What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** Prospects and Mid-Season Callup Thread (1 Viewer)

Red Sox promote IF Michael Chavis to replace the lifeless bodies of Pedroia and Nunez.

Chavis missed most of last season due to a PED suspension so he has a limited recent resume and under 100 AAA PAs.  He's hit for some power in the minors but with a 25% strikeout rate.  There's no speed to speak of and some question if his glove will work at 2B.
I grabbed him, but moreso just to flip him to a Red Sox fan. 

Drafted him in Uber. :shrug:

let's see what the kid can do. Not like anybody else in Boston is turning heads for the right reason. 
Maybe Chavis can stick at 2B.  If he can manage, he could be there for a while.  The Sox organization is very thin on prospects right now, especially MIs. 

In any case, he's a more intriguing fantasy option than Tzu-Wei Lin.

Pirates calling up SS Cole Tucker and OF Bryan Reynolds to fill the holes left by the Gonzalez-Marte collision.

Tucker has been a highly regarded prospect, but more for his glove than anything. However he does run a lot (35 SB at AA last year, 5 already at AAA this year), and reportedly bulked up a bit this offseason and has been flashing some power. The Pittsburgh roster offers very few obstacles to him taking the full-time job, and if he does there’s potential for 10+ HR and 20+ SB.

Reynolds isn’t on any top prospect lists but has hit over .300 at every minor league stop and has been really good with the bat to start this year.

Pirates calling up SS Cole Tucker and OF Bryan Reynolds to fill the holes left by the Gonzalez-Marte collision.

Tucker has been a highly regarded prospect, but more for his glove than anything. However he does run a lot (35 SB at AA last year, 5 already at AAA this year), and reportedly bulked up a bit this offseason and has been flashing some power. The Pittsburgh roster offers very few obstacles to him taking the full-time job, and if he does there’s potential for 10+ HR and 20+ SB.

Reynolds isn’t on any top prospect lists but has hit over .300 at every minor league stop and has been really good with the bat to start this year.
Best of luck w/ him in Serious Biz

Bob Nightengale says Vlad coming Tuesday. Nothing from Toronto beat reporters yet. 

If they're thinking about less pressure/spotlight, Leafs have a game 7 and Raptors game 5 at home Tuesday, so no one will be watching or at the game...

We should see Vlad in Toronto soon, but it will be a while before Bo Bichette gets there. He got hit by a pitch and broke his hand at AAA.

Doubtful he takes the ball, but Darwinzon Hernandez has been called up for Boston's double header today.  I think eventually he is the Red Sox closer as soon as this season.  But what do I know?

A second Tommy John surgery for Padres prospect Anderson Espinoza.  He was highly regarded as a teen in the Red Sox organization but hasn't pitched since 2016.  He'll hopefully return as a 22 year old in 2020.

A second Tommy John surgery for Padres prospect Anderson Espinoza.  He was highly regarded as a teen in the Red Sox organization but hasn't pitched since 2016.  He'll hopefully return as a 22 year old in 2020.
dang. Sox have a terrible record w pitching phenoms but i follow em all. liked this'n more than Kopech. dang

Doubtful he takes the ball, but Darwinzon Hernandez has been called up for Boston's double header today.  I think eventually he is the Red Sox closer as soon as this season.  But what do I know?
watched last night. lively fast ball, definitely a fly ball pitcher, batters had his low pitches figured out better than he did. threw a coupla sliders once he got comfy and they looked promising. not as wild as i thought he'd be, but not locating well

Last edited by a moderator:
The Reds outfield continues to be a train wreck in every possible way and Senzel is healthy and playing now in Louisville. It has to be soon. 

Schebeler hits like a pitcher so far and is literally getting replaced by a pitcher when they want fly balls caught out there. Senzel  could come up and be a replacement level hitter and easily upgrade the team.  

Cavan Biggio is hitting .418/.522/.636 in AAA (he's who I was really checking out when I posted Travis Snider's numbers). I pulled the trigger on him in the last league he wasn't owned so I'm willing to post now. He was 26/20 last year in AA  and the power is looking more real. The OBP has been there from the start.

He's 24 (drafted in 2016), so shouldn't need a lot more time down there and I can't imagine there are worries about whether or not they control his age 30/31 seasons and the Jays have the likes of Alen Hanson, Eric Sogard and Richard Urena on their big league roster right now, there should be space.

He's never been a "top" prospect and Keith Law hates him but his age, production, opportunity and the Jays current situation all seem like he should be there soon, especially now that Vlad is up and the next wave is here. Probably a better fantasy player than real life but that's what we care about, right?

Ryan Mountcastle of the Orioles can hit and he’ll hit in the majors. He was a SS two years ago, then got moved over to 3B. Now because “the Orioles are is desperate need of production at first base,” he’s started 19 of 21 games in AAA at 1B. 

Do the ####### Orioles know they are in “desperate need of production” from every infield position? Why not just keep Mountcastle at 3B knowing the increased value you get organizationally if he sticks there? You have four more years of Chris Davis at $23mm/yr, no farm system, and a bunch of dregs in the majors. What a bunch of dopes. 

RHP Griffin Canning is getting called up to start Tuesday for the Anaheims.  He was impressive last year until he met the PCL.   He's learned something because his ERA there this year is 0.56 in 16 IP.

Of course, TINSTAAPP is a double points word when it comes to the Angels.

Nate Lowe promoted by Rays, he should get PT vs righties at the very least. Worth rostering to see how it pans out IMO  :shrug:  

Cavan Biggio is hitting .418/.522/.636 in AAA (he's who I was really checking out when I posted Travis Snider's numbers). I pulled the trigger on him in the last league he wasn't owned so I'm willing to post now. He was 26/20 last year in AA  and the power is looking more real. The OBP has been there from the start.

He's 24 (drafted in 2016), so shouldn't need a lot more time down there and I can't imagine there are worries about whether or not they control his age 30/31 seasons and the Jays have the likes of Alen Hanson, Eric Sogard and Richard Urena on their big league roster right now, there should be space.

He's never been a "top" prospect and Keith Law hates him but his age, production, opportunity and the Jays current situation all seem like he should be there soon, especially now that Vlad is up and the next wave is here. Probably a better fantasy player than real life but that's what we care about, right?
Playing RF tonight for the first time this year, so add Socrates Brito and Billy McKinney to the list of guys he can replace. 

And he looks ok: https://twitter.com/BuffaloBisons/status/1123351841713074177?s=19

Alvarez or Biggio, purely from a playing time opportunity for this season?
well, i own Alvarez in a 15team roto redraft (cakeleeg) where Biggio is available, but its close. i actually had Bichette (i have 2 NAs on my bench - drafted Senzel the other - simply cuz i'm treading water near the top, nobody's trading and the waivermeat is not replacement value) because i thought the Jays might go wtf and bring up all three IF prodigies at the same time, but he got hurt & i guess Biggio will have to wait til Sogard regresses to the mean now. simply don't like that White/Reddick/Kemp triumverate at the bottom of the Astro lineup and, with the Astros just not breaking away from the pack and Yordan getting 6 hits with 10 runs produced in a doubleheader yesterday, he feels like a May callup w higher ceiling

I think Alvarez is a much better prospect but I think Biggio has the better 2019 opportunity. I own both in different leagues, I think I'd go Biggio redraft, Alvarez dynasty.

I really don't know how much longer the Jays can justify running Alen Hanson and/or Socrates Brito out there (and Drury, McKinney, Gurriel, Teoscar, whoever are no hot #### either). And as I said above, Biggio is 24, the usual age/service time issues aren't really a factor here.

I could be wrong though, there is very little faith in Jays management 'round these parts.

If you're desperate for steals Oscar Mercado is hitting 289/400/464 with 13 sb in AAA and the Indians OF is still a dumpster fire. 

Jonathan Loaisiga coming back into the rotation today.  Will probably stay up while Paxton is on the shelf.  I think he is worth picking up if available. 

Jonathan Loaisiga coming back into the rotation today.  Will probably stay up while Paxton is on the shelf.  I think he is worth picking up if available. 
If today goes well his next rotation will be vs. Baltimore, so - yes.

If today goes well his next rotation will be vs. Baltimore, so - yes.
He has pitched decently in his two starts & relief appearance so far this year.   Seattle has been a tough matchup this year but I think he's worth a flyer.  I am starting him. 

He has pitched decently in his two starts & relief appearance so far this year.   Seattle has been a tough matchup this year but I think he's worth a flyer.  I am starting him. 
Don't blame ya, aside from beating around Cleveland's AAA bullpen game Sunday they've been abysmal of late. Just 19 runs in 8 losses around that one shellacking.  

Don't blame ya, aside from beating around Cleveland's AAA bullpen game Sunday they've been abysmal of late. Just 19 runs in 8 losses around that one shellacking.  
Unfortunately it didn't go well.  A couple of bad pitches and some nice approaches from Seattle hurt a bit.  Still showed some nice stuff he just needs to be given a chance for a few games to get a feel.   I am holding for now. 

Red Sox promote IF Michael Chavis to replace the lifeless bodies of Pedroia and Nunez.

Chavis missed most of last season due to a PED suspension so he has a limited recent resume and under 100 AAA PAs.  He's hit for some power in the minors but with a 25% strikeout rate.  There's no speed to speak of and some question if his glove will work at 2B.
Red Sox were 7-13 when Chavis was called up.  They've gone 12-6 since.  He's now working on OF as a trade.  I'm dubious, but that's the report.  Kid has been pretty good.  See if he can keep getting on base and providing power into the summer months. 

Red Sox were 7-13 when Chavis was called up.  They've gone 12-6 since.  He's now working on OF as a trade.  I'm dubious, but that's the report.  Kid has been pretty good.  See if he can keep getting on base and providing power into the summer months. 
Bradley's bat has been turrible and early on his glove was meh (improving lately though, did U see that catch last night  :shock:  ). I could see them trying Chavis in LF and moving Benny or Betts to CF if Bradley continues to struggle so badly. The only thing is I don't much like their options at 2B if they do that. Nunez seem like toast but maybe he finally gets healthy and turns it around :shrug:   Pedroia :deadbanana: , Holt is the definition of meh and I don't see any immediate help in the minors. 

Bradley's bat has been turrible and early on his glove was meh (improving lately though, did U see that catch last night  :shock:  ). I could see them trying Chavis in LF and moving Benny or Betts to CF if Bradley continues to struggle so badly. The only thing is I don't much like their options at 2B if they do that. Nunez seem like toast but maybe he finally gets healthy and turns it around :shrug:   Pedroia :deadbanana: , Holt is the definition of meh and I don't see any immediate help in the minors. 
S.O.P. with Dombrowski.

I don't think they're getting him ready to replace Bradley and shuffle things up.  I think they're just getting a backup plan ready should injury beset.  Because the org doesn't have any depth.

That catch saved my 4 team parlay.  Wow.

Chavez at 2nd sounds good to me. :thumbup:

Shed Long and post hyper J.P Crawford up for the M's. Took a flyer on Long in Uber, there is some potential there, maybe lightning in a bottle :shrug: . Assuming this means bad new for Dee Gordon injury wise. 

Shed Long and post hyper J.P Crawford up for the M's. Took a flyer on Long in Uber, there is some potential there, maybe lightning in a bottle :shrug: . Assuming this means bad new for Dee Gordon injury wise. 
Two brutal defensive plays by Long yesterday and he got thrown out trying to steal too :kicksrock:  

Users who are viewing this thread