What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kirk Cousins, ATL (13 Viewers)

Same as last year. One great game followed by a stinker
Hero to zero in 1 week
I remember an eerily similar situation in Philly last year with vick and foles:

Vick gets injured, foles comes in and lights it up. People rushed to the waiver wire to grab foles.

Next week foles had a horrific game. Similar to tonight with cousins. Everyone dropped him.

The next week he had like 6td passes. Everyone jumped back on board. Rest is history.

Not saying this is what WILL happen with cousins. But he put up a stinker tonight. Let's call it like it is. It's one game. Let's see how he bounces back next week.

Hero to zero in 1 week

Vick gets injured, foles comes in and lights it up. People rushed to the waiver wire to grab foles.

Next week foles had a horrific game. Similar to tonight with cousins. Everyone dropped him.

The next week he had like 6td passes. Everyone jumped back on board. Rest is history.

Not saying this is what WILL happen with cousins. But he put up a stinker tonight. Let's call it like it is. It's one game. Let's see how he bounces back next week.
well hes good at throwing INT`s tonight

Hero to zero in 1 week

This isn't out of the blue, Cousins has a history of collapsing into an INT machine when the pressure is on, dating back to college and every year in the NFL so far. He throws unbelievably dumb INT's the second it's crunch time.

if Cousins plays this good for the rest of his time as starter than Wash is going to have to break them up, question is which one will they choose and which one will the league give up the most for? Gotta think right now they would choose Cousins even though I think they would get more if they traded Capt Kirk.

Theres a lot of teams that could be interested next yr imo.

Mia (ready to move on from Tanny)

NYJ (Geno isn't starter material, would make a great backup)

Tenn (Locker wore out his welcome)

Hou (Fitz is a stoppage)

Tampa (they got hosed on the McCown deal)

Zona (Are they really going to pay Palmer 10 Mil, and if not are they really going to roll with Stanton)

StL (their done with Bradford and it would be funny if RGIII goes to the team that had his pick)

and for a longshot, NYG finally pulls the plug on Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning (17 Mil!!!!), hires the new coach and trades for Cousins or RGIII

even bigger longshot, Dal just misses the playoffs again and Jerry Jones finally cuts some heads including Romo's (17 Mil!!!); makes the deal with Wash for one of the QBs.
I think Washington might take any of those guys right about now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, devastating performance for Cousins. 5 turnovers in a little over 3 quarters. Gonna be tough to recover from that. Could be a career ender for the kid.

When Cousins told reporters that this is still RG3's team and he was ready to hand the team over was a HUGE red flag about this guy's confidence. Leaders just don't say things like that.

Hero to zero in 1 week

Problem is it's not just one game. Cousins is going to be 1-6 as a starter. He has a negative TD-INT ratio. He has more turnovers than games played. Lighting up the Eagles in a loss and the guy became a legend and better than RG3? C'mon. He could bounce back next week, but he's shown to be what he is. Good at times, inconsistent and a turnover machine.

Wow, devastating performance for Cousins. 5 turnovers in a little over 3 quarters. Gonna be tough to recover from that. Could be a career ender for the kid.
:lmao: so much overreaction in this thread. Hes super young and has very little experience. He has alot of learning to do. He will get that while RG3 heals. But he will likely go back to being the backup for the remainder of the season. He still has a shot at being a starter somewhere though if he can learn to play better under pressure/later in games. That comes with experience. I am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. But we will not know for a while.

:lmao: so much overreaction in this thread. Hes super young and has very little experience. He has alot of learning to do. He will get that while RG3 heals. But he will likely go back to being the backup for the remainder of the season. He still has a shot at being a starter somewhere though if he can learn to play better under pressure/later in games. That comes with experience. I am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. But we will not know for a while.
He's not super-young; he's 26. In fact, he's about 18 months older than RGIII. Coming into tonight's disaster he had 284 career passing attempts, which is half a season.

More concerned about Kirk's melt down than anything else. He didn't start doing really dumb stuff until his confidence got shattered. You could tell he was shaken judging by the anguish in his face. Goes along with the notion of Cousin's becoming a turnover machine when the pressure is on, as a lot of posters above have pointed out. Not a good quality for a quarterback.

He's not super-young; he's 26. In fact, he's about 18 months older than RGIII. Coming into tonight's disaster he had 284 career passing attempts, which is half a season.
Half a season is still young. Folks in here were ready to anoint him MVP off 2 games. like i said, they are both still young and the jury is out on both qbs. Lets see how Cousins bounces back for the time being.

that was an epic meltdown, literally throwing the ball directly to the giants with no WR's in sight.... he should have had a 6th TO if the giants would have challenged a sack fumble late in the 4th.

More concerned about Kirk's melt down than anything else. He didn't start doing really dumb stuff until his confidence got shattered. You could tell he was shaken judging by the anguish in his face. Goes along with the notion of Cousin's becoming a turnover machine when the pressure is on, as a lot of posters above have pointed out. Not a good quality for a quarterback.
Becoming a turnover machine when the pressure is on is not a good quality for a QB?

Problem is it's not just one game. Cousins is going to be 1-6 as a starter. He has a negative TD-INT ratio. He has more turnovers than games played. Lighting up the Eagles in a loss and the guy became a legend and better than RG3? C'mon. He could bounce back next week, but he's shown to be what he is. Good at times, inconsistent and a turnover machine.
Don't forget lighting up Atlanta last year. In a loss. A loss in which his turnover sealed the game. He bounced back with a bad performance the next week, and a horrible one the week after that.

The only reason there's buzz about this guy is "he's not Robert Griffin". As an NFL QB he hasn't played well enough that he could start for any team.

If Cousins plays well what the hell does that say for Griffin?! I mean Cousins sitting in the bench all year better not come in and outperform the guy getting all the snaps in practice and games since the start of the season.
If pigs flew, what does that say for birds?

:own3d:

Reminded me of late last year when Cousins came in for Griffin and did well one game at Atlanta (threw for close to 400 yards), he was a hugely popular start for week 16 because they were playing Dallas and of course he laid an egg. He wasn't as epically bad as last night but the sudden starter after 1 good game parallels were there.

I think people are overreacting just as much to this game as they did to the last game. Second-half meltdowns on Thursday night are fairly common. At least he looked decent for the first half.

I think people are overreacting just as much to this game as they did to the last game. Second-half meltdowns on Thursday night are fairly common. At least he looked decent for the first half.
He didn't have as many TOs in the first half, but he wasn't decent in the first half either.

I really want to see Cousins start as well but probably for the opposite reason than most in this thread. I want to see him get exposed as an average backup QB so that people will stop talking about him like he is a franchise QB. I think he is the most overrated player in the league and does nothing better than RG3 does.
You're getting your wish.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have owned both of these guys on a dynasty team since they were rookies. Cousins has always struck me as a guy who can put up some big numbers but can get careless at times and make more than his share of costly interceptions. He has been great in a small spurt and if he can keep it going I can see Washington sticking with him and shipping off RGIII.
Same Kirk Cousins. The talent to produce is there but so is the inconsistency.

Second guessed myself after starting the Eagles against Cousins week 3 and passed on picking up the Giants defense this week.

The Redskins are going to be gold for fantasy defenses.

I watched a decent amount of the game and man did he force deeper throws to WRs when he didn't need to do that. Morris and Helu looked great with some nice runs on short passes and it looked like they were open a lot more, but he just heaved up awful passes to double teamed WRs. Once they were down 10, it seemed like he was trying to throw an 80 yard TD like last week and wasn't close. I think it might have been the 1st or 2nd INT when they were down 24-14 after Morris' TD and Morris was wide open for a 5 yard pass on 1st or 2nd down with a decent chance to make one move and get a 1st down. Instead he tossed it up to Garcon who was blanketed and took long enough that the safety had an easy INT. That play was a microcosm of his play. They were coming back, scored, stopped the Giants and he didn't feel like grinding out another good drive. The Redskins D was finally playing a bit better and then he wore them out to the point that they had nothing and the rout was on.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I have owned both of these guys on a dynasty team since they were rookies. Cousins has always struck me as a guy who can put up some big numbers but can get careless at times and make more than his share of costly interceptions. He has been great in a small spurt and if he can keep it going I can see Washington sticking with him and shipping off RGIII.
:tebow:

I don't know if anyone else saw but after the 3rd and 4th int all he did was roll his eyes... I think confidence will come back, I just think he stopped caring at some point in that game... too bad next week wont be any easier.

He didn't have as many TOs in the first half, but he wasn't decent in the first half either.
Sure he was. He had nearly 200 yards passing, 12 yards rushing, a TD, and zero INTs in the first half. That's decent. Seconds half was a bad dream that he'll have 10 days to wake up from.

I don't know if anyone else saw but after the 3rd and 4th int all he did was roll his eyes... I think confidence will come back, I just think he stopped caring at some point in that game... too bad next week wont be any easier.
i'm sure that didn't happen and if it did, he shouldn't be playing QB

Users who are viewing this thread