What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

The following folks did not participate in this last war. These are the candidates to be bumped if/when we fill up before next war.

aeneas - seems absent from game for some time

colly wobblys

Odin33

someguy - also absent for some time

Jason

Xv Prime vX

If something just got in the way and you couldn't participate then let us know. But if we don't hear anything you may get bumped. And if you are done with the game or not interested in war, then go ahead and check out on your own.

The following folks did not participate in this last war. These are the candidates to be bumped if/when we fill up before next war.

colly wobblys

Odin33

Jason

dude

Xv Prime vX

If something just got in the way and you couldn't participate then let us know. But if we don't hear anything you may get bumped. And if you are done with the game or not interested in war, then go ahead and check out on your own.
better list imo

colly wobblys

Odin33

Jason

Xv Prime vX

Hey igbomb,

There is 'Jason' who is in our top 10, and there is 'jason' who is in our bottom 10. I think you meant to list the lower-case guy. Not sure if they are related accounts (I've gotten them confused several times). But big Jason did attack at the end I think. He usually appears in the final 30 minutes.

On losing your DE to raids, around 25k DE was the point that I was losing DE faster than I could make it. That was including a boosted level 3 DE drill which is making 2160 DE a day, plus raiding. I had days I lost over 5k DE just to lightning strikes.

Best way I found to avoid that was go hide in the 400-500 trophy range. That's how I made it to 40k DE for the level 4 hogrider upgrade. You can either hide there and gather from your drill, or can go sub200 and raid and then just kill 8-10 newbie bases with a few barbs and BK to climb back to 400 before you quit. You may give up a little to revenges if you do go raid, but not nearly as much as you lose at higher trophies. The farmers you are targeting down at that level are there because they don't want to raid, for the most part.
How do they stay down there though

I remember thinking that when I was sub 200. Why dont those guys get trophy dropped on and get to 5-600

colly wobblys

Odin33

Jason

Xv Prime vX

Hey igbomb,

There is 'Jason' who is in our top 10, and there is 'jason' who is in our bottom 10. I think you meant to list the lower-case guy. Not sure if they are related accounts (I've gotten them confused several times). But big Jason did attack at the end I think. He usually appears in the final 30 minutes.
You're right. It's the lower-case jason.

That might be a good reason to bump anyway. Not fair to confuse us all that way.

Damn, missed the boat on jumping over to FBG2 for war. Let me know if you guys kick the inactives.
yeah me too it filled super quick! we have a huge group now
Right now we have a combined membership of almost 90. That means only 10 people or so are able to participate in a 2nd war by jumping between the two clans. Even if we cull the herd, we will continue to add new members.

Is it time to add FBG WarClan yet?

Damn, missed the boat on jumping over to FBG2 for war. Let me know if you guys kick the inactives.
yeah me too it filled super quick! we have a huge group now
Right now we have a combined membership of almost 90. That means only 10 people or so are able to participate in a 2nd war by jumping between the two clans. Even if we cull the herd, we will continue to add new members.

Is it time to add FBG WarClan yet?
Sounds like we have a leader!

Thanks for stepping up Sartre!!!

colly wobblys

Odin33

Jason

Xv Prime vX

I believe Odin33 and jason (lower case) are the same person.

Having 2 of us in the clan is confusing for me as well. It throws me off when looking through the war event log.

(Jason in FBGs)

What is the deal with the war clan. Someone needs to be in it at all times. If so, I can start a blank account on my kids ipad and start the fbgs war clan.

That way someone will always be in it but not have to stay there and wallow in misery

What is the deal with the war clan. Someone needs to be in it at all times. If so, I can start a blank account on my kids ipad and start the fbgs war clan.

That way someone will always be in it but not have to stay there and wallow in misery
im assuming people would move over there full time though and not hop around

hop around only to take a break from war imo

and what will that do to fbg1 and the boog

I dont think 3 are sustainable that way

boog can still war on their own terms. FBG1 would be AAA and FBG2 AA and encouraged to join for newer members.

If there is a 3rd clan, I think we may just settle each at somewhere less than 50. No worries on that.

Regarding the current one war a week policy, I think we could probably move to 2 wars a week in fbgs once we get a few more folks to higher levels to donate. Right now the very top guys are funding the whole war. I know some have floated the no DE approach, but if we war we war to WIN! Also, our competition will get better as we get higher and DE troops become more critical. We just need a few more bumps, which is happening pretty quickly.

I'm currently in construction of TH3 after just a few days at this (and working full time and coaching 2 baseball games).

I've only been raided twice but have raided 10 or so other people. I'm stuck on the gremlin raiding and upgrading to a level 4 barracks so I can buy some giants.

This game is a blast so far. Maybe some day I'll be considered worthy of FBG clan status.....a gal can dream, can't she?

How making a third clan that starts war on Tuesday morning? The Boog can then move to around noon Thursday to give people time to move there if they want another war that week.

maybe we should take a headcount to see how much interest we have in the full time clan,
I want to be in the clan that donates and is active. Whether that is war or not....
I kind of feel the same. once the wars end I feel receiving donations is not ez. it may be due to the time of day though
This is where I'm at. I'm kind of in the air about being in a full time war clan, but I may go if I need to avoid being left behind in a clan that may end up being less active. I'm finally ramped up to a spot where I can donate a bit towards war, well level 2 dragon and level 5 wizzies at least.

Clayton Gray said:
How making a third clan that starts war on Tuesday morning? The Boog can then move to around noon Thursday to give people time to move there if they want another war that week.
I think this would be helpful!

To be clear though, I envision the 3rd clan warring 3 times a week, not just once. During any one period, it is likely that more than 50 will want to participate in war. The WarClan would accommodate this overflow, and also folks that don't care for constantly jumping around (like myself).

Right now there are 100 war spots per week. With the third clan, we would increase that to 250. Everyone would be able to choose whether they war once, twice, or three times a week. Some might stay in the WarClan all week, while others will want to return to their HomeClan during their wars. And then we add the potential to have an intra-FBG war, which would be historic.

Clayton Gray said:
I think this would be helpful!

To be clear though, I envision the 3rd clan warring 3 times a week, not just once. During any one period, it is likely that more than 50 will want to participate in war. The WarClan would accommodate this overflow, and also folks that don't care for constantly jumping around (like myself).

Right now there are 100 war spots per week. With the third clan, we would increase that to 250. Everyone would be able to choose whether they war once, twice, or three times a week. Some might stay in the WarClan all week, while others will want to return to their HomeClan during their wars. And then we add the potential to have an intra-FBG war, which would be historic.
yes it would, lets get this rollin

I'm just going to throw it out there that maybe the 3/week clan needs to be TH7+. Not so much that want to leave people out but this will get us better matchups. Last few boog wars have been topping out at TH8s and weak TH9s. I don't know if we have quite enough to pull this off, but it will be close probably.

How much interest is there in warring 3 times a week? I'm curious because I don't want to be left in a clan that's down to 20 members if everyone migrates to the war clan.

How much interest is there in warring 3 times a week? I'm curious because I don't want to be left in a clan that's down to 20 members if everyone migrates to the war clan.
im thinking once the all war all the time clan starts it will be full

then fbg2 can merge with fbg1

this whole thing is not going to end well

I think everyone wants to be in an active clan. There is no way that people dont get left behind here.

I'm just going to throw it out there that maybe the 3/week clan needs to be TH7+. Not so much that want to leave people out but this will get us better matchups. Last few boog wars have been topping out at TH8s and weak TH9s. I don't know if we have quite enough to pull this off, but it will be close probably.
I'm a fan of this.

If you really want to get good match ups, here is what you do

Get 50 of the most active people in our clans and have each of them trophy push as hard as they can. Once we have everyone to crystal league and maxxed out defenses, we will get better match ups\

But Im not sure why we would want that. The loot is coming in. Why punch a gift horse imo

If you really want to get good match ups, here is what you do

Get 50 of the most active people in our clans and have each of them trophy push as hard as they can. Once we have everyone to crystal league and maxxed out defenses, we will get better match ups\

But Im not sure why we would want that. The loot is coming in. Why punch a gift horse imo
trophies don't factor in matchmaking

and who decides which 50 get into the war/active clan
there may not even be enough interest. need a headcount

and I agree, no need to punch the gift horse. I like the easy money and watching a valk win a defense war all by her butch self

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm comfortable with the once per week warring, so I plan on staying in FBG1. Sometime tomorrow my TH8 will be finished, so I'll have plenty of new toys to play with and worry about so once a week will be plenty for me, at least for a while.

So, no need for a 3rd clan. Just have one of the existing clans be perm war, and the other once a week.

So, no need for a 3rd clan. Just have one of the existing clans be perm war, and the other once a week.
That sounds like the way to do this. Have one of the clans go to war 2x or 3x per week, the other stay 1x per week, and let people vote with their feet.

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't believe we have the numbers and activity to sustain a 3rd clan without draining the other 2 of members/doners for days at a time. And we'd still be left with the hassle of clan jumping to join and avoid wars.

Users who are viewing this thread