What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald (3 Viewers)

This is what I was expecting from him last year in the "Reggie Wayne role" in Arians' offense. He's in the slot constantly lining up against guys that have no chance to cover him.

Looking to unload him in dynasty, still no bites OR not offering enough to just give him away. The problem with an aging player who is lighting it up, for now.

Anyone else contemplating cashing out in redraft? If so, what would you aim for? I'm thinking top 15 RB but unsure if I can get it.

Glad to see him doing so well, seems to be a really good dude.
The only reason I could see for "cashing out" would be that you're questioning Palmer playing all 16 games this year, But if Palmer stays healthy I don't see why his production wouldn't remain on a WR1 level.

This is what I was expecting from him last year in the "Reggie Wayne role" in Arians' offense. He's in the slot constantly lining up against guys that have no chance to cover him.
Yes , this is Reggie Wayne 2012 all over again.
Except that Larry has already matched the 5 TD's Reggie caught that season. :P
Very true, I was more referring to a veteran "used-to-be" elite WR coming back to glory and being drafted in the later rounds. I was able to draft him in the 8th round of my 10 team 0.5 ppr league. To my dismay John Brown and Michael Floyd were both drafted before him.....

I think Larry's resurgence probably has more to do with health, QB play and some supporting talent than suddenly cheating father time.

So is he entering the realm of must start stud WR? Does he pass AJG/DT/Brown?
I don't think he passes those guys, but he is right there with them in redraft. Assuming he and Palmer both stay healthy then there is no reason he won't finish the year as a top 10 receiver.

jbz said:
Andrew74 said:
Why would you consider not starting him?
Cause I own those 3 guys? :D Shameful WDIS

But on a general level, who do you start over Fitz? Julio for sure. But anyone else a clear must start?

jbz said:
Andrew74 said:
Why would you consider not starting him?
Cause I own those 3 guys? :D Shameful WDIS

But on a general level, who do you start over Fitz? Julio for sure. But anyone else a clear must start?
I am assuming this is a dynasty league. If it is a redraft then your league mates suck and you can throw darts to see who starts and win the league. In dynasty try to move Fitz and something for a weakness. Rb, te, or Qb.

Since my gut screams for me to part ways I'm trying to deal Fitz. Have any of you done the same? If so, what are you getting in return?

Just got a projected late 2016 1st for him in dynasty.
This is what I've been asking for but I haven't received any bites.
Keep trying. I was basically getting laughed at by a lot of teams because I was sending out offers asking for that kind of value. I would get denied and counter mostly with late 2nd, sometimes 3rds. Final got an owner to bite when I was putting in my waiver bids and sent a couple more offers. I also made it clear to the owners that I wanted 1st round rookie value for him or I would just hold him.

He looks like the old L Fitz again... hes gonna have a strong year barring injury, yep, one of my few good moves so far...

Keep trying. I was basically getting laughed at by a lot of teams because I was sending out offers asking for that kind of value. I would get denied and counter mostly with late 2nd, sometimes 3rds. Final got an owner to bite when I was putting in my waiver bids and sent a couple more offers. I also made it clear to the owners that I wanted 1st round rookie value for him or I would just hold him.
He may never see my lineup in my dyno but at this point him on my bench is better than on someone else's roster.

He may never see my lineup in my dyno but at this point him on my bench is better than on someone else's roster.
Okay, Larry, I'll start you now. #2 WR in my league and, so far, super consistent.

Needs 36 receptions for 1000 in his career, 4 TDs for 100 for his career. Hes on pace this year to finish with a 110/1400/14 stat line. The rebirth of a WR1 late in his career, guy is awesome out of the slot.

Was just offered fitzgerald and woodhead for Randall Cobb but fitzgerald's remaining schedule worries me a bit starting with this Sunday in Seattle. Sherman will probably shadow him.

Also, looking at his last 4-5 weeks it looks like he's cooled down significantly in fantasy production. Still solid, but nothing like the outbursts he had earlier in the season.

I think it has coincided with Floyd getting healthy and stealing looks.

Am I overthinking this one?

I moved A Hurns/Tannehill for him in one of my redrafts. He does have a bit of a tough schedule ahead, but with his more than capable QB (who I also have in this league and why I targeted Fitzy) I'm not too worried about getting solid and dependable production out of him. Plus, with ARI gunning for the playoffs I don't see them letting up any on offense

Was just offered fitzgerald and woodhead for Randall Cobb but fitzgerald's remaining schedule worries me a bit starting with this Sunday in Seattle. Sherman will probably shadow him.

Also, looking at his last 4-5 weeks it looks like he's cooled down significantly in fantasy production. Still solid, but nothing like the outbursts he had earlier in the season.

Does Sherman match up with the slot guy often? I figured they'd put Sherman on Floyd, assuming he starts this week.

IMO you are overthinking, If it's any kind of ppr league I'd take the offer in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't say he's cooled off. He was bound to regress from a 3 TD performance. Other than the MNF game where he wasn't really needed the targets and receptions are still there on a weekly basis.

I agree in ppr he's money. Solid and dependably can get and of course in that offense and with his talent he's always a threat to have a huge week.

But in standard leagues, which is the one I'm analyzing him in, I'm just not sure how to view him.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Cardinals seem to be contrarian plays this week. Yet like Carroll says, "I've never seen Carson Palmer play better." Low scoring 20-17 game or perhaps a few more fireworks? Not sure who's shadowing who as Fitz is playing the slot and will be a possession receiver getting a ton of looks and perhaps 10-12 targets. Floyd is playing very well as of late and what about John Brown, the speedster? Who keeps him in check? The running game is well balanced. I feel the momentum is with Arizona as they are geared to take the next step. Arizona 27 - Seattle 24 in one of the best games of the year. Fitzgerald 77 yards on 7 catches and one TD.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000578298/article/pete-carroll-ive-never-seen-carson-palmer-play-better

I like it! Bold, considering the Seattle pass d has been awesome all year. I think they've only allowed 6 passing tds TOTAL and very few yards to opposing qbs.

I like it! Bold, considering the Seattle pass d has been awesome all year. I think they've only allowed 6 passing tds TOTAL and very few yards to opposing qbs.
True, but they have played some pretty crappy offensive teams:

STL

CHI

DET

CAR

SF

Cobb, from the slot, posted 8-116

AJ Green posted 6-78

I'm starting Fitz and Floyd with reserved confidence this week.

Hmm....If Sherman shadows Fitz that actually makes me consider benching him.
Now this is the kind of information that would be highly valuable. The game plan is already in place and I am sure Carroll is mum. If Fitz gets shadowed on every play by Sherman then I would say he's a low end WR #2 at best. Perhaps he shadows Fitz when Fitz is lined up wide? And when he is in the slot Sherman shadows Floyd or Brown if Brown plays? Wherever Sherman goes money is elsewhere. Palmer is playing very good football and Seattle D is not like it was a couple years ago. Still very good, but not invincible anymore.

If FootballGuys know who Sherman is covering and what part of the field he is playing then please pass it on. I've heard this announced prior to game time in the past?

Look at his game logs vs. SEA. He hasn't had a big game against the 'Hawks since 2011. I think they know something...

Users who are viewing this thread