What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rishard Matthews? (1 Viewer)

The fantasy community seems to still be completely dismissive of Rishard, but Coach Campbell referred to him as a beast and seemed to imply Parker wasn't going to pass him up any time soon. Can he remain a top 20 WR?

He is playing great football and is entrenched as our #2 and Tannehill loves him.

Landry

Matthews

Jordan

Stills

Is your target pecking order for the most part.

He is playing great football and is entrenched as our #2 and Tannehill loves him.

Landry

Matthews

Jordan

Stills

Is your target pecking order for the most part.
It seems like Matthews could be trending upward too based on usage last week.

He was inexplicably dropped in favor of Cole Beasley this week.

I'm going to bid on him next week, though I'm not sure how much.

Is he worth around 10% of FAAB?

He was inexplicably dropped in favor of Cole Beasley this week.

I'm going to bid on him next week, though I'm not sure how much.

Is he worth around 10% of FAAB?
I think so. In my standard league, he is WR20 based on ppg and usage is trending up. He played on 60/67 snaps last week which is by far the most of the season. Stills was only at 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Rishard Matthews suffered "multiple fractured ribs" in the Dolphins' Week 12 loss to the Jets.

He's out indefinitely. The Dolphins now figure to turn to first-round pick DeVante Parker as a starter down the stretch of their lost season. Although his usage was skewed by negative game script, Parker piled up 10 targets against the Jets, securing four for 80 yards and a touchdown. Parker should be added in 12-team fantasy leagues. Miami faces Baltimore in Week 13.

Source: Rand Getlin on Twitter

Nov 30 - 4:37 PM

Kenny Stills will also get plenty of looks going forward.

Shame for Rishard. He was having a nice season. He is a goner from this team as a free agent.

I didn't see any of this game, but it sounds like garbage time started pretty early. Lots of targets for both Stills and Parker. Which of those do you guys like better going forward, and why?

I didn't see any of this game, but it sounds like garbage time started pretty early. Lots of targets for both Stills and Parker. Which of those do you guys like better going forward, and why?
I think Stills will be on the field more with Parker getting most of his work in the red zone.

I think Stills will be on the field more with Parker getting most of his work in the red zone.
I think since Miami is virtually a long shot to make the playoffs, the rest of the season could be like "garbage time" for the offense. Parker could be the starter for Matthews the rest of the way to try and give the rookie some confidence going into next year. After Matthews went down, Parker had 59 snaps and Stills had 52 snaps.

I think since Miami is virtually a long shot to make the playoffs, the rest of the season could be like "garbage time" for the offense. Parker could be the starter for Matthews the rest of the way to try and give the rookie some confidence going into next year. After Matthews went down, Parker had 59 snaps and Stills had 52 snaps.
This is quite interesting. Did Parker essentially leapfrog Stills...stepping straight into Rishard's role?

Said to my friend before free agency started that Patriots is the team this kid will flourish  :)

Heard Patriots was interested on Rishard, had him a year on my bench just waiting for this and thought my fortune telling had really improved  :thumbup:

Got excited, so excited I baked a cake :excited:

Read he was signed by the Titans :no:

Ate the cake, the whole cake :yucky:

Feeling sick and frustrated  :X   :wall: :(

Said to my friend before free agency started that Patriots is the team this kid will flourish  :)

Heard Patriots was interested on Rishard, had him a year on my bench just waiting for this and thought my fortune telling had really improved  :thumbup:

Got excited, so excited I baked a cake :excited:

Read he was signed by the Titans :no:

Ate the cake, the whole cake :yucky:

Feeling sick and frustrated  :X   :wall: :(
while the Patriots would be better, he could do a lot worse than having MM as his QB for the next few years.

while the Patriots would be better, he could do a lot worse than having MM as his QB for the next few years.
I know, in fact Tennessee is not bad choice at all. I like that he will be opposite Dorial, while Wright is playing the slot. You never know, he could be the most reliable target of the whole team and I doubt Tennessee is drafting receivers in the first rounds. Still the thought of this guy playing with Brady...  :wall:

Titans signed WR Rishard Matthews to a one-year, $7.75 million contract extension through 2019.

This keeps him in Tennessee through his age-30 season. Matthews had been sidelined throughout camp for undisclosed reasons held from the media, but it now appears that "minor injury" was merely a holdout. He eclipsed 50 yards just once over the Titans' final six games after returning from a hamstring injury last season, but remains only one year removed from posting a 65-945-9 receiving line with Marcus Mariota. If there is no injury concern moving forward, he should immediately jump back on the radar as a confident selection in the mid-rounds of fantasy drafts.

Related: Titans

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Aug 21 - 9:06 AM

I wonder why Matthews would sign a team option for next year at this point. And a pretty cheap one at that. 

jtd13 said:
Does he want to be traded? 
He hasn't said a word. They tried to trade him before and during the draft and the only injury update we have is a twisted ankle.

Because he got paid more for that extra year than he is worth.
Was there some guaranteed money I missed? I saw it was a team option, which sounds like if he really isn't worth that going into 2019, Tennessee is not on the hook to pay him. 

As for whether he's worth a little under $8m for 1 year, it is less than Donte Moncrief got on a 1-year deal this offseason.

Just seems like a deal that pretty much only benefits the team. I don't get what his motivation would be to sign it now. Increasing his trade value would make sense if he is not jiving with Vrabel and wants out.

Was there some guaranteed money I missed? I saw it was a team option, which sounds like if he really isn't worth that going into 2019, Tennessee is not on the hook to pay him. 

As for whether he's worth a little under $8m for 1 year, it is less than Donte Moncrief got on a 1-year deal this offseason.

Just seems like a deal that pretty much only benefits the team. I don't get what his motivation would be to sign it now. Increasing his trade value would make sense if he is not jiving with Vrabel and wants out.
Home team discount? Bad agent? :shrug:

Paul Kuharsky reports Rishard Matthews is recovering from surgery to repair a torn meniscus and could be activated from the active/PUP list as early as next week.

We finally know the nature of Matthews' "undisclosed" ailment. Per Kuharsky, Matthews' operation was performed the first week of August. Matthews' status had been one of the summer's great mysteries, though we are still no closer to understanding his bafflingly team-friendly one-year extension. If Matthews can get in shape and conditioned, he will be out there with Corey Davis as a starter in Week 1, with Taywan Taylor joining in three-receiver sets. Even if Davis erupts, 28-year-old Matthews will have WR3 appeal if the Titans' offense can take its expected step forward.

Source: paulkuharsky.com 

Aug 23 - 5:33 PM

Came here to post about the meniscus. Matthews is done with his recovery from this and could practice any day now. Physically he is cleared- does everything required with the trainers and doc likes the results. They're just making sure he's ready and the timing around a game isn't really any good. Activating him to sit at home while they're in Pittsburgh doesn't really work. Expect him Monday

Week four is almost optional for veterans so that isn't expected. As long as he gets the practice reps for week one, that seems to be their goal.

Vrabel expects him to jump in right away in practice. He's expected to flip flop with Corey Davis as to who is slot and who is outside. The slot was the prime position in the Rams offense. This Titans offense is a mishmash of the Rams and the Titans previous and some things Vrabel likes over the years. 

Taywan Taylor is something like the current prototype for the slot with his cat quick lateral speed and OMG straight speed after he catches it. He has yet to play slot in practice (when reporters were there) but has played a few snaps in the preseason games. Those snaps were with the second unit. 

Rishard's whole game is being savvy. He has fine measurables but nothing wow. Since he entered the league he's simply just been very efficient and knows how to use his bod and get to a spot and all that. He is one of the best on 3rd down and he's done that facing an opposing team's top CB. If Davis draws the top CB, Matthews should be a safe prediction to be efficient again. 

He got more money in 2018 evidently.  So there's that.   Dude will be cut before 2019 most likely anyway.

Donte Moncrief got a gift from the Jags.  No clue what they were thinking.  Nobody should anchor on that outlier deal.

Rishard Matthews suggested his snaps will be limited early in the season.

Matthews practiced fully on Wednesday, but he missed all of training camp and the preseason recovering from a torn meniscus. With so much missed time in a new scheme, Matthews expects to be limited early. "That is kind of the plan, so wherever they need me," Matthews said. "The young guys have been doing good, so wherever they need me to contribute, I am ready to go in there and do what I have to do." With at least Corey Davis and Delanie Walker ahead of him, Matthews cannot be trusted in fantasy lineups this week, but he has quietly been a solid option the last couple seasons. He is worth a stash in deeper formats.

Source: titansonline.com 

Sep 6 - 9:32 AM

Patriots confirmed as one of the teams that tried to trade for him twice. Browns once. (During off-season)

I read on Rotoworld that he left the team and does not intend to return.
There is a backstory with him that I think can't be true.

We know he was given a flag from the base where his brother died and that he was overcome and had to sit during the anthem. He covered his face to hide tears. The fans were mean as could be and lumped him in with Kaep stuff. They completely missed his sacrifice, a brother.

Some say he left and link it to this but Rishard is known to not be shy on social media. He will delete tweets and accounts but he is not shy. He hasn't said boo so I doubt its this story. 

If it is, I'm really ashamed to be a Titans fan tonight. 

Scratch that. He posted he left the team. Not being used, asked for his release and will be granted. Titans can still trade for minimal to a late waiver team I suppose.

As is, he may get to return to his buddy Landry after all

I just don't understand his thinking. So boo freakin what if you are not being used. Play out the last year of your deal, take the $5 million, and find a new team for next year. Jeez. You were a 7th round pick who should be lucky to be making what most of us can only dream of making in an entire lifetime and you whine about not getting enough PT? Dang dude, look out for your family's future first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought Mathews was that great, but he did always seem to put up reliable numbers.  I hope he finds a new team to latch onto.  I'll give him a couple week hold period in dynasty, but with the Byes coming up, he is going to be a hard one to hang on to.  Hopefully a division rival will give him a shot.  The AFC south looks to have a couple teams with weak competition in the WR 2-3 range.

Users who are viewing this thread