What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CBSSportsline Commish 2014 (1 Viewer)

cobalt_27

Footballguy
When on earth do they open up the product line for each new year? We're in mid-June, and they're still dragging their heels. Is this typical or unusually late? I'm wanting to get a league set up with them.

When on earth do they open up the product line for each new year? We're in mid-June, and they're still dragging their heels. Is this typical or unusually late? I'm wanting to get a league set up with them.
At least you get to pay double what every other site wants to get the privilege to wait.

I can renew my leagues for 2014 right now (its been open for about three weeks). that would leave me to beleive the 2014 leagues are available.

My renewal email arrived about an hour ago for the one league I have with them.

"Renew your league(s) now using the links below to Save over 15% and get a FREE Fantasy‌ Football Draft Board Kit. But, don't wait – you must act by June‌ 24 to take advantage of this special preseason offer!"

Ha, gotta love a 6/24 deadline, 15 days away, in their initial email. They're not big on lead time I guess.

By the way, if anyone wants my draft board kit they are welcome to it. It always goes into the dumpster. No one in my league ever wants it.

Heatman said:
cobalt_27 said:
At least you get to pay double what every other site wants to get the privilege to wait.
Ain't it the truth. But my league mates are used to it, have been with them a looong time, and don't like change. Oh well.

Heatman said:
cobalt_27 said:
Ain't it the truth. But my league mates are used to it, have been with them a looong time, and don't like change. Oh well.
Sometimes you need to do what's best for the league (more money in the prize pool). They would get used to it quickly if you used a different provider.

Heatman said:
cobalt_27 said:
The one major drawback is the lack of a decent app for MFL. It's not a huge deal for me but the other members like the ability to set their lineups and check live scoring through an app.

Heatman said:
cobalt_27 said:
Sometimes you need to do what's best for the league (more money in the prize pool). They would get used to it quickly if you used a different provider.
A couple of us who use MFL in other leagues have brought it up before, but for most of these guys it's their only league and we've used CBS since we put the league online in 2000. Although I'm the commish, it's a league that is gently guided by me rather than run autocratically.

We're not typical in that this will be the league's 34th year, and most of the current ownership have been around since the mid-80s and have gone from young pup accountants to big hitters in business since then. I know that 6-7 of these guys make well into six figures and 3-4 of those probably make a half-mil on up yearly. Familiarity is more important to them, and the 6 to 8 dollar per team cost difference between league hosting services is inconsequential.

Not my preference, but I live with it.

And no, I'm not one of the rich guys unfortunately. I can always use an 8 buck savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heatman said:
cobalt_27 said:
A couple of us who use MFL in other leagues have brought it up before, but for most of these guys it's their only league and we've used CBS since we put the league online in 2000. Although I'm the commish, it's a league that is gently guided by me rather than run autocratically.

We're not typical in that this will be the league's 34th year, and most of the current ownership have been around since the mid-80s and have gone from young pup accountants to big hitters in business since then. I know that 6-7 of these guys make well into six figures and 3-4 of those probably make a half-mil on up yearly. Familiarity is more important to them, and the 6 to 8 dollar per team cost difference between league hosting services is inconsequential.

Not my preference, but I live with it.

And no, I'm not one of the rich guys unfortunately. I can always use an 8 buck savings.
I'm in a league like that myself. Resistant to change but at least they all go by CBS player ranking so that helps. :)

The one major drawback is the lack of a decent app for MFL. It's not a huge deal for me but the other members like the ability to set their lineups and check live scoring through an app.
If you have Android this isnt an issue.

Chris Stewart created a phenomenal app for MFL, with full functionality. It's seriously great.

Yeah, still not accessible.

Not sure why mention of CBS or any other product always results in the MFL mafia to come out to start a turf war. I like MFL, I use it in a lot of leagues. But, having used CBS commish package in the past, it's a better fit for this particular group of guys, and price tag isn't a concern. Just would like it to roll out soon.

"Renew your league(s) now using the links below to Save over 15% and get a FREE Fantasy‌ Football Draft Board Kit. But, don't wait – you must act by June‌ 24 to take advantage of this special preseason offer!"

Ha, gotta love a 6/24 deadline, 15 days away, in their initial email. They're not big on lead time I guess.

By the way, if anyone wants my draft board kit they are welcome to it. It always goes into the dumpster. No one in my league ever wants it.
I want it, sir.

Send you a PM, to help me get it from you. And thanks

I want it, sir.

Send you a PM, to help me get it from you. And thanks
Evil G, another poster PM'd me about it and I replied last night. If he follows up with his info he gets it, but if he doesn't respond in the next couple days you can have it. I have your PM so I'll let you know either way.

To all others, it looks like the draft kit is spoken for. No more requests please.

I'm glad I'm able to give it away this year. I wish I'd thought to ask the SP years before. DUH.

How's everyone like new layout? I'm using ipad and the banner at the top isn't right

Desktop was having problems earlier too

I don't particularly care for it either, way too much information, none of which is really all that useful. And at a $150-$180 price tag (depending on when you renew), I'm starting to lean towards going with Yahoo or NFL because there's no real value to be had at CBS other than keeping our historical records.

To make matters worse, the player pages no longer display salary or contract information, so if I want to look up a player I'm interested in trading for, I have to then drill down to that owner's roster to see what sort of price they have. That information isn't available on the trading page either, which is equally annoying.

Anyone's banner at the top messed up my whole league can't click or find where to see pending offers they made and propose trades basically 1/4 the right side of screen banner doesn't show

The new site is awful on my iPhone 5s (haven't checked on PC yet). Also the top banner is incomplete-- most icons appear to be missing, etc.

Also I found in the app, you can't include draft picks in trades (?!).

Terrible.

I have been running a redraft league on cbs for many years now and this season I wanted to bring us up with the times and move away from traditional "free" waivers to the lowest seeded teams with FCFS after Wed mornings. I was hoping to introduce FAAB with FCFS after waivers run. Unfortunately CBS does not allow this and FAAB auction is the only way to pick up players with a 1 day delay. This league I run is the only league for a few of these guys so moving to MFL is too much of a shock for them.

ugh... Why cant CBS just do FAAB then FCFS like its supposed to be?

***the new look to the site looks fine to me. At least i see what we are paying for even if I would rather we use MFL.

Same with my league. I finally convinced everyone to switch to MFL in 2012 for half the cost. When it came time for 2013 renewals everyone wanted CBS back. Boggles my mind how so many people simply hate change.

The Head Ape, I'm having the same problem on all three devices. Let me know if they fix this. Nobody at support is offering help. They ask a time to call me and don't

We use CBS & I'd like to make draft picks available for trade, just like players. Anybody know how to do that?

The Head Ape, I'm having the same problem on all three devices. Let me know if they fix this. Nobody at support is offering help. They ask a time to call me and don't
I have left three scathing "feedback" submissions, but since I'm not a commish they won't respond to me.

Our commish has submitted a complaint which categorically outlined the problems we have encountered. So far no reply but it has been less than a day since he submitted.

We use CBS & I'd like to make draft picks available for trade, just like players. Anybody know how to do that?
You won't be able to so it on an iPhone at least. I could do it on a PC, but amazingly the draft picks don't show up if you view the trade in the iPhone app :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread