What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I think I need to go back to Raiding 101.

Going all goblins during sub 200 has made me forget all the fundamentals. I basically suck now.
Same here, I have 2 accounts. My th7 account was sub 200 long enough that I forgot how to attack effectively without just doing a 9 dragon rush. My th6 has caused me to attack with minimal troops and no healers. It's coming back to me but I still struggle with the th7 because I keep going against my own doctrine of pick a unit and run with it. My army is a hodge podge of everything rather than focusing on gints/arch/barbs. I started producing hogs which are cool but at lvl1 you have to have a pretty solid attack plan to utilize them and w/o a DE drill, it's easy to eat up DE quickly with very little coming back in.

I think I need to go back to Raiding 101.

Going all goblins during sub 200 has made me forget all the fundamentals. I basically suck now.
I am embarrassingly bad and never was any good. I watch all the replays of the "gregs" of the clan and I learn absolutely nothing from them.

Sorry, i did the math on #1. :nerd: . I don't think my dragons survive to get enough to make the 50%.

8 is the easy honeypot imo for anyone with dragons or a few hogs.

Payout difference from 8 to 1 isn't enough to risk blanking.

Sorry, i did the math on #1. :nerd: . I don't think my dragons survive to get enough to make the 50%.

8 is the easy honeypot imo for anyone with dragons or a few hogs.

Payout difference from 8 to 1 isn't enough to risk blanking.
Yeah I just did a 2 star on it. Spent the hogs to early and dropped the BK and AQ too early as well. 10 lvl2 dragons worked well.

#6 is a easy 2 star with 10 dragons
Show your work
wanted to yesterday but stuck to the +10. ill do this when im at home and have the ipad

just drop your CC at the burger king to kill him then drop dragnos along the bottom to the left

drop a rage when it hits first row of buildings, a heal when the infernos kick in , and another rage when your right nextx to the TH

the dragons will take the TH and spread out and get you 50%

Show your work
wanted to yesterday but stuck to the +10. ill do this when im at home and have the ipad

just drop your CC at the burger king to kill him then drop dragnos along the bottom to the left

drop a rage when it hits first row of buildings, a heal when the infernos kick in , and another rage when your right nextx to the TH

We had someone do a dragon rush and they got 1 star. 2 may be possible, but I don't know about easy.

One thing I just noticed watching the replay, #6 does not appear to have any teslas, nor is there an Archer Queen.

Might try a kamikaze balloonion on it, just for kicks. I'm without my BK though as he is upgrading.

Edit to add: if you are going with dragons, you could ignore the BK entirely. But still have to deal with CC wizards, which on this base are easy to lure

Last edited by a moderator:
Show your work

We had someone do a dragon rush and they got 1 star. 2 may be possible, but I don't know about easy.

One thing I just noticed watching the replay, #6 does not appear to have any teslas, nor is there an Archer Queen.

Might try a kamikaze balloonion on it, just for kicks. I'm without my BK though as he is upgrading.

Edit to add: if you are going with dragons, you could ignore the BK entirely. But still have to deal with CC wizards, which on this base are easy to lure
the inferno towers are only lvl 1 so they arnt going to destroy your dragons too quickly. all depends on how you drop the dragons down really

Show your work

the inferno towers are only lvl 1 so they arnt going to destroy your dragons too quickly. all depends on how you drop the dragons down really
Looking forward to watching your attack. I went in from the NE to avoid the anti-air xbow as much as possible and ensure 50%. Dragons didn't have enough left in the tank to survive the infernos and xbow near the TH when they got there. Maybe a direct attack into the teeth of the defense on the SW side would be a better way to go, we'll see

#8 is an easy 1 star with 6 or more dragons and a heal and rage spell. might even get by with less than that.

Show your work

Looking forward to watching your attack. I went in from the NE to avoid the anti-air xbow as much as possible and ensure 50%. Dragons didn't have enough left in the tank to survive the infernos and xbow near the TH when they got there. Maybe a direct attack into the teeth of the defense on the SW side would be a better way to go, we'll see
damn the pressure is on!

Hi guys! I'm new to Clash of Clans and was looking to see if you guys could give me any advice. I'm not much of a gamer, but this seems like fun. I'd appreciate any and all help along the way as I begin my journey. I'm not planning on spending any real money on this thing just looking to have a little fun ;) LOL.

TIA!....LOL
OK, all dooshyness aside...I really am just starting out at this thing. I read the wiki link on the first page. What is the best way to start? Go for raids or farm or a little of both?
raiding is the best way to add resources fast and is definitely better early in the game. upgrade your defenses and your units early at each TH level and go raiding regularly to keep all of your builders occupies all the time if possible. you can get your third builder fairly easily (500 gems) by about the time you get to TH5 just clearing the trees and stones and getting achievements done, maybe even TH4. the achievement to get to 1250 trophies is the one that got me the third builder. Fourth builder (1000 gems) is a bit harder but still doable. I think most guys here have not spent any real money and those who did only did so to buy their builders afaik.

Alright - Dark Elixer raiding. How you guys find the most efficient way to do it when you are not so concerned about gold or reg elixer? I'm up in the 1400s. Talking about army composition mostly. Any other tips welcomed.

Alright - Dark Elixer raiding. How you guys find the most efficient way to do it when you are not so concerned about gold or reg elixer? I'm up in the 1400s. Talking about army composition mostly. Any other tips welcomed.
Need to add WBs to a basic barch. 8 is normal run.

Send a wall of barch out. Then try to snipe in WB to open up the DE compartment. Then send a test goblin to see if it targets the DE storage. If so release the hounds. Try to target ones that are only two compartments deep. Once they are 3 deep then you probably can't get WBs to bust open enough holes.

Heal spell over the DE storage.

8WB

60 gobs

50/50 barch

go in with at least 1 heal spell.

Don't forget TH9 might have 2 full DE drills to empty as well.

Need to add WBs to a basic barch. 8 is normal run.

Send a wall of barch out. Then try to snipe in WB to open up the DE compartment. Then send a test goblin to see if it targets the DE storage. If so release the hounds. Try to target ones that are only two compartments deep. Once they are 3 deep then you probably can't get WBs to bust open enough holes.

Heal spell over the DE storage.

8WB

60 gobs

50/50 barch

go in with at least 1 heal spell.

Don't forget TH9 might have 2 full DE drills to empty as well.
Cool, that's pretty close to what I do, but with more barch and less gobs.

Is there a black market to make cash in this game via cloning, boting, etc.? just curious
Don't think so.

oh, and does it use tapjoy for in game currency?
no
No invite rewards, etc? I was offering to help yall if yall need some. I used to walk on the dark side in another app game once and have experience in the grey areas of them if it is not frowned upon by the fbg group.
Nothing really that we've found or heard about.

Is there a black market to make cash in this game via cloning, boting, etc.? just curious
Don't think so.

no
No invite rewards, etc? I was offering to help yall if yall need some. I used to walk on the dark side in another app game once and have experience in the grey areas of them if it is not frowned upon by the fbg group.
This game is pretty much hackproof. All the game data is validated against the server at start up.

Don't think so.

no
This game is pretty much hackproof. All the game data is validated against the server at start up.
Im no hacker. I can barely check my email. I can clone the app and make multiple accounts to get invite type stuff that is in some of those type of games. I see its through the game center. Yall have fun!

Don't think so.
no
my students hack the crap out of it. Not well, but it can be done

Don't think so.
no
There are apps on Cydia which can help you glitch the game.

Don't think so.
no
The only thing you can really do is run an app that keeps the app active, which is why SuperCell put in the 8 hours max active. Lots of people can hack the game to up their resources but once it checks in with the servers it's gone.

Currently upgrading to TH8. Have lvl1 BK, minions and hogs, and saving up DE from raids to upgrade..... something. Have been aiming for hogs, but wondering if I'm going to start getting raided more and more as I accumulate DE (at about 10k now). Should I just start the BK upgrade once I have enough, or keep saving for lvl2 hogs? (Or upgrade the minions - I had discounted that since the upgrade seems so minor.)

Currently upgrading to TH8. Have lvl1 BK, minions and hogs, and saving up DE from raids to upgrade..... something. Have been aiming for hogs, but wondering if I'm going to start getting raided more and more as I accumulate DE (at about 10k now). Should I just start the BK upgrade once I have enough, or keep saving for lvl2 hogs? (Or upgrade the minions - I had discounted that since the upgrade seems so minor.)
Up to you. Are you going to be active in war? Hogs are great for war, but kind of expensive for raiding application. The lab upgrade is like 8 days for hogs 2, so you could hit hogs and then raid for DE and keep upping your BK while you wait for hogs to finish. One thing others have mentioned is that racing to BK 5 isn't a bad idea because at that level you get his special ability - rage which is pretty nice.

Up to you. Are you going to be active in war? Hogs are great for war, but kind of expensive for raiding application. The lab upgrade is like 8 days for hogs 2, so you could hit hogs and then raid for DE and keep upping your BK while you wait for hogs to finish. One thing others have mentioned is that racing to BK 5 isn't a bad idea because at that level you get his special ability - rage which is pretty nice.
I am pretty active in war, doing mostly dragon raids, which is also pretty pricey. I had the same thought on the BK 5 with rage, but that also seems so far out.. I may save up a bit more for hogs 2, and if I start getting raided a ton just pony up the gems to buy the rest of the DE needed, as I have all the builders I'm ever planning to get (4), and am sitting on several hundred gems.

Might just be my perception, but it seems as long as you keep your gold and elixir low, holding onto less than 10k DE is easy. Between 10-20k you will start being targeted, and above 20k you can count on it.

I am pretty active in war, doing mostly dragon raids, which is also pretty pricey. I had the same thought on the BK 5 with rage, but that also seems so far out.. I may save up a bit more for hogs 2, and if I start getting raided a ton just pony up the gems to buy the rest of the DE needed, as I have all the builders I'm ever planning to get (4), and am sitting on several hundred gems.
Some of us drop down to the 5 or 600s to hide when we have too much raidable DE. They are mostly doing sub 200 raiding though.

Might just be my perception, but it seems as long as you keep your gold and elixir low, holding onto less than 10k DE is easy. Between 10-20k you will start being targeted, and above 20k you can count on it.
22417 DE right now. :scared:

If you guys have a lot of loot, say 3 million of each, and don't have builders available, do you sit under any shields you happen to get or do you just keep playing?

Thanks for the noob help, Gents! I'm off to a decent start. I wisely haven't touched my gems and am working up to the trophy level needed. I did unfortunately add some walls, the additional canon and archer tower at TH1 before reading the suggestions, but I won't by any more. Raiding is fun, but I run out of elixir fast burning through troops. I'm up to a TH2 now and am waiting on my level 3 barracks to finish so I can add goblins to my raids.

This game is pretty enjoyable at this stage.

Can't wait for the next war - I'll have L2 dragons, hogs, and a 3rd spell, all researching/upgrading currently. But I can't recall the last time I've been attacked in a war. Isn't it a waste of a Valk and wizards?

If you guys have a lot of loot, say 3 million of each, and don't have builders available, do you sit under any shields you happen to get or do you just keep playing?
Just take a break. Or pump dragons to give away to people that are DE pushing.

Thanks for the noob help, Gents! I'm off to a decent start. I wisely haven't touched my gems and am working up to the trophy level needed. I did unfortunately add some walls, the additional canon and archer tower at TH1 before reading the suggestions, but I won't by any more. Raiding is fun, but I run out of elixir fast burning through troops. I'm up to a TH2 now and am waiting on my level 3 barracks to finish so I can add goblins to my raids.

This game is pretty enjoyable at this stage.
I would add the walls personally. I know at lower levels they aren't that effective, but I never really felt that I was lacking the resources to get things built as much as I was lacking builders. I guess I have just progressed through the game by completing everything possible before upgrading TH. Just my style.

In the beginning I didn't really like archers and preferred raiding with barbs and gobs. Once the archers hit level 3 I felt they were significantly better and now I raid with primarily archers and gobs. Goblins just melt the resource storages/collectors and cost nothing to make. Don't worry about killing the TH, just focus on the resources. There is no real need to climb up in trophies, so just try to stay under 200 and clean up resources.

On losing your DE to raids, around 25k DE was the point that I was losing DE faster than I could make it. That was including a boosted level 3 DE drill which is making 2160 DE a day, plus raiding. I had days I lost over 5k DE just to lightning strikes.

Best way I found to avoid that was go hide in the 400-500 trophy range. That's how I made it to 40k DE for the level 4 hogrider upgrade. You can either hide there and gather from your drill, or can go sub200 and raid and then just kill 8-10 newbie bases with a few barbs and BK to climb back to 400 before you quit. You may give up a little to revenges if you do go raid, but not nearly as much as you lose at higher trophies. The farmers you are targeting down at that level are there because they don't want to raid, for the most part.

Damn, missed the boat on jumping over to FBG2 for war. Let me know if you guys kick the inactives.

Users who are viewing this thread