What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (3 Viewers)

Glad to finally have Gronkowski and Graham together on the field, but most of my other guys lacked production and McFadden again fell off the map. Besides Graham's 9 catches for 116 yds and TDs and Gronkowski's 9 catches for 143 and 1 TD, I managed only about 85 points. I still have Rodgers and Forte, but will need good games from them both to compete this week.

My team finally came back together somewhat. Done with a solid 137, despite a goose egg from Nate Washington.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good News - As a team we are ahead of par this week.

Bed News - Sports Outlaws had a dominating week currently holding 2nd, 3rd, 10th, 24th, 26th, 32nd, 40th, 42nd, 57th, 63rd, 69th, and 94th.

I am just starting to see the light when it comes to family stuff and hope to be able to spend a little more time researching WW FAs...in the mean time, would anyone mind starting a post on good FAs we should be targeting this week?

I am just starting to see the light when it comes to family stuff and hope to be able to spend a little more time researching WW FAs...in the mean time, would anyone mind starting a post on good FAs we should be targeting this week?
Good to hear SL.

QB

Eli Manning - Has a pretty tasty matchup this week and a bunch of potential high scoring games on the horizon.

Cutler - May be back this week. Pretty consistant 20+ ppg performer.

Foles - There are 5 versions of him out there.

RB

B. Brown - I believe we have some McCoy owners here

Hillis - Has he secured the job in NY?

Ivory/Powell - It's a starting NFL back.

WR

Cooper - 5 versions of Foles favorite target available.

Manningham - Heard he's back this week.

Underwood - Double digit week against quality D last week.

TE

Not much, maybe Zach Miller and a prayer.

D

Miami - Plays TB this week if you need a fillin.

K

Lots of options. I like Novak on a high scoring SD team and I like Dawson to bounce back. I'll likely be cutting Crosby this week.

i've found myself chasing points a bunch this year....and I hate that...it's not how I play this hobby...and I don't even want to know how many wins those point chasing lineup decisions have cost me.....I'm circling the wagons and unless there is something that sticks out like a sore thumb as an obvious move to make I'm dancing with the ##### that brought me....like most, I'm through the bye weeks for the most part....it's plug and play time and I think that is when we were at our best like earlier in the season.....good luck fellas

i've run into some really weird #### this year....I am averging the most weekly points on our team but also averging the most weekly points against .....total points against I am leaving you guys in the dust....kinda sucks

i've run into some really weird #### this year....I am averging the most weekly points on our team but also averging the most weekly points against .....total points against I am leaving you guys in the dust....kinda sucks
Yeah, sucks. I've outscored 4 others on our team, yet I have the worst record. I guess that's our kind of luck, huh? Injuries and ineffectiveness has killed my team...

Any one you guys after me in the waiver order need Foles? I might grab him to keep him off of one on the top teams if they have Rodgers.

If one of you is eyeing him, I'll let him slide.

Trying to work a trade is frustrating. One guys posts exactly want he wants and then turns down two good offers w/o countering. Had another offer along the lines of for Boldin for Gates. Everyone seems to be wanting a TE but only wants to pay about 0.7 pts for every 1.0 pts the TE offers.

Any thoughts on RG3 v. Romo this week? I'll also be starting Dez, Murray, and Witten.

Dodds has RG3 projected at 19.5 and Romo at roughly 17.5. Dodds sees Minny scoring 25 pts and pushing Washington with Dallas only scoring 23 (Wash to score 27). I kind of thought Wash would bury Minny early and run it down their throats. Seems like he's higher on the Minny offense.

BassNBrew said:
Any thoughts on RG3 v. Romo this week? I'll also be starting Dez, Murray, and Witten.

Dodds has RG3 projected at 19.5 and Romo at roughly 17.5. Dodds sees Minny scoring 25 pts and pushing Washington with Dallas only scoring 23 (Wash to score 27). I kind of thought Wash would bury Minny early and run it down their throats. Seems like he's higher on the Minny offense.
hard to sit Romo right now.....they will need to score against NO

BassNBrew said:

hard to sit Romo right now.....they will need to score against NO
I agree that it could be a shoot-out in the Dome and several Thursday night games have had low scores for whatever reason.

Just made another trade. Sent Gates for Jeffrey. Traded Gates consistancy for another explosive player. My roster is down to 5 of the original drafted players (bolded)

QB - RG3/Romo

RB - Murray/SJax/Vereen/Ridley/Bell

WR - Dex/CJ/Jeffrey/Moore/Burleson

TE - Witten/Cameron

K - Prater/Crosby

D - Denver/Tenn

BassNBrew said:

Would lean towards Romo, but it can be hard to start 4 players on the same team and feel comfortable.

I have a dilemma at QB also, in multiple leagues including the IBL: Foles or Rivers? Rivers has been a top 5 QB and pretty steady, but Foles and the Eagles offense might have the highest ceiling in the NFL.

BassNBrew said:

Would lean towards Romo, but it can be hard to start 4 players on the same team and feel comfortable.

I have a dilemma at QB also, in multiple leagues including the IBL: Foles or Rivers? Rivers has been a top 5 QB and pretty steady, but Foles and the Eagles offense might have the highest ceiling in the NFL.
That's why I'm leaning RG3. If Romo goes off hopefully I'll pick up the production from Dez and Witten.

I've been wrong all year on these calls, but I'd lean Rivers. Denver is going to force them to pass to stay in the game. I believe Foles is at GB. I also think we have 5 Foles owners among us.

Phew...running Quiz as my RB2 was nerve-wracking. Very psyched to have Pierre Thomas on team Sweet Love.

Thoughts on something...

I just dropped Geno for Pryor, but thinking maybe I should have dropped Vick. We are just at a point in the year where you need the guys who will be there each week (which is why I dropped David Wilson). Should I go back and get Geno and drop Vick?

BTW, I hate owning QBs that get their points with their legs...

Phew...running Quiz as my RB2 was nerve-wracking. Very psyched to have Pierre Thomas on team Sweet Love.

Thoughts on something...

I just dropped Geno for Pryor, but thinking maybe I should have dropped Vick. We are just at a point in the year where you need the guys who will be there each week (which is why I dropped David Wilson). Should I go back and get Geno and drop Vick?

this is totally IMO.....if Foles has another good game, I think he puts the stranglehold on the position.....so adding Geno might be the way to go....however, IMO....I might rather roll with Jason Campbell....I think he keeps the job all year and CLE really can't run.....I think Campbell is under the radar right now.....he has weapons Gordon/Cameron.....and there was even a pretty big Little/Bess sighting last week....CLE gonna chuck it....

please see mine below....

Thoughts on something...

Not a fan of Geno's finishing schedule. I might prefer Locker.

early WDIS help...

Bush at CHI

Johnson vs JAC

Woodhead vs DEN

currently have Bush and Johnson in and it may seem like a no brainer, but really hate sitting Woodhead in his matchup at home against DEN....

Thoughts on something...

this is totally IMO.....if Foles has another good game, I think he puts the stranglehold on the position.....so adding Geno might be the way to go....however, IMO....I might rather roll with Jason Campbell....I think he keeps the job all year and CLE really can't run.....I think Campbell is under the radar right now.....he has weapons Gordon/Cameron.....and there was even a pretty big Little/Bess sighting last week....CLE gonna chuck it....

please see mine below....
I don't want to see anything of yours below.

early WDIS help...

Bush at CHI

Johnson vs JAC

Woodhead vs DEN

currently have Bush and Johnson in and it may seem like a no brainer, but really hate sitting Woodhead in his matchup at home against DEN....
I think you got to go that route. Woodhead seems like a gimmick. Great start this week, but limited upside. He's top out at 36 rushing yards this year. Bush/Johnson could have big weeks and their floor is probably still higher than Woodheads. Got to think Denver game plans for Woodhead with Von Miller.

Stinkin Ref said:
early WDIS help...

Bush at CHI

Johnson vs JAC

Woodhead vs DEN

Bush without fail...could see going Woodhead over CJ. I might just do that in this format.

That's why I'm leaning RG3. If Romo goes off hopefully I'll pick up the production from Dez and Witten.

I've been wrong all year on these calls, but I'd lean Rivers. Denver is going to force them to pass to stay in the game. I believe Foles is at GB. I also think we have 5 Foles owners among us.
Foles is on the road....but over the last 14 months, that's been a POSITIVE thing for the Eagles offense

Still struggling with my RIvers/Foles call. I've gone against my gut and with consensus rankings a lot this year....and it's been the wrong call 3/4 of the time. I expect a good game from Rivers today, but my gut is telling me Foles lights up the Packers.

Still struggling with my RIvers/Foles call. I've gone against my gut and with consensus rankings a lot this year....and it's been the wrong call 3/4 of the time. I expect a good game from Rivers today, but my gut is telling me Foles lights up the Packers.
I really don't know what to tell you on that one. I would say that Ellington would be my call over Moore and possibly Sanders.

I really don't know what to tell you on that one. I would say that Ellington would be my call over Moore and possibly Sanders.
Was considering Ellington too, based on the latest reports coming out. Hard to get a handle on Arizona though.

ETA: This is a team league, so going with consensus at QB (Rivers), although I'm running Foles in two other leagues (one over Rivers). Did change to Ellington over Moore also.

Was considering Ellington too, based on the latest reports coming out. Hard to get a handle on Arizona though.

ETA: This is a team league, so going with consensus at QB (Rivers), although I'm running Foles in two other leagues (one over Rivers). Did change to Ellington over Moore also.
We have three other Foles owners in this league. If you end up making a big whiff here, our team should come out very well today.

We have three other Foles owners in this league. If you end up making a big whiff here, our team should come out very well today.
220/3/0 with 32 rushing through 3 quarters. Wish I'd stuck with my gut but glad it bodes well for all of us :)

Man, my team continues to crap the bed. Ryan is done. I thought for sure he'd be a great start each week, starting the season. But he has been horrible from the moment he lost his binky (a.k.a. Julio and Roddy).

Injuries have killed this team. But even then, whatever WRs I throw out there, at least one will get a 0 (this week, Austin Pettis, despite them putting up 38 on Indy - not even a catch!) or less than 5 (this week, Lance Moore, despite NO putting a 49 spot on Dallas - one catch the entire game, Lance, really!?).

Man, my team continues to crap the bed. Ryan is done. I thought for sure he'd be a great start each week, starting the season. But he has been horrible from the moment he lost his binky (a.k.a. Julio and Roddy).

Injuries have killed this team. But even then, whatever WRs I throw out there, at least one will get a 0 (this week, Austin Pettis, despite them putting up 38 on Indy - not even a catch!) or less than 5 (this week, Lance Moore, despite NO putting a 49 spot on Dallas - one catch the entire game, Lance, really!?).
FAs available

Austin - Should see plenty of playing time now.

Kearse - Two straight double digit weeks. Should be good until Harvin comes back.

Mccuster - Favorable schedule for scoring coming up

Terrible week...hoping to go 3-4 on the week (2-4 is already determined). 85 points on my bench (and that was with my backup QB out)...Welker and Witten could not even muster 10 points between the two of them.

Left my new toy (Pierre Thomas) and his 30 points on the bench!

Users who are viewing this thread