What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (3 Viewers)

Giving some thought to Clive Walford over him this week. Packers are bleeding production to TEs lately. Can't believe it's come to this.

K. Rudolph on the wire.

Had 6 catches @AZ last week against that tough D and the MN offense seems to be a) hand off to AP or b) play action roll out look for Rudolph.

And last I remember, J. Reed was absolutely riddling the Bears with catches (even though statistically they've been pretty tough vs. TEs all year).

Has been and will continue to be benched for Reed, regardless of match-up. Reed isn't Gronk but I like the consistency of targets and TD threat. Kelce cannot be trusted unfortunately and it's been that way since before mid-season. Thought the various injuries to Charles, Maclin etc would make a difference. Nope, Smith either runs them in or passes to anyone else he can find in the red zone. Reed for the playoffs, don't care who the Skins are playing.

Benching him for Heath Miller this week. If I'm lucky enough to survive, I will likely go back to him next week as the Steelers get the Ravens week 16.

Benching him for Heath Miller this week. If I'm lucky enough to survive, I will likely go back to him next week as the Steelers get the Ravens week 16.
Same here. I am really liking Miller this week, even though it's the Broncos he's facing. I think Ben will go to him often as the WRs are locked down by Harris & Talib; Miller easily will be a top 5 TE this week. Plus, screw Kelce/Reid/Smith...whoever is most responsible for Kelce being such an also-ran fantasy TE option.

Zach Miller over Kelce for me this weekend. While hindsight is always 20/20, last season before OBJ had set foot on an NFL field and Kelce was being called "Baby Gronk"...ya, I traded OBJ for Kelce.

:wall: :wall:

Zach Miller over Kelce for me this weekend. While hindsight is always 20/20, last season before OBJ had set foot on an NFL field and Kelce was being called "Baby Gronk"...ya, I traded OBJ for Kelce.

Not only am I starting Zach Miller over Kelce, I just dumped Kelce in my redraft league. It's Miller time.

Bloom's projections out.

Of the usual suspects who could be still available on waivers, Bloom ranks Vernon Davis (#6) and H. Miller (#8) ahead of T. Kelce (#11). This is the first time I've seen Kelce drop this low.

Starting to warm up to V. Davis. Denver will have to throw to keep up with the Steelers and Brock isn't the biggest fan of going deep down the sidelines.

Bloom's projections out.

Of the usual suspects who could be still available on waivers, Bloom ranks Vernon Davis (#6) and H. Miller (#8) ahead of T. Kelce (#11). This is the first time I've seen Kelce drop this low.

Starting to warm up to V. Davis. Denver will have to throw to keep up with the Steelers and Brock isn't the biggest fan of going deep down the sidelines.
It is nice to see that someone finally drop Kelce down in rankings. I've looked at a couple other rankings (including the service I subscribe too, not FBG) & Kelce is inexplicably still ranked top 5.

:shrug: Heath Miller had 10 receptions just last week. Ben will go to him if other matchups look tough.
and that was pretty much his only good game all year
Yeah, he's only had two "good" productive games this year, both against Cincy. But he has also had 3 double digit target games (two more than Kelce has had), and Miller has been trending upward, averaging 8.4 targets/game over his last 5 games (I know...arbitrary endpoints). Kelce on the other hand, seems to be more marginalized by the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom's projections out.

Alright... I normally don 't like to do this, but I really feel like getting stupid in week 15!!!

Have a seat Travis. You're up VD.

Oooooo. Dude, early today I inadvertently slapped myself in the nuts. I just felt the same pain reading that. I'm sorry man.

If Eifert is out this week I think Im still rolling with Kelce...I still trust him more than the guys on my WW - Rodgers, Tye, Ertz, Fleener, Ebron, etc.

Deciding between TK and Delanie. I get the feeling NE will scheme to take him away.

Seemed the Jets did too until the final drive for Tenn

Going with Gates over Kelce.
Same here. Should have done that this past Sunday but the one clunker Antonio has had over the past 5 games was against KC when he only had 1 reception for 6 yards so I overthought that one when Gates has simply been better.

Comparison of the two over the past 5 games.

Kelce

1. 5 for 36

2. 5 for 46

3. 4 for 69 and 1 TD

4. 2 for 42

5. 3 for 18

Averaged over past five games for Kelce: 3.8 receptions per game for 42.2 yars per game and .20 TDs per game.

Gates

1. 4 for 69

2. 1 for 6

3. 4 for 53 and 2 TDs

4. 6 for 50

5. 6 for 76

Averaged over past five games: 4.2 receptions per game for 50.8 yards per game and .40 TDs per game.

JohnnyU said:
Sarlakticacid said:
Deciding between TK and Delanie. I get the feeling NE will scheme to take him away.

Seemed the Jets did too until the final drive for Tenn
I read that today on Rotoworld and NE taking away Walker probably isn't that hard to do if you're Evil Bill.
Don't own Walker but he's been the # 1 or 2 TE for almost any artificial end point the last 3-8 games in PPR. Most targets, receptions & yards of any TE the last 5-6 games. If you've been riding him, that's tough to bench him.

I get a bonus for 5 catches which Kelce had a nice run of until the last couple weeks. Of course I'd start a Gates type TE over him, but Kelce can easily give you a 5/80 1 TD game

Tough matchup for Kelce. I am rolling with Rodgers vs Oak. I think Oak is ranked last vs TE and Aaron doesn't seem to have anyone else that can catch the ball for TDs.

Was set to bench him til I read the daily email from fbg.....
They been pushing him hard all season. He had 1 great week, week 1 on a coverage breakdown. I think that the first impression bias has lasted all year from that game. I think he only had two other decent games of around 10-12 and the rest were single digit. What exactly changed this week to give you confidence?

Nothing really. I know the Ravens pass D is porous and he should be getting more targets. But, you're right, he has not been productive and I don't have any real reason to believe otherwise. I guess I would feel a little better if fbg agreed.

Isotopes said:
Nothing really. I know the Ravens pass D is porous and he should be getting more targets. But, you're right, he has not been productive and I don't have any real reason to believe otherwise. I guess I would feel a little better if fbg agreed.
His last two matchups were against two of the worst teams in the league in terms of defending TEs. I don't think matchups matter anymore. Kelce is more than capable of going off against anyone and he's WAY overdue for another big game. But the usage has gone from bad to deplorable of late and the Chiefs keep winning so there's no reason to think they'll change anything now.

If you have a sure-fire Top 10 TE like Reed, Gates, Thomas, Walker etc. it's a no-brainer in my opinion to start them over Kelce. Where it gets tougher is when you dip into the TEs in the 15-25 range who might have really good matchups (like Ebron or Walford for example this week). We've reached the point where someone like that could easily outperform Kelce but it takes some serious stones to pull the trigger on a move like that. As I posted earlier I'm thinking about rolling the dice with Walford because the Packers are really bad vs. TEs but not sure I can go through with it.

Isotopes said:
I believe I read the Ravens are pretty good against TEs.

Isotopes said:
I believe I read the Ravens are pretty good against TEs.
You read right.

TE's I'd start over Kelce this week: Gronk, Reed, Walker, JT, Olsen (sounds like he'll be active), Gates*, H Miller*, Z Miller, Barnidge, Watson, R Rodgers* & Rudolph. It's hard for me to view Kelce as anything more than a low TE1 the rest of the way.

*guys I am actually starting over Kelce this week.

Isotopes said:
His last two matchups were against two of the worst teams in the league in terms of defending TEs. I don't think matchups matter anymore. Kelce is more than capable of going off against anyone and he's WAY overdue for another big game. But the usage has gone from bad to deplorable of late and the Chiefs keep winning so there's no reason to think they'll change anything now.

If you have a sure-fire Top 10 TE like Reed, Gates, Thomas, Walker etc. it's a no-brainer in my opinion to start them over Kelce. Where it gets tougher is when you dip into the TEs in the 15-25 range who might have really good matchups (like Ebron or Walford for example this week). We've reached the point where someone like that could easily outperform Kelce but it takes some serious stones to pull the trigger on a move like that. As I posted earlier I'm thinking about rolling the dice with Walford because the Packers are really bad vs. TEs but not sure I can go through with it.
Pretty much spot on.

My 15-25 option is V. Davis. Solid matchup. If it were not for an ugly drop last week he would have had 100+. Denver will need to throw to win that game.

Bloom has him ranked 6th in my scoring system while Kelce is outside the top 10.

I'm obviously trying to convince myself to start V. Davis here.

Just know Kelce is going to zig when everyone expects him to zag. Damnit.

Going with Kelce over Jordan Reed last week nearly cost me my season. Kelce is now chained to the bench but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Reed can stay healthy down the stretch.

Olsen or Kelce....................
Olsen every day of the week and 37 times on Sunday.

Just stinks with Kelce. Teased us with that huge Week 1 game. 2 TD's in Week 1 vs HOU. And 2 TD's in the 12 games since. And I thought he could finish the year with 8-10 TD's. :doh:

Of course when I bench him this week, he'll proceed to have a 2 TD game. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread