What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

a newer song you love? (1 Viewer)

Slinky, by Latin Funk group Brownout.

Heck, a lot of their stuff rocks. Some more Latin some more rock, all very funky.

They do a cover ALBUM of Black Sabbath called Brown Sabbath. I'm not usually a big fan of Latin inspired, but love these guys.

I just started listening to the new Ceelo album, and it's pretty good. Typical cliche, cheesy lyrics, with great production. "Est. 1980's" in s probably one of the stronger tracks imo.

Hooton Tennis Club's, Jasper. The rest of the album is similar. the linked video is pretty terrible.

A bit of No Age, Pavement, and Parquet Courts blended together.

4 hours ago, Tackling Dummies said:

Might be a little late to this party, but it's stuck in my frontal lobe. 

recently started listening to the Country station on Sirius since the current crop of music is :X . Not gonna say I like all of it, or even that much but songs like this are good. Of course this one is more bluesy than country IMO, but that's just semantics.   I also like

My Church

and

Riser

:tumbleweed:

recently started listening to the Country station on Sirius since the current crop of music is :X . Not gonna say I like all of it, or even that much but songs like this are good. Of course this one is more bluesy than country IMO, but that's just semantics.   I also like

My Church

and

Riser

:tumbleweed:
If you like old school country, give this guy a shot: 

LOL...too funny.

Meant to post this last night and didn't get to it so came to do it now.Found em on Spotify and checked out the rest of their stuff and actually like em a bit.

I happened to notice they are playing in NYC on 3/10 at a small club that holds like 250 people.
Just picked up tix for me and my wife.
$10 each.
that's across the street from where I live.

one of my favorite bands of the last couple years- Savages- set up shop there last year for a week, and I had no idea. I should really pay more attention.

speaking of Savages- been really liking "the answer" from their new album and have always liked "husbands" from their first.

that's across the street from where I live.

one of my favorite bands of the last couple years- Savages- set up shop there last year for a week, and I had no idea. I should really pay more attention.

speaking of Savages- been really liking "the answer" from their new album and have always liked "husbands" from their first.
Ha. Awesome. 

Place looks tiny.

Maybe you can answer some noob questions.

Any idea how long a show like this will last?

Usually when I have gone to big concerts the show starts at 7 and main act comes on at like 9.

This says it's the early show for 630 and that there is a late show with someone else.

We don't get out much from the kids so just trying to get an idea how long I need to tell the sitter well need her for.

If we can get out early enough would try to grab a bite to eat. Will Katz have a line down the block at 5ish?

Ha. Awesome. 

Place looks tiny.

Maybe you can answer some noob questions.

Any idea how long a show like this will last?

Usually when I have gone to big concerts the show starts at 7 and main act comes on at like 9.

This says it's the early show for 630 and that there is a late show with someone else.

We don't get out much from the kids so just trying to get an idea how long I need to tell the sitter well need her for.

If we can get out early enough would try to grab a bite to eat. Will Katz have a line down the block at 5ish?
it's small. should be a great show. here's a video from Savages in-residence there... the width of the stage is basically the width of the venue. 250 people would PACK that place and the bar which is a slightly separate space directly on the street.

no idea how long it will last or when they go on. I'd call the venue- I'd imagine early show would start fairly promptly... but I've got kids of my own and haven't been over there in about a decade (could've seen The National there :doh:  ).

The line is out the door and down the block for Katz's. You just have to roll with it, or go someplace else... if you want the latter option, I can recommend a bunch of places.

it's small. should be a great show. here's a video from Savages in-residence there... the width of the stage is basically the width of the venue. 250 people would PACK that place and the bar which is a slightly separate space directly on the street.

no idea how long it will last or when they go on. I'd call the venue- I'd imagine early show would start fairly promptly... but I've got kids of my own and haven't been over there in about a decade (could've seen The National there :doh:  ).

The line is out the door and down the block for Katz's. You just have to roll with it, or go someplace else... if you want the latter option, I can recommend a bunch of places.
Niiiice.

Looks fun.

Bought tickets on ticket master. 

Just assumed it would sell out being that small but who knows.

Thanks

I'll take a place or 2 nearby you would recommend that would be quick as I think we'll be in a rush driving in.

Memoryhouse - "Sarah"

Off a new album from a very solid dream pop band, if you're a dream pop lover like I am..  "Sarah, Sarah, say you, say you'll go home".  So ### #### catchy.  I've had "Sarah Sarah" earwormed in my head for like 2 weeks now.

"Dream Shake" - my other favorite off the album, which is a released single.

Users who are viewing this thread