What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lamar Miller, 2016, Infinity and beyond (2 Viewers)

Miller for once didn't disappoint me yesterday. Actually looked good. I hate seeing Daniel Thomas anywhere near this backfield, brings up hauntings of last year. (Miller clearly being the better back, but Thomas getting all the touches).

Miller for once didn't disappoint me yesterday. Actually looked good. I hate seeing Daniel Thomas anywhere near this backfield, brings up hauntings of last year. (Miller clearly being the better back, but Thomas getting all the touches).
This game reminded me too much of last year. Miller running well on the ground but Mia forcing Tannehill to throw far too much. Then you mix in Thomas making another appearance. Ooof.

This game reminded me too much of last year. Miller running well on the ground but Mia forcing Tannehill to throw far too much. Then you mix in Thomas making another appearance. Ooof.
I don't understand the coaching philosophy down there, other than they think Tannehill is Aaron Rodgers or something. Teams like the Giants, and even KC showed this week that running the ball still works in the NFL when you have average or struggling QBs. If the run game was getting stuffed I can understand flinging it all over, but averaging 7.2 a carry and only getting him 15 carries is beyond stupid. This was a game into the 4th quarter. All I can think of is that they have no confidence in giving Miller 20+ carries for some reason, because they had the blueprint week 1 when they had 30+ carries. Weird team.

I don't understand the coaching philosophy down there, other than they think Tannehill is Aaron Rodgers or something. Teams like the Giants, and even KC showed this week that running the ball still works in the NFL when you have average or struggling QBs. If the run game was getting stuffed I can understand flinging it all over, but averaging 7.2 a carry and only getting him 15 carries is beyond stupid. This was a game into the 4th quarter. All I can think of is that they have no confidence in giving Miller 20+ carries for some reason, because they had the blueprint week 1 when they had 30+ carries. Weird team.
Would love to know the difference from Week 1 when RBs ran it like 35 times to the last 2 weeks. Is it just because Moreno is gone and they don't have faith in Williams or Thomas to pick up the extra load?

I completely agree. Miller looked fantastic. He easily had another 40 yards rushing called back on penalties, too, while Tannehill was busy throwing the ball away. Is there a talented backup QB waiting in the wings in Miami or are they (foolishly) all in on Tannehill? He's the weak link in an otherwise good-looking offense.

Rotoworld:

Lamar Miller - RB - Dolphins

Dolphins OC Bill Lazor said Tuesday he hasn't even begun considering how he'll divide carries between Lamar Miller and Knowshon Moreno in Week 6.

Miller is averaging 5.7 YPC, although the Dolphins didn't let him get over 15 carries in either of their last two games. "I hadn't really considered that," Lazor said of the carry split. "I was just excited to see Knowshon out there and to see how he reacts to coming back from his injury. To me, everything looks good. So I hadn't considered a number of carries. ... I probably don't put a whole lot of thinking into that until later in the week, anyway, and it's not always an exact science." Hopefully we'll get more info on the situation as the week moves along. Moreno is fully expected to play in Week 6.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Oct 7 - 7:01 PM

These coaches don't make any sense whatsoever. You've got one of the hottest RBs in the league with the 2nd highest YPC in the NFL and you've given him 3 carries so far in a close game vs. GB? And Moreno comes off an injury with double the carries?

Really hope the Dolphins lose again because of this nonsense.

Well, I think we've put the miller vs Moreno beef to bed.

Guessing morenos value in the passing game, where miller is below par, is making a big difference.

These coaches don't make any sense whatsoever. You've got one of the hottest RBs in the league with the 2nd highest YPC in the NFL and you've given him 3 carries so far in a close game vs. GB? And Moreno comes off an injury with double the carries?

The problem so far is the 19 passes vs. 12 runs, 3 of which are by Tannehill. Why they aren't running more in general is a total mystery.

Yep just ridiculous. I own them both but they act like Lamar is junk and Moreno is AP no matter what Miller does. Almost like Moreno has pictures or something. Odd.

The problem so far is the 19 passes vs. 12 runs, 3 of which are by Tannehill. Why they aren't running more in general is a total mystery.
Right. This was the issue last year as well and one would have thought the new coaching staff was going to fix it.

And there's Miller ripping off big chunks.

Oh hey, look at that, just controlling the ball when Miller is your primary back and moving down the field like it's nothing.

He looked good against maybe the worst rushing defense in football. Also encouraging way Moreno's small roll
I love the subtle little digs people continually make about Miller. He's looked good just about every time they've given him any amount of real work dating back to last year. He's just a good RB. Get used to it.

Coaching incompetence has run amok in the NFL. He's head and shoulders above Moreno's talent and he's like 23 I think.

Coaching incompetence has run amok in the NFL. He's head and shoulders above Moreno's talent and he's like 23 I think.
Moreno was stuffed 3 times at the goal-line in a game where he should have been inactive. Probably cost the Dolphins the game. Philbin should have been fired last year.

He looked good against maybe the worst rushing defense in football. Also encouraging way Moreno's small roll
I love the subtle little digs people continually make about Miller. He's looked good just about every time they've given him any amount of real work dating back to last year. He's just a good RB. Get used to it.
I'm not going to say the Packers rush D is good. They opted to try to take away Marshall and Jeffery against the Bears. Forte torched them, but the Packers still won the game going away. They also got taken to the cleaners by Lynch and Harvin running the ball vs the Seahawks. Just got crushed opening week. The other 4 games, they've been a middle of the road rush D.

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com(20 mins ago) The Dolphins placed running back Knowshon Moreno on season-ending injured reserve because of a torn ACL, the club announced Tuesday.
Miller owners: R-E-L-A-X

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Damien Williams owner.....please be him. Don't waste carries on Daniel Thomas.

Lamar Miller has been great though. With no Moreno he definitely shouldn't be having anybody breathing down his neck.

If Miller was meant to be, now is the time. The Dolphins need to win and they don't exactly have a feared passing attack. Don't be an idiot Philbin, time to give Lamar Miller 15+ a game.

Sell high after Week 8.
No way you're getting fair value selling that soon, or at all based on how he's ran the past few weeks. If you own him in keeper/dynasty, ride the wave, it's just starting its ascent to the crest. He's running well, and has no competition. There's absolutely no way I'd sell now in a keeper format, since you likely bought him this season at a discount. In dynasty, he's got his chance to secure the job now for the rest of this season and the future.

Sometimes, you just enjoy the ride. He's 23 and has minimal if any competition for carries, and is running really well in an offense that's not a top tier, pass first scheme.

Well, as a miller dynasty owner I'm happy that moreno is out of the way now. But what concerned me is the clear lack of faith the coaching staff puts in miller even when he is performing at a high level. Moreno came back and started taking a lot of work away from miller early in the game. I wonder how it would have gone if he didn't get injured.

That said, happy to move forward with miller rest of the way. Thisnis his chance.

Sell high after Week 8.
No way you're getting fair value selling that soon, or at all based on how he's ran the past few weeks. If you own him in keeper/dynasty, ride the wave, it's just starting its ascent to the crest. He's running well, and has no competition. There's absolutely no way I'd sell now in a keeper format, since you likely bought him this season at a discount. In dynasty, he's got his chance to secure the job now for the rest of this season and the future.

Sometimes, you just enjoy the ride. He's 23 and has minimal if any competition for carries, and is running really well in an offense that's not a top tier, pass first scheme.
Had him for sale before last week's game. Could have been had with a 2015 2nd rounder. Now off the table. 13 teams had their chance at Miller and all failed. Now he's a 1st rounder at the end of the season.

mquinnjr said:
Jack White said:
Sell high after Week 8.

My mistake, should have said hell high after Week 8 in redraft leagues.

Main reason: schedule.

Other reasons: His workload has been consistent regardless of whether or not Moreno is playing. It's not like he's going to get DeMarco Murray's workload all of a sudden.

Finally, when teams start keying on him and invite Tannehill to try to beat them, Miller will look pedestrian.

Lamar thus far in PPR scoring is a top 10 RB.....now Moreno is gone.

Expect more. Kid has looked like a different RB this year (lowirng his shoudlers, moving forward, not going down on ankle tackles, looking smooth in the passing game now, pass proctection vastly improved..just a tougher, more confident back back this year)....and this despite last year when given10 plus touches a game with that abortion of an OL and IMO QB produced (when given the work).

Patience with him has paid off for us who have held. Lamar's time is now.

Hopefully this god awful coaching stuff get's it through their heads they can give Lamar 20 touches a game and he will be a playmaker for them. But I know Philbin.....Daniel Thomas will be trotted out for his 3 YPC career average to snake Millers touches.

We shall see. Philbin has to win....if this team loses again in Chicago...then goes to Jax and loses....Philbin will be fired. No question.

lod01 said:
It should be Miller and then Williams. Thomas is a big slow plodder.
Thomas vultured all of Miller's touchdowns last year. Wondering why the Dolphins didn't trust Miller in that spot last year, and what changed this year?

Users who are viewing this thread