What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (9 Viewers)

How about this.. The occassional CC dragon (even at TH9) makes everybody's defensive CC less predictable (more effective).

Anything to be gained with that? Or not worth the trade off?

Couple wiz and a witch in place of the Dragon and it would have been better
I do agree this would have been better against a gowoppy. The CC I ran would have been better against a lavaloon. But I can't use hindsight to know what sort of attack is going to come up against me.

Is the theory that you use a shaded base and use the CC to defend against the Gowipe?
We've tested dragons vs lavaloon. It's simply not effective versus anything. It's more a novelty at this point.

one brown wiz does the same damage as one L3 dragon. If it's brown you can't flush it down with a zap so it's gonna live to at least get a few shots off. 4 of them is like having 4 dragons in your cc and 2 minions do some serious pop as well and don't die to a zap.

The cc i show is anti lavaloon and anti gowipe. Hogs wouldn't dare attack your base without a scout so that's not a concern.

The skull is to hit the heroes or golems if they send one. archers just to make it a pain in the ###. Witches work well too but I like the efficency of my makeup. I'll add a witch back in when I hit 35
I don't have a dragon in my cc either, but the difference in hit points makes the bolded a laughable statement.
Laughable? Seriously? 4 wiz and 2 minions will do a hell of a lot more damage than a dragon in the time it takes to kill it to either a ground or air attack if the cc is not pulled. If the cc is pulled both die just as quickly to a 212 or a combo of heroes and minions or just heroes.

Dragons are utterly useless as a defensive cc. I love it when i see them. It's like ground xbows. May as well not even be there.
As usual, you need realize that everyone isn't at the same level as you are. Some clans still have TH7s who use dragon attacks against other TH7s. When a Level 4 dragon comes out of a TH7's cc, it's worrisome. When wizards do, it's not even worth watching.
We are talking about an attack on a max TH9. No? A dragon pops out of a max TH9 and it's the least of your concerns.
My apologies for the misunderstanding - missed the TH9-only designation.

My standard cc request is 5 barbs, 8, archers, 1 loon, and 1 witch.

I like having the witch because some people don't launch their main attack until my entire cc is killed. The witch often takes a little longer.

I like having the archers to shoot and ground and air attackers.

I like having the barbs as they'll run faster than archers but slower than skeletons. This gives me three pockets of troops that my attackers must kill before getting to the witch.

I prefer single-space troops over wizards because it takes longer to empty the cc.

I like the loon because attackers will sometimes send loons to lure the cc. Once they see the witch, they think they have it all, and the mass of single-space barbs and archers make it more believable that the cc is empty.

For those in The Boog (like 6 of you), I've got to leave for a bit. I'll leave Leader with a couple others to help with those that are coming in and out.

I am usually unhappy when there's a dragon in the CC. The risk of there being a dragon means you're wasting a spell if you bring a lightning. They're also slower, which can sometimes throw off luring. I don't really care much about the damage output - most attacks involve luring the CC anyways. It's not about how much damage the CC troops do - it's about how easy/hard it is to neutralize them.

Since a GoWiPe is a strategy where you generally don't lure the CC, yes, having a dragon there is suboptimal, but that's hindsight of course. BB is our top TH9, he's not seeing a lot of GoWiPe attacks.

Also WTF is the difference between "GoWiXx" and "GoWoppy?" I missed the cool kid bus on that term. I'm also not sure what a cool kid bus is.

And again, overall, I don't think anyone is arguing that GoWiPe's are a good idea against upper TH9's. I only posted it because it was just ironic to see a three-star GoWiPe (i.e. a unicorn) after we were debating it's viability in wars. It is a second-class attack that is best used for clean-up when it becomes clear that a 2 starr outcome is helpful to the war effort, especially when it's cleaning up one of my 0-star holes from a failed lavaloon. This is less applicable in FBGs, which we understand, I'm just not sure that culd understands the inverse, lol.

gowoppy is a term someone used on a video when recapping our war. I forget what clan it was that made a recap.

When rascal and I turn the TH9 GoWiVa into the next flavor of the season everybody will be using dragons in their CCs. ;)

And again, overall, I don't think anyone is arguing that GoWiPe's are a good idea against upper TH9's. I only posted it because it was just ironic to see a three-star GoWiPe (i.e. a unicorn) after we were debating it's viability in wars. It is a second-class attack that is best used for clean-up when it becomes clear that a 2 starr outcome is helpful to the war effort, especially when it's cleaning up one of my 0-star holes from a failed lavaloon. This is less applicable in FBGs, which we understand, I'm just not sure that culd understands the inverse, lol.
It's possible. I think long term we will get better at wiping TH9 the first time thru. It's gonna take some bumps along the way. Like this war we caught the bad end of some 99%. It happens and we move on.

What the hell.

I tried to go empty collectors and both GregR villages I get a pop up saying this village has been locked for violating the terms of service. PointToTheShirt still works fine, and I can see the other accounts in the clan, but it won't let me into them.

What the hell.

I tried to go empty collectors and both GregR villages I get a pop up saying this village has been locked for violating the terms of service. PointToTheShirt still works fine, and I can see the other accounts in the clan, but it won't let me into them.
I always wondered if they would come after you. This makes me nervous as hell. I'm gonna pull shuke out of fbgs just in case.

It isn't like I've even been active. I think I did one revenge raid in 3 months, plus a couple of trophy drops to stay down at 500.

Edit to add: Emailing support directly, don't want to contact them with PTTS and lose it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell.

Uhoh. This may not end well.

What the hell.

Do you play both accounts on the same device?

What possible motivation could they have for discouraging multiple accounts? Are they afraid that Clash addicts might buy gems for both of them?

What the hell.

Yes. All 3 actually. iPad only gets used with one village. Phone and a little droid tablet I've used for all 3, switching between google IDs.

What the hell.

Yes. All 3 actually. iPad only gets used with one village. Phone and a little droid tablet I've used for all 3, switching between google IDs.
Was GregR the one you used on the iPad? I'm just wondering why, if they've "caught" you, they only shut down one account.

What the hell.

Was GregR the one you used on the iPad? I'm just wondering why, if they've "caught" you, they only shut down one account.
GregR is the only one linked to an Apple ID, yes. It's also linked to its own google ID. Only thing the 2 accounts have in common that PTTS doesn't is similar name and TH level.

On top of multiple accounts actually being good for their business, someone might share a tablet with their kids or spouse who also play the game.

I really don't think this is going to be about multiple accounts.

If you get banned for xmod/imod they will tell you that. At least that's what the email the mod at sc sent me when I said something.

If you get banned for xmod/imod they will tell you that. At least that's what the email the mod at sc sent me when I said something.
xmod/imod? What means that? Are those some of the hacks for the game? I've never done a hack so that better not be it.

It isn't like I've even been active. I think I did one revenge raid in 3 months, plus a couple of trophy drops to stay down at 500.

Edit to add: Emailing support directly, don't want to contact them with PTTS and lose it too.
that might be it, this is why we don't see dead accounts anymore. i think they lock down accounts that look idle for too long. i have multiple accounts on the same device that I log into once a day for all of them and so far no issues. so your lack of activity is probably the reason.

that might be it, this is why we don't see dead accounts anymore. i think they lock down accounts that look idle for too long. i have multiple accounts on the same device that I log into once a day for all of them and so far no issues. so your lack of activity is probably the reason.
Yeah you should prob come back to Quattro and start warring again.

Someone tell witz to drop those 20 archers build 2 giants and 4 wiz or something like that and 2 arch to help move them across the map.

Gameplan

suck cc with giants

move cc to the opposite side

kill it with heroes and wiz

Line of loons on that side after zapping L6 aa

when loons get deployed let out the hound

rage so it covers the aa and the wiz tower that's near side

don't let out all the minions save a few just in case you need them for cleanup for 50%. Keep an eye on the % you need for 50 the TH should be easy it's the 50 that will be a Mfer

Just to be fair and balancedTM, I adopted one of the turtle bases that culd recommended for this war, and I held a max GoWiPe from their #1 to two stars - 59%, three stars was never even in contention.

I don't think I'll be able to get a Quattro attack in today, guys. Sorry.

Unless you want me to howipek #29 on my afternoon coffee break.

Sometimes you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. today was one of those days.

Users who are viewing this thread