What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

Apologies if I over stepped my boundaries here. Not my clan. I'm not one of the leaders. Just did it cause it needed to be done....
No foul, cliff. It's all good. After all the whining when I booted him 2 weeks ago, then he was let back in, you think he'd bring more than a farm army to attack.

So FBGS just got a join request from " Michael". Wonder if AZ Ron invited him to give him something to do while he plows Barbara?

Might have waited until after the war but whatever - needed to be done. We have some skilled snipers that can one star 1 & 2 and get the same results.

I would really like to try a small, extreme serious business clan. 10-15 people warring. Heroes always up. Proper mix of TH level. Any interest?
I'm interested as well.

But not sure how we pull this off without breaking up the clan? Who stays? Who goes?

Maybe just a temporary type thing? Like a long weekend off work type of war - Thanksgiving weekend, Xmas weekend. Kickoff Friday night - then war into Sat/Sun - back to regular clan for Mon night kickoff. Dunno?

Oh lordy! Cant argue if he doest bring a full army. His donations are low as well bc hes maxed out
People were tired of watching the same no effort Lavaloon farming attacks followed by Max hero cleanup for one star. We have TH9's that can accomplish the same thing with snipes.

Clan doesn't ask for much - donate what you can and "try" . . . at least try to 3 star an opponent. Most of us fail miserably but you still got to make the effort, hopefully learn from it and be better next time out. Jamie brought none of that to our clan.

Hope Craig stays but totally understand if he wants to follow Jamie to another clan.

I would really like to try a small, extreme serious business clan. 10-15 people warring. Heroes always up. Proper mix of TH level. Any interest?
I'm interested as well.But not sure how we pull this off without breaking up the clan? Who stays? Who goes?

Maybe just a temporary type thing? Like a long weekend off work type of war - Thanksgiving weekend, Xmas weekend. Kickoff Friday night - then war into Sat/Sun - back to regular clan for Mon night kickoff. Dunno?
Doesn't matter who IMO. Anyone can join so long as long as they put in the effort. we cap it at 10 (to keep enough folks in FBGS), have a good TH mix and both heroes up. People free to bounce back and forth. Think it would be best to get on the same schedule so that you don't miss out on a war.

I don't think it would kill FBGS if we keep 10. We'd have a couple permanent TH8 I think (Jr and Guam if he'd be in). Then you have 4 TH9&10 rotating through.

I'm interested as well.

But not sure how we pull this off without breaking up the clan? Who stays? Who goes?

If only there was a clan who considered war to be serious business.

Clayton Gray said:
I'm interested as well.But not sure how we pull this off without breaking up the clan? Who stays? Who goes?

Are you referring to the clan with that name and 17 people that aren't even in leagues this season? That one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Clayton Gray said:

Are you referring to the clan with that name and 17 people that aren't even in leagues this season? That one?
You found us!!! :excited:

While defending:

- TH destroyed = NO shield

- 30% destruction = 12 hour shield

- 60% destruction = 14 hour shield

- 90%+ destruction = 16 hour shield

- Shield only given IF 50% of attacking army is used (based on the defender's TH level)

While attacking:

- You can attack while under a shield

- Searching for an attack does NOT reduce shield time

- An attack during a shield will reduce the shield, NOT cancel it (3 hours first attack, increasing for further attacks)

You will be attacking and defending more in this new system, read above for more details.

While defending:

- Shield only given IF 50% of attacking army is used (based on the defender's TH level)

While attacking:

- An attack during a shield will reduce the shield, NOT cancel it (3 hours first attack, increasing for further attacks)

You will be attacking and defending more in this new system, read above for more details.
:clap:

They really needed a change like this!

While defending:

While attacking:

:clap:

They really needed a change like this!
Whoa. So no TH snipes for free loot and no more free shields. That is a big change. Superqueen would bow become an even bigger ####-move. It wouldn't qualify as "50% of attacking" army being deployed.

While defending:

While attacking:

Good - long overdue

Getting rid of stuff that "cheapens" the game.

Hopefully getting rid of Clan War Farming clans is not far behind.

it doesnt say no bonus for sniping TH

just no shield
This could lead to a field day for TH snipers. I may actually see some now. Wow, you could earn 10 million a day
im assuming it will not lead to a bonus by the no shield

but if there is a bonus still?!?! Lool
It would give no shield but still a star I would think
But you could leave your TH out and drop like 200 trophies in an hour if I'm following this situation. I think you'll see some bizzare "30%" bases with all the collectors and TH all on one side and a dense packed array of storage and defense on the other. That seems to be the early consensus, just th sniping made a little more stupid.

Keep in mind there will be 4 more tiles in all directions. It will NOT be hard to make a farming base with that much room.

just no shield
This could lead to a field day for TH snipers. I may actually see some now. Wow, you could earn 10 million a day

But you could leave your TH out and drop like 200 trophies in an hour if I'm following this situation. I think you'll see some bizzare "30%" bases with all the collectors and TH all on one side and a dense packed array of storage and defense on the other. That seems to be the early consensus, just th sniping made a little more stupid.

Keep in mind there will be 4 more tiles in all directions. It will NOT be hard to make a farming base with that much room.
Attacker still has to use 50% of the army to convey a shield though.

just no shield

Exactly.

TH and an unprotected 30% on one side would not circumvent the issue.

just no shield

Exactly.

TH and an unprotected 30% on one side would not circumvent the issue.
oh, thought it was 50% of troops to get the loot bonus. Need to read this a little closer. In any situation seems like now gold/silver is the place to park.

There are other shield changes coming ("Village Guard" and "Personal Break"), so there is more to be said on the issue.
Village guard has been somewhat leaked to mean that you can set your clan castle to NOT come out in the situation where you are holding a war army clan castle composition.

It seems like there will be a whole lot of people who will be under shield a lot of the time. Wonder what it will do to matchmaking

No doubt in my mind I'm hitting the magical TH11 button as soon as I can.

Question will be what to upgrade first?

Lava Hound 5?

New Hero?

New FALCON defense?

Still remember when the Lava Hound came out. AZ had it within 2 minutes. At the time most of us thought it was a useless troop. Now I don't raid without 2 of them

It seems like there will be a whole lot of people who will be under shield a lot of the time. Wonder what it will do to matchmaking
How do you figure? It will be the exact opposite IMO. Your pool of targets should increase more than 10-fold.

At least 95% of players had exposed TH for immediate shields when they logged off. No longer.

This change may be the single best update for the game, ever.

How do you figure? It will be the exact opposite IMO. Your pool of targets should increase more than 10-fold.

At least 95% of players had exposed TH for immediate shields when they logged off. No longer.

Yeah, it really depends on the numbers (the amount of loot hiding behind shields at any given time), and only SC has access to them.

I am guessing that it will be easier to gain loot, but also easier to lose it.

30% is hardly anything. You can collector raid and hit the TH for 30%

That gives a 12 hour shield

ETA: Goblins make a comeback

30% is hardly anything. You can collector raid and hit the TH for 30%

That gives a 12 hour shield

ETA: Goblins make a comeback
30% is small, but still a heckuva lot more than 2% (exposed TH)

Users who are viewing this thread