What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** Prospects and Mid-Season Callup Thread (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit said:
Mets gonna Mets. 
It's pretty damn inexplicable that he's not up yet.  I know the Mets are a horrible organization but what do they have to lose to bring him up?  What does he have left to prove in AAA?  Maybe they think Reyes will turn it around.     :lmao:  

A's calling up Matt Chapman today. Interesting prospect. He's a potential gold glover at third base, and he has massive power, averaging a HR about every 15 plate appearances the last 3 years in the minors.

He also strikes out more than 30 percent of the time and has a history of wrist injuries. He'll probably whiff a lot at first but the combination of his defense and the A's being bad should keep him in the lineup regularly.

GM Sandy Alderson reiterated that the Mets have no plans to call up top SS prospect Amed Rosario despite injuries to Asdrubal Cabrera (thumb) and Neil Walker (hamstring).
:rant:

I hate the Mets.  I really hate them more than the Yankees.  Nobody on the roster is healthy; best prospect toils away in Las Vegas.  

I'm hoping Brendon Rodgers gets promoted to AA Hartford before July 4th so I can go watch him when they are in my local area to play Bowie. Promotion seems imminent the way he's raking. 

Sabathia is out for 6 weeks.  It won't happen immediately but Chance Adams should get a call before CC returns

How did Luis Castillo look tonight? I picked him up but didn't want to start him vs. the Nats.

jamny said:
Possibly/Probably

He'll get one more start and could impress enough to keep him around a little longer.
Hmmm...looks like they've made the call already. Hopefully he fares better than Amir Garrett.

Reds manager Bryan Price confirmed Saturday that Luis Castillo will remain in the club's starting rotation.

Even with the return of Homer Bailey and Brandon Finnegan, the Reds will leave their prized pitching prospect in the rotation after he pitched well in Friday's debut against the Nationals. Castillo should be able to carve out mixed league value the remainder of the season due to his strikeout ability.

The streaking Giants are calling up Jae Gyun Hwang.  He's hit well in AAA but is reportedly horrendous defensively. 

No idea if or where he'll play but I'm irrationally excited about the call up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post-hype sleeper Ketel Marte recalled by Arizona.   I doubt he'll get enough PAs to matter but he's having a bounceback season at altitude in AAA.

The streaking Giants are calling up Jae Gyun Hwang.  He's hit well in AAA but is reportedly horrendous defensively. 

No idea if or where he'll play but I'm irrationally excited about the call up.
The team really seems to like him. Great reception in the dugout after his homerun yesterday.

Nick Williams up! The power is intriguing, the K's are ample :popcorn:  
The report I read said his approach is so bad that he really has very little room for error if he's going to be successful at the MLB level. They said if he makes all the right adjustments and everything breaks just right for him, he could be Adam Jones minus the defense. Not a horrible ceiling, but not exactly a ringing endorsement either.

E-Z Glider said:
The report I read said his approach is so bad that he really has very little room for error if he's going to be successful at the MLB level. They said if he makes all the right adjustments and everything breaks just right for him, he could be Adam Jones minus the defense. Not a horrible ceiling, but not exactly a ringing endorsement either.
His BB/k rate is just abysmal. Adam Jones was a pretty elite fantasy player for four or five years. His BB rate was 5% but he didn't K much and his hard hit rate was high. 

Williams projects as a poor man's Adam Jones just because hitting .300 in the majors with a 30% k rate is nearly impossible. 

I own him in dynasty and am not all that optimistic.  I am happy the Phils are giving him a shot though. 

Devers and Acuna both bumped to AAA :popcorn:  

With Sawx 3B issues not shocked to see Devers get the bump, possibly seeing how he does in AAA before making a trade. Acuna is a bit of a surprise though. 

Kraft... said:
Devers and Acuna both bumped to AAA :popcorn:  

With Sawx 3B issues not shocked to see Devers get the bump, possibly seeing how he does in AAA before making a trade. Acuna is a bit of a surprise though. 
Acuna 3-5 with a homer and a walk at his aaa debut. He's just raking. 

Panda DFA'd, guessing they give Devers a couple weeks to see how he adjusts and make a trade decision. If they like what they see I could see them sticking with the scrubs for a bit then bringing up Devers for the stretch in late August/early September. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

Acuna is killing it but he still so young and there doesn't seem to be a short term need in ATL. The talent is there just surprised they made the move so early. Teams are taking the leap on prospects earlier now days, not a bad thing IMO. 

Yeah I think Devers is up for good unless he really strugles, snake is out of the can at this point IMO. 

It does seem like lots of prospects are getting an early shot this year, new trend I guess :shrug:  

I doubt this happens. Nunez can play multiple positions, and Moreland has been awful, so we may even see Devers DH
Yeah, production and health will sort it all out over the next month or so.  Sox were getting painted into corners since their internal options have all been moved via trade.  Not sure which hole Nunez will end up filling, but I'm sure there will be at least one.  And he has the flexibility to move all around and fill in whatever it is.  

If they're all hitting then the team is probably in good shape for October and he can just rotate around giving guys days off all over the diamond.  Corner OF probably isn't an option in that park though.

What are we expecting from Luke Weaver? RP eligible and I'm chasing wins, hoping Lynn gets dealt and he sticks.

You'd think MiLB could find a better timeslot for the Futures Game than Sunday afternoon.  They have three out of the next four days without big league games.
This might help explain, from the cbssports comments:

Yeah, but ESPN might have to miss one night of pimping their summer league blacksetball games. ESPN has been a TERRIBLE partner for MLB. ESPN's heart is in blacksetball - not baseball which they hardly even mention on their numerous talking head shows. MLB would be better off in the long run dumping ABC and ESPN altogether and taking less money from Fox Sports Network in exchange for exclusivity and a real promotion of their game.

One problem with Futures Game is that it coexists with the All-Star games held by each minor league.  There are only so many dates available.

I would still like to see baseball do a better job of publicizing prospects.  There's probably not a huge audience for it but I think it would generate some interest. 

One problem with Futures Game is that it coexists with the All-Star games held by each minor league.  There are only so many dates available.

I would still like to see baseball do a better job of publicizing prospects.  There's probably not a huge audience for it but I think it would generate some interest. 
I think they're doing better.  Have prospects shows and the like on MLB Network.  MLB Draft show.  There's an MLB Pipeline team of the week showcasing minor league guys on the MLB site.  Next step is bigger audience for the Futures Game.  

Would be nice if they could get a deal with ESPN or Fox or something to show an MiLB game a week.  Shoot, even have MLB Network broadcast one.  Might be more value to the Network in doing that than simulcasting RSN broadcasts of big league games like they do now.  I hate those...they're blacked out more often than not for me with my 6 'local' teams in Iowa and the local team always being shown.

Duda Dealt, dust off your Dom Smith shares. He should be getting the call to the bigs any day now.

Already scooped by @rodg12 in one league <_<

Users who are viewing this thread