What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you guys fuss with lineups Week 1? (1 Viewer)

FFWhiskey

Footballguy
In a league where I drafted Mattison, I noticed he has a poor matchup against the Buccaneers Week 1. Thinking of benching for Gibson.

Am I overmanaging? Seems like conventional wisdom, but I just don't want to get stuck with 5 points when a guy with a pedestrian career YPC struggles against a quality Todd Bowles lead run defense.

What say you? Start your team as drafted or try and play the matchup Week 1?

Last edited:
If teams are going to have off games it's week one. Cuts in all directions and you can't predict it so stick with your guys.

I just lie to myself.
Whatever it is Monday, it'll be Sunday, but I absolutely adjust it during the week for no sincere reason

I like to set my lineup with purely backups or bland Jacoby Meyers types so it looks like I'm gonna get absolutely clobbered, but then 10 minutes before game time I bring out the big guns and re-set said lineup with stud after shining stud. You can feel the opposing team's hope replaced by frantic panic as they scramble for an answer, yet find nothing. I may send an uplifting note with my final lineup, something like "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

I start the team I drafted to be my starters.

In the case of one team with Jeudy, and one team with TMc, I go next man up.

In the case of the league I faded TE, imma play the matchup (JuJohn over Chig, plus Chig is battling an injury)

But for the most part week 1 should be the no-brainer lineup.

I approach week 1 like any other. I play what I think are the best players in the best match-ups. I pay no attention to which player I drafted earlier. I would have no problem playing a RB I took in round 6 over a RB I took in round 4 if that looked like the better play. I usually just look at Fantasy Pros as a baseline.

Users who are viewing this thread