Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
belljr

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory

Just watched the battle where the dead stormed the castle.  Thought it was an awesome episode. 

Not entirely sure where Arya came from to jump 5 feet and land on the Night King, but all in all a damn good episode.  

Are the 20 main characters the only people still left alive?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Just watched the battle where the dead stormed the castle.  Thought it was an awesome episode. 

Not entirely sure where Arya came from to jump 5 feet and land on the Night King, but all in all a damn good episode.  

Are the 20 main characters the only people still left alive?

A lot of people still alive but the armies were definitely crushed.  In the minutes right after the night king dies, you see the dead collapse but also some of the living armies that were losing make it out alive. 

Here's a couple older scenes that help with the arya thing

https://youtu.be/9bI6h_9K4s0 - I knew I'd seen that move before

https://youtu.be/DPJ399yxdJU - how did you sneak up on me

You can go back to season 1 and see her sneak up on someone in winterfell in the exact same spot, too. This is a very rewatchable show, especially the first 4 seasons. 

On 9/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, Thunderlips said:

I can't defend the pact of the show at the end. I'm not going to even try. It shouldn't have been 6 episodes...or if it were...it should have been 2 hour long episodes.  I wonder though if that matters when one goes back and binge watches it.

Winter coming wasn't rushed aside though.  It was a build up from the prologue of the first episode of S1.  There had to be an ending to it.......besides that, it was never the central focus of the realm.  It was secondary story to the actual "Game of Thrones". 

I like where Jon ended up to. He grew somewhat as a character.....and I think the optimal path in life for him would have been if he "stayed in the cave" with Ygritte......but in the end, a man of the North (because he was a Stark to the core) ended up in the True North.  That's perfect.  

Well said.

I get some of the criticism of the last season and agree with much of it, but this idea that the White Walkers story ended too fast is bunk.  Everything built to a showdown between the Night King and the Army of the Dead against the living, which we got.  The living won.  I guess some wanted the Night King to kill everyone in the North (that battle only had two legit ways of ending: the Night King kills everyone in the North and moves South to go after them, or the living kill the Night King and win the war) and then go South and kill everyone there, too.  Yeah, that would have been a real fun finish, all of the living wiped out and the Night King sitting on the Iron Throne. :lol:

As for Jon, yep, that was the perfect ending for him.  Zero quibbles about that at all.

Edited by Ghost Rider
  • Like 1

About to watch the series finale.

So far so great.  The final season has been awesome.  Is the finale so awful it ruins the entire 8 seasons or something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

So far so great.  The final season has been awesome.  Is the finale so awful it ruins the entire 8 seasons or something?

IF you've been o.k. with the rest of the season, you'll probably be o.k. with the last episode.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:25 PM, Sinn Fein said:

But the Targaryens lost the throne, and any hereditary rights.

Robert Baratheon took the throne.

Then Cersei Lannister took the throne.

Since Cersie's children all died before her, and her older sibling died with her, then Cersie's younger brother would have been next in line - All Hail King Tyrion!

And Tyrion wanted it to be Bran.  So it does kind of make sense.  They just botched the delivery in its entirety from Season 5 on (other than Season 6).

28 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

IF you've been o.k. with the rest of the season, you'll probably be o.k. with the last episode.

The end was very meh.  

However, what was wrong with every episode leading up to it?  

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Only if you read this thread