What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald (2 Viewers)

Larry Fitzgerald told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols he’s "undecided" on whether he’ll retire.

“I haven’t decided anything. Training camp starts in a few weeks. I’m excited, it’s going to be another great year for the NFL.” Fitzgerald, 38 next month, remains a free agent after his one-year extension expired in March. Cardinals GM Steve Keim hasn’t ruled out bringing him back, but an Arizona return is unlikely after A.J. Green signed this offseason. Fitzgerald, who’s never won a Super Bowl, should have interest from teams if he returns for another season.

Jul 9, 2021, 9:19 PM ET

Speaking about free agent WR Larry Fitzgerald on Tuesday, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said "the ball is in his court." 

“I haven’t decided anything," was Fitzgerald's quote a few weeks ago. "Training camp starts in a few weeks. I’m excited, it’s going to be another great year for the NFL.” It would appear the Cardinals made a take-it-or-leave-it offer and Fitz has thus far left it. It's also possible both sides know Fitz will eventually re-up, but he is taking the savvy veteran approach of sitting out a few weeks of the rigors of camp. Coming off the worst year of his career, Fitz would be returning more as a team leader/depth after the Cardinals signed A.J. Green and used a Day 2 pick on Rondale Moore. Fantasy value is not in his future.  

SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter 

Jul 27, 2021, 3:37 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread