What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo email problems (1 Viewer)

Have a Yahoo primary, gmail secondary. Prefer Yahoo.

And mine is fine this morning. :shrug:

They could be working on the server or doing whatever to maintain it. Every company must do so. Eventually, on something that is "up" 24/7/365, you will encounter this at some point(s). It's the odds man, the odds.

They could be working on the server or doing whatever to maintain it. Every company must do so. Eventually, on something that is "up" 24/7/365, you will encounter this at some point(s). It's the odds man, the odds.
been going on about 3-4 days now

been going on about 3-4 days now
I've encountered that too. But right now it is fine on my side, and has been for a while. Might just be the cluster or whatever it's called that you go through that they are working on.

What happened to the spam filter in the last year?? Simple, obvious spam is ending up in my inbox. Not all of it, just enough to warrant a :angry:

No problems here.

I wasn't able to sort fantasy football and fantasy basketball stats the past 2 days, but now it's fine.

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.
Temporary error: 19

Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions

Try Again
A couple of hours now... :angry:
Same. And I loathe the new layout.
I never have problems. Well, until now. Back up... but... ssllooowww...

Same here on IE. Yahoo Mail app works fine on my Android phone.

I hope Yahoo is fixing the IE apostrophe bug in which all apostrophes were looking like their HTML code for the last few weeks.

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.
Temporary error: 19

Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions

Try Again
:wall:
i still use my Yahoo email primarily b/c it's been my first addr and with me since 1997...YHOO, I don't want to leave you for the Gmails but you're not leaving me much choice #smh

I hope Yahoo is fixing the IE apostrophe bug in which all apostrophes were looking like their HTML code for the last few weeks.
People still use IE?
The official browser supported by my company's IT department for my laptop.
:whoosh: This was a joke. In the same vein as people asking "People still use Yahoo?"

People still use IE?
:whoosh: This was a joke. In the same vein as people asking "People still use Yahoo?"
:hooklineANDsinker:

People still use IE?
I knew it was shtick, but there's a kernel of truth to it. I *hate* IE and use Chrome at home.

Yahoo seems determined to prove that the New Coke fiasco was not an aberration, and that they can probably replicate it. They screwed up FF with a new format, and it was only in the face of massive protests by consumers that they finally agreed to have the option of going back to the previous one (at least, for the screen colors--they still mess up some of the other details). Now they've futzed around with Yahoo Mail, and all kinds of things are popping up which make it more difficult or bothersome to use.

And then, a phrase that strikes terror into the civilized mind...Up in the corner of my Yahoo page, appear the words: "The New My Yahoo is coming..."

New Coke, indeed.

Mail on IE is now fixed, but NOT the apostrophe bug :grrrrr!:

I realize this is a very old thread but I'm curious if anyone has had any of the issues I've been having and if so, if you were able to remedy the situation.

I have an old yahoo account that I only accessed recently to participate in FF. Problem is, since I don't use the account, my credentials were unknown to me at the time of sign-in. Yahoo offers recovery options that include stored phone numbers and alternate email addresses. I was able to get into my account with an alternate email account. Everything seems to work fine except for on two occasions: 1) trying to access account (league) via mobile device, 2) attempting to change settings within the account (browser).

When I try to access account settings, I receive a message stating "if you would like to change account settings, please use an account with a username." Fine. I go through the steps to recover the password with the username I have for the (a) yahoo account, but it's not the same account. Its just a linked account. So I keep going through this ridiculous circle of rinse and repeat. 

The only thing that is legitimately frustrating is the mobile device aspect. Frankly, the browser works fine and this is only convenience issue. But, because yahoo customer support doesn't exist, I was wondering if anyone here had any advice/ direction.  

Users who are viewing this thread