What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Gabe Davis, BUF (1 Viewer)

BladeRunner

Footballguy
Didn't play him the first 5 weeks thinking he's going to bust because he's always been either all or nothing but then, lo and behold, he performs like a champ in weeks 2-5! Decided to slot him in for week 6 thinking he's finally turned a corner and he lays a turd. Then I figured, "That was just one game, I'll give him another chance". Laid and even bigger turd in Week 7. Now, clearly frustrated and in "I freakin' knew he was going to do this" mode, I pulled him out of my lineup for Week 8 in favor of Javonte Williams and, sure enough, he explodes for 97 yards and a TD.

17.9 points sitting on my bench. This guy is killing me.

That is all.

:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

Last edited:
Didn't play him the first 5 weeks thinking he's going to bust because he's always been either all or nothing but then, lo and behold, he performs like a champ in weeks 2-4! Decided to slot him in for week 6 thinking he's finally turned a corner and he lays a turd. Then I figured, "That was just one game, I'll give him another chance". Laid and even bigger turd in Week 7. Now, clearly frustrated and in "I freakin' knew he was going to do this" mode, I pulled him out of my lineup for Week 8 in favor of Javonte Williams and, sure enough, he explodes for 97 yards and a TD.

That is all.

Same EXACT thing here man

Didn't play him the first 5 weeks thinking he's going to bust because he's always been either all or nothing but then, lo and behold, he performs like a champ in weeks 2-4! Decided to slot him in for week 6 thinking he's finally turned a corner and he lays a turd. Then I figured, "That was just one game, I'll give him another chance". Laid and even bigger turd in Week 7. Now, clearly frustrated and in "I freakin' knew he was going to do this" mode, I pulled him out of my lineup for Week 8 in favor of Javonte Williams and, sure enough, he explodes for 97 yards and a TD.

That is all.

I'm at least glad we can be miserable together. 🍻

That is all.

I'm at least glad we can be miserable together. 🍻
Started him last week and he had one reception, so I started Pickens this week over him

Gabe is the absolute classic case of got to keep him in the lineup every single week. Get the all the ups along with the downs. I guess this can depend on what role he is fulfilling in your starting lineup, I’ve got him as a one of 3 flexes in two dynasty leagues and have had him in every single week as he’s shown he will hit paydirt regularly now. I’ll concede it might be more of a dilemma is he is your potential WR2-3

I don't see how you can trust Davis in the playoffs since he's thrown up 3 goose eggs since week 9.

My only other option is Joshua Palmer. My opponent is starting Allen and I’m a big favorite so Davis could cancel points from Allen. But the goose eggs scare me too. Just thinking it out.

This is the first time I’ve been at not wanting to buy him. 0 points in multiple weeks. That is hard to stomach if you do play him.
In the past I would have been willing to pay late first/2nds. Now I would probably grab him from the wire, but wouldn't pay for him.

Do we trust Gabe Davis in week 16?
Trust? No.
Plan to use him over guys like Njigba or Brandon Cooks? Perhaps
Hmm. I have him IN over JSN. I’d rather some points over the zero. Can Gabe really post 3 goose eggs in a row?
I'll going on record here and say this is the week he gets at least one point.
Doesn't this belong in the "bold takes" thread?

He’s dead to me. 1 goose egg I can forgive but multiple ones in a season ? No thanks. The traditional down weeks WERE worth the bump weeks but you just can’t be putting up zero points multiple times. Across 2 leagues I’ve started him 4 of those times. Luckily won 3 of those matches. He has gone from 2nd to 4th choice for the Bills. It’s done. Unstartable

Didn't play him the first 5 weeks thinking he's going to bust because he's always been either all or nothing but then, lo and behold, he performs like a champ in weeks 2-5! Decided to slot him in for week 6 thinking he's finally turned a corner and he lays a turd. Then I figured, "That was just one game, I'll give him another chance". Laid and even bigger turd in Week 7. Now, clearly frustrated and in "I freakin' knew he was going to do this" mode, I pulled him out of my lineup for Week 8 in favor of Javonte Williams and, sure enough, he explodes for 97 yards and a TD.

That is all.

He has been a very unique hit n miss, the ultimate Boom/Bust example in 2023

As many 20 pt games he's had, same if not more complete hole on your roster.
I argue that since he does this, many never get the riches when he does show up for one of his big games

Anyone else thinking of taking a big swing for the fences here?

You know…a “fortune favors the bold” kind of thing?

For context I am outgunned on paper v a 1 seed and Devonta Smith is looking shakier by the day as my WR2.

Hope you went and did this. Fair play. A valiant pick for an underdog to start

This guy is insane. He got me good here. Opponent had Pittman move out last minute and desperately plugged in Gabe. He is going to blow me out big time.

I get the frustration, I too am frustrated having him on my bench. I’m more frustrated with Allen than Gabe though. Gabe can’t help not being targeted by Allen. Both he and Diggs actually. It’s baffling.

I don’t care if he did blow up, I feel I made the right decision giving 3 goose eggs in four games.

Correct. If anyone did start him outside of any reason other than pure desperation I’d be questioning their thought making process tbh. Maybe as a huge underdog as detailed above. I sat him in one SF dynasty semi final which will absolutely screw me no doubt, because due to UK time I was asleep when Pittman was ruled out and Davis started his match. I then woke up in the middle of the night and started watching. Stupid hobby

I get the frustration, I too am frustrated having him on my bench. I’m more frustrated with Allen than Gabe though. Gabe can’t help not being targeted by Allen. Both he and Diggs actually. It’s baffling.
Can't believe I am saying this but for dynasty, I am at the point where I hope he signs somewhere else. Chargers, Chiefs?

Do we trust Gabe Davis in week 16?
Trust? No.
Plan to use him over guys like Njigba or Brandon Cooks? Perhaps
Hmm. I have him IN over JSN. I’d rather some points over the zero. Can Gabe really post 3 goose eggs in a row?
I'll going on record here and say this is the week he gets at least one point.
Doesn't this belong in the "bold takes" thread?
I really should have been a little bolder than just +0.

Users who are viewing this thread