What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I need a fix........... (1 Viewer)

Nice pace on the draft and pretty solid drafting all around. Definitely liked my week one team better than this one, but we'll see.

QB - P Manning

RB - DeAngelo Williams

WR - TY Hilton

TE - J Graham and Z Miller

Sorry for the delay as well fellas. Heat broke at my in laws, and it was so cold in the house, I couldn't type or click!

QB - Wilson

RB - Lynch

RB/flex - Vereen

WR - Boldin

Very good chance these 4 out score my 45 points from last week...lol

Sweet, I feel the same way.

Not too confident with woodhead as my only rb, but Edelman, Colston, and smurf make a fair trio.

Should have taken Olsen first, butt oh well

Actually, should have taken the 5 slot

Last edited by a moderator:
Like my team, especially if Rivers can have a reasonably good game as the last QB selected and Payton goes to the ground game to stay with the Seahawks. I mean, who in fantasy football has ever been burned by relying on Philip Rivers and Mark Ingram ;)

QB Rivers

RB Gore (K)

WR Crabtree (K)

WR Welker

TE Gates

Flex Ingram

PK TBD

Defense Panthers

If you kept two guys, please put in a dummy pick for round 7 so that the guys that only kept 1 can fill in their roster. There are lots of "FA" RB's/WR's you can put in there (e.g. Beanie Wells)...

Brady

D Brown

G Tate

Harvin

J Thomas

V Davis

Prater

Defense

Tried to maximize keepers for next round. Two of Julius, Percy, Brady, and Davis would be nice. Hope I wasn't too confident about my cushion to move on. Several potential 0-5 point guys on this roster.

There really are a lot of running backs available for fake picks in round 7 and I have chosen a few so as to not hold up the draft.

Carry on guys, it's been a pleasure drafting a playoff contest with all of y'all!

Hope that the games this weekend match last weekend's actions.

QB - Wilson

RB - Lynch

Flex - Vereen

WR - Boldin (K)

WR - Moore

TE - Green

DEF TBD

K TBD

After compiling (aka "trickling") a whopping 43 points on the board last week, I feel I should be about 60+points better this week. I only kept one player, and really just did that as it would have been too much of a disadvantage to go in without any keepers. I think I got lucky when I was slotted to pick 4th and grabbed Lynch. While the impact WRs were gone on the turn (which is likely why I got that slot), I feel pretty confidant Vereen will give me about 12-15 points. My next "keeper" was going to be Rivers, and I planned on grabbing him late, but Wilson was staring at me and I felt I needed the upgrade (I don't think that game is going to be the shoot out everyone expects, and Rivers will play it close to the vest like last week).

BTW, can we unpack "43 points" a moment? I honestly don't think I ever put up only 43 points going back to my TD-only leagues in the 90s. That's it, I think the MFL scoring for my team was broken last week.

I think it was a setup issue - site wouldn't allow a draft pick to be made when he had 8 players already. I moved the limits to 9, so we should be good to go now

Projections are often conservative so it is more difficult to gain an advantage using them.

That said, using last week's score and projections for this week, last week's score plus projections, the top four from last week advance.

Good luck to all and hopefully will see three pd y'all her next week naming keepers and doing a four team draft, which I have never done.

Projections are often conservative so it is more difficult to gain an advantage using them.

That said, using last week's score and projections for this week, last week's score plus projections, the top four from last week advance.

Good luck to all and hopefully will see three pd y'all her next week naming keepers and doing a four team draft, which I have never done.
What happens when OM gets the big fat 0 from Mathews? :)

jeaton6 said:

What happens when OM gets the big fat 30 from Mathews? :)
fixed

jeaton6 said:

What happens when OM gets the big fat 30 from Mathews? :)
fixed
My bad thanks for taking care for me...

So we are done and nobody drafted Trent Richardson. Can he be the Knile Davis / Mark Ingram this week?
Trent sucks. That is all, carry on.
kardplayer drafted Ingram, but would all of y'all prefer him to Richardson?
Hard to trust Richardson. No idea what his workload will be. If Pierre out have to figure Ingram looking at 15+ touches (and more if they somehow get a lead). At this point I prefer Ingram over Richardson in this format.

Not sure if this will be an issue but right now mfl is only showing the live scoring associated with our keepers. The other players don't even show up...

Looks like guys are on rosters and now in Live scoring, but not as starters. Fortunately, next week is a "fresh" week, so the four remaining teams will start with 0...

Since live scoring not working here's what I've come up with through yesterday's games. First numbers are this rounds scoring second are cumulative including last week.

OM 11.70 129.15, 6 players left

Kard 17.9 112.95, 6 left

Broncos 29.45 107.35, 4 left

Jeaton 87.05 210.75, 3 left

Stephen 20.2 175.65, 5 left

Fubar 73.2 136.65, 4 left

Sweet 54.35 100.05, 3 left

Bamac 29.7 158.9

My take on this is top 4 definitely up for grabs! Good luck today gents.

If my math is right (someone should check for sure)...

jeaton 241.15

Stephen Holloway 218.35

Bamac 192.6

Old Mil 185.9

fubar 185.25

kardplayer 174.4

broncos 163.45

sweet love 131.35

I must be doing something wrong but I actually got OM one point lower and Fubar 1 higher...Not sure if I missed any DST fumble recoveries? Hopefully live scoring works tomorrow...

jeaton 241.15

Stephen Holloway 218.15

Bamac 192.6

fubar 186.25

Old Mil 184.9

kardplayer 176.4

broncos 163.45

sweet love 131.35

Share Share

If you click on each team, all the newly drafted players are on the bench - I used those scores.

That said, I looked and had typed in Julian Edelman's score wrong. I now have fubar in

Code:
	Total          LW	QB	RB	WR	WR	TE	Flex	PK	Defold mil	 185.90 	117.45	24.75	2.6	10.7	8	0	16.4	1	5fubar	 188.25 	63.45	23.3	6.9	31.4	14.4	19.4	17.4	8	4

I suggest that the four remaining teams have a six round draft. If there are teams that only keep one player and need to add another player after the six round draft is completed, they can add their final pick via waiver wire but the pick must be made within 12 hours of the draft's completion.

Our scoring might have been scrambled because we failed to complete the draft?

My last questions. After we complete the draft this week are all four teams battling for the high score over the next two rounds or will two more be eliminated after this week? If two more are eliminated, will we have a final draft the week before the Super Bowl for only the two remaining teams?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is a unique league and I failed to ask enough questions early on in the process.

Congrats to all four advancers!

I think the lack of completing the draft probably contributed (although it really shouldn't).

4 teams this week, 2 teams next week.

For this week, everyone post your keepers in this thread by Tuesday end of day, and I'll keep playing with MFL to figure out where we're at and how to set it up so it works better this week. My apologies for the cluster that this is. I've used MFL for playoff leagues before, but never with the draft feature.

I suggest that the four remaining teams have a six round draft. If there are teams that only keep one player and need to add another player after the six round draft is completed, they can add their final pick via waiver wire but the pick must be made within 12 hours of the draft's completion.

My last questions. After we complete the draft this week are all four teams battling for the high score over the next two rounds or will two more be eliminated after this week? If two more are eliminated, will we have a final draft the week before the Super Bowl for only the two remaining teams?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is a unique league and I failed to ask enough questions early on in the process.

In the below post of next steps you had said top 2 advance as is (ie no draft). No one disagreed so I'm assuming that's the rule. Will make drafting for this round a little more interesting...

Like This

Stephen Holloway

02 Jan 2014

My recollection of the future

1) Nobody is eliminated after the first round

2) Next Tuesday, we announce our two keepers

3) Next Wednesday, we have a 6 round draft to supplement the keepers

4) Top four cumulative scoring teams for the first two weeks advance

5) The next Tuesday those four teams announce their two keepers

6) The next Wednesday those four teams have six round draft to supplement

7) Top two teams advance as is

Please discuss to see if the above is correct

In the below post of next steps you had said top 2 advance as is (ie no draft). No one disagreed so I'm assuming that's the rule. Will make drafting for this round a little more interesting...

Like This

Stephen Holloway

02 Jan 2014

The intention was to redraft each week, including super bowl week. I must have missed #7.

In the below post of next steps you had said top 2 advance as is (ie no draft). No one disagreed so I'm assuming that's the rule. Will make drafting for this round a little more interesting...Like This

Stephen Holloway

02 Jan 2014

The intention was to redraft each week, including super bowl week. I must have missed #7.
Got it.

I'll keep P. Manning and well, well, well I am not sure about the other one. I think that I need to sleep on it.

I think the lack of completing the draft probably contributed (although it really shouldn't).

4 teams this week, 2 teams next week.

For this week, everyone post your keepers in this thread by Tuesday end of day, and I'll keep playing with MFL to figure out where we're at and how to set it up so it works better this week. My apologies for the cluster that this is. I've used MFL for playoff leagues before, but never with the draft feature.
No aplology needed. We are just happy to be drafting with fellow Footballguys and appreciate all your efforts here!

Users who are viewing this thread