What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Missed this new thread, saw the old on was locked, feared someone started talking about Obama, Apple, or bewbs.

Now I see it's just Greg being a control freak. :shock:

Glad to see we can have the main info in the top post.

I don't know if our best guys can manage more than one star against their top 6. So this may be a war where going +10 makes more sense than normal.

That said, I'm #10 and #11, so my +10 are 20 and 21. If anyone whose +10 is higher than that and doesn't feel confident about their opponents and you want to swap, let me know.

I'll be waiting until the morning to see if it makes more sense to 1 star the top or clean up the middle

I'm 27 and someone already three starred 37, so I'm wondering what I should do:

The next lowest village (something in the 40s) that hasn't been attacked would be a guaranteed 3 star from a dragon attack. It would be too easy, but I can certainly do it.

Or should I hit one of the villages between 37 and that one that has been 1 or 2 starred.

Or should I attack a higher ranked village that hasn't been attacked, but might be a little tough for me to take?

Instinctive = Instinctive

I haven't been in FBG too much, but as I'm now TH8 I may eventually decide I'm worthy of warring with you badasses HAHA.

Keep the names coming, I'll update the roster later.

War update:

FBG1 35 attacks for 82 stars.

Borneo 9 attacks for 14 stars.

Big lead but way too early to call anything. So far their highest rated attacks were one attack by their #15 and one attack by their #35. They have a ton of TH10s at the top so we'll have to see how it goes once they wake up and start attacking.

I'm 27 and someone already three starred 37, so I'm wondering what I should do:

The next lowest village (something in the 40s) that hasn't been attacked would be a guaranteed 3 star from a dragon attack. It would be too easy, but I can certainly do it.

Or should I hit one of the villages between 37 and that one that has been 1 or 2 starred.

Or should I attack a higher ranked village that hasn't been attacked, but might be a little tough for me to take?
I'd clean up a 1 star in the mid range that you know you can put 3 down on.

Greg, when you have time can you list the three clan names in the first thread? You would think for all the bouncing around I do I would have them memorized by now but I'm always searching for the info.
I'm the same. Always end up having to come back here and search for "boog" to get the exact name, lol.

I did my second attack this morning against the only +10 clan that wasn't 3 starred. I won't be able to attack tonight and had already made 6 dragons. Sorry if I didn't wait for our 2nd attack strategy, but there really wasn't any other options since almost all camps between 20 and 50 were 3 starred when I got up this morning.

Here's my gameplan to loot 1. It's going to require an major upfront investment and it might fail in a spectacular manner.

The guy has a cloverleaf pattern base with AA towards the edge. He has his uber towers in the center. This leave an opportunity.

Build 20 hogs and get cc hogs. That's 100 spaces for hogs. If lucky they will take out 10-12 buildings.

Those hogs will be used to take out 3 of the AA.

Then, spread dragons out around 270 degrees of the base where the AA is gone.

Save BK to rage where needed.

If lucky, we can get to 50% on this guy just hitting his outside buildings.

Here's my gameplan to loot 1. It's going to require an major upfront investment and it might fail in a spectacular manner.

The guy has a cloverleaf pattern base with AA towards the edge. He has his uber towers in the center. This leave an opportunity.

Build 20 hogs and get cc hogs. That's 100 spaces for hogs. If lucky they will take out 10-12 buildings.

I want to see this.

I want to see this.
where the hell did the popcorn emoticon go

I want to see this.
where the hell did the popcorn emoticon go
:popcorn:

Hi guys! I'm new to Clash of Clans and was looking to see if you guys could give me any advice. I'm not much of a gamer, but this seems like fun. I'd appreciate any and all help along the way as I begin my journey. I'm not planning on spending any real money on this thing just looking to have a little fun ;) LOL.

TIA!....LOL

Let's say you're a lower level guy who hasn't attacked, but everyone you could possibly beat has already been 3-starred. Can you battle a base that's already been 3-starred in order to get the loot bonus? Or is that loot bonus gone once they've been 3-starred?

Let's say you're a lower level guy who hasn't attacked, but everyone you could possibly beat has already been 3-starred. Can you battle a base that's already been 3-starred in order to get the loot bonus? Or is that loot bonus gone once they've been 3-starred?
you can get the bonus as long as you one star the base

Hi guys! I'm new to Clash of Clans and was looking to see if you guys could give me any advice. I'm not much of a gamer, but this seems like fun. I'd appreciate any and all help along the way as I begin my journey. I'm not planning on spending any real money on this thing just looking to have a little fun ;) LOL.

TIA!....LOL
OK, all dooshyness aside...I really am just starting out at this thing. I read the wiki link on the first page. What is the best way to start? Go for raids or farm or a little of both?

TIA!....LOL
OK, all dooshyness aside...I really am just starting out at this thing. I read the wiki link on the first page. What is the best way to start? Go for raids or farm or a little of both?
Here's my noob guide which is basically what reddit is pushing now.

Step 1) Walls, you don't need them at first. Don't build them. Seriously. Don't build walls till you get to TH6. You heard me.

Step 2) The game makes you build a cannon. That should be the only defensive unit you build until TH5. Again, you heard me. If someone laughs at this put them on ignore. I am your master.

Step 3) Concentrate solely on upgrading your camps and barracks and lab research using funds brought in through raiding with a army consisting of:

90% goblins

10% barbs and then later giants

Step 4) Don't worry about getting attacked. Nobody that attacks you can take anything anyways. And you'll be dumping money into research and camps and barracks asap. Any surplus funds are optional.

Note: Keep trophy level around 200. The bases below 200 trophies will be easy to attack with goblins. You will have no issues funding your camps and barracks and lab stuff there.

TIA!....LOL
Here's my noob guide which is basically what reddit is pushing now.

Step 1) Walls, you don't need them at first. Don't build them. Seriously. Don't build walls till you get to TH6. You heard me.

Step 2) The game makes you build a cannon. That should be the only defensive unit you build until TH5. Again, you heard me. If someone laughs at this put them on ignore. I am your master.

Step 3) Concentrate solely on upgrading your camps and barracks and lab research using funds brought in through raiding with a army consisting of:

90% goblins

10% barbs and then later giants

Step 4) Don't worry about getting attacked. Nobody that attacks you can take anything anyways. And you'll be dumping money into research and camps and barracks asap. Any surplus funds are optional.

Note: Keep trophy level around 200. The bases below 200 trophies will be easy to attack with goblins. You will have no issues funding your camps and barracks and lab stuff there.
Also, do not spend any of your gems on cutting time. I did this before I realized how difficult it is to get enough gems to add on a third builder.

When attacking, don't be concerned passing up the first few camps that come up if they do not provide enough payoff in elixir and gold.

I'm still in FBG1. Skinny = skinny.

We are beating down this war yet again. I think I am going to try to loot #12. The score is 125-49, should seem to be in hand, no?

This seems like an appropriate place for this!

So can I just use my 2nd attack and try to get a star or two on a higher level base so I can try and up my haul or do I need to work a lower level for more stars? We are up 125 to 49

So can I just use my 2nd attack and try to get a star or two on a higher level base so I can try and up my haul or do I need to work a lower level for more stars? We are up 125 to 49
Yeah. The whole point of our attack strategy was to put the match away with our first round of attacks so we could loot with our second round of attacks. Mission accomplished. No hope of putting up 150 on these guys given the strength of their top 10.

I got 1 star on their number 6 guy. I seriously have no clue how to attack bases with those inferno towers. Going forward as the number of TH10's grow it's going to be interesting to see how much closer these wars get, if at all. I mean, when you can only 1 star a third to half their bases, how many stars can you realistically end up with?

They should add team attacks. Let 2 people attack a base at once. Then you can strategically team up a top 10 guy with someone in the 20's to 3 star some of the higher bases. It would use two attacks, one for each of you, but it really does seem like the only way to make it work.

Giving TH10 2 inferno towers was a really bad idea. Not sure when they came up with that idea, but it is/was bull####.

Giving TH10 2 inferno towers was a really bad idea. Not sure when they came up with that idea, but it is/was bull####.
I believe you really need freeze spells to have a chance.
This could work. With the fifth spell you freeze the towers and attack as normal. I totally forgit about that spell. I am going to level that thing immediately. Even better if the clan castle is near the inferno tuwers. Hit them all at once.

Freeze spell lasts for 4 seconds at level 1. However, 3 levels (18 mil elixir, 29 days upgrade time) it goes up to 7 seconds. We will see how effective that is, if at all.

I think I need to go back to Raiding 101.

Going all goblins during sub 200 has made me forget all the fundamentals. I basically suck now.

Users who are viewing this thread