What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fargo TV series on FX - season 3 starts TONIGHT 4/19!!! (1 Viewer)

Just assumed the fish were part of the "Storm of the Century" that'd been brewing for the last four episodes. They kept referencing it. It does happen in real life from time to time, a serious front updraft over a lake will scoop up marine life.

While it's entirely possible Solverson is dead, God I hope not. That actress really did amazing work on this show so far this season. Possibly the best new find on TV in a long time. She was acting circles around some real heavyweights.

RIP Adam Goldberg, too, another favorite I wish we could have seen more of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just assumed the fish were part of the "Storm of the Century" that'd been brewing for the last four episodes. They kept referencing it. It does happen in real life from time to time, a serious

front updraft over a lake will scoop up marine life.

While it's entirely possible Solverson is dead,

God I hope not. That actress really did amazing work on this show so far this season. Possibly the best new find on TV in a long time. She was acting circles around some real heavyweights.

RIP Adam Goldberg, too, another favorite I wish we could have seen more of.
I suppose, but given the geographical makeup of Duluth it seems very unlikely. I'm not sure where the dudes house is supposed to be, but a lot of Duluth sits up on a hill over Lake Superior.

There's also that whole frozen water thing which may make it tough. While superior doesn't usually completely freeze over, many parts of it often do.

Thought last night was best episode so far, finally some things moving forward and direction. Felt like the other episodes were little slow.

Interesting how BBT set up the kid in the house. Wondering why he opened the shade behind him, but all makes sense now.

That last episode approached Game of Thrones level of deaths. Goodbye Dennis from It's Always Sunny. Goodbye guy from Dazed and Confused who just wanted to dance. Goodbye not so smart kid with not the best of jokes. Goodbye cool lady cop? Where is the deaf hitman I enjoy so much? How does he navigate in a blizzard? Fish? Is Billy Bob the most genius criminal of all time? How is he so intimidating whilst simultaneously being so tiny? Did Lloyd Christmas have that haircut first or second? Why the gun in the nephew's book bag? How did that nurse just wander around a hospital looking for the patient she misplaced while not freaking out the whole time that she misplaced a patient? Can Tom Hanks' son be any more of a lame-o?

What was Billy Bob's plan? He didn't even try to get the money at the parking garage.
That's what I want to know. Was he on the way to the parking garage when Numbers and Muscles boxed him in? Or did he plan on Milos changing his mind and try to "give back" the money in the snowbank?

BTW, last night’s episode was entitled Buridan’s ###

Buridan's ### is an illustration of a paradox in philosophy in the conception of free will.

It refers to a hypothetical situation wherein an ### that is equally hungry and thirsty is placed precisely midway between a stack of hay and a pail of water. Since the paradox assumes the ### will always go to whichever is closer, it will die of both hunger and thirst since it cannot make any rational decision to choose one over the other.[1] The paradox is named after the 14th century French philosopher Jean Buridan, whose philosophy of moral determinism it satirizes. A common variant of the paradox substitutes two identical piles of hay for the hay and water; the ###, unable to choose between the two, dies of hunger.

What was Billy Bob's plan? He didn't even try to get the money at the parking garage.
That's what I want to know. Was he on the way to the parking garage when Numbers and Muscles boxed him in? Or did he plan on Milos changing his mind and try to "give back" the money in the snowbank?
I think he was on his way to get it when he was so rudely interrupted.

P.S. I just saw the trailer for next week's episode... it looks like Lester's plan works out well for him.

I think he was on his way to get it when he was so rudely interrupted.

P.S. I just saw the trailer for next week's episode... it looks like Lester's plan works out well for him.
Yeah, what was up with this week's episode being an hour and 17 minutes on the DVR and the last six minutes after the action was over, there were NO previews?

Seems like the episodes get a couple minutes longer each week.

If I'm not mistaken, Billy Bob does not know about the money in the snowbank. I don't see how he possibly could, as the guy never admitted what it was that he was hiding.

If I'm not mistaken, Billy Bob does not know about the money in the snowbank. I don't see how he possibly could, as the guy never admitted what it was that he was hiding.
Yup, and nobody that lived in the movie knew about it.

this show is amazing. and dark. the set up and elimination of Dennis Reynolds was especially dark.

I'm wondering if this show was initially pitched for HBO, or some other premium channel. when BBT had Adam Goldberg and was trying to find out who sent him, you can clearly read Goldberg's lips saying "#### you!", but the sound was removed.

this show is amazing. and dark. the set up and elimination of Dennis Reynolds was especially dark.

I'm wondering if this show was initially pitched for HBO, or some other premium channel. when BBT had Adam Goldberg and was trying to find out who sent him, you can clearly read Goldberg's lips saying "#### you!", but the sound was removed.
That's been the case on a few FX shows like Sons. "Louie" actually dropped the f-bomb a couple weeks ago. They're allowed to use it, they just decide when they feel it's appropriate.

This series has really picked up. Last nights episode was fantastic.

Not sure how they could actually make a second season out of the series though since it's predicated on a specific series of events. Just end it with a bang.

This series has really picked up. Last nights episode was fantastic.

Not sure how they could actually make a second season out of the series though since it's predicated on a specific series of events. Just end it with a bang.
if they do a second season, they'd probably do a completely different story with maybe a loose affiliation with the Fargo cartel or something....

Apparently that snowbank never melts.

I thought Billy Bob asked who sent him and he was saying Fargo.

I assumed Malvo rented a plane and dropped the fish from it as yet another of the plagues to scare his target into compliance.

I thought Billy Bob asked who sent him and he was saying Fargo.
This.

Then Goldberg said "I wanna dance!"

I was under the impression that Milos found the cash the same winter that Showalter (Buscemi) buried it.

I don't get the love for this show. It's mildly entertaining. Mainly ridiculous.

Reminds me of the movies Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River. Everyone loved those flicks. They were terrible.

Josie Maran said:
DA RAIDERS said:
the fish was too much to suspend disbelief on, i'm willing to look the other way, but come on.
Seriously.

Reminds me of Magnolia with the frogs, at which point I just looked at the TV and said "F##K YOU."
You know that really happened, right? No suspension of disbelief needed.

Daywalker said:
I don't get the love for this show. It's mildly entertaining. Mainly ridiculous.

Reminds me of the movies Million Dollar Baby and Mystic River. Everyone loved those flicks. They were terrible.
I view it in a similar light to True Detective. The individual performances aren't quite as outstanding as TD, but ultimately, it's just a very high quality show all-around that's interesting to watch. The story itself isn't some unique concept, but it's a very entertaining watch and with great writing. The kind of thing that should happen when you get great actors and a very limited run.

Some of the things have been a little ridiculous, but they've been consistent with it, and certainly not enough to take me out of the story.

It's great to have shows like this around while we wait for the next Breaking Bad-level multi-season drama, if it ever comes (I'm sure venturing into hyperbole here, but I do think Orphan Black is on the verge of vaulting into elite drama sort of territory, not that anybody is watching)

The show is telling you that everything is going to be "ridiculous" with the text in the opening credits each week.

I was under the impression that Milos found the cash the same winter that Showalter (Buscemi) buried it.
I hadn't thought of that.

Pretty good setup for a Season 2, if so --- someone else discovering the cash the same winter Milos re-hid it.

Daywalker said:

I view it in a similar light to True Detective. The individual performances aren't quite as outstanding as TD, but ultimately, it's just a very high quality show all-around that's interesting to watch. The story itself isn't some unique concept, but it's a very entertaining watch and with great writing. The kind of thing that should happen when you get great actors and a very limited run.

Some of the things have been a little ridiculous, but they've been consistent with it, and certainly not enough to take me out of the story.

It's great to have shows like this around while we wait for the next Breaking Bad-level multi-season drama, if it ever comes (I'm sure venturing into hyperbole here, but I do think Orphan Black is on the verge of vaulting into elite drama sort of territory, not that anybody is watching)
Thought True Detective was terrific. Didn't have a problem with stretching my disbelief in instances like the green paint and the resolution in the tunnels. That is all fine. Purposively being vague. I just think Fargo stretches it so far past the line that it becomes campy. Perhaps that is what it is and it's lost on me.

I mean the police chief was murdered and no one seems to care. The Saul character is preposterous along with how they just let Billy Bob walk. Even the chick-cop is off. Lester has shotgun pellets in his hand disproving his story? Oh well, I'm going to go have a milkshake with Colin Hanks.

Just a mess IMO.

Chances of a 2nd season looking good

http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2014/05/23/aw-geez-a-second-season-for-fargo-too-soon-to-tell-but-its-looking-good/

Aw geez . . . a second season for Fargo? Too soon to tell, but its looking good

While there is no official word yet on whether the Calgary-shot FX series Fargo will be picked up for a second season, there have certainly been some promising signs.

Most notable has been the two-year deal creator Noah Hawley signed with the network last month. Film industry news outlets, including the Hollywood Reporter and Deadline Hollywood, reported that the agreement could include a second season of the series should FX choose to renew it.

Still, thats not guaranteed. Chad Oakes of Calgarys Nomadic Pictures, the local producer behind the series, told the Herald that Fargo is performing well but that no decisions have been made yet by the network.

The ratings are awesome, but theyve still got quite a few episodes to go, he said. Fingers crossed.

Fargo is a star-studded limited-run series that was shot in Calgary and southern Alberta. Starring Martin Freeman, Billy Bob Thornton, Bob Odenkirk and Colin Hanks, it was inspired by the Coen Brothers dark 1996 comedy of the same name but has different characters and plot. Hawley, a novelist who has worked as a writer and producer on shows such as Bones, told the Herald back in April that a second season was a possibility, although it would likely involve a new cast of characters and plot.

Ratings have yo-yoed a little bit for the series, although critical acclaim and blog buzz has been decidedly positive. (Some unsolicited advice for FX: Make the show available to viewers in Alberta, where it was shot. This would produce at least a slight surge in the ratings. For now, Albertans have to download it from iTunes as specialty channel FXX, where it airs in Canada, is not carried by our cable providers.)

Hawleys recent comments to the Hollywood Reporter certainly sound promising. He said he would be meeting with FX and MGM this month and has ideas for a second season.

Im excited to do another one, he said. I could probably see my way clear in doing a third , but I dont really know past that if its worth doing or whether its just good to move on to the next thing

I didn't get the fish thing either and Malvo is like a maniacal combo of the Terminator, Pepe Le Pew, and The Governor, but I am loving this show.

The way they filmed all the snow storm scenes was very, very cool.

Good music, great actors, crazy characters. What's not to like?

Users who are viewing this thread