What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (5 Viewers)

Post on The Jeopardy Fan Website purportedly from Mackenzie:

I am naturally just really bad at spelling – Spent a good chunk of my younger years in remedial reading and spelling classes. Eventually I got good enough at memorizing things that I could memorize words I would need for tests or in-class essays. I studied Art History, so I memorized Hieronymus and Agatharchus, but I still can’t spell a lot of much easier words on the spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still in shock that the older guy missed the Music Stars final question:

"On July 26, 1972 he testified before a Senate subcommittee on national penitentiaries"

This seemed like the easiest question all year, unless you were too young to know about the singer.

I'm still in shock that the older guy missed the Music Stars final question:

"On July 26, 1972 he testified before a Senate subcommittee on national penitentiaries"

This seemed like the easiest question all year, unless you were too young to know about the singer.
True.  At least spelling wasn't an issue.

I don't watch every episode, but my wife does.

this past week she said the guy with long hair answered "The Dude Looks Like A Lady" to a question and didn't get penalized for including "The" in the answer.
She said it prevented the defending champ from having a run away, and he lost.  She's still ticked about it.

Anyone catch that?

this past week she said the guy with long hair answered "The Dude Looks Like A Lady" to a question and didn't get penalized for including "The" in the answer.
She said it prevented the defending champ from having a run away, and he lost.  She's still ticked about it.

Anyone catch that?
Maybe they were allowing for the poor titling that Steven Tyler gave the song in the first place.

Mjolnirs said:

Anyone catch that?
My wife and I caught that too. We didn't connect to him losing though.

Anyone catch that?
They have never penalized for including 'the' or 'a' before an answer.  They are consistent about that.

Mr. Ected said:
Anyone catch Sid’s bad answer to the ‘Catalina’ question? Sounded like he didn’t provide a question!
I don't remember in this case.

Sometimes I rewind my DVR because I thought I heard differently.

Usually it's a case of them talking too fast or mumbling and I catch it on the 2nd go through.

Mr. Ected said:
Anyone catch Sid’s bad answer to the ‘Catalina’ question? Sounded like he didn’t provide a question!
I don't remember in this case.

Sometimes I rewind my DVR because I thought I heard differently.

Usually it's a case of them talking too fast or mumbling and I catch it on the 2nd go through.
I guess if they didn't deduct any $$$ from him, he didn't do it. ;)

It was only for $400 or something, so it wasn't going to change the came.

I guess if they didn't deduct any $$$ from him, he didn't do it. ;)

It was only for $400 or something, so it wasn't going to change the came.
They don't deduct for failing to answer as a question on a first-offense in the first round, if that's when it was. They may have warned him, and had it edited out for time. Auto-loss in the DJ round, though.
That must have been it, since it was in the 1st round.

Thanks! 

Wagering by all 3 was horrible.

Probably the worst thing you can do is to be in 1st, get the Final right and somehow not win.  :shock:

She made a weird bet one of the previous nights, too.
Yeah, that was about as bad as you can do.  Even if the category was the "Book of Job" where the only thing that I think I may be able to put down is "uh, who is Job?"  I think I'd still bet enough in that situation.  But "1970s TV shows" did not even rise anywhere close to that level.

Yeah, that was about as bad as you can do.  Even if the category was the "Book of Job" where the only thing that I think I may be able to put down is "uh, who is Job?"  I think I'd still bet enough in that situation.  But "1970s TV shows" did not even rise anywhere close to that level.
The dude answered a show from the 2010s and didn't even seem to realize the category.

One thing about Jeopardy is that you have a night like 2 nights ago where I was answering almost all of the questions correctly and got the Final correct and 2 of the 3 missed it. You feel like a brainiac on those kinds of nights.

Then last night, I couldn't get hardly anything right and had no decent guess on the Final and in fact, had never heard of it (you good history players probably thought it was easy).

Once in a while you have the first case and you feel really good....... for about 24 hours.  :D    :(

A part of me died watching today's show.  That was brutal.
Other than the GOAT Tournament, I can't recall an episode where there were more offhand comments from a contestant and comebacks from Alex. 

"That's what I just said!" "And it's wrong for her, too."
"Sacramento?" "Oh, God!" "He's there, too."

And don't forget answering incorrectly, Alex saying "wrong" and calling on the next contestant who buzzed in, and then spitting out the correct response. "Uh, sorry, you were too late."

And that's the winner!

Hate to criticize college kids, but I can't help noticing that a senior civil engineering/history major lost because she missed a Final Jeopardy about one of the most historic engineering projects ever.
I could give her a bit of slack if it was a regular question, because of time, but because this was a FJ question, it wasn't an instant answer question.

Having the A-Team as the $1000 answer when the clue was based on the theme really showed me how old I really am.  Not sure what day that was since I just record them and binge watch a few episodes at a time.

Having the A-Team as the $1000 answer when the clue was based on the theme really showed me how old I really am.  Not sure what day that was since I just record them and binge watch a few episodes at a time.
You do know that this was also a movie from 2010, right?

Users who are viewing this thread