What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I blanked on a couple but managed to get them in late. One was a question about The Masked Singer. My kid loves that show, and I couldn’t pull it out of my head until the last couple of seconds.

I am slower in answering questions than i was a couple decades ago, which is a big liability for a Jeopardy player. 

But maybe I should rethink trying out based upon some of the players that have made it on the show this season.  :excited:

There have been some solid multi day champions, but the overall skill level seems to have diminished.

You beat me to it.  Is the quality of applicants really that bad these days?
I have no idea how some of these people pass the test.  

ETA: And who bets everything on a DD when you have a $2000+ lead with under a minute left in the game? A last-second Hail Mary guess is all the kept him from being called "Cliffy" for the rest of his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA: And who bets everything on a DD when you have a $2000+ lead with under a minute left in the game? A last-second Hail Mary guess is all the kept him from being called "Cliffy" for the rest of his life.
Correct answer rate is higher for DDs in double Jeopardy than it is for FJ. Plus you know the category. Trying to put the game away is correct strategy unless you hate the category. I'm surprised we don't see it more often.

Correct answer rate is higher for DDs in double Jeopardy than it is for FJ. Plus you know the category. Trying to put the game away is correct strategy unless you hate the category. I'm surprised we don't see it more often.
IIRC, he had already missed 2 questions in the category, so it certainly wasn't a strong subject for him. I would agree with the strategy of betting big IF it was earlier in the game or if you can feel confident in a category. But to risk going to 0 betting on a subject you have demonstrated is not a strong one with less than a minute left instead of hanging onto a lead going into FJ? Still seems shaky to me (although, I admit that the fact that the other DD was still on the board does mitigate it).

Why in the world would he throw away over $1300 with his Aleve answer on FJ?  Bizarre.  He could not have lost, had no clue, so instead got cute, but why that much money?  He didn't even spell "Aleve" correctly.

Why in the world would he throw away over $1300 with his Aleve answer on FJ?  Bizarre.  He could not have lost, had no clue, so instead got cute, but why that much money?  He didn't even spell "Aleve" correctly.
He's probably the worst champ I've ever seen. 

He just got lucky that the DD he bet it all on was a really easy question.

I have no idea how some of these people pass the test.  

I think there was more time left than that. And it was only the first DD of the round, so one of the others could’ve gotten the second and gotten a huge lead. He did find the second a few questions later and bet small.

The schwa is fine with an "a" or "e", but the extra "b" would create a sound that is not there to me.  The judges agreed with you, so definitely fine to think differently on that.
Given the debates around here about whether "don" and "dawn" sound the same, I think region accents account for the difference here.

Anyone else notice how she incorrectly spells every final Jeopardy answer?  Lebbennon.  Fillet O Fish.  There were a couple of others I can't remember.  must be her thing, like the weird numbers James used.

Anyone else notice how she incorrectly spells every final Jeopardy answer?  Lebbennon.  Fillet O Fish.  There were a couple of others I can't remember.  must be her thing, like the weird numbers James used.
It would be pretty good schtick to put down the most incorrect way that could spell it and still get credit... like put down "Phi-lay O Phish" and let them tell you how you are wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does she do wierd numbers also?  I catch an occasional episode when the kids are doing homework.  Yesterday I think the scores going into FJ were like, 20,000-5,000-4,000.  She bet some low/wierd number like 1,205.   Made no sense unless I mis heard one of the other scores.

Users who are viewing this thread