What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 IBL (1 Viewer)

@renesauz - any idea what's going on with the MFL schedules for Week 13-16? I thought in the playoffs we were supposed to be matched up against the opponents in our tier, but it's showing me in H2H's with teams from all 4 tiers.

In fact @Stinkin Ref and I are supposedly playing the exact same sets of opponents this week. Something definitely ain't right.

:wall:

Coming in as the 23-seed in a 24-team bracket, I had the perfect opportunity to employ a David Strategy (maximizing variance as an underdog) by stacking Smith and Kelce and I just plain forgot about the option - started Winston over Smith. No excuse for not going 6-0 this week, none whatsoever.

Still managed to put up 130 even though my bench outscored my starters. 3 wins locked in, should get 4 unless AB has another Week 11-type game and a shot at 5 if Bell stays under 22 points. Lost the remaining game by 2.6.

Man, am I going to be kicking myself if I manage to make a title run and lose by a game or two.

Got lucky...got three wins with 100 points.  If I had just five more points, I would have gone 5-1.

BnB...I just noticed you have 33,333 posts on FBG...never post again or you lose the lucky "threes".

Off to a rough start...had a "feeling" about Ginn, and started him when I should have gone with Freeman (was scared he would take one lick and back in the protocol).

Sitting at 111 with Freeman to go.  Think I am in pretty good shape (still can't figure out who my opponents are starting).

Hey all.  I believe this starts in early July, and I just wanted to let everyone know I would like to participate again, but will be out of the loop for the next 4 weeks.  It should not have an impact on the draft, etc., but when putting the team together, please count me in.

ETA:  We should also see about getting a private forum so our opponents do not know exactly what we are doing, get a contact list going, etc.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all.  I believe this starts in early July, and I just wanted to let everyone know I would like to participate again, but will be out of the loop for the next 4 weeks.  It should not have an impact on the draft, etc., but when putting the team together, please count me in.

ETA:  We should also see about getting a private forum so our opponents do not know exactly what we are doing, get a contact list going, etc.  
@Aaron Rudnicki  I believe you would be the best person to check into a FBG private subform.  I believe the software can handle it.  I know it will take a little bit of someone's time, but us participating there has to drive some favorable pr to the site.  At least Dodd's calculator hits.

1.) I'm in again if needed. My favorite league and always proud to represent FBG. (I enjoy telling my friends about this league and how challenging it is.)

b.) Put me down for a another vote for a private forum. The software can easily handle it....there is a private staff forum here, no doubt, and there used to be a private news blogger forum (I was once a member of that when the news blogger staff handled all NFL news - 10+ years ago.)

☆.) Let's not forget Cobalt Clash either as I feel he got the bums rush last year.

eta: sorry, meant Clash

I appreciate the opportunity last season but I found I just don’t have the time to commit to this adequately and I don’t want to drag things down for the FBGs team. So feel free to replace me. Thanks guys and good luck 

I appreciate the opportunity last season but I found I just don’t have the time to commit to this adequately and I don’t want to drag things down for the FBGs team. So feel free to replace me. Thanks guys and good luck 
Sorry to hear that...hopefully next year.

1.) I'm in again if needed. My favorite league and always proud to represent FBG. (I enjoy telling my friends about this league and how challenging it is.)

b.) Put me down for a another vote for a private forum. The software can easily handle it....there is a private staff forum here, no doubt, and there used to be a private news blogger forum (I was once a member of that when the news blogger staff handled all NFL news - 10+ years ago.)

☆.) Let's not forget Cobalt either as I feel he got the bums rush last year.
That is what I would guess, but even if they can't, is there any kind of service where you can build your own, small forum?

That is what I would guess, but even if they can't, is there any kind of service where you can build your own, small forum?
We have two staff members on this team. If they can't convince DD & JB to provide us one...oh well. I'm not spending a penny of my money to use a service only 12 of us will use in any given year. I'd rather clear out my PM box and use it for group chat.

I had to sit out last year after participating the previous 2. If there is a need for me, I would like to jump back in the fray. 

Another vote for a closed forum. 

Like Sean Payton in 2012 .........I  took my medicine....served my year “ suspension “ and I’m ready to get back in if you guys will have me back.....and if there’s a position available this season.......I hope everyone is doing well 

Like Sean Payton in 2012 .........I  took my medicine....served my year “ suspension “ and I’m ready to get back in if you guys will have me back.....and if there’s a position available this season.......I hope everyone is doing well 
I was only place holding so you should resume control of your team from me.

I may see if Ref will have me back if he can get over the tweets about how bad he sucks at ff and doesn't mind my big collars.

***UPDATE***

we have a new private team forum here. I just need to know team members so I can provide them with access.
That is awesome Aaron. I imagine Rene will be setting up the team and its members as soon as he hears from the lead guys at IBL.

Thanks for making this happen!!

Clash of the Titans said:
I think BroncoFreak has already bowed out, so that opens a slot.....so you are in as far as I am concerned.....

BassNBrew said:
I was only place holding so you should resume control of your team from me.

I may see if Ref will have me back if he can get over the tweets about how bad he sucks at ff and doesn't mind my big collars.
would love to have you back (believe me) as a partner in crime, but I think our FBG team as a whole is stronger with you having a squad....

Thanks for the kind words guys.......as much as I would love to come back ....I don’t wanna take Bass’s spot unless he really wants to leave .......he’s the heart and soul of our team......I enjoy his insight and draft/trading prowess......just keep me posted and make sure you think long and hard about it Bass.........

Thanks for the kind words guys.......as much as I would love to come back ....I don’t wanna take Bass’s spot unless he really wants to leave .......he’s the heart and soul of our team......I enjoy his insight and draft/trading prowess......just keep me posted and make sure you think long and hard about it Bass.........
as mentioned earlier...BroncoFreak already tapped out....so there is a spot even with Bass going solo...

also....without even asking if he is interested ...I would like to nominate/motion for @Mr. Irrelevant to be given the keys to the back up commissioner car to handle things in Renesauz's absence....I get too emotional and cry about stuff like a little #####....and I don't think they like Bass that much either...

Thanks, but it's your team.  I'd rather team up with Ref.  I just don't have the time to devote to this which will be required for team FBG to rise back to the top.  

Thanks, but it's your team.  I'd rather team up with Ref.  I just don't have the time to devote to this which will be required for team FBG to rise back to the top.  
Fair enough..........glad you can at least assist fielding a team this season Bass.....I’m ready to get going and win back the title!  Suit me up and put me in coach! When will this new forum be created so we can begin preparing battle plans ? ??

Bass is a huge asset to the Ref war room so I’m excited....its good for team Ref....but if my Missouri math is correct that still leaves us down one with BroncoFreak tapping out....

I posted earlier but will again. I stepped away last year, but would like back in if there is an opening. 

bro1ncos said:
I posted earlier but will again. I stepped away last year, but would like back in if there is an opening. 
Cool...sorry if I missed that....so we should be good to go then if bro1ncos takes broncofreaks spot

So far I have:

Renesauz

Ruffrodys

CLash (back from suspension!)

StinkinRef/BassnBrew

Duckboy

Mr Irrelevant

Aaron Rudnicki

Sweet Love

Bro1ncos

Need to hear from Old Milwaukee, Gringo,  and btsw for the last 3 spots. Anyone else paying attention and wanting a spot can post in here as an alternate.......

Still in relatively early stage of organizing, but IBL forums will be hosted at Sharks again

So far I have:

Renesauz

Ruffrodys

StinkinRef/BassnBrew

Duckboy

Mr Irrelevant

Aaron Rudnicki

Sweet Love

Bro1ncos

Need to hear from Old Milwaukee, Gringo,  and btsw for the last 3 spots. Anyone else paying attention and wanting a spot can post in here as an alternate.......

Still in relatively early stage of organizing, but IBL forums will be hosted at Sharks again
in

So far I have:

Renesauz

Ruffrodys

StinkinRef/BassnBrew

Duckboy

Mr Irrelevant

Aaron Rudnicki

Sweet Love

Bro1ncos

we kind of had some issues last year with Gringo....not trying to throw anybody under the bus....I think he should be replaced......

throwing out some guys/options from the survivors/anarchy

ShadowFax

BSS

Fro

OZ

Nittany

think any would be a great addition 

Stinkin Ref said:
we kind of had some issues last year with Gringo....not trying to throw anybody under the bus....I think he should be replaced......
Yup...Not a single waiver request during the regular waiver period.  Kind of a double whammy because not only did his team lose ground, the other teams we are competing against scooped up that talent he passed on.  

Yup...Not a single waiver request during the regular waiver period.  Kind of a double whammy because not only did his team lose ground, the other teams we are competing against scooped up that talent he passed on.  
Is this not Dave Bakers team? Staff, or former staff here at FBG? Maybe I'm mistaken.....

Users who are viewing this thread