What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

★☆★ NFL DRAFT Thread. ★☆★ (1 Viewer)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164738/article/where-will-ryan-nassib-matt-barkley-go-in-draft

Where will Ryan Nassib, Matt Barkley go in draft?By Marc Sessler

Around the League Writer

Front offices around the league have spoken loud and clear about their feelings on this year's class of quarterback prospects.

EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and Mike Glennon are off the board, but plenty of signal-callers are still looking for new homes as Day 3 of the 2013 NFL Draft prepares to launch.

It shouldn't take long for teams to start snatching up passers on Saturday:

» The Jacksonville Jaguars own the first pick of the fourth round (at No. 98) and that's where a quarterback like Matt Barkley of USC might finally come off the board. We expect his wait to continue. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport has reported for days that Jacksonville is high on Syracuse's Ryan Nassib. The Jaguars gambled on Friday, passing on Nassib in favor of safety John Cyprien and cornerback Dwayne Gratz. Now it's time to pounce.

» The Raiders have just two passers -- Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor -- on the roster, meaning Oakland isn't done gathering competition under center. The Raiders own the third selection in Round 4 (at No. 100), but don't pick again until the sixth round. If you're looking to grab a tangible prospect -- Barkley, Nassib, maybe Tyler Wilson out of Arkansas -- waiting another two rounds is risky.

» The Pittsburgh Steelers have hinted at drafting a quarterback since early winter. If passers start disappearing early on Saturday, keep an eye on the Steelers at No. 115. Kevin Colbert and Co. dined last month with Tyler Bray and like the 6-foot-6 passer out of Tennessee. Will dinner lead to something more?

» Teams looking for a read-option-ready passer have Arizona's Matt Scott on the radar. He's a later-round candidate who reportedly has drawn interest from, among others, the Cleveland Browns, who first pick at No. 111 in Round 4.

» NFL.com's Ian Rapoport acknowledged Saturday that "nobody knows" where any of these quarterbacks will wind up, but talked about the Arizona Cardinals and Raiders as potential landing spots for Barkley. Remember back to the NFL Scouting Combine, when NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah reported that the Cardinals were "extremely impressed" with him during his interview in Indianapolis.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

Really rooting for Lattimore. Would love to see him go in the 4th.
Am I missing something? What team would be foolish enough to spend a pick on Lattimore?
49ers have 8 picks today, including a bunch of comp picks they cannot trade.

A good team, with maybe only a few holes to fill, is looking at a 5th or 6th rounder that might be a practice squad OL, or a backup S that you hope can contribute on special teams, why not? Throw him on IR for the year. Potential payoff is really good, don't see why you cannot take a chance.

Really rooting for Lattimore. Would love to see him go in the 4th.
Am I missing something? What team would be foolish enough to spend a pick on Lattimore?
What's the hit rate for typical 5th-round picks? Maybe 15%? I'd guess even lower than that.

If you can get a guy with 1st-round talent who might have a 50% hit rate if healthy, even if he's only got a 1-in-3 chance of returning to health, you're coming out ahead on the deal by getting him in the 5th round.

Interesting stat from ESPN:

All five teams with 7+ picks today were playoff teams last year (GB, SEA, ATL, BAL, SF). Six of the seven teams with 3 or fewer WERE NOT.

Godd pick.

Great value.

Could be the best QB Kelly has had to work with in his career so it should be very iteresting to see how it works out.

Add, very small price to move-up to land him.

I'm shocked. Very interesting since he saw him a lot in the Pac-12 so you'd think he would know him better than anyone.

Can't believe Barkley lasted until the 4th round. I'm sure he's glad he didn't fly out to New York. I think he was invited and turned it down.

I'm shocked. Very interesting since he saw him a lot in the Pac-12 so you'd think he would know him better than anyone.
Sabah did a lot of this in Miami...It just means the coach is biased towards these players, not that they're better.

Kelly is a brilliant coach. Players don't have to fit his system. He'll tailor the system to fit his players.
I really hope this is the case - it would be a refreshing change from the prior regime.

My reluctance towards the Barkley pick is driven much more out of fear they won't give Foles a fair shake. IMO the kid has a really bright future and I hope it'll be while wearing Eagles green.

Sabah did a lot of this in Miami...It just means the coach is biased towards these players, not that they're better.
So Barkley wasn't in the top 5 on every sinle list of players still available? :rolleyes:

BTW....the smilies are horribly organized. the goodposting smilie should be first on the list, not on page 3 or 4

Wonder what Munchak and Mathews will get out of Schwenke. It's not as if the competition at center is star studded

Landry Jones to the Steelers. Wonder if this means Big Ben's injury history is catching up to him - Jones is already 24 so it's not like they're planning to sit him behind Big Ben for a half-decade.

I think he'll possibly be a steal, though.

Users who are viewing this thread