What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

hey Culd, something is up with my Zappa account, so you might have to boot it. Can't access it at all right now

Edit: must have just been a glitch, I'm back

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we just split the atom in fbgs.

Zappa with 2 level 1 cannon outranks yogapants with 1 level 10 cannon and 8 levels of heroes 4 teslas and all the traps.

I feel like we just split the atom in fbgs.

Zappa with 2 level 1 cannon outranks yogapants with 1 level 10 cannon and 8 levels of heroes 4 teslas and all the traps.
What about spells and troop levels?
yoga has skulls and hounds and some other stuff.
False alarm, zappa hasn't been in a war for a while so his war base wasn't updated. Updated now and the rankings make sense.
People have tried to test that theory before and it doesn't work

What theory? Wasn't suggesting one. We were all confused because his war base just wasn't updated with the defenses he already had in his regular base.

We were looking at two level 1 cannons when in fact he was ranked based off:

5 lvl 1 cannons

4 lvl 1 archer towers

2 lvl 1 wiz

2 lvl 1 tesla

3 lvl 1 mortar

2 lvl 1 AA

all bombs and traps

I swear the defensive CC troop AI is incredibly dumb sometimes. I watched my archers and wiz jump over a wall to fight a Pekka that they could have easily shot from behind the wall. The Pekka and the 10 wiz behind her trashed my CC troops. Made no sense at all. You see that when they fight dragons all the time too.

What theory? Wasn't suggesting one. We were all confused because his war base just wasn't updated with the defenses he already had in his regular base.

We were looking at two level 1 cannons when in fact he was ranked based off:

5 lvl 1 cannons

4 lvl 1 archer towers

2 lvl 1 wiz

2 lvl 1 tesla

3 lvl 1 mortar

2 lvl 1 AA

all bombs and traps
I think based on this we probably can point to the wiz tower having a superpower. We'll know more as shuke builds out stuff.

Is there a consensus Gowipe strategy/composition for th9? Nothing on the front page.
You mean other than not doing it :P
So . . .gowiwi ?

Just looking to graduate from Dragon rush and attack other TH9s
Gowipe

2 Golem (1 in CC if you can), 4 Pekka, 4 Wbs, 2 hogs to lure cc, 14 archers to kill cc, rest Wiz to clean up outter buildings

3 rage, 1 jump

Draw out CC with hogs, lure and kill w archer and BK if needed. Send golems to closest entry point of TH. Wall bang through first walls. Clear any nearby obstacles w wiz. Drop 1 pekka to make sure funneling through hole the WBs made and following golems. Once you're sure they are, send rest of pekka and AQ in behind.

Use jump spell to get to TH. Rages right on th if needed to make sure u kill it.

If Pekkas need reinforcement, use rest of wiz behind hole WBs made.

If they are on their way to destroying th without help. Use wiz on outside of base for clean up in other areas.

Rest of rages as needed (could drop a rage for a heal as well and keep your AQ alive longer to wreck havoc)

You can 2 star almost any th9 with this and many th10s

ETA: on the jump spell usage. You want to send golems in through, not necessarily closest to th, but on the side where you know you can get to core with the 4 wbs and enough to span remaining walls with jump spell

Is there a consensus Gowipe strategy/composition for th9? Nothing on the front page.
So . . .gowiwi ?

Gowipe

2 Golem (1 in CC if you can), 4 Pekka, 4 Wbs, 2 hogs to lure cc, 14 archers to kill cc, rest Wiz to clean up outter buildings

3 rage, 1 jump

Draw out CC with hogs, lure and kill w archer and BK if needed. Send golems to closest entry point of TH. Wall bang through first walls. Clear any nearby obstacles w wiz. Drop 1 pekka to make sure funneling through hole the WBs made and following golems. Once you're sure they are, send rest of pekka and AQ in behind.

Use jump spell to get to TH. Rages right on th if needed to make sure u kill it.

If they are on their way to destroying th without help. Use wiz on outside of base for clean up in other areas.

Rest of rages as needed (could drop a rage for a heal as well and keep your AQ alive longer to wreck havoc)

ETA: on the jump spell usage. You want to send golems in through, not necessarily closest to th, but on the side where you know you can get to core with the 4 wbs and enough to span remaining walls with jump spell
Excellent thank you. Hate to say I stopped thinking about clearing CC troops.

So . . .gowiwi ?

Gowipe

3 rage, 1 jump

Excellent thank you. Hate to say I stopped thinking about clearing CC troops.
No doubt. Pekkas are dumber than dragons. If you take nothing else away from this, remember to use wiz to clear the obstacles around the hole the wb's made and always use a test pekka to make sure funneling properly. Otherwise they will skate around the outside base and get destroyed by teslas and ruin your day

GoWiPe = safe 2-star, but not much more unless you include some back-end hogs or loons and don't lose a bunch of wizards to splash damage

GoWiPe = safe 2-star, but not much more unless you include some back-end hogs or loons and don't lose a bunch of wizards to splash damage
Correct.

But if you have some really tough TH9s, I prefer the GoWipe option when the math necessitates as you can almost guarantee a 2 star if executed properly where as I've had plenty of lavaloon or hog attacks go to complete crap for zero stars.

It's a good weapon to have in your arsenal when the war warrants.

I'm still focusing on GoWiPe because I figure the pendulum will swing back around one of these days and I'm already heavily invested in the strategy.

I'm still focusing on GoWiPe because I figure the pendulum will swing back around one of these days and I'm already heavily invested in the strategy.
It's as sure a thing as I have in my attack arsenal. And it's come in handy quite a few times.

It's better for GoWipers to wait a bit into the war to see how the math looks as opposed to racing out at the opening bell with a lavaloon or hog that might go for zero stars or 3 stars.

In our recent wars, it's been more about getting 2 stars on TH9's than it has been about shooting the moon.

It's as sure a thing as I have in my attack arsenal. And it's come in handy quite a few times.It's better for GoWipers to wait a bit into the war to see how the math looks as opposed to racing out at the opening bell with a lavaloon or hog that might go for zero stars or 3 stars.

In our recent wars, it's been more about getting 2 stars on TH9's than it has been about shooting the moon.
If I have both heroes up I have a decent shot at three starring TH9s with it. I'm getting better at 2 starring TH10s which I think is a pretty acceptable outcome for an early war attack.

Gowipe is for TH10vTH10 only in high level clans. I really don't even think that's up for debate anymore. If you see any of the 3 star guides none of them mention gowipe gowiwi or they go out of their way to discourage it. It's simply a waste and makes baby jesus cry.

I love it when our opponents use gowipe on us. It's a complete waste of an attack. Once I see them do it 3 or 4 times I know we've won the war. If they lead off with 4 or 5 non golem raids I get nervous.

A 2 star gowipe hurts the clan far more than getting 0 from a lavaloon. When I see an attack vs. a mid TH9 startup I peek in and as soon as I see it's some ####ty golem raid I shut it off. I already know the outcome. Yeah, you can do a safe gowipe late for 2 but lately we've not needed that. Why? because the other clan is still in the gowipe rut.

I don't even think these "backside hogs/loons" things are worth a damn either. I never see them work or people panic and deploy them early to save the useless 2 star raid. They'd be better quitting before getting the 2 stars, honestly. It helps morale to be able to turn a 0 or 1 into a 3 than passing on a 2 to a 3.

Gowipe is for TH10vTH10 only in high level clans. I really don't even think that's up for debate anymore. If you see any of the 3 star guides none of them mention gowipe gowiwi or they go out of their way to discourage it. It's simply a waste and makes baby jesus cry.

I love it when our opponents use gowipe on us. It's a complete waste of an attack. Once I see them do it 3 or 4 times I know we've won the war. If they lead off with 4 or 5 non golem raids I get nervous.

A 2 star gowipe hurts the clan far more than getting 0 from a lavaloon. When I see an attack vs. a mid TH9 startup I peek in and as soon as I see it's some ####ty golem raid I shut it off. I already know the outcome. Yeah, you can do a safe gowipe late for 2 but lately we've not needed that. Why? because the other clan is still in the gowipe rut.

I don't even think these "backside hogs/loons" things are worth a damn either. I never see them work or people panic and deploy them early to save the useless 2 star raid. They'd be better quitting before getting the 2 stars, honestly. It helps morale to be able to turn a 0 or 1 into a 3 than passing on a 2 to a 3.
Crazy to just dismiss it altogether.

If they are low on higher level attacks and we haven't made much progress on their th9s, or theyve been zero starred previously by a loon or hog attack, there's absolutely a place for this - in almost every war. It's a math and statistics game, not a risk/reward game at that point. That's when I advocate using them where needed. We've needed 2 stars on TH9s in recent wars. A star in the hand is worth 2 stars in the bush.

The underlined above makes zero sense. 2 stars > 0 stars - unless trying or attack type counts for points in wars now?

I get where you're coming from, but it is still a tool in the toolkit. I agree you don't want to be leading off with GoWiPe, but it has a place in round two attacks when you're trying to maximize stars/clan XP.

Also, sometimes you're outmatched, and the best you're going to do is a GoWiPe. Sometimes you just get matched up against the Asian Cyborgs, and you need to maximize clan XP because winning is out of the picture.

Crazy to just dismiss it altogether.

If they are low on higher level attacks and we haven't made much progress on their th9s, or theyve been zero starred previously by a loon or hog attack, there's absolutely a place for this - in almost every war. It's a math and statistics game, not a risk/reward game at that point. That's when I advocate using them where needed. We've needed 2 stars on TH9s in recent wars. A star in the hand is worth 2 stars in the bush.
If you settle for a 2 star on a th9 you've given one away. It's really that simple. Yes, late if you just need a 2 star to seal a win because you have so many 3 stars the other clan can't catchup then fine. But what you usually see happen is an early 2 makes the other clan, and our clan too, very loathe to hit that base again. There's already "equity' in that and the risk is (even if the base is ez laloon) too high for them to risk it. So they either swing much higher or sit on their hands until they HAVE to hit it for no better option.

I get where you're coming from, but it is still a tool in the toolkit. I agree you don't want to be leading off with GoWiPe, but it has a place in round two attacks when you're trying to maximize stars/clan XP.

Also, sometimes you're outmatched, and the best you're going to do is a GoWiPe. Sometimes you just get matched up against the Asian Cyborgs, and you need to maximize clan XP because winning is out of the picture.
This.

Said much better than I could.

There's a place for all types of attacks, and there is a place for a guaranteed 2 stars.

I actually think culdeus is on the same page, he is just overstating it a bit to discourage the practice of opening with GoWiPe. Because he is right in that it isn't a good initial attack on a base.

What do you think of the PEKKA truck?

Sometimes you just get matched up against the Asian Cyborgs, and you need to maximize clan XP because winning is out of the picture.
If this is the case then use a straight loonian. It's a for sure 1 star on basically every base on the planet and doesn't cost 2000DE and a crap ton of elixer you will never get back.

I think you guys are simply arguing perfect scenario vs. real world scenario. Neither side is wrong, Culd is right that ideally GoWiPe won't be used on TH9s (ideally TH9s will be 3*'d by TH9s which usually means hogs or lavaloonion), and Bender/BB are right that sometimes that just isn't in the cards for whatever reason.

Also there are Superbases floating around that can't be 3*'d by hogs and lavaloon. Might as well just throw an easy GoWiPe on it and move on ;)

What do you think of the PEKKA truck?
~~~~~~▄ ▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌

~~~▄▄██▌ PEKKA TRUCK

▄▄▄▌▐██ GET ON OR GET RUN OVER

███████▌.▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀

~~~▄▄██▌ PEKKA TRUCK

▄▄▄▌▐██ GET ON OR GET RUN OVER

~~~▄▄██▌ PEKKA TRUCK

▄▄▄▌▐██ ▐ GET ON OR GET RUN OVER

How about a PEKKA CONVOY???? A Honda original :thumbup:

Also there are Superbases floating around that can't be 3*'d by hogs and lavaloon. Might as well just throw an easy GoWiPe on it and move on ;)
How could anything be good that spells out Go wipe. Must be pretty ####ty. :shrug:

These guys we are up against have a crap ton of those ####ty giza bases. I don't really see the downside to running in from the north with a kill team and dealing with the two north AA and then lavaloon from the south. Just not sure how many golems/hounds to pack.

the internet solution videos all say to do a combo hog/loon raid but this seems like too many moving parts.

edit: max hounds finished. no ####### way I don't use this somehow.

I've hit two gizas in the past with just a straight up pent hound attack. One was a non max th9 with up xbows and one a max th9 with down xbows. From what I remember each one worked rather well so could potentially work against a max th9 with up xbows.

My strategy:

2 loons at the 6 o'clock defense (usually a cannon or archer tower)

Once those loons arrive over the cannon I start the attack from the south. (Symmetrical base so same thing on each side)

2 loons to track to wizard tower and 4 loons placed closer to the camps so they track to the archer tower followed by two hounds. (Again, Symmetrical base so you're doing this twice and I always start on AQ side. If you're not comfortable dropping hounds after loons go ahead and drop them first).

Rage over the archer towers to lead to AA. Zap cc.

I drop my heroes on one of the backsides to draw fire from archer towers and wiz if possible. Hound then 1 loon on each defense. (Two archer towers and a wiz) rage to the AA.

At this point there's 3 loons left and I drop them at the archer and wiz tower covering the last AA.

Each time my AQ finished with near full health so she was able to clean up a lot of the back junk so time wasn't an issue.

I've hit two gizas in the past with just a straight up pent hound attack. One was a non max th9 with up xbows and one a max th9 with down xbows. From what I remember each one worked rather well so could potentially work against a max th9 with up xbows.

My strategy:

2 loons at the 6 o'clock defense (usually a cannon or archer tower)

Once those loons arrive over the cannon I start the attack from the south. (Symmetrical base so same thing on each side)

2 loons to track to wizard tower and 4 loons placed closer to the camps so they track to the archer tower followed by two hounds. (Again, Symmetrical base so you're doing this twice and I always start on AQ side. If you're not comfortable dropping hounds after loons go ahead and drop them first).

Rage over the archer towers to lead to AA. Zap cc.

I drop my heroes on one of the backsides to draw fire archer towers and wiz if possible. Hound then 1 loon on each defense. (Two archer towers and a wiz) rage to the AA.

At this point there's 3 loons left and I drop them at the archer and wiz tower covering the last AA.
Gotcha. Is there a reason not to go turtles on the cc then? I don't see them adding much value providing backside cover vs. just using for cc takeout under ur plan here.

Whats the best army composition for my hog attack on 12?

CC:KILL SQUAD

HOGS:26

WIZ:10

ARCHERS:10

WB'S :4

GOLEM:1

218/220

More of anything? Less of anything?
IMO a th9 hog attack uses

Self constructed kill squad

CC max golem

Whatever it takes to get the queen and cc dead + 4 more wiz and a few arch.

rest hogs.

This is the most efficient use of camp space.

Users who are viewing this thread