Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Ref

Who is the current NFL O ROY?

65 posts in this topic

Seems like this week

David Bahktiari.

The rookie has stepped into the left tackle position and played it flawlessly, and with no help from T.E.'s or R.B's. It is his job to protect the franchise and to stone S.F.'s Smith Brother, the Raven's Suggs, all the Bengals, Jared Allen, and Detroit's lineup of future felons. He has absolutely done so and has contributed to the resurgent running game. There is not a GM in the league that would not give him the trophy.

Nice little plug for him and you are probably right in all of these regards. Problem is the media votes on this and they dont know a OT from a PB&J.

Lacy, Gio and then outside shot on Ellington depending on how arians uses him the rest of the way.

So 150 and 1 for Lacy this week and the same for Allen. Gio had a huge game and a signature run but came up hurt.

The race is heating up

That sound you hear is Zac Stacey rumbling up from the rear to pass the field.

1 person likes this

Beat me to it, I think by the end of the year it will be between Geno, Lacy, and Stacy.

Beat me to it, I think by the end of the year it will be between Geno, Lacy, and Stacy.

And Keenan Allen.

^ I would not count Keenan Allen out of it

He's be on fire lately and has become River's #1 target. When they need plays in the 4th, they went to Allen and he delivered.

In 3 of his last 4 games, he has put up AT LEAST: 6 rec / 107 yards / 1 TD

That's some damn good production for a rookie WR.

He's also facing DEN next week which could turn into a full blown shootout with DEN coming off a bye

It's a 4-horse race, and all 4 are on the rise. My current rankings: Keenan Allen, Gio, Lacy, Stacy.

LOL at Geno Smith even getting a single vote.

Geno will get a vote because he's a QB, the award heavily favors a QB. It doesn't hurt that the Jets are actually winning some games when we assumed they would be terrible.

It's a 4-horse race, and all 4 are on the rise. My current rankings: Keenan Allen, Gio, Lacy, Stacy.

LOL at Geno Smith even getting a single vote.

You're probably right, but he did play QB as the Jets upset one of the (arguably) top 5 teams in the NFL. Granted, he didn't cause the win, but he didn't lose it.

From this morning.

http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/11/05/mid-season-rookie-team/

2013 NFL Draft

Mid Season All Rookie Team

By Joe Mazzulo -

Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:17 am

... Offensive Rookie of the Year

Eddie Lacy – Running Back, Green Bay Packers

134 carries, 596 yards, 4 touchdowns and 12 catches for 78 yards.

Eddie Lacy has brought balance to the Green Bay offense and much needed relief for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

From this morning on GIO

he leads all rookie running backs in total yards (628), receiving yards (267), total touchdowns (six) and rushing touchdowns (four), and he is second behind Green Bay Packers RB Eddie Lacy in rushing yards (361). He is also avg 4.5 ypc to Lacy's 4.4.

Bernard has displayed above-average feet and lateral agility to make defenders miss in a confined area, and he flashes noticeable acceleration out of cuts. Although he lacks ideal power in his lower half, Bernard has excellent balance, which has allowed him to stay on his feet after contact. Bernard also is showing strong instincts and vision. He is setting up and using his blocks and has a strong feel for the cutback lanes.

Bernard displayed some of these strengths coming out of North Carolina. However, his biggest asset entering the 2013 draft was his versatility in the passing game, which has translated well to start his career. Bernard is a polished route-runner who shows above-average quickness out of cuts, shows natural hands and makes a quick transition up the field after the catch. Despite his lack of ideal size, Bernard has shown adequate awareness and technique with his sets in pass protection.

enjoy! http://www.sbnation.com/2013/11/1/5054926/gio-bernard-giovani-run

Edited by T with T

My list:

• Lacy - Will lock this award up if he's able to carry the load while Rogers is out hurt.
  • Gio - Phenomenally explosive, great talent, and his value to the team is becoming much more than complimentary
  • Geno - Signal caller for a winning Jets team, that's amazing in and of itself. Playing well, but the defense and running game are such big factors that it diminishes his performance, which has been solid but not spectacular.
  • Allen - Having an incredible season for a rookie WR, and having a big impact for the Chargers.
Edited by TheLurkerBelow

Unfortunately with Rodgers out, teams will put up 8-man fronts all day to stop Lacy and a run-first Seneca Wallace. And remember-- Green Bay's offensive line isn't that good to begin with, and they are pass-oriented. The Pack doesn't even have a TE now worth a damn for dump-offs.

They are going to get owned in the run game now.

I think Lacy hits a literal wall, and I am even more confident Keenan Allen will be ROY.

Edited by FavreAndAwayAnIdiot

I'd vote for Fluker right now, but no way a lineman wins it. Lacy seems most likely.

Larry Warford moves very well on the second level and he's a load.

No real updates this week I suppose, assuming Austin was so far out of the picture before his explosion this past week.

Both Lacy and Bernard had OK games, Allen laid a bit of an egg.

Smith threw up on himself

Allen got hurt

Lacy did little

What's it look like now?

could Zac Stacy keep doing his thing and get some respect ?

It's not imposable. That Rogers injury is going to hurt Lacys chances

Lacy in full on Beast Mode.

Gio had a Bye

Allen put up another good game.

Stacy is putting up numbers for the Rams.

If Geno wasn't out of the ROY race before, hes DOA now.

Allen could finish with 80 receptions for 1,100 yards and 6 TDs. Lacy might win it but running away with it is exaggeration.