What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Evans, TB (1 Viewer)

Yeah, Culpepper was also overrated.
Winston is overrated? Not sure I'd say that. I think most people know he has a lot of talent, but needs to improve his accuracy and consistency before he can live up to the #1 pick status. Keep in mind that he is only 22 and that the Bucs have zero weapons outside of Evans so they haven't done the best job of helping him out. I'd expect them to add some more weapons over the off-season and I think it will help open up the offense and allow Winston to be more consistent. Accuracy is definitely a concern, but other than that he has a lot of the traits you want in a franchise QB.

Winston is overrated? Not sure I'd say that. I think most people know he has a lot of talent, but needs to improve his accuracy and consistency before he can live up to the #1 pick status. Keep in mind that he is only 22 and that the Bucs have zero weapons outside of Evans so they haven't done the best job of helping him out. I'd expect them to add some more weapons over the off-season and I think it will help open up the offense and allow Winston to be more consistent. Accuracy is definitely a concern, but other than that he has a lot of the traits you want in a franchise QB.
Accuracy is a big deal for a franchise QB

Which is why I said it was a concern. If he can improve on that though (and I think he will at least a little bit), the sky is the limit for Winston.
Yes, but right now Evans is making him look better than he is. I don't think Winston would be doing as well on Cleveland or LA, but that's kind of a captain obvious statement

Yes, but right now Evans is making him look better than he is. I don't think Winston would be doing as well on Cleveland or LA, but that's kind of a captain obvious statement
Fair, but LA and Cleveland might be the worst spots for a QB. I think most QB's would struggle there. I think if you put Winston in Oakland with their great receivers and o-line, he would be putting up numbers very similar to Carr. Hopefully the Bucs are smart and can build a similar supporting cast for Winston.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Ware owner, I know about concussions ... Hopefully Evans will make it back with the extra time. Glennon is fine for Evans.

As a Ware owner, I know about concussions ... Hopefully Evans will make it back with the extra time. Glennon is fine for Evans.
evans' final drive was quite bizarre... he looked like he was severely winded but it has to be a concussion symptom.... on his OBJ-esqe catch his head slammed in to the ground hard.  hope he is OK and good to go against the bears in 10 days.  generally speaking more often than not you miss at least 1 game with a concussion... but perhaps the extra time will help evans recover

evans' final drive was quite bizarre... he looked like he was severely winded but it has to be a concussion symptom.... on his OBJ-esqe catch his head slammed in to the ground hard.  hope he is OK and good to go against the bears in 10 days
Yeah I noticed that too. I thought it was odd the way he was gasping for breath like that, looked like he was out of shape which I am certain isn't the case. It might have been his body not responding properly, related to concussion. I hope its a short term type deal.

Collinsworth said, "That would have been the slowest route run in history if he caught that ball for a TD." I think his body just wasn't responding to commands from his brain properly.

If you're gonna have a stud player get a concussion you want it to happen on a Thursday with a few minutes left in the game and not on a Sunday at the start of the game. Hope he doesn't have one though. Seemed like they were checking him for something else right after the big hit the way they were having him flex his arms out.

If you're gonna have a stud player get a concussion you want it to happen on a Thursday with a few minutes left in the game and not on a Sunday at the start of the game. Hope he doesn't have one though. Seemed like they were checking him for something else right after the big hit the way they were having him flex his arms out.
It was the balance test--part of the concussion protocol.

Quality organization that Tampa Bay. Evans was calling out for 15 seconds and no coaches or players noticed.

creepythinman said:
It was the balance test--part of the concussion protocol.

Quality organization that Tampa Bay. Evans was calling out for 15 seconds and no coaches or players noticed.
Yeah, that was not a good look for the NFL / organization if it really is a concussion. They had already checked him the previous drive after the big hit.

But before he finally went out, he was waving his hand / tapping his head before 2-3 plays trying to sub-out. I think he was targeted for a pass on almost all of them.

Yeah, that was not a good look for the NFL / organization if it really is a concussion. They had already checked him the previous drive after the big hit.

But before he finally went out, he was waving his hand / tapping his head before 2-3 plays trying to sub-out. I think he was targeted for a pass on almost all of them.
Great post.  I was just signing on to bring up this exact same observation, wondering if anyone else saw Evans trying to get off the field.   

The Bucs might be scrutinized (or should be) over this - look how much attention was brought on the Panthers earlier this season w/ Cam.   

Did anyone else notice the play after Trufant hurt his shoulder?  Those two battle twice a year and both are great players. It almost seems like Trufant may have asked Evans not to block him or anything because he was hurt. As soon as the ball was snapped, Evans never made a motion to make contact with Trufant. He kind of reached out to help him and looked over at their sideline signaling for help.  It made me feel good watching that.  With all this 'bounty' talk and other nonsense going on.

Users who are viewing this thread