What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Discuss Hot Sauce (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
A thread to discuss hot sauce.

I won the annual FBG kicker contest and first prize of 4 bottles of hot sauce from @Hot Sauce Guy. Do yourself a favor and check this out. https://luckydoghotsauce.com/?gclid...T15QpJyATP-KxzdvLstUDX32FqFP00ZxoC9VYQAvD_BwE I've only tried the Heat's a Peach so far and it's amazing. I'd been trying to get my hands on this stuff for years with Hot Sauce Guy kept thwarting my attempts to leverage the rules of his contest to my advantage.

@Hot Sauce Guy can you get away with not refrigerating your product after opening for a few months?

So in order to stay within the terms of service of this board, anyone else have a hot sauce they like that might be on par with Lucky Dog?

HSG's Dia del Perro is my favorite. I order myself a bottle anytime I am in the FFA T-Shirt exchange and I get a couple/few bottles for my stalkee.

Last edited:
@Hot Sauce Guy can you get away with not refrigerating your product after opening for a few months?

Follow up question. Let’s say you were gifted several of your sauces years ago and you just found an unopened bottle in the fridge, seal still on it. How long is it edible after the manufacture date? Asking for a friend.

HSG's Dia del Perro is my favorite. I order myself a bottle anytime I am in the FFA T-Shirt exchange and I get a couple/few bottles for my stalkee.

Thank you so much! :wub:

That sauce is a 2024 Good Food Awaed finalist. I’ll know if it won in April!

Follow up question. Let’s say you were gifted several of your sauces years ago and you just found an unopened bottle in the fridge, seal still on it. How long is it edible after the manufacture date? Asking for a friend.
On the record, I can legally tell you they have a 2 year “recommended use-by date”.

Off the record, I’ve had the experience that when refrigerated they’ve lasted well beyond that. But that’s an “at your own risk” type statement, not an official recommendation.

I'm looking for some new Asian chili sauces to try. I read the classic Huy Fong sriracha recipe has changed recently due to an issue with their pepper supplier. Whether or not that's true, I just don't like it very much anymore. I always have some sambal olek at home and have gone through several large jars of the Lao Gan Ma chili crisp over the past year and I think I'm burned out on both those due to overconsumption. I'd like to find something super hot with a bit of sweet - need some recommendations.

Also, just a note that my local Costco now carries hot honey from Savanah Bee company. I'd only had Mike's before and recommend this stuff if you can get it. Seems closer to Mike's extra hot version.

If you're into instant ramen, I recently tried the Buldak 2X Spicy and it is brutal but awesome. The taste is fantastic. It probably has 2x my daily sodium limit as well, but I immediately ordered a 5 pack it is so good.

2X Buldak

I've only tried the Heat's a Peach so far and it's amazing.
I like this one but the Cherry Chipotle has been my favorite. Hell Hound is good but a bit warm for everyday use but has it's place. Also really like the Year of the Dog Thai Chili Pineapple Hot sauce.

I guess all of them are good...hahaha

2 of my current favorite retail hot sauces are:

Inner Beauty - Great citrusy mustard based sauce that goes with just about everything. The original creator actually has the recipe and video showing how to make it on the internet and it’s super easy to make too.

708 7 Pot Citrus - another favorite. Apparently I really like citrus based sauces. Good up front heat that doesn’t really linger, but great fresh flavor with a zip of citrus

Mexican Chocolate Stout - this is just a link to a recipe. I modify it a bit by adding some apple cider, cloves, all spice, brown sugar, and a few other small things. It’s absolutely fantastic. I’ll make a batch every once in a while and share bottles with friends. It’s requested often and, if I ever had the desire to turn my hobby in business, I’m pretty sure I could do pretty well selling it with how much people rave over it.

I won the annual FBG kicker contest and first prize of 4 bottles of hot sauce from @Hot Sauce Guy. Do yourself a favor and check this out. https://luckydoghotsauce.com/?gclid...T15QpJyATP-KxzdvLstUDX32FqFP00ZxoC9VYQAvD_BwE I've only tried the Heat's a Peach so far and it's amazing. I'd been trying to get my hands on this stuff for years with Hot Sauce Guy kept thwarting my attempts to leverage the rules of his contest to my advantage.

So in order to stay within the terms of service of this board, anyone else have a hot sauce they like that might be on par with Lucky Dog?

Been meaning to try these. Just ordered.

If you're into instant ramen, I recently tried the Buldak 2X Spicy and it is brutal but awesome. The taste is fantastic. It probably has 2x my daily sodium limit as well, but I immediately ordered a 5 pack it is so good.

2X Buldak

I didn’t think I’d ever encounter a soup that is too spicy, but this is it. Still have it occasionally anyway.

Love the Lucky Dog pink label applewood smoked habanero.

Construxboy mentioned it and I know a lot of people love it, but for whatever reason Secret Aardvark isn’t my jam. I think maybe I’d like it on rice and beans but haven’t tried that yet.

Been meaning to try these. Just ordered.
Got it out today!

Reactions: jwb
I'm looking for some new Asian chili sauces to try. I read the classic Huy Fong sriracha recipe has changed recently due to an issue with their pepper supplier. Whether or not that's true, I just don't like it very much anymore. I always have some sambal olek at home and have gone through several large jars of the Lao Gan Ma chili crisp over the past year and I think I'm burned out on both those due to overconsumption. I'd like to find something super hot with a bit of sweet - need some recommendations.

Also, just a note that my local Costco now carries hot honey from Savanah Bee company. I'd only had Mike's before and recommend this stuff if you can get it. Seems closer to Mike's extra hot version.

Year of the Dog was featured on Hot Ones, and won Grand Prize for Tasting at the 2018 National Fiery Food show.

Similar sweet-heat profile but with zero sugar. Also a bit more layered & has savory notes to balance it.

@Hot Sauce Guy
How do we get the Cherry Chipotle? I'm putting an order together, but not seeing it on the site. I have some vague recollection from the other thread that it was a special order thing.
Just order anything else and leave a note in the order. I’ll be happy to sub it in.
It works. :thumbup: HSG hasn't missed yet on my requests...love the Cherry Chipotle. How long does your exclusive agreement run? Seems like it could be a big seller for you without the other company getting an exclusive.

How long does your exclusive agreement run? Seems like it could be a big seller for you without the other company getting an exclusive.
I’ve been questioning that lately, myself.

It was always something of a handshake deal. I offer it by request when they’re sold out.

It might be time to make it more widely available.

2X Buldak

I didn’t think I’d ever encounter a soup that is too spicy, but this is it. Still have it occasionally anyway.

I kept seeing it on r/spicy, found a pack at a local Korean market the other day. Have yet to try it, need to make sure I work from home the next day since I’m sure it’s a ring burner

Year of the Dog was featured on Hot Ones, and won Grand Prize for Tasting at the 2018 National Fiery Food show.

Similar sweet-heat profile but with zero sugar. Also a bit more layered & has savory notes to balance it.

I love Year of the Dog - fantastic balance of heat and flavor. I've gotten through about half a bottle of Hell Hound - that one pushes my limit but still has a great flavor that works well with food once I got the hang of it.

2X Buldak
These noodles made me dizzy. Either from the spice directly or from my fast breathing due to the spice. It's pretty much my max spice tolerance for a meal. Anything spicier and it becomes a challenge and not food. 🔥📛🔥📛🥵

Granola Bar, fresh Peanut Butter spread on top, Frank's red Hot drizzled all the way across

-Try it before you make a pooh face the next time you're stoned, you'll thank me

I think this was one of the first of yours I tried, and it's still one of my favorites. I bought it from that amazaballs grocery in Oakland that has a beer a section for miles.

@Hotsauceguy : What is your lowest scoville hot sauce? I love just a little heat and crave the taste profile that hot sauce brings, just not burn your insides out hot.

Last edited:

2X Buldak
These noodles made me dizzy. Either from the spice directly or from my fast breathing due to the spice. It's pretty much my max spice tolerance for a meal. Anything spicier and it becomes a challenge and not food. 🔥📛🔥📛🥵

I have a pack but still waiting for the right time to try them

2X Buldak

There’s no time like the present. Today is your day. I had one of these for lunch earlier this week, added an egg and some veggies. You can always just add half the spice sauce at first if you think it’ll be too hot.

2X Buldak

There’s no time like the present. Today is your day. I had one of these for lunch earlier this week, added an egg and some veggies. You can always just add half the spice sauce at first if you think it’ll be too hot.

Going out to dinner with the wife tonight and have a karate tournament for one of the boys tomorrow. Need to plan this so I have full access to my home toilet the next 24-36 hours after eating, I don’t want to risk having to use single ply

@Hot Sauce Guy
How do we get the Cherry Chipotle? I'm putting an order together, but not seeing it on the site. I have some vague recollection from the other thread that it was a special order thing.
Just order anything else and leave a note in the order. I’ll be happy to sub it in.
@Hot Sauce Guy

I showed a friend of mine your website at work today and he wants to order 2. I'm going to pick up 2 more bottles, so just want to confirm that it is ok to "customize" the 4 pack, or if we should only maybe sub out one or two of the sauces.

Thanks!

@Hot Sauce Guy
@Hot Sauce Guy

I showed a friend of mine your website at work today and he wants to order 2. I'm going to pick up 2 more bottles, so just want to confirm that it is ok to "customize" the 4 pack, or if we should only maybe sub out one or two of the sauces.

Thanks!
Absolutely - at the cart leave a note using the “special instructions” link. Happy to include anything including Chrome (and other Drake’s 1500) & Black Label Special Reserve (a much hotter Black Label)

I am now able to sell both of those - haven’t had a chance to create pages for them yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread