What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CB Richard Sherman (1 Viewer)

Boldin is 6 feet tall, 33, & ran a 4.7 40 in 2002. I'd expect a talented bigger faster CB that locks up on him to shut him down. People talk up what he did to Boldin like hes Dez, Mega, or Julio.
Boldin is ranked #8 in the NFL for receiving yards. Julio is the only one of those guys you mention with more receiving yards this season than Boldin. And that's counting his 7 yard performance against the Seahawks. There is a reasonable argument one could make that Sherman's coverage is the only thing standing between Boldin and the league lead for receiving yards at this point in the season.
And Eddie Royal is leading the NFL in tds - Does that make him more talented then Dez who has less then half the scores? Boldin isn't an elite receiver anymore. Yes, Sherman did a great job shutting down an above average WR.

The week 2 game vs SF was the first time Sherm was specifically on a WR, and that was because of Boklin's size and big week 1. Browner was not playing and Thurmond isn't as big, so Sherm asked to take Bikdin. There's nothing to suggest that he'll lock up on a WR, absent him or the team saying so.
This...historically he plays one side of the field, but for the SF game he requested the assignment.

Depends - is **** Sherman still on 'roids?
Not sure where you get your information, but he was never on roids. Might want to check your source.
Sherman was suspended for steroids and won on appeal due to a technicality. It worked for Ryan Braun for a while too.

link

Sherman attested that the cup with his urine specimen leaked, which forced the person collecting the sample to use a second cup underneath the first one. Thus, Sherman argued, the presence of the second cup (the seal on which was broken) violated the chain of custody requirements for a fair test.
As we all know most empty cups have steroids in them. Add in the fact that a bunch of Seahawks players have been popped and its pretty obvious to most people.
I've never heard of a 0 game suspension. Care to explain that to me?
Dude, we get it. He never actually got suspended. Either did Barry Bonds. It changes nothing. People aren't stupid. Even though guys like Sherman and Ryan Braun wish they were.
I invite you to read Mad Sweeney's post. He knows what's up.
You mean that the Seahawks fans are still convinced he just did Adderall?

Hah!!! Thats a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boldin is 6 feet tall, 33, & ran a 4.7 40 in 2002. I'd expect a talented bigger faster CB that locks up on him to shut him down. People talk up what he did to Boldin like hes Dez, Mega, or Julio.
Boldin is ranked #8 in the NFL for receiving yards. Julio is the only one of those guys you mention with more receiving yards this season than Boldin. And that's counting his 7 yard performance against the Seahawks. There is a reasonable argument one could make that Sherman's coverage is the only thing standing between Boldin and the league lead for receiving yards at this point in the season.
Take away the GB game, and I doubt Boldin is ranked at #8.
Ha! Wait... I can't tell if you are being serious. Why would you do that? That game was very real.I mean, take away the other ones and he's #1 on his way to Seattle. Take away that game and SF is would appear to be the worst team in the league. That would be unwise to assume.

**edited for grammar. Because it matters :)

Not sure where you get your information, but he was never on roids. Might want to check your source.
Sherman was suspended for steroids and won on appeal due to a technicality. It worked for Ryan Braun for a while too.

link

Sherman attested that the cup with his urine specimen leaked, which forced the person collecting the sample to use a second cup underneath the first one. Thus, Sherman argued, the presence of the second cup (the seal on which was broken) violated the chain of custody requirements for a fair test.
As we all know most empty cups have steroids in them. Add in the fact that a bunch of Seahawks players have been popped and its pretty obvious to most people.
Dude, we get it. He never actually got suspended. Either did Barry Bonds. It changes nothing. People aren't stupid. Even though guys like Sherman and Ryan Braun wish they were.

Hah!!! Thats a good one.
You mean that GB fans are still mad about losing to us?

Hah!!!

Adderall isnt a steroid, nor does it have any anabolic properties.
Sure isn't...do you actually believe everyone who claims that is what they were taking when getting busted? Not just Seahawks here...talking everyone. Even Mike Neal from GB.

They all say Adderall because it does not sound bad and they know the NFL does not release what they tested positive for.

As for Alk....it has nothing to do with losing to you last year. Not mad about that at all. Just funny that you Seahawks fans still hold onto thinking that it was all just Adderall.

Sure isn't...do you actually believe everyone who claims that is what they were taking when getting busted? Not just Seahawks here...talking everyone. Even Mike Neal from GB.

They all say Adderall because it does not sound bad and they know the NFL does not release what they tested positive for.

As for Alk....it has nothing to do with losing to you last year. Not mad about that at all. Just funny that you Seahawks fans still hold onto thinking that it was all just Adderall.
Sure, players could be lying about what they got busted for.Just sounded like some thought Adderall was an anabolic. Thought it might be helpful to clear that up.

I don't think its any more likely a player is on steroids than Adderall tho. There's reasons they might use either. I don't think it's reasonable to conclude that a player announced as being busted for Adderall is on steroids. Possible, sure, but it's not a given.

Sure, players could be lying about what they got busted for.

Just sounded like some thought Adderall was an anabolic. Thought it might be helpful to clear that up.

I don't think its any more likely a player is on steroids than Adderall tho. There's reasons they might use either.
Agreed...though, I think they know they can easily get by taking Adderall easily and legally by league standards.

The whole...I forgot to tell you or get the note line is not very believable.

Sure, players could be lying about what they got busted for.Just sounded like some thought Adderall was an anabolic. Thought it might be helpful to clear that up.

I don't think its any more likely a player is on steroids than Adderall tho. There's reasons they might use either.
Agreed...though, I think they know they can easily get by taking Adderall easily and legally by league standards.

True enough.I definitely wouldn't accuse these guys of being bright.

True enough.I definitely wouldn't accuse these guys of being bright.
Sherman is quite bright actually...naming just one.

Not sure about the others that have claimed Adderall when they were busted.

I have a good friend that moved out to Seattle a few years ago and he said it's getting really bad there with the fans. He said they've always been great in the past but it's really getting to their heads. They're not questioning whether they will go to the super bowl, they're talking about how many super bowls this squad will win. It's sad because I've respected the team and love their style of football. I just wish I didn't know how the fans are turning.
It's terribly obvious. For having such a miniscule fan base, and for being totally insignificant for the better part of their existence, Seahawks fans have quickly become some of the most obnoxious and asinine fans in the league. Imagine if they ever actually win something other than home games? Ugh, they'll be unbearable.
Careful. I got told I'm an irrational hater for having made this observation.

Take away the GB game, and I doubt Boldin is ranked at #8.
Ha! Wait... I can't tell if you are being serious. Why would you do that? That game was very real.I mean, take away the other ones and he's #1 on his way to Seattle. Take away that game and SF is would appear to be the worst team in the league. That would be unwise to assume.

**edited for grammar. Because it matters :)
Well, you're really weighing a one game performance against a Packer scheme that didn't work for GB. Since then Boldin hasn't made much of an impact on the 49ers offense to even help the other WR's.

I'm not even speaking as a 49er fan. That's just the reality.

I have a good friend that moved out to Seattle a few years ago and he said it's getting really bad there with the fans. He said they've always been great in the past but it's really getting to their heads. They're not questioning whether they will go to the super bowl, they're talking about how many super bowls this squad will win. It's sad because I've respected the team and love their style of football. I just wish I didn't know how the fans are turning.
It's terribly obvious. For having such a miniscule fan base, and for being totally insignificant for the better part of their existence, Seahawks fans have quickly become some of the most obnoxious and asinine fans in the league. Imagine if they ever actually win something other than home games? Ugh, they'll be unbearable.
That's what you get for testing the True Believers.

I live in Seattle, and this is the first time I've ever heard such nonsense. Obnoxious fans for any team gravitate to wherever there is football talk, and when they can talk trash they will. You don't hear the gracious ones because they keep quiet, by definition. Before the 49ers game I saw a loudmouth in a Kaepernick jersey end up In a pool of his vomit. That doesn't make 49ers fans drunks. Last week I saw a Jaguars fan--actually that surprised me. I bought him a beer. :)

I live in Seattle, and this is the first time I've ever heard such nonsense. Obnoxious fans for any team gravitate to wherever there is football talk, and when they can talk trash they will. You don't hear the gracious ones because they keep quiet, by definition. Before the 49ers game I saw a loudmouth in a Kaepernick jersey end up In a pool of his vomit. That doesn't make 49ers fans drunks. Last week I saw a Jaguars fan--actually that surprised me. I bought him a beer. :)
You're probably right, but some of the super tools around here just give the rest of the Seattle fans a bad name. It's unfortunate.

It doesn't help that their best player is incredibly overrated, on 'roids, and the most obnoxious player in the NFL not named Finnegan.

It's not just around here. Any time a team gets good, there are going to be obnoxious fans. But it seems to be increased ten fold with Seattle fans right now and its not just here.

You're probably right, but some of the super tools around here just give the rest of the Seattle fans a bad name. It's unfortunate.

It doesn't help that their best player is incredibly overrated, on 'roids, and the most obnoxious player in the NFL not named Finnegan.
Begin again.

I would argue Earl Thomas is their best player on the defensive side of the ball. He just doesn't run his mouth and stir the pot, so he's often overlooked. It's a shame.

It's not just around here. Any time a team gets good, there are going to be obnoxious fans. But it seems to be increased ten fold with Seattle fans right now and its not just here.
I keep telling Seahawk fans to act like they've been there before. But then... well... then it gets awkward.

At some point, I'll remember that isn't a relevant piece of advice, and all that ugliness can be avoided.

link

Hah!!! Thats a good one.
Well, we can always trust you to chime in and show your dimness. Where in there does it say anything about being convinced of anything?

You got told that because of a bevy (probably not a string enough word) of idiotic comments, many of them meant as insults. Trying to play yourself off as innocent bystander just making an observation here is self serving and disingenuous.

It's a city that hasn't had any noteworthy success at anything, ever, even at the college level. Even the few long-past success, like the Gus Johnson Sonics and the pseudo-champion Huskies didn't exactly inspire, and immediately dwindled without so much as a good-for-you from the national media.

No, they only give themselves a bad name. That's their problem alone. Using Internet trolls and bandwagon fans to make generalizations about the entire community of a team's fanbase is simply returning fire and every bit as toxic.

And it doesn't help that the Seahawks' "best player" is actually the one who rates himself the highest, and has thus far lived up to his own praise. That is obnoxious. It also doesn't help that any allegation of his using Adderol (or especially anabolic steroids) is purely speculative and can be brushed away as a silly rumor from his past, regardless of the merits of such an accusation.

I keep telling Seahawk fans to act like they've been there before. But then... well... then it gets awkward.

At some point, I'll remember that isn't a relevant piece of advice, and all that ugliness can be avoided.
You appear to be as bad as you claim they are being.

link

Hah!!! Thats a good one.
Well, we can always trust you to chime in and show your dimness. Where in there does it say anything about being convinced of anything?
When you claimed it was more likely adderall than steroids.

Glad you could go just for insults though rather than understanding what you wrote yourself.

All this still doesn't explain why a grown man uses the phrase U Mad Bro, especially in a topic header.
Same reason we see things like whiners, lambs, and squawks in regards to 3 of the teams of this division among supposedly grown men discussing things?

All this still doesn't explain why a grown man uses the phrase U Mad Bro, especially in a topic header.
Same reason we see things like whiners, lambs, and squawks in regards to 3 of the teams of this division among supposedly grown men discussing things?
What stupid name do you guys all have for the Cardinals? Seems rude to leave them out, even if they are latecomers to the division.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
What stupid name do you guys all have for the Cardinals? Seems rude to leave them out, even if they are latecomers to the division.
The best I can think of is the Tardnials, but I prefer being condecendingly patronizing. More PC, more satisfying.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
The best I can think of is the Tardnials, but I prefer being condecendingly patronizing. More PC, more satisfying.
Sweet screen name.

PainTrain said:
drummer said:
Junior McSpiffy said:
Last week I saw a Jaguars fan--actually that surprised me. I bought him a beer. :)
Woo-hoo! We like beer now more than ever.

link

Sweeney agreeing with you may not have the effect on your argument that you think it does...

Turds like this thread make it embarrassing to be a Seattle fan around here.

Please. I beg of you all. Don't lump "Seattle fans" in with this guy. TIA.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
.Sweet screen name.
Danke, pain in the ### to type up who I log in though

As an Andre Johnson owner.... Im benching him. Especially seeing what he did to Boldin.

Interested in hearing other opinions on if this should be a weakly bench. Sherman is matched up on your fantasy WR .... do you bench him automatically?
Man... you make it hard for me to even appreciate the Seahawks. I really like them and find them a joy to watch. I wish they'd go back to mediocrity so I didn't have to see 12 Seahawks threads repeatedly bumped by you on a daily basis.
This.
Finally someone says it. Cannot wait until they come to San Francisco.

All fans are pretty annoying when it comes right down to it. Seahawk fans finally have a team they can boast about , not sure why that bothers you so much to the point that you have to try and belittle them.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
Couldn't be as bad as Redskin.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
Probably could be.

I see that you're an equal opportunity offender, I respect that.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
Probably could be.

I see that you're an equal opportunity offender, I respect that.
Yeah, I'm sure you do.

ConnSKINS26 said:
sho nuff said:
drummer said:
Probably could be.I see that you're an equal opportunity offender, I respect that.
Yeah, I'm sure you do.
Exactly, we're on the same page.

Junior McSpiffy said:
Scoresman said:

Who would turn down this gem of advice. You must be some one exceptionally important and superior in every way

Users who are viewing this thread