What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Travis Kelce, KC (4 Viewers)

I got 10 out of the 13 I needed out of Kelce in the first half and thought I was good. I don't think so anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if KC didn't throw another pass all game.

After the awesome first half that looked so promising, it's as if someone farted in the middle of a black tie affair. What a let-down the 2nd half has been. My heart hurts a little.

Can we get SWC in here so he can give Kelce a nickname? Big fan of his other work. Randall the touchdown robber Cobber, and Nick Foley Canoli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too little too late for me this week, but thanks Travis for making it a respectable loss for me this week; Pats just too inept to make more points likely. My league does not have a mandatory TE, but damn, Kelce looks like a nice flex option to have, and I got him for a minimum blind bid.

As a Gronk owner with Kelce on the bench, I think the time has come to give the kid a shot. Gronk cost me a win this week and the Pats offense is a mess UFN.

Rotoworld:

Travis Kelce caught eight passes for 93 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs' 41-14, Week 4 demolishing of the Patriots on Monday night.

Kelce was targeted a team-high nine times while only playing about 50 percent of the snaps. He dominated the first half, doing the bulk of his damage before the break and looking like his tight end counterpart across the field, Rob Gronkowski. A healthy Gronkowski before all the injuries, that is. Kelce was a man among boys, running around the Patriots' slow-footed linebackers and undersized safeties with ease. He can do so much damage post-catch with stiff arms and by just plowing over defenders. We'd like to see the Chiefs play Kelce even more, but we're not complaining right now. He's a focal point of the pass offense and is seeing enough targets to lock himself in as a TE1. Through four games, Kelce is on pace for a 72-1,036-8 receiving line.

Sep 29 - 11:25 PM

Own him in one league. Just dropped Witten for him in another. He's this year's Cameron (hopefully without the maddening inconsistency).

How do you guys feel vs the Niners this week?
Well apparently "experts" keep ranking the homeless man version of Kelce higher than him (Ertz) every week. Mr. Omniscient One Matthew Berry even said the Niners shut down Ertz. Well guess what? Niners didn't shut down Bennett. Niners have played against garbage tight ends except Bennett (and yes, I'm lumping Ertz with garbage).

Kelce is a must start every week. The top tight ends are Graham, Thomas, Bennett, Kelce, Donnell, and Olsen. Gronk will probably not be in this discussion till next year or maybe towards the end.

Long live The Keltic Warrior!!!

How do you guys feel vs the Niners this week?
Well apparently "experts" keep ranking the homeless man version of Kelce higher than him (Ertz) every week. Mr. Omniscient One Matthew Berry even said the Niners shut down Ertz. Well guess what? Niners didn't shut down Bennett. Niners have played against garbage tight ends except Bennett (and yes, I'm lumping Ertz with garbage).

Kelce is a must start every week. The top tight ends are Graham, Thomas, Bennett, Kelce, Donnell, and Olsen. Gronk will probably not be in this discussion till next year or maybe towards the end.

Long live The Keltic Warrior!!!
I don't disagree with that list at all - feel like Gates and Gronk are right there and Cameron comes back this week.

werdnoynek said:
Darryl Talley said:
I own Kelce, Gronk, and Donnell.

Flex problems.
Graham, Kelce, and Donnell - grabbed Donnell cuz both Graham and Kelce have week 6 byes... I'm gonna try and trade Donnell after week 6 I think.
I have Graham, Kelce, Donnell and Reed in dynasty. Not sure how I'll figure this out. But Kelce is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite behind Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
werdnoynek said:
Darryl Talley said:

Flex problems.
Graham, Kelce, and Donnell - grabbed Donnell cuz both Graham and Kelce have week 6 byes... I'm gonna try and trade Donnell after week 6 I think.
I have Graham, Kelce, Donnell and Reed in dynasty. Not sure how I'll figure this out. But Kelce is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite behind Graham.
I know that feel. Graham, Thomas, Kelce, Green and Wright. Can only start two of them.

werdnoynek said:
Darryl Talley said:

Flex problems.
I think talent wise, Kelce blows Donnell and Reed away so that's a pretty easy evaluation. Donnell seems like a huge sell high right now.

The new Gronk?
The potential is there. I'm not sure the KC offense can support a 1300 15 TE, but he's the real deal. His athleticism and strength jumps off the screen.
KC looks pretty solid with Charles on the field. Kelsey is a TD machine.
So far, he has not been a TD machine. He could be though. He has as much potential as any 2nd year guy out there. I hope Reid recognizes it now and feeds him like he did TO. He's the most talented WR Reid has had since. The guy is a prototype.

Cripes I only drafted him to cover Julius' bye week. Those two explosive TDs in preseason convinced of his talent, I just assumed he would not have the volume to be a TE1.

Now after seeing 9 targets on MNF, I'm contemplating moving Thomas for WR upgrade.

May put him in my flex. I am on the fence because it is a game with SF. My other choices are Vereen, Greg Jennings, Coradelle Patterson, and Toliafero.

Users who are viewing this thread