What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (4 Viewers)

He sat out Wednesday and was limited today. If he can practice tomorrow I think he will have a great shot at suiting up.

Collins however still not back at practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amendola at practice again today, no word if it was limited or not.

Collins also returned to practice, first time in like 5 weeks - wonder what he had.

Amendola at practice again today, no word if it was limited or not.

Collins also returned to practice, first time in like 5 weeks - wonder what he had.
Reiss from ESPN Boston doesn't seem to think Amendola will play. Obviously I would love a win this week, but I almost feel like they are better off sitting him this week or for multiple weeks until he's fully healthy and ready to go for the playoffs.

Collins ended up being listed as doubtful. He would really give the defense that huge edge Sunday night, especially in the cold/snow against an inexperienced QB.

They are gonna tear up the lobster no matter what. Brady might get knocked around.

Between the Kubiak offense (which, I can't figure out why it's all of a sudden the second coming) and a green, green qb, I don't see why the defense can't maybe grab us some points, or put us in some real good spots this week.

And I think we might need some of that. I hope to see progress with the replacements on offense -- hope LaFell and White continue to come along. The Edelman shortage seemed pretty glaring last week.

And I agree no way should they rush DA.

A lot of speculation and conjecture that Gronk will play some at receiver this week with the receiving corps banged up.

The consistently pretty awesome Stephen White has a piece about how the Bills schemed to stop Gronk. re: Anarchy's point, RG was lined up wide quite a bit in that game.
It may indeed be a good piece, but hard for me to trust the writer when he can't get simple facts correct in the opening paragraph! Pats were never 2-4 and anyone who is writing/reading about them should know that. Their level of excellence is so high that I am sure that to them and their fan base that 2-2 FELT like 2-4, but fact is that they were never 2-4.

The consistently pretty awesome Stephen White has a piece about how the Bills schemed to stop Gronk. re: Anarchy's point, RG was lined up wide quite a bit in that game.
It may indeed be a good piece, but hard for me to trust the writer when he can't get simple facts correct in the opening paragraph! Pats were never 2-4 and anyone who is writing/reading about them should know that. Their level of excellence is so high that I am sure that to them and their fan base that 2-2 FELT like 2-4, but fact is that they were never 2-4.
Well, I let him know. He's pretty responsive on twitter, so...

With Dola out TE Asante Cleveland was signed from the practice squad - not Fauria.

Gonna be a lot of TE work Sunday night.

What do you guys think about Harper going forward? Could he be the next Welker/Edelman type breakout player? Thinking about adding him in redraft just incase he has a decent game. Think he'll be the kick returner as well

What do you guys think about Harper going forward? Could he be the next Welker/Edelman type breakout player? Thinking about adding him in redraft just incase he has a decent game. Think he'll be the kick returner as well
Amendola should be back soon, so unless you think Harper shows up big this week I am not so sure he has a lot of redraft value.

He looked okay in the preseason. Martin really impressed me tho, better than Dobson ever looked.

I don't think Harper is gonna get a lot of snaps without another major injury.

Lots of people elsewhere seem worried about the Broncos defense because of what they did to Rodgers. Let's remember that Jay Cutler and a Bears team without Alshon, Forte, and Royal passed for 265yds and almost beat the Broncos if it wasn't for stupid coaching mistakes 2 weeks ago. Also Belichick is smarter than McCarthy. Should be a good game regardless of Amendola, Williams, and Collins being out.

Lots of people elsewhere seem worried about the Broncos defense because of what they did to Rodgers. Let's remember that Jay Cutler and a Bears team without Alshon, Forte, and Royal passed for 265yds and almost beat the Broncos if it wasn't for stupid coaching mistakes 2 weeks ago. Also Belichick is smarter than McCarthy. Should be a good game regardless of Amendola, Williams, and Collins being out.
Yep, Eddie Royal, who had 3 catches for 2 yards in the last game he played with the Bears, is such an integral part of their offense. :lol:

I think the Broncos defense > Pats banged up offense. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but the accumulation of injuries finally catches up to them versus the Bronco's D. Osweiler looks competent and the Pats' D just isn't amazing, especially without Collins.

Legitimately feel bad for you guys because of the injuries. Can't really remember something like this.
Yup and they are still 10-1 despite all of these injuries. They have the best QB and kicker in football so I sure as hell am not betting against them come playoff time.

I missed the Gronk injury, look bad? If he doesn't come back we're in trouble. Refs stunk tonight and seemed to call it Denvers way. Injuries led to Harper, Harper led to loss....

As far as the loss, not the worst thing, get it out of the way. The whole "undefeated" pressure is gone, still in good shape for home field, great shape for bye. I was surprised White didn't do more, Blount nothing. Sucked.

I missed the Gronk injury, look bad? If he doesn't come back we're in trouble. Refs stunk tonight and seemed to call it Denvers way. Injuries led to Harper, Harper led to loss....

As far as the loss, not the worst thing, get it out of the way. The whole "undefeated" pressure is gone, still in good shape for home field, great shape for bye. I was surprised White didn't do more, Blount nothing. Sucked.
It didn't look bad but his reaction did.

Immediately ruled out and taken off on a cart.

Man what a ####show. Seems like the officials are trying to one up themselves every week. So many awful/missed calls.

At literally every turn the Pats were getting jobbed, the injuries weren't bad enough the refs ####### refused to throw laundry at the broncos while they couldn't keep it off the field against the Pats.

To top it off, the foregone conclusion, I mean self fulfilling prophecy, I mean the gameplan to take Gronk out of the game went off with only a short delay due to Ward going down early.

Hightower, Gronk :(

Some initial unofficial reports are that Gronk may have avoided serious injury, seen standing at his locker after the game... but we'll see. Hopefully just a hyperextended knee, week or 2 thing.

Pats got hit with every ticky tack and even some completely fictional bull####. Every one of Denvers crucial drives was held together by an awful or missed call.

I only saw the play that made BB mad before the field goal late in the fourth, but the refs didn't do anything wrong there, didn't see ot due to a lost connection but I thought Denver got most calls that seem to go to a home team, but nothing out if the ordinary. The Broncos simply controlled the game and I think the better team won tonight. We'll see what happens in the playoffs when they will surely meet again.

Pats got called with holding and hands to the face multiple times, on each one of those bombs to Sanders, Chandler Jones was getting his helmet ripped off - like egregiously.

Imagine where Gronk would be right now if the league didn't officiate him like he was Harrison Bergeron.

Follow

Scott ZolakVerified account@scottzolak
Talked to others close to it that 87 has been singled out by league to target him on consistent basis for more push offs on him. Singled out

I'd rather see them lose in Week 12 than during the playoffs. The Patriots are still the best team in the AFC and Brady almost got it done against the best defense in the league while missing most of his offensive playmakers. I don't see this team losing in the playoffs if they have Edelman, Dola and Gronk back.

I'd rather see them lose in Week 12 than during the playoffs. The Patriots are still the best team in the AFC and Brady almost got it done against the best defense in the league while missing most of his offensive playmakers. I don't see this team losing in the playoffs if they have Edelman, Dola and Gronk back.
Denver was missing some of their defensive players, and playing with a QB who was only getting his second start.

It was a quality win by Denver to be sure. But this isn't the Denver thread.

The Patriots committed some dumb penalties late. Whether they were good calls or not is irrelevant. They should have avoided the whole situation by running out some clock in the fourth quarter. The Broncos got four drives in the fourth quarter. That should never have happened.

The Patriots got OK play from chandler, but lafell was outmatched against an outstanding secondary. They really need to get him going.

If things go well the pats could get gronk, Amendola and Edelman back in time for the playoffs, plus get their o line a little healthier.

The pats are no longer a lock for a first round bye. They are still clearly in the driver's seat, but they may need to win out to lock up home field.

Brady without Edelman and Amendola and without gronk for the last little bit still had a very good game on the road in the snow against arguably the best defense in the league. Amazing.

I can't believe Blount had 9 carries. I think I remember 4. It should have been 19. I get that they wanted their pass catching backs in there, but sometimes you just want your best runner to carry the ball. A 4th quarter lead in the snow is a classic example. So frustrating.

Denver was missing some of their defensive players, and playing with a QB who was only getting his second start.
That QB gives them a better chance to win though than the other guy.

Pending MRI, this loss is a bummer but acceptable pending positive news from Gronk's MRI.

Denver is a very solid team and they needed overtime at home to take out a Patriots squad who, by EOG, were missing so many guys, they accounted for 95% of offensive yardage through the air. That's staggering.

Including the loss of Gronk, the receiving corps Denver beat accounted for 2 receptions for 13 yards in the first week of the season. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread