What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (11 Viewers)

You're also forgetting that T.V. show Gendry does everything like thousand times faster than you'd expect. So he could probably forge that thing in 10 minutes. I mean, he's figured out a way to liquify obsidian without anything nearly as hot as a volcano - pretty sure this would be a piece of cake.  ;)
I thought about Gendry as being the most favored blacksmith on the show. You're probably right. He could knock this out on his lunch break.

I could see this meaning a Stark ends up on the throne, but the rest of the Starks are all dead, meaning the winner has the throne, but no real family left. 
I get that, but it could also mean 100s of other things too.  

I'm still sticking with the idea of it finishing with Sam writing the story of the Starks and Targs and not many of the be main characters are alive.  

I get that, but it could also mean 100s of other things too.  

I'm still sticking with the idea of it finishing with Sam writing the story of the Starks and Targs and not many of the be main characters are alive.  
Very true.  There are a thousand ways the show could end, and it's fun to discuss them, but odds are that none of us will be accurate. :lol:  

I am sure that it's been talked about before, but what how about this question - 

Depends how you want to think of it, what are the things you want to see the most (plot-wise) or what you would be disappointed didn't happen in the last 5 episodes?  A few I came up with were: (not in order):

1.  Arya killing a couple people of importance.   We spent way too long on her training and list for this to not pay off.  I am talking Cersei/Mountain/Hound level death here.  

2.  Brianne warming up to the idea of some Wildling love.  

3.  Jaime's arc coming full circle.  BUT a problem I see with this is that for it to happen, he would probably have to take out Cersei, and that would effect #1 on my list.  

4.  Dany dies.  I don't want her around to rule the land after the battle.  

5.  Hound/Mountain battle.  Again, that effects #1 though.  

Overall, I think the biggest issue I see for me personally in the last 5 episodes, is Arya's story being a bit of a dud.  She has been one of the favorites of mine from the start, but I didn't love the season's of training. It just seems to be that other characters might take out people high on her list, which would make her whole training and list a dud.  Maybe these are the issues that made GRRM had and why he stalled out on the books.  

I will put in spoilers just in case people don't want to read this.   I was listening to a podcast today and they were talking about Arya's weapon that she gave to Gendry.  What one of them said it was ( I guess they interviewed a person on the show who helps designs the weapons?):  No spoiler about who she might use it on, just what the weapon might be.  

Evidently it might be more of a spear with one end being Valarian Steel, and the other Dragon Glass.   We have seen her train with something similar in Essos.  I guess then maybe it breaks apart in half and becomes two shorter weapons.  

I dont know what I want to happen. I'm probably good with alot.

I would like an ending though. If they do a Sopranos with this story I will be annoyed.  

I dont know what I want to happen. I'm probably good with alot.

I would like an ending though. If they do a Sopranos with this story I will be annoyed.  
Oh for sure.  Some nonsense like this being in Bran's head after he falls from the tower, then he wakes up at the end would suck hard.  

I am sure that it's been talked about before, but what how about this question - 

Depends how you want to think of it, what are the things you want to see the most (plot-wise) or what you would be disappointed didn't happen in the last 5 episodes?  A few I came up with were: (not in order):

1.  Arya killing a couple people of importance.   We spent way too long on her training and list for this to not pay off.  I am talking Cersei/Mountain/Hound level death here.  

3.  Jaime's arc coming full circle.  BUT a problem I see with this is that for it to happen, he would probably have to take out Cersei, and that would effect #1 on my list.  

Overall, I think the biggest issue I see for me personally in the last 5 episodes, is Arya's story being a bit of a dud.  She has been one of the favorites of mine from the start, but I didn't love the season's of training. It just seems to be that other characters might take out people high on her list, which would make her whole training and list a dud.  Maybe these are the issues that made GRRM had and why he stalled out on the books.  
Mountain and Hound fight and mortality wound each other. Arya sneaks in at the last minute becomes the mountain.  As the Mountain she kills Cersei. 

not sure if this was posted already, but Mac from it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was in this week's episode. just watched the episode again, and found him 

he is on the boat Reek attacks, gets shot in the eye with an arrow

1.  Yes please. 

2.  If this doesn’t happen, I’m gonna be hella pissed. Love is in the air!

3.  Don’t care. Want him to suffer

4. Don’t care. I think she dies

5. It’s been mentioned too many times by the hound. The mountain knows who’s coming for him. 

—————————————————

i took Sansa, in the dorky office pool, to win the “game of thrones”

I think I'm going with Prince Oberyn.  
Very nice choice!

I considered him and Daario Naharis.

Daario got tossed because the TV version ain't near as flamboyant as book Daario.

I only choose Jamie over Oberyn, because I figured I'd have to defend myself in my hood for wearing such a thing - therefore - armor it was.

Very nice choice!

Daario got tossed because the TV version ain't near as flamboyant as book Daario.

I only choose Jamie over Oberyn, because I figured I'd have to defend myself in my hood for wearing such a thing - therefore - armor it was.
You could also go with the "captured Jamie" look.  :mellow:

Very nice choice!

In Portland I can probably get with away with pretty much any of them.

You could also go with the "captured Jamie" look.  :mellow:
Bondage?

Well - that's a step in the right direction.

I will need diapers though...

In Portland I can probably get with away with pretty much any of them.
Well then - I shall reciprocate your fashion advice...

Try this - I really like it!

Plus - you really lucky to live in such an acceptin' place, Urb.

I'm envious.

So, in my opinion, if you are going to say the WW win, or if you're going to say WW lose and X person sits the throne, I think you may be wrong, considering I've watched hours and hours of theory videos and supposedly none are correct.
I read somewhere that GRRM said that someone has guessed it. That one theory out there is correct. I realize that's not saying much as I have no idea which one that is. 

Talking thrones is probably the best one.  
:thumbup: I've pimped a couple of his theories in this thread recently. Incredibly convincing research. Will it happen? I don't care, just enjoy the conversation but if they do, it would revive my faith in something we talked about last week, the complexity of the story of the Game of Thrones. Without the books to provide that intricacy of detail there has been a marked decline in this weaving tale. We've  :deadhorse: , just happy now to discuss and look forward to these next 5 weeks.

Not crazy about this episode either. 'Everyone gets their 15 seconds and one-liner in' seemed to be a major theme. Now only 5 to wrap everything? 
This was my take.  It felt like an SNL anniversary show where they make sure all the stars get a quick segment in. 

One of the most overused scenes in Hollywood, especially this show, is when two characters who haven't seen each other in a while stand about 20 feet apart, look pissed, exchange insults, and then laugh and hug.  I know that's what I do when I haven't seen a loved one in a while.   

This was my take.  It felt like an SNL anniversary show where they make sure all the stars get a quick segment in. 

One of the most overused scenes in Hollywood, especially this show, is when two characters who haven't seen each other in a while stand about 20 feet apart, look pissed, exchange insults, and then laugh and hug.  I know that's what I do when I haven't seen a loved one in a while.   
Y'all realize that if this episode didn't happen, everyone would be #####ing about how did so & so get to X? Or how did everyone just magically come together at Winterfell? This episode needed to happen and regardless of how they handled somebody was going to be disappointed. Hell, I can almost guarantee that there will be critics of every one of these last 5 episodes.

It's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll agree to disagree and be happy with just enjoying these last few shows before it goes away forever.

Y'all realize that if this episode didn't happen, everyone would be #####ing about how did so & so get to X? Or how did everyone just magically come together at Winterfell? This episode needed to happen and regardless of how they handled somebody was going to be disappointed. Hell, I can almost guarantee that there will be critics of every one of these last 5 episodes.

It's cool, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll agree to disagree and be happy with just enjoying these last few shows before it goes away forever.
So it sounds like you'd rate this as one of the better GoT episodes ever made, right?  Otherwise why would you be complaining that other people didn't think it was that great.  

I am worried about a dumb ending because it is “unexpected”. 

Like Euron getting the throne.

Walkers/Dany have a big battle. 

Cersie cleans up the winner.  

Euron reveals he has a secret deal with the Gold Company and they turn on her.

There are some things in the book that imply Euron has a bigger role to play, although they decided to leave those out of the show.  

I am worried about a dumb ending because it is “unexpected”. 

Like Euron getting the throne.

Walkers/Dany have a big battle. 

Cersie cleans up the winner.  

There are some things in the book that imply Euron has a bigger role to play, although they decided to leave those out of the show.  
Yeah, doesn't he have a full set of Valyrian steel armor?

So, who will be next to die?  Pretty surprised that with only 6 episodes left on Sunday, there weren't any deaths (aside from Ned Umber).  We still have what, 25+ big time characters alive and well, and only 5 episodes left?  Someone's going to have to die here pretty quick.

So, who will be next to die?  Pretty surprised that with only 6 episodes left on Sunday, there weren't any deaths (aside from Ned Umber).  We still have what, 25+ big time characters alive and well, and only 5 episodes left?  Someone's going to have to die here pretty quick.
I have several deaths slated for a betting pool I'm in, but really that's only because we're progressing in show-only territory. I kinda suspect that George's original plan was for less death towards the end. Just a hunch. :shrug:

I have several deaths slated for a betting pool I'm in, but really that's only because we're progressing in show-only territory. I kinda suspect that George's original plan was for less death towards the end. Just a hunch. :shrug:
Off the top of my head here...Tyrion, Dany, Jon, Cersei, Jamie, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Gendry, Bronn, Mountain, Hound, Melisandre, Tormund, Theon, Sam, Bri, Varys, Gilly, Mormont, little girl Mormont, Pod, Davos, Grey Worm, Meera, Missandi, night king, one eyed dude that keeps dying.....that's 28.  Are we really going to have 20+ of them survive till the end of the show?

Off the top of my head here...

Tyrion- prob dies

, Dany , Jon- at least one dies. Maybe both

Cersei - could see her dead or slithering off to essos

Jamie - dead as dead gets

,Arya, Bran, Sansa - at least 2 live imo,

Gendry - meh. Too close to call

Bronn - probably dead 

Mountain - dead

Melisandre - already told us she's dead. I believe her. 

Theon - dead as Jaime

Sam - alive

Varys - the route odd Littlefinger. There's no place for him in this new world

Hound,Tormund, Bri, Gilly, Mormont, little girl Mormont, Pod - these are  done of the tough calls to me. Lean dead on most.

Davos - alive

Grey Worm - everything screams he should be one of the first to die at winterfell,  so I'll say alive.

Meera - probably never see her again, so alive?

Missandi - no clue. All men must die. But we are not men. So... alive.

night king - either Jon kills him or they just figure out a way to get rid of him again. Not sure which. Dead.

one eyed dude that keeps dying - beric is dead imo

.....that's 28.  Are we really going to have 20+ of them survive till the end of the show?

That would be a rookie move by Cersei. He won't make it out of whatever battle he engages in either through an enemy taking him out or Cersei putting a shadow on him and taking him out once the festivities are done. She isn't going to let him live.

Well keep in mind a good portion of the main characters are grouped at Winterfell now bracing for a seemingly unwinnable battle with an army of dead. I think by the end of episode 3 those 25+ will be down to 10 or less. And then we have the battle for the Seven Kingdoms i.e. Cersei vs the Winner of Winterfell. I don;t think it will be hard to whittle the list down fairly quickly in a believable, acceptable manner.

Watched some youtuber.......there was a scene with uncle benjen and bran....benjen tells him to wait for the night king at the wierwood tree.......the mysterious symbol left by the ww is a spiral seen when the childern of the forest created the nk at wierwood tree...again in the snow the symbol is seen....somehow bran the trees and the nk are all connected......in the books red women is telling jon snow to burn the trees down

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread