to the other intangibles they were listing about him makes me think he's got the mental capacity to impress anyone. If Wilson continues to have success next year (and hopefully for another month this year) then size issues may very well be looked at a lot differently in contrast to the other qualities by the time he comes out.

Its not debatable right now... Heisman or not.. Clowney would go #1 over Manziel 32/32 it wont change next year unless a significant injury happens to clowney.
You may be right, but there's no question history is against you. Not a lot of receivers taken first overall, and even less (zero) who have won a championship for the team who gave up that first overall pick for them.

You may be right, but there's no question history is against you. Not a lot of receivers taken first overall, and even less (zero) who have won a championship for the team who gave up that first overall pick for them.
Clowney doesn't play WR, Todd McShay. As far as Johnny football goes, the kid is 20, he's still growing. Let's see what happens next year before we make any judgements one way or another.

You have to be kidding. He will get killed in the nfl if he tries to run, his noodle arm is no where close to he guys in the nfl and he is not as smart as russel wilson. The league has changed significantly since doug flootie played. He is a fun college player to watch. There is no way he goes anywhere near number 1. I would be surprised if he was picked the first day.
LOL - there went your credibility!

No way he gets drafted ahead of Clowney.

Tell that to RG3, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck. The way this league and offenses are going, his opportunities are wide open.

honestly, the only guy i can compare him to in my lifetime is Vick. Both were incredibly influential in their freshman year. Will be interesting to follow him and see how the SEC plays him in year 2. Very fun to watch
And lets see how he does without that great O Line.

Russell Wilson should have gone in the Top 5 this year.
Im a Bucs fan....I'll trade our 6'6" QB for JF right now.

You'd be stupid not to take a risk on a guy with so much marketability. There's a lot less downside to drafting a guy now because of how the rookie salaries work. And don't think for a second that the fact he's a running quarterback who's white has escaped the attention of teams' marketing departments.

Is this guy superior to Tim Tebow? That should tell you where he's going to be drafted. And Tebow worked out pretty well for the team that drafted him. One playoff win and a ton of merchandise sold and then swapped out for Peyton and a fourth round pick.

Clowney doesn't play WR, Todd McShay. As far as Johnny football goes, the kid is 20, he's still growing. Let's see what happens next year before we make and judgements one way or another.
This is the problem with posting late and drunk. Oops. :bag:

Clowney doesn't play WR, Todd McShay. As far as Johnny football goes, the kid is 20, he's still growing. Let's see what happens next year before we make and judgements one way or another.
:suds: Happens to the best of us!

:suds: Happens to the best of us!
The worst part is, I saw 'Clowney' and thought WR. David Clowney? What the hell was I thinking about?

You who are poopooing the idea of Manziel being a top pick may not be aware of how fadhappy is the coach/GMing establishment of the NFL. Ever since people started trying to imitate Bill Walsh, it has been easy to see how actually little innovation there is (without power, it's hours to get ours) in the game and it's painfully obvious from the outside how difficult but popular is imitating the guy who got ahead of the curve. With the actual QB chops of Cam, RG3, Russell (needs a nickname) Wilson delivering on the promise Tebow hinted, prepare for your team-with-QB-probs to go after every Seneca Wallace on the books in the next couplefew yrs. Hell, some Clemson QB who was 2nd-3rd rd on every draft board a month ago is being mocked Top Ten now.

While we're on profootball theory, answer me this - with the influx of multi-positional talents into the NFL, why arent we seeing T-formations or the old HB/FB alignments? Any idiot can see that, instead of wildcatting Tebow and getting Sanchise to squirt his panties from pecking-order panic, FBJesus should be the NYJ fullback. Can run, can block, can throw (so to speak) - put him in a T with McKnight or whatever FFB waiverbait on the Jets has the widest skillset & you have something opponents would actually have to defend and keeps both QB attention hos happy. Hillis and Charles would be the best T since Taylor/Hornung. Why arent Harvin, Cobb, LJames actual halfbacks? OK, i'll go back to flashbacks & furies now. nufced

You who are poopooing the idea of Manziel being a top pick may not be aware of how fadhappy is the coach/GMing establishment of the NFL. Ever since people started trying to imitate Bill Walsh, it has been easy to see how actually little innovation there is (without power, it's hours to get ours) in the game and it's painfully obvious from the outside how difficult but popular is imitating the guy who got ahead of the curve. With the actual QB chops of Cam, RG3, Russell (needs a nickname) Wilson delivering on the promise Tebow hinted, prepare for your team-with-QB-probs to go after every Seneca Wallace on the books in the next couplefew yrs. Hell, some Clemson QB who was 2nd-3rd rd on every draft board a month ago is being mocked Top Ten now.

While we're on profootball theory, answer me this - with the influx of multi-positional talents into the NFL, why arent we seeing T-formations or the old HB/FB alignments? Any idiot can see that, instead of wildcatting Tebow and getting Sanchise to squirt his panties from pecking-order panic, FBJesus should be the NYJ fullback. Can run, can block, can throw (so to speak) - put him in a T with McKnight or whatever FFB waiverbait on the Jets has the widest skillset & you have something opponents would actually have to defend and keeps both QB attention hos happy. Hillis and Charles would be the best T since Taylor/Hornung. Why arent Harvin, Cobb, LJames actual halfbacks? OK, i'll go back to flashbacks & furies now. nufced
Five Eighths, Caramel/Chocolate Flutie, DangerRuss are all ones that I've heard. DangerRuss is his twitter handle so eventually that's probably what will stick.

Five Eighths, Caramel/Chocolate Flutie, DangerRuss are all ones that I've heard. DangerRuss is his twitter handle so eventually that's probably what will stick.
i like Prez

That was the first time Id seen him play. His quicks and field awareness as a runner were sick. That said, his oline completely dominated the game.

Wonder where Jadeveon Clowney goes then :lmao:
:goodposting: Pretty sure that the Jaguars have already signed Clowney after proactively taking him with the first pick in the 2014 draft

I will wager any amount of money that he doesn't go in the top 3 of the nfl draft at any point.

i like Prez
Haven't heard that one.

Manziel himself said he was 6' last night in the interview they aired before the game. First he said '6 feet' then he said '72 inches'. So 6'1 is obviously with shoes, NBA style.

Manziel himself said he was 6' last night in the interview they aired before the game. First he said '6 feet' then he said '72 inches'. So 6'1 is obviously with shoes, NBA style.
The way it was said was as if Eddie George was challenging him on being less than 6'. Like, I'm 6'3" and there's no way I'm only 3" taller than you

I'm willing to put down cash that both Mathews and Joeckel get drafted earlier than Manziel. Not a shocker that casual fans don't recognize how much a QB benefits from playing behind a pair of OTs like that.

i like Prez
Haven't heard that one.
just made it up. my grandad didnt worship so, when he pled his case to the skies, he'd start with "President Wilson,....", so that's the Wilson association in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread