Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgreen

Items you should NEVER buy at the dollar store

Deodorant - If you enjoy the sensation of spraying on deodorant but don't care if it actually keeps you from smelling like b.o., then feel free to get your deod from the dollar store. But, if you actually want it to work, best to spend the $3 on a real brand.

Mouthwash - I have no idea how they got away with putting the words "Mint flavor" on that bottle. Sure, it was green, but tasted nothing like mint. Absolutely horrible stuff. Poured 95% of the bottle down the drain.

Dishsoap/shampoo/cleaners/etc are so crappy you have to use twice as much for same results so it actually ends up costing you more.

A better list is what is good to buy at the dollar store

The one by my house always had non-expired 2 liters of soda for $1

Parachute rip cords.

Day after pills.

Deodorant - If you enjoy the sensation of spraying on deodorant but don't care if it actually keeps you from smelling like b.o., then feel free to get your deod from the dollar store. But, if you actually want it to work, best to spend the $3 on a real brand.

Mouthwash - I have no idea how they got away with putting the words "Mint flavor" on that bottle. Sure, it was green, but tasted nothing like mint. Absolutely horrible stuff. Poured 95% of the bottle down the drain.

I get speed stick and it works well. :shrug:

Condoms

Based on experience?

Sorry. I didn't realize this was a serious thread. I thought it was an open invitation to make snarky replies. Isn't that why we're here? ;)

I get speed stick and it works well. :shrug:

Mine didn't have speed stick. That's my usual go-to. They only had one brand. The can said "For men who want to keep their days cool and their nights hot." Sounded just right for me, but the reality is I just smelled like b.o.

bologna

I did buy room temperature pepperoni there. Besides the red food coloring on my fingers, it wasn't half bad.

Condoms

Based on experience?

Sorry. I didn't realize this was a serious thread. I thought it was an open invitation to make snarky replies. Isn't that why we're here? ;)

I was just hoping there was an amusing story about dollar store condoms. Feel free to make up a story.

fire extinguishers

Real answer:

toilet paper

Clothing

I bought a stocking cap from there this Winter. Quickly developed a small hole, but held up pretty well other than that.

Ball and tracer ammo

Went to the dollar store with my niece to get some candy. I bought some window cleaner for $1 thinking that would be a good purchase. Stuff smells so bad it is unusable.

A better list is what is good to buy at the dollar store

Birthday Cards are 2/$1 :shrug: